Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The 50 restaurants in Jersey City that matter, ranked worst to best
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Any Uptown rest ? or, is this Downtown only ?

Renato's Central ave behind ( Pizza Master's) better then most.
and half the price. Can't compare Italian with Mexican or Asian.

Posted on: 2019/4/24 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

Rank 45. Talde
8 Erie St.
Some saw the arrival of Top Chef star Dale Talde's restaurant as a sign that Jersey City had solidified itself as a foodie destination. While the city certainly has made its mark, it's not because of Talde, which leans more on its style than substance. The ornate decor is impressive, but the pan-Asian fare is disappointing and overpriced. The dumplings we had were lukewarm and blue crab fried rice tasted more like mayonnaise fried rice. Talde was one of the biggest letdowns of this list; the first few times I came here (when it first opened in 2015) it was stellar. Whatever happened, the quality has declined ? its no longer in elite company.

The writer is being too generous, this place is absolute sht - vomit in the mouth. Every dish is crap, most are so salty we have to wash it in water before they become edible.

Coming from a chinese family who loves their food, I have had many authentic asian dishes from various countries in asia / flushing / chinatown, as well as accepted the "asian fusion" fad of americanizing certain type of asian food - if done right they are decent.

But not this place, not even remotely close, can honestly say it's the worst "asian" restaurant I have ever been to, and I have been to many pretty crappy restaurants.

The food is just no edible, it constantly amazes me as I walk by that place every day how it manages to stay open. Maybe people are just going there to talk and drink? Because the food is disgusting, never mind the price.

Agreed. I went once when it first opened, when people said it was still OK. The food was overly salty and sweet, and the unfinished concrete on the underside of the communal table ruined my wife's pants.

Posted on: 2019/4/21 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
Was Abbondanza on the list at all or did I miss it?

Yes, you missed it, it is right behind McDonalds and Burger King.

Posted on: 2019/4/20 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Was Abbondanza on the list at all or did I miss it?

Posted on: 2019/4/20 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rank 45. Talde
8 Erie St.
Some saw the arrival of Top Chef star Dale Talde's restaurant as a sign that Jersey City had solidified itself as a foodie destination. While the city certainly has made its mark, it's not because of Talde, which leans more on its style than substance. The ornate decor is impressive, but the pan-Asian fare is disappointing and overpriced. The dumplings we had were lukewarm and blue crab fried rice tasted more like mayonnaise fried rice. Talde was one of the biggest letdowns of this list; the first few times I came here (when it first opened in 2015) it was stellar. Whatever happened, the quality has declined ? its no longer in elite company.

The writer is being too generous, this place is absolute sht - vomit in the mouth. Every dish is crap, most are so salty we have to wash it in water before they become edible.

Coming from a chinese family who loves their food, I have had many authentic asian dishes from various countries in asia / flushing / chinatown, as well as accepted the "asian fusion" fad of americanizing certain type of asian food - if done right they are decent.

But not this place, not even remotely close, can honestly say it's the worst "asian" restaurant I have ever been to, and I have been to many pretty crappy restaurants.

The food is just no edible, it constantly amazes me as I walk by that place every day how it manages to stay open. Maybe people are just going there to talk and drink? Because the food is disgusting, never mind the price.

Posted on: 2019/4/20 19:16

The 50 restaurants in Jersey City that matter, ranked worst to best
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

The 50 restaurants in Jersey City that matter, ranked worst to best

Posted on: 2019/4/19 5:24

[Advanced Search]