Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Neighbor illegaly paved over front yard for parking
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Seriously though, I think the easiest way to deal with this is for the city to go to each illegal curb cut and paint "PUBLIC PARKING ALLOWED" in the spot.

One would have to care little for their car to take advantage of that. Old school JC folks tend to take matters into their own hands. The city would have to install bollards!

Posted on: 2019/7/16 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously though, I think the easiest way to deal with this is for the city to go to each illegal curb cut and paint "PUBLIC PARKING ALLOWED" in the spot.

Posted on: 2019/7/16 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Yvonne and her NAs

Which ones are Yvonne's? ()

Posted on: 2019/7/16 14:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/25 19:36
Group:
Registered Users
Is the parking downtown in the historic district? If not he might be able to keep it as a parking spot. If you call the city he will just need to get it inspected and pay for the permit.

Posted on: 2019/7/15 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
ROFL!!!!

What a mess.

Informal parking spots that are not big enough and end up with cars blocking the sidewalk are a huge problem for pedestrians.

I wish there was a revenue neutral tax on parking sports and heavy fines for illegal ones.

Posted on: 2019/7/15 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
my favorite example of how homemade parking spots ruin a Street is Pavonia by Square Ramp, off Tonnelle. Every horizontal surface was paved over and cars are jammed into every space-often with bumpers illegally blocking the sidewalk when the spots aren?t deep enough to park without inconvenienceing pedestrians. After heavy snowfall the chumps who ruined the street are out trying to shovel off their parking spaces...but the pigs had long ago paved over any space big enough to park a car and there?s now NO PLACE to put the snow. So you see the car owners frantically trying to clear the snow off their parking spot but It?s simply impossible to put the snow someplace where it won?t go into someone else?s spot. If ONLY there was something like....a large dedicated parking structure nearby? Where cars could be parked without destroying the aesthetics of a neighborhood? Oh wait, there is. And it?s literally at the end of their block.

Posted on: 2019/7/15 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
The city should make this the next stop in their pilot "Parklet" program.

Thanks for a little humor. This made me laugh out loud.

Posted on: 2019/7/15 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Fully concur. There is nothing wrong with calling the city to check whether someone's action was legal. It is not snitching, just awareness on both sides. A friend of mine has been very effective using this approach. #TruthAnd(hopefully) (re)conciliation.

Posted on: 2019/7/15 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Let's see if it was permitted first. Ok? But go ahead and tattletale on your neighbors. What goes around comes around.

You're a fool. This isn't like he added a bathroom without a permit, this affects everyone on the block both in parking and in making the area uglier.

Brewster you are an unconscionable blabber mouth. Let's see what you have to say if it was a permitted drive.

Insult so nice you needed to say it twice? And what I would say is it was still affecting parking and aesthetics, but if it's legal there's nothing to do about it. But from everything I've ever heard on this issue, that's unlikely. This stuff is a plague, I've seen houses where they have 3 cars parked in front of one 25' lot, one with a hydrant out front!

Posted on: 2019/7/14 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
She isn?t defending it, ya moron. She?s suing hownif we had more parking people wouldn?t do this nonsense.

The only sick obsession here is yours with Yvonne.

Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If the city would create municipal garages throughout this city, you would not see citizens turning on each other. When I record a neighborhood meeting the same issue comes up. The need for more parking.

Of course Yvonne with her sick parking fetish is defending illegal behavior. Rules and regulations apparently shouldn?t apply when it comes to almighty private parking.

Saying "People wouldn't need to resort to this if only the city blah blah PARKING!" is 100% a rationalization and justification for this behavior. It wouldn't matter if there were a municipal lot on every block, Yvonne and her NAs would whine about the cost and having to trudge a whole 500 feet to get their vehicle.

People like the neighbor in this post and 135jc feel they're entitled enough to have their own private parking and that rules shouldn't apply to them, just like this POS here: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/n ... hg6s2k72he6nge-story.html

Posted on: 2019/7/14 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
LOL No need, you saved me the keystrokes replying to that dolt.

Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
*saying how if. Apologies on the typo.

Posted on: 2019/7/14 12:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
*saying how if. Apologies on the typo.

Posted on: 2019/7/14 10:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
She isn?t defending it, ya moron. She?s suing hownif we had more parking people wouldn?t do this nonsense.

The only sick obsession here is yours with Yvonne.

Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If the city would create municipal garages throughout this city, you would not see citizens turning on each other. When I record a neighborhood meeting the same issue comes up. The need for more parking.

Of course Yvonne with her sick parking fetish is defending illegal behavior. Rules and regulations apparently shouldn?t apply when it comes to almighty private parking.

Posted on: 2019/7/14 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2019/7/14 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Let's see if it was permitted first. Ok? But go ahead and tattletale on your neighbors. What goes around comes around.

You're a fool. This isn't like he added a bathroom without a permit, this affects everyone on the block both in parking and in making the area uglier.

Brewster you are an unconscionable know it all. Let's see what you have to say if it was a permitted drive.

Posted on: 2019/7/13 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Brewster you are an unconscionable blabber mouth. Let's see what you have to say if it was a permitted drive.

Posted on: 2019/7/13 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/7/13 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Usually I believe neighbors should mind their own business for minor things that dont effect anyone, but paving over the lot and adding a curb cut is obnoxious. This should be an easy case for code enforcement.

Posted on: 2019/7/13 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2019/7/13 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/7/13 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
To 135jc:

Wow, good for you with sticking with your beliefs /s
Seriously, when everyone here is thinks you are wrong you might want to rethink it.

Posted on: 2019/7/13 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
No. From my perspective it's up to the city to do something. Not a nosey or jealous neighbor.

Yes because city officials know what?s going on on every corner and street in massive jersey city? Are you trolling, or genuinely this dense?

A neighbor who complains because someone built a fence 6 inches higher than regulations allow? Obnoxious.

Someone illegally cutting out a curb to make their own parking spot? Deserves to get busted.

Posted on: 2019/7/13 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No. From my perspective it's up to the city to do something. Not a nosey or jealous neighbor.

Posted on: 2019/7/12 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Are we supposed to just sit back and ignore these people breaking the law and violating city codes and ordinances ? Having an illegal driveway is unfair to the person paying more taxes on a legal driveway, and if there is a liability issue the insurance company finds out the driveway is not legal someone is going to pay a hefty price. I hope the zoning division makes the neighbor put the curb back.

Posted on: 2019/7/12 23:07
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
I'm curious to see what happens as well. I bet after all your whining they get to keep the driveway. And all that will be accomplished is more tax money wasted

Fine then, I guess from your perspective that it's okay for anyone in the city wishing to set up an illegal driveway and add to the curb cuts in the neighborhood to do so.

Just like Herbert Hoover said "a chicken in every pot" one of the next candidates for mayor can say "a driveway for every townhouse", everyone else without a townhouse and parking space of their own be damned. Great way to get campaign contributions.

When someone, more specifically a neighbor breaks the law that potentially affects me and other in a neighborhood, exactly why am I supposed to mind my own business? Could you explain that one to me please?

Posted on: 2019/7/12 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

You are the ass. It's none of their business

nope, you're the asshole here, it's entirely the business of neighbors that live on that block to not have an asshole like yourself move in and take on street parking away via an illegal front driveway, there's a process involving getting approval if you hadn't heard

upvote

Upvote as well. It's every resident of Jersey City's business if somebody illegally created a curb cut and took away a space for other people to park. Street parking is a hassle these days as it is, even without illegal curb cuts being created. Feel free to give out the location of this illegal driveway and curb cut so we can freely park in front of it. If you don't want to do that, at least keep us posted as to what happens. Good luck.

The joke is if you park across an illegal driveway while the car is inside the driveway, you will be towed. We had someone on our block that did this and we called zoning. They made them paint over the no parking sign but that didn't stop them from parking in it. They would actually drive on the sidewalk to park whenever I blocked it.

Posted on: 2019/7/12 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
And exactly what "tax money" is being wasted, the city enforcing something that was illegal in the first place?

Posted on: 2019/7/12 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm curious to see what happens as well. I bet after all your whining they get to keep the driveway. And all that will be accomplished is more tax money wasted

Posted on: 2019/7/12 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Another vote against 135jc.

Robin.

Posted on: 2019/7/12 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

You are the ass. It's none of their business

nope, you're the asshole here, it's entirely the business of neighbors that live on that block to not have an asshole like yourself move in and take on street parking away via an illegal front driveway, there's a process involving getting approval if you hadn't heard

upvote

Upvote as well. It's every resident of Jersey City's business if somebody illegally created a curb cut and took away a space for other people to park. Street parking is a hassle these days as it is, even without illegal curb cuts being created. Feel free to give out the location of this illegal driveway and curb cut so we can freely park in front of it. If you don't want to do that, at least keep us posted as to what happens. Good luck.

Posted on: 2019/7/12 15:51

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017