Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Another top honor for JC - worse city to drive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
The obvious solution is that we all need to buy flying cars:

Posted on: 2019/9/26 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I did not write the story in Jersey Digs, nicky, but facts do not bother you, because you are full of misplaced rage. Neither did I write the Jersey Journal story on the subject. Or tell the 100 plus residents to show up to complain about bike lanes and the road diet at Hudson Catholic. There are people out there who can help you with your problem. Seek them out.

Posted on: 2019/9/26 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Yvonne, have you been to any of the ?best? cities on that list? They don?t have PATH or NJT or anything near the transit system we have here. For all the troubles and all the complaints we rightfully make about transit around here, it is better than 95% of the rest of the country.

The entire meeting was put together by that senile buffoon Boggiano at the behest of Yvonne with almost no notice and was stacked with her hand picked bike lane opponents. She was of course regurgitating her lies. Thankfully the mayor has said they're already not going anywhere and even more will be installed, so her NIMBY powers are useless. Yvonne is simply going into snowflake mode and can't accept she lives in a changing city.

Posted on: 2019/9/26 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Whilst driving home around 8 pm tonight along Montgomery, several men at different points crossed the DARK road (and not at a traffic light). Very dangerous. Be careful out there!

Posted on: 2019/9/26 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, have you been to any of the ?best? cities on that list? They don?t have PATH or NJT or anything near the transit system we have here. For all the troubles and all the complaints we rightfully make about transit around here, it is better than 95% of the rest of the country.

Posted on: 2019/9/26 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Ooooooo ?bottom 5 for car washes per capita...?

Not surprisingly, the cities at the top of the list are drive-thru obsessed sprawlburbs. Fortunately JC is not that kind of a city. We have good public transit (though of course it has its problems) and we?re a very walkable city. I can live here comfortably without a car, but that wouldn?t be possible in places like Raleigh NC a"nd most of the top half of that list.

"We have good public transit..." I guess you did not attend the meeting yesterday in Ward C held in Hudson Catholic High school. People complained that it took 40 minutes to drive a short distance due to the road diet and St. Aedan's Church could not get the hearse near the church due to the city's new configuration of Bergen Avenue. Parents cannot pick up their children from school and senior citizens came screaming about being vulnerable crossing the street since the change of the road. Finally merchants complained no one is shopping due to the road congestion brought on by the road diet.

Posted on: 2019/9/25 19:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
learning to drive around here has made me a better driver.

- attentive (for morons crossing / biking against the light, for morons who switch lanes without signaling),
- aware (so i'm not cruising at 50 MPH in the left lane, so that i'm not swerving 3 lanes to catch my exit on the turnpike at the last second),
- confident (so i'm not stuck dilly dallying at an heavily trafficked intersection)

I'd argue that driving around here / NYC for a decade has allowed me to learn these skills and has made me a better driver. So maybe JC is the best city to drive?

Posted on: 2019/9/25 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Ooooooo ?bottom 5 for car washes per capita...?

Not surprisingly, the cities at the top of the list are drive-thru obsessed sprawlburbs. Fortunately JC is not that kind of a city. We have good public transit (though of course it has its problems) and we?re a very walkable city. I can live here comfortably without a car, but that wouldn?t be possible in places like Raleigh NC and most of the top half of that list.

Posted on: 2019/9/25 4:02

Another top honor for JC - worse city to drive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
With the construction and the road diet for bikes, you cannot move.
https://jerseydigs.com/newark-jersey-c ... HsjvU4oEojSeWo7cb0mrGApIU

Posted on: 2019/9/25 2:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017