Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Chaos at Jersey City mall as shot fired
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
State: Teen shot in mall seen on video pulling trigger in separate shooting

Updated 4:49 PM; Posted 4:19 PM (1/24/2019)
By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal

Hudson County prosecutors say video footage shows a 19-year-old East Orange man shooting at a vehicle in Jersey City and wounding two men just days before he was shot in the Newport Centre mall food court.

Jalil Holmes, one of two men charged in the Jan. 9 daytime shooting on Grant Avenue, will remain behind bars while his case moves through the courts, a Hudson County Superior Court judge decided Thursday. Holmes is charged with three counts of attempted murder, three counts of conspiracy to commit murder, two counts of aggravated assault and weapons offenses.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/01/stat ... igger-in-jersey-city.html

Posted on: 2019/1/25 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Are you crazy? How would gun laws prevented this? How often do you hear about legal guns being used in shootings here in JC? I'm pretty sure it's already against the law to bring a gun into the Newport Mall. As for interstate gun transport. Check with that guy from PA who was driving through NJ to NY and got stopped at the holland tunnel. I'll bet he might have something to say about how strict NJ is

You mean those guys who announced on social media they were going to "rescue" someone they thought was being kept in a drug den in Brooklyn and were driving the huge SUV with all the huge NRA and 2nd Amendment stickers?

Posted on: 2019/1/13 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Who wants to bet the over under on how many priors the shooter and victims had? But blame Trump if it makes u happy.,

Random shooting which occurs every day in the USA and somehow "Trump" comes into the conversation. Well done.

I'll take it by your response that you believe each has many priors and should not be out on the street.

No, nothing having to do with your thoughts or my opinions on the criminal justice system. Just the fact that anyone in this country could actually believe a President, let alone the current one, could effectively change anything to do with their current life/local neighborhood.

The point is while the liberal Democrats rant and rave about Trump, the Wall, (fill-in the blank with why you hate Trump), etc., the REAL problems like this are not being solved by the Democrats - but hey, let's all brag how we have the strictest gun laws in the US - tell me how that's working.

Jersey might have strict guns laws, but this country as a whole has the weakest gun laws of any first world country. I'll let you in on a little secret... we don't have import export regulations between states. Guns cross state lines like water going down a stream from one property to another. No local regulations will ever end gun violence in this country.

Until this country gets Federally mandated gun control, in place for years, we won't see a reduction in gun violence. My guess, unfortunately, that will never happen due to the obstinance of conservatives.

Are you crazy? How would gun laws prevented this? How often do you hear about legal guns being used in shootings here in JC? I'm pretty sure it's already against the law to bring a gun into the Newport Mall. As for interstate gun transport. Check with that guy from PA who was driving through NJ to NY and got stopped at the holland tunnel. I'll bet he might have something to say about how strict NJ is

Posted on: 2019/1/12 16:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/1 1:16
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Who wants to bet the over under on how many priors the shooter and victims had? But blame Trump if it makes u happy.,

Random shooting which occurs every day in the USA and somehow "Trump" comes into the conversation. Well done.

I'll take it by your response that you believe each has many priors and should not be out on the street.

No, nothing having to do with your thoughts or my opinions on the criminal justice system. Just the fact that anyone in this country could actually believe a President, let alone the current one, could effectively change anything to do with their current life/local neighborhood.

The point is while the liberal Democrats rant and rave about Trump, the Wall, (fill-in the blank with why you hate Trump), etc., the REAL problems like this are not being solved by the Democrats - but hey, let's all brag how we have the strictest gun laws in the US - tell me how that's working.

Jersey might have strict guns laws, but this country as a whole has the weakest gun laws of any first world country. I'll let you in on a little secret... we don't have import export regulations between states. Guns cross state lines like water going down a stream from one property to another. No local regulations will ever end gun violence in this country.

Until this country gets Federally mandated gun control, in place for years, we won't see a reduction in gun violence. My guess, unfortunately, that will never happen due to the obstinance of conservatives.

What makes you think Federally mandated gun control will solve the problem - criminals are criminals - they don't care if they break a state law or Federal law. How about values, a father that is present when raising children, etc.? You'd be surprised how much that would control illegal gun use.

Democrats and liberals ignore the REAL issues in their party/this country - they're afraid to face and tell the truth.

Values and fathers being present with their children. Bold statement to make that is full of complexity which I'm sure you hardly understand. If you'd like to get a first person account of broken families, poverty and crime, start reading about how other people live before casting your magic "i know how to solve it" wand.

Good place to start is a Best Selling book written by JD Vance, Hillbilly Elegy.

Posted on: 2019/1/12 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

What makes you think Federally mandated gun control will solve the problem - criminals are criminals - they don't care if they break a state law or Federal law. How about values, a father that is present when raising children, etc.? You'd be surprised how much that would control illegal gun use.

Democrats and liberals ignore the REAL issues in their party/this country - they're afraid to face and tell the truth.

Posted on: 2019/1/12 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2019/1/12 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
1) Friday evening and Sat is when all the gangbangers from the ghettos come to Newport mall via the free light rail. It?s not the first and certainly won?t be the last. That?s why I avoid the mall during those times.

2) Fulop and jcpd needs to stop padding themselves on the back every 2 minutes on what a wonderful job they did, it?s annoying. If they really did a good job those gangbangers won?t be in Newport or at least the situation won?t escalate to this level with strong police presence.

Glad no one innocent got hurt.

Posted on: 2019/1/12 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2019/1/12 3:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2019/1/12 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Videos from inside Jersey City mall capture chaos in wake of bloody gunfire
Updated 9:06 PM; Posted 9:03 PM

By Chris Sheldon | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Videos from inside the Newport Centre captured the chaotic scene as gunshots rang out Friday night in the crowded Jersey City mall.

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/01/videos ... ke-of-bloody-gunfire.html

Posted on: 2019/1/12 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2019/1/12 2:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2019/1/12 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
In Newport Fulop jumps front and center over a shooting. People get killed and it?ll take a day for a comment by one of his mouthpieces south and west of downtown.

Posted on: 2019/1/12 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2019/1/12 1:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
What a shame....sucks

Posted on: 2019/1/12 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Two in ?critical? condition after Jersey City mall shooting: officials

Updated 8:23 PM; Posted 7:29 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal

?The two victims, one wounded in the stomach and the other in his arm, are being treated at Jersey City Medical Center, Fulop said. One of them, Jaleel Holmes, is suspected of involvement in Wednesday?s lunchtime shooting on Grant Avenue that left two hurt and nearby schools locked down, he said. The city had been seeking Holmes on an attempted murder charge, he added.?

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/01/shoo ... -mall-in-jersey-city.html

Posted on: 2019/1/12 1:30

Chaos at Jersey City mall as shot fired
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Chaos at Jersey City mall as shot fired

Shots were fired at the Newport Centre mall in Jersey City on Friday, causing shoppers to flee and leading authorities to impose a lockdown, police sources said.

Gunfire erupted at the mall shortly after 6 p.m. Police recovered shell casings in the food court near the Hawaiian Grill, sources said.

There were reports of two victims. One person was shot in the arm, and was found in the mall. Another possible victim walked into a local hospital with a gunshot to the stomach, according to media reports.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime ... chaos-20190111-story.html

Posted on: 2019/1/12 0:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017