Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: How much impact will "The" Golf Course have?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Seeing the words "impact" and "golf course" together reminds me of my first and only real golf experiance. There was, and may still be, a 9 hole chip and putt course down by Lincoln Park. We were in our late teens and always looking for "something to do" so my friend talks me into going down to play golf. I was not then, nor am I now, a golfer but I had seen the game played on TV so I knew exactly how it was done. I had the stance and the form down pretty well and also knew that my main objective in the game was to whack that ball off the rubber tee as hard as humanly possible just like the guys on TV. It was a beautiful shot, I felt like a regular Arnold Palmer. Unfortunately it was a bit off to the left, actually quite a bit off, but still it was a beautiful thing to watch. There is something hypnotic about watching a golfball soar, hang in the air, and make its return to earth. Did you know that when a golfball comes down on blacktop from a great height it will bounce perhaps 20-30 feet and continue to do so for quite a distance? This is especially true if it is bouncing off of a series vehicles moving at 60MPH. The ball was last seen moving south in the vicinity of the intersection of Rt 440 and Communipaw. Needless to say, we did not bother to retrieve it. Do over.

Posted on: 2006/3/14 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, was that original post embarrassing. I'm surprised Sebe didn't post the phone number of "very nice and knowledgeable woman Gloria with Liberty Realty LLC."

Posted on: 2006/3/14 5:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/3/24 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Can't imagine how the golf course would help that neighborhood. The course is so expensive and exclusive I can't imagine that many people reading this will be members (myself included :().

On another note, $100/s.f. is a pretty good deal for an existing structure, but of course it depends on its condition and what work needs to be done. Based on someone else's description, it sounds like you bought an old, abandoned, warehouse. Good luck with it.

I also don't understand why you would give the address and price of of a property if you have just submitted an offer. Sounds to me like you have ulterior motives.

Posted on: 2006/3/14 3:36
"The right course of action is seldom the most popular" - anonymous

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/27 4:28
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Shill

shill | sh il| informal

noun:

an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

See Also:
sebe

Posted on: 2006/3/14 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sebe wrote:
On Jersey City real estate? I submitted an offer for a gorgeous loft building at 247 Princeton Avenue - 13K sq. ft for $1.3 is an incredible deal for owning a piece of true Jersey City history. It was a bank building it has vaults and all. The neighborhood is quiet and serene for blocks and blocks. I walked around late at night as well as during the day.

The realtor very nice and knowledgeable woman Gloria with Liberty Realty LLC who pointed out how this $140 million golf course 1/2 mile away is really putting a lot of energy into this neighborhood. I hadn't even heard of the Liberty National Golf Course has anyone else?

There are really large gorgeous buildings further into town. Priced a lot cheaper than downtown. I can forgo the hype and enjoy the space. I have been downtown for years and we are running out of space. The views of NYC from the roof of this building is breathtaking. I am trying not to get too excited so I don't jinx the transaction.

Any opinions out there? Is it just me or is 13K square feet of raw space for 1.3 not a great deal?

LNGC (Liberty National Golf Club) will have minimal impact on JC RE other than, of course, on Port Liberte, which the golf course virtually surrounds, and on the future Residences at Liberty National (condos $1.5 mil to $5 mil), which will solely depend on LNGC from the marketing point of view.

There are some houses in Greenville and Bergen-Lafayette which have a view of the golf course, and so LNGC will have a positive impact on their marketability. But if they have views of the course, then they also have views of Manhattan, which is far more important.

Having said all that, I would not sell Mr Fireman (owner of LNGC) short.

There WILL be major PGA tournaments played at LNGC, there WILL be a huge marketing blitz when they start selling the condos and attracting the PGA Tour to the site, and there WILL be major buzz about JC in general on National TV when they televise the Ryder Cup or other tournament at LNGC.

How your 13K sq ft shack on Princeton Ave will be affected, I dunno.

Posted on: 2006/3/5 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sebe wrote:
On Jersey City real estate? I submitted an offer for a gorgeous loft building at 247 Princeton Avenue - 13K sq. ft

for $1.3 is an incredible deal for owning a piece of true Jersey City history. It was a bank building it has vaults and all. The neighborhood is quiet and serene for blocks and blocks. I walked around late at night as well as during the day.

The realtor very nice and knowledgeable woman Gloria with Liberty Realty LLC who pointed out how this $140 million golf course 1/2 mile away is really putting a lot of energy into this neighborhood. I hadn't even heard of the Liberty National Golf Course has anyone else?

There are really large gorgeous buildings further into town. Priced a lot cheaper than downtown. I can forgo the hype and enjoy the space. I have been downtown for years and we are running out of space. The views of NYC from the roof of this building is breathtaking. I am trying not to get too excited so I don't jinx the transaction.

Any opinions out there? Is it just me or is 13K square feet of raw space for 1.3 not a great deal?

Sounds to me that our "...very nice and knowledgeable woman Gloria with Liberty Realty LLC..." is shilling this board as just one more realtor trying to hype this area in a not so subtle posting!

Either that or this so-called user "sebe" is the most clueless, naive buyer of multi-million $$ real estate I've ever heard about

Who ever heard of someone posting an offer to buy RE on a public board? Puhleeze, Spammers!

Posted on: 2006/3/5 2:55
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, sebe, for someone so well informed about JC real estate and its historic preservation rules downtown, it makes me wonder how you didn't know that there was a golf course there? Perhaps you already own the property and this post is just a way to create some hype for the hood?

Posted on: 2006/3/4 20:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/23 17:02
From Wayne Street
Group:
Registered Users
What exactly are you buying (or are you selling)? I drove by on my way back from Home Depot this morning and there is nothing there but a vacant lot on the corner (with a junky bricked up building mid block on Winfield). Although the vacant lot and buildings had Liberty RE signs all over them. Maybe I missed it but I think, if you're real, you're getting ripped off. Course if you can throw away 1.3mill on a piece of RE in that neighborhood then maybe you just don't care. I'd like to see what your heating bill will be in the winter for all that space.

Of course if you're a speculator/developer and you chop it up into 10 condos and turn the vacant lot into a parking lot and can get a decent return on your investment then I say Go For It! I hope you did your research on comparables (well there probably aren't any) but I hope you know what prices are like in that neighborhood. Yes its quiet. Yes the light rail is nearby. Its just my opinion but Liberty National isn't going to do squat for the real estate demand/prices in that neighborhood.

Posted on: 2006/3/4 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Doesn't look like an up and coming area, but I like the nearby tank farm on the other side of 440.

Posted on: 2006/3/4 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Why are you telling everyone about your deal if you are trying to buy it?

Not worried others might jump in?

Quote:

sebe wrote:
I submitted an offer for a gorgeous loft building at 247 Princeton Avenue - 13K sq. ft for $1.3 is an incredible deal.... I am trying not to get too excited so I don't jinx the transaction...... Is it just me or is 13K square feet of raw space for 1.3 not a great deal?

Posted on: 2006/3/4 12:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/2 1:55
Group:
Registered Users
What do you need 13,000 sqft for?

Yes, $1.3M sounds like a good deal. I'd ignore the golf course: You can't see it - you can't walk on it - you can't join it.

BTW: regardless of the size of the place, the area is kind of crappy, i.e. not safe. But I guess you can just take long walks around your unit.

Posted on: 2006/3/4 12:14

How much impact will "The" Golf Course have?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/3/4 4:34
Group:
Registered Users
On Jersey City real estate? I submitted an offer for a gorgeous loft building at 247 Princeton Avenue - 13K sq. ft for $1.3 is an incredible deal for owning a piece of true Jersey City history. It was a bank building it has vaults and all. The neighborhood is quiet and serene for blocks and blocks. I walked around late at night as well as during the day.

Posted on: 2006/3/4 5:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017