Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Murphy pulls Mississippi flag from LSP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
How sensitive Murphy is! So sensitive that, after prayer, it is now legal in NJ to off one's eldelry parent.

Uhhh no. Euthanasia is still illegal in NJ.

The bill Murphy signed is pretty specific. You need 2 doctors to sign off that the patient has a terminal illness with a prognosis of 6 months or less left of life; the patient also must be of sound mind and self-administer the drug. Sounds pretty compassionate to me.

Quote:
And funding "Planned Parenthood" [sic] was his first bill.

Some of us view funding a major women's health provider as a good thing.

Quote:
And he has spent what seems like most of his energy trying to overcome resistance by the Black Caucus to pot legalization.

Yes, as the majority of NJers want legalized marijuana, and those legislators have valid concerns.

None of this, obviously, has anything to do with removing a state flag that includes a symbol of the Confederacy from a state park.

Your facts and logic have no place here, Dolomiti. Away with you!

Posted on: 2019/4/30 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
New Jersey Governor Murphy should worry about his own state?s flag, not Mississippi?s | Mulshine

Today 6:35 AM (4/30/2019)
By Paul Mulshine | Star-Ledger Columnist

Can somebody tell Gov. Phil Murphy that the voters elected him to run the state, not to start another civil war?

Apparently not. Last week our governor opened up hostilities between New Jersey and Mississippi over the issue of state flags.

One from each of the 50 states flies in Liberty State Park ? or did so until Murphy declared Friday that Mississippi?s flag must be removed.

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2019/04/new ... ississippis-mulshine.html

Posted on: 2019/4/30 11:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:
Glad to read it. I've seen that flag flying over LSP for years and always wondered if it bothered anyone else.

Better remove that Alabama flag too, it's got bars (although no stars) just like Mississippi. Same with Florida, we can't have that, so offensive. While we're at it, take down Hawaii, it's got the flag of Great Britain in the upper left corner, that's an insult to our independence as a nation. That Washington, DC flag, with three red stars and two red stripes, looks kind of communist, don't know if we should have that either. Oh, and the flag of Iowa, with a blue, white and red vertical stripe would make me think it's the flag of France were it not for the eagle in the middle. People might have issues with that too.

So glad our governor has his priorities straight.

This one act probably took him and his staff (the ones not raping women) months to figure out.... This one act probably took him and his staff (the ones not raping women) months figure out.... which completely took them away from their business of running the state.

So I guess there is a positive benefit to this foolishness..

Well it obviously took about 16 months to notice the flag, since he's been in office since January of last year. If he's better at deciding which flags are more offensive than others, perhaps he should seek out a position in Washington, DC with the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division.

Posted on: 2019/4/30 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:
Glad to read it. I've seen that flag flying over LSP for years and always wondered if it bothered anyone else.

Better remove that Alabama flag too, it's got bars (although no stars) just like Mississippi. Same with Florida, we can't have that, so offensive. While we're at it, take down Hawaii, it's got the flag of Great Britain in the upper left corner, that's an insult to our independence as a nation. That Washington, DC flag, with three red stars and two red stripes, looks kind of communist, don't know if we should have that either. Oh, and the flag of Iowa, with a blue, white and red vertical stripe would make me think it's the flag of France were it not for the eagle in the middle. People might have issues with that too.

This one act probably took him and his staff (the ones not raping women) months figure out.... which completely took them away from their business of running the state.

So I guess there is a positive benefit to this foolishness...

Posted on: 2019/4/30 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:

Posted on: 2019/4/29 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
What is your pejorative nickname for AOC? I know you will have a good one!

Robin.

Among my fellow real Puerto Ricans, we just call her pendeja.

Posted on: 2019/4/29 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
> Choppers totally embarrassed us

A new nickname from Monroe! Iv'e missed his updates on"whiney" "weasley", etc.

Robin.

It?d have to be ?the idiot barmaid? if I thought about it.

Posted on: 2019/4/29 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
How sensitive Murphy is! So sensitive that, after prayer, it is now legal in NJ to off one's eldelry parent.

The bill Murphy signed is pretty specific. You need 2 doctors to sign off that the patient has a terminal illness with a prognosis of 6 months or less left of life; the patient also must be of sound mind and self-administer the drug. Sounds pretty compassionate to me.

Quote:

Quote:
And he has spent what seems like most of his energy trying to overcome resistance by the Black Caucus to pot legalization.

Yes, as the majority of NJers want legalized marijuana, and those legislators have valid concerns.

None of this, obviously, has anything to do with removing a state flag that includes a symbol of the Confederacy from a state park.

Are you actually trying to say Murphy has done a competent job as Govonor?

Posted on: 2019/4/29 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2019/4/29 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
> Choppers totally embarrassed us

A new nickname from Monroe! Iv'e missed his updates on"whiney" "weasley", etc.

Robin.

Posted on: 2019/4/29 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Choppers totally embarrassed us with his congestion pricing comments, which Cuomo and the MTA denied. And I was ready to give him props for that!

Posted on: 2019/4/29 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
How sensitive Murphy is! So sensitive that, after prayer, it is now legal in NJ to off one's eldelry parent. And funding "Planned Parenthood" [sic] was his first bill. And he has spent what seems like most of his energy trying to overcome resistance by the Black Caucus to pot legalization.

Posted on: 2019/4/29 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/4/29 1:08

Murphy pulls Mississippi flag from LSP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/4/28 17:00

[Advanced Search]

Login