Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gentrification coming way too fast in Jersey City neighborhood | Opinion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Seriously. This guy Nick has real stalker issues.

I was looking forward to taking a shot when he bashed NAs for their failure to cure cancer. Oh well. ... next time.

Posted on: 2019/5/16 12:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Of course, nicky is so obsessed with me that no matter what he writes, I am in his head. Get a life nicky, life is short. Also, clean up your language.

Seriously. This guy Nick has real stalker issues.

Posted on: 2019/5/15 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Of course, nicky is so obsessed with me that no matter what he writes, I am in his head. Get a life nicky, life is short. Also, clean up your language.

Posted on: 2019/5/15 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
More NIMBY garbage. Fuck developers, let's keep that part of JC looking like a shithole. The grammar in this article is so bad, it could have been written by Yvonne. This dude was on the city council? Looks like his idea were so terrible his district ran him out of office and thank god they did. Hopefully the citizens of Ward E run the equally terrible James Solomon out of office.

Posted on: 2019/5/14 23:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Areas change. Nothing stays the same forever. I welcome the change, I miss some things of the past but today is much better than it was 20 years ago.

Posted on: 2019/5/14 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The areas around the light rail stations in Greenville are being built and redeveloped any where there is only a bus line not much is happening this quickly. I know what I signed up for.

Posted on: 2019/5/14 16:05

Gentrification coming way too fast in Jersey City neighborhood | Opinion

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/25 15:56
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Chris Gadsden the former Jersey City Ward B Councilman took the time to give his take on the status of gentrification on the Westside on JC, where I also happen to be a resident.

By Chris Gadsden

Dear 400 Claremont LLC,

I grew up at 357 West Side Ave, on the same side of the street as Diamond Auto Body. I live down the street from Diary Queen and around the corner from Carmine.

I have concerns about the gentrification of the area. I believe your project expedites the process of removing the original inhabitants of the community with our new neighbors. Not saying I have anything against our new neighbors, I am just advocating for a more inclusive community where everyone will benefit from the development that is happening in our community.

According to Jersey Diggs, your project will have retail and restaurant space along with a fitness center, coffee bar, golf simulator, rooftop community garden, and private bowling alley. Your project calls for 631 units to be included along with 12,044 square feet of retail space and 279 parking spaces, according to the notice. The Real Deal also reported last month that the $120 million project is being referred to as ?The Element,? it is expected to benefit from opportunity zone funding, and there are also plans for a ?saltwalter pool? at the development.

I have a problem with the exclusiveness of the project. Your private bowling lanes, day care center, and market rate rent tell the surrounding neighborhood that they can?t afford to live around you and that they are not wanted.

You probably have your general contractors all ready to go, they know who they are going to hire to get the project complete, so there is probably no need to ask about how many local people will help develop the project because you don?t need them.

I think you are a selfish developer because you build projects without the need of the community being considered. Who are you selling this project to? How does this community benefit from this development? What is the community give back? Being that you don?t have affordable housing in the project, what are you doing to address this need in Jersey City? I already know the answer, you don?t have to. As a community leader, I am asking you to care.

I am asking that our leaders: planning, City Council, MUA, and Traffic and Engineering work on doing a thorough parking and sewer study of the Bayfront, NJCU West Campus, Culver/440, Droyers Point, Waters Street redevelopment zone because with increased density comes additional infrastructure concerns that cannot be addressed on a project by project basis. The NJ Transit Light Rail is scheduled to be closed for a year. How does your study correlate or (weigh) effects what?s being done at the light rail stations.

Based off the requirements in the redevelopment plan, you?ve met your parking requirement. But moving forward, Fields Construction is planning on building another 400 plus units down the street towards 440. Close to 1,000 new vehicles will need more than an extended stretch of Yale Avenue to accommodate the parking needs of the community. I say you build parking that will take at least 75% of the parking in your projects. Then as people habits change, public transportation improves, and the area becomes more bike friendly, then you can phase out the parking, maybe sell parking to the public to make a profit.

Overall I think you are another developer who will put profit over the original people. You have to sell a product to a group of people who are not here yet. ?Close accessibility to transportation to New York, in an up and coming area of Jersey City.? ?Why pay those huge rent in Manhattan, when you can move to a community and watch the original people in it leave, so that you can make it yours.?

Posted on: 2019/5/14 15:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017