Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: First female head of PATH system says she will improve rider experience

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/26 15:55
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Planning to head to NYC this WE and thinking Citibike+ferry. Is the ferry at Paulus Hook still working or has it been replaced by the new ferry just north of the exchange place Path station? I can't stand the idea of crowds for the latter, it looks insane.

WTC is open on major holiday weekends like this upcoming weekend (Easter) and the substitute free ferry service from Harborside will not run.

I think the regular ferry service at Paulus Hook and Harborside should still be running at the usual weekend prices though.

Posted on: 2019/4/19 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
instead of whining here, use the LinkedIn link and send her a message directly. If enough people do it on similar topic like weekend service, things might actually get done.

With all due respect, another useless idea. I like my idea the best and it's the most probably to happen. What the public can do is show up at public meetings and support high-density intensification near the PATH stations like the Journal Squared towers. Adding thousands of new residents with high disposable incomes brings about a better passenger experience like Magnolia Plaza.

Eventually enough rich people will ride PATH into Manhattan and will complain about things like weekend service via Hoboken and general overcrowding. The Port Authority would be wise to take notice and make the positive changes or the politicians will take notice of unhappy constituents and order the Port Authority to act.

Yeah ok.. makes perfect sense that a bunch of overworked people will show up in a town hall meeting to complain about path than just send an online message directly to the path head.

Do you also believe in unicorns and Santa Claus.

You're delusional. Showing up at a town hall to complain about PATH? That's an even worse idea than sending a LinkedIn message to PATH expecting change.

You know what does influence change in this state though??? Developers, money, and politicians looking for votes.

Posted on: 2019/4/18 11:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
instead of whining here, use the LinkedIn link and send her a message directly. If enough people do it on similar topic like weekend service, things might actually get done.

With all due respect, another useless idea. I like my idea the best and it's the most probably to happen. What the public can do is show up at public meetings and support high-density intensification near the PATH stations like the Journal Squared towers. Adding thousands of new residents with high disposable incomes brings about a better passenger experience like Magnolia Plaza.

Eventually enough rich people will ride PATH into Manhattan and will complain about things like weekend service via Hoboken and general overcrowding. The Port Authority would be wise to take notice and make the positive changes or the politicians will take notice of unhappy constituents and order the Port Authority to act.

Yeah ok.. makes perfect sense that a bunch of overworked people will show up in a town hall meeting to complain about path than just send an online message directly to the path head.

Do you also believe in unicorns and Santa Claus.

Posted on: 2019/4/17 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Planning to head to NYC this WE and thinking Citibike+ferry. Is the ferry at Paulus Hook still working or has it been replaced by the new ferry just north of the exchange place Path station? I can't stand the idea of crowds for the latter, it looks insane.

Posted on: 2019/4/16 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:

Posted on: 2019/4/16 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users

I gave up on path long ago. My weekend commute to city is PH ferry then walk or Uber.

Posted on: 2019/4/16 14:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
she is doing a terrible job so far

Posted on: 2019/4/16 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
We need start building more tunnels and maybe even a few more stops as soon as possible if we want to see any significant improvement... And that would take 10 years if we started tomorrow and had adequate funding... congestion pricing will just make matters worse.

Posted on: 2019/4/10 2:25
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

newbie100 wrote:
I understand the reason for cynicism here and myself do not expect much change. However we should use the change in management to send our feedback directly to the new head.

Does anyone know email/phone numbers which will reach the new head (Clarelle DeGraffe) directly or at least through fewer layers of bureaucracy?

I was able to find her on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/clarelle-degraffe-9b155044/

Lol, noob

Posted on: 2019/4/9 21:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/10 2:07
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
I understand the reason for cynicism here and myself do not expect much change. However we should use the change in management to send our feedback directly to the new head.

Does anyone know email/phone numbers which will reach the new head (Clarelle DeGraffe) directly or at least through fewer layers of bureaucracy?

I was able to find her on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/clarelle-degraffe-9b155044/

Posted on: 2019/4/9 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
START BY ENDING THAT THE TRAIN NEEDS TO STOP IN HOBOKEN ON WEEKENDS. ALSO OPEN ONE TRACK TO WTC ON WEEKENDS WHILE DOING REPAIRS.

Posted on: 2019/4/9 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I long ago gave up on using the PATH on weekends, and I used to love doing so. But, the aggravation is too much (frequent delays, overcrowding, limited scheduled service) and the cost differential is minimal when you factor in PATH + Subway vs. Holland Tunnel (with EZ Pass) and using on street parking once in NYC. And, if there are two or more people in the car, you definitely end up saving money by driving into NYC versus the cost of r/t PATH and Subway fares.

Interesting point. It's like PATH administrators intentionally try hard to make weekend service as crappy as possible.

Although many will disagree, I think the solution is to put a shitload of luxury condos and apartments on the PATH line, and eventually the overcrowding and crappy service will irritate enough voting rich people that the the Govenor will finally take notice and order the Port Authority to improve service. But we're not even close yet to that point. Maybe in 30 years...

Right now PATH riders are too small of a constituency for the politicians to give a dame.

Say what you want, but in a way the PATH management honchos are brilliant: they have beaten the constituencies they are supposed to serve into accepting extremely subpar service and solutions by lowering the bar SO MUCH that people will accept anything as "well, it is better than nothing."

For 2 or 3 years we had the limited weekend service due to cleaning of the tubes to 33rd St because of the Sandy flooding. Now we have at least one year of the same nonsense for the WTC tunnels. We have weekend service that runs every week 30 minutes and usually NOT on time. Trying to catch an early morning train at Grove Street on a weekend is like spinning a carnival wheel: will it show up on time? Or, will it show up late? Heck, will it even show up?? Will the station be mobbed? Just not worth it.

Weekday trains are often filled to the brim. I often watch people get left behind at Newport because they can't get into trains that leave Grove already full. If I was living in Newport, I would either walk to Hoboken and ride from there, or ride the PATH from Newport towards JSQ and then ride back to NYC, which guarantees you a seat. Of course, that solution will cost you at least 21 minutes, but perhaps it is worth it.

And, don't be so optimistic! It will not take 30 years for the PATH to get to the point of complete saturation: there are MANY new buildings going up in the JSQ area (so trains will likely arrive at Grove already full in the near future) and there is a ton of development happening in Harrison and Newark, so even those trains will likely start to get filled early on in the next few years. I am pretty certain things will get really bad in the next 10 years, or less.

Posted on: 2019/4/8 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I long ago gave up on using the PATH on weekends, and I used to love doing so. But, the aggravation is too much (frequent delays, overcrowding, limited scheduled service) and the cost differential is minimal when you factor in PATH + Subway vs. Holland Tunnel (with EZ Pass) and using on street parking once in NYC. And, if there are two or more people in the car, you definitely end up saving money by driving into NYC versus the cost of r/t PATH and Subway fares.

Interesting point. It's like PATH administrators intentionally try hard to make weekend service as crappy as possible.

Although many will disagree, I think the solution is to put a shitload of luxury condos and apartments on the PATH line, and eventually the overcrowding and crappy service will irritate enough voting rich people that the the Govenor will finally take notice and order the Port Authority to improve service. But we're not even close yet to that point. Maybe in 30 years...

Right now PATH riders are too small of a constituency for the politicians to give a dame.

Posted on: 2019/4/8 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/4/8 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
All talk. Sounds like the same BS PATH has been putting out for years. How about running more trains during non rush hour times and weekends? 20 minute intervals between trains on the weekends while WTC is shutdown? Who's bright idea is this one? I see people being left behind in Hoboken because there is absolutely no room on the train. PATHetic.

Sadly, i agree that this is all talk. I bet she has not ridden the PATH on weekends.

Posted on: 2019/4/7 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
The weekend service via HOB is horrendous. What is the rationale for this??? Can we just have direct service? The train is already crowded at Grove.

Posted on: 2019/4/7 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
What a mess at Exchange Place / Harborside today.... easily a couple hundred plus people waiting to board ferry at noontime.

Saw this chaos from roundabout entry to Hyatt... looked over to Paulus Hook, empty. Walked over and paid full fare $12 RT but at that point they were running PH to WFC directly.

Chaos over at WFC at 6:00pm return. People had no idea what slip was what and they were moving ferries off one slip to another... Very surprised PATH people were not at the docks for crowd control on either side. Did see a PATH Cop standing on the Harborside steps looking at the crowd.

Amazed this has been running like this for a few weeks and they still have not figured it out. It's the typical PATH... just on water.

Posted on: 2019/4/6 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
she can start by getting the countdown clocks working at christopher street station and by bringing back dedicated jsq-33rd street weekend service Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
All talk. Sounds like the same BS PATH has been putting out for years. How about running more trains during non rush hour times and weekends? 20 minute intervals between trains on the weekends while WTC is shutdown? Who's bright idea is this one? I see people being left behind in Hoboken because there is absolutely no room on the train. PATHetic.

Posted on: 2019/4/2 17:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/13 5:18
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/4/2 17:01

First female head of PATH system says she will improve rider experience
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
First female head of PATH system says she will improve rider experience

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 9:29 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 27, 2019 9:29 PM EDT

JERSEY CITY -
A new head of the Port Authority?s PATH train system has been named, and for the first time that person is a woman.

Former PATH deputy director Clarelle DeGraffe was named director and general manager of the PATH system earlier this week. DeGraffe is a civil engineer by trade and has worked for the Port Authority for nearly 30 years.

She says that she has a lot planned to improve on the train system ? which connects New Jersey with New York City.

?We care. We hear you. We are as concerned as you are and we are putting our best foot forward and we are trying,? DeGraffe says.

She says that she will make passengers her top priority. She says that she is aware of the complaints from riders and reads all of the tweets and comments about overcrowding, delays and construction-related cancellations. DeGraffe says that in the end, this will all pay off.

?Delivering our capital projects, which is also going to feed into reliability,? she says.

DeGraffe says that reliability will be her top focus, along with communication. She points to the new countdown clock system and frequent alerts, which deliver information to passengers. She says that there is also a plan in place to better educate customers by giving them the knowledge to help them better navigate and plan their own commutes.

?What new information do we have that we can be transparent enough to give to our customers, making them more informed so they can create options of their own?? she says.

DeGraffe says that she will also address complaints about overcrowding on the PATH trains and says that new cars have been ordered. These new cars are expected to arrive by 2022. She says that until then PATH will work to improve ?headway,? which is the amount of time between trains.

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/402 ... -improve-rider-experience

Posted on: 2019/3/28 2:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017