Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Recommendations - Cat Boarding?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Secaucus Animal Hospital will do boarding. I've never used their boarding service beyond when my cats' needed surgery or a couple overnight stays for heath reasons, but their staff is very good. They will be kept in a common area, in their own enclosure, but with other animals (both cats and dogs, sick and healthy) so take your cat's personality and special needs into account.

I've also heard of "The Cat Man" mentioned several times on this board before, to high regard:

https://thecatsmeowservices.weebly.com/

Posted on: 2018/7/23 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Any updates on this since the last post was 2014? I just contacted Club Barks per the prior recommendation, but just want to make sure I'm aware of my options. I checked Unleashed and their prices were quite high.

My cats never did well with boarding. I stopped that years ago. jc-dweller maybe one of the local dog walkers can do a in house visit for cleaning the litter box, feeding etc. Possibly Maryanne P. from Facebook dogjc or Jessie from critter sitter can offer some recommendations or help.

Normally I do exactly what you suggest. However, he's dealing with some health matters right now and needs to be given meds and monitored a bit more than a cat sitter could do. :(

Posted on: 2018/7/23 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Any updates on this since the last post was 2014? I just contacted Club Barks per the prior recommendation, but just want to make sure I'm aware of my options. I checked Unleashed and their prices were quite high.

My cats never did well with boarding. I stopped that years ago. jc-dweller maybe one of the local dog walkers can do a in house visit for cleaning the litter box, feeding etc. Possibly Maryanne P. from Facebook dogjc or Jessie from critter sitter can offer some recommendations or help.

Posted on: 2018/7/23 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/7/22 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

istabraq wrote:
I have a great cat sitter who comes to my home, but I have to travel while some construction is happening at my house, and I'd like to board my cat so the contractor doesn't have to worry about him.
Does anyone have recommendations for cat BOARDING (not in-home care)?
The only places I can find that seem to board cats in the area are PetSmart in Secaucus and Unleashed, and I hear mixed feedback on both.

Club Barks, in Gulls Cove, has boarding of both cats and dogs. The cattery is sound proof, to spare them from the noise coming from the dog areas. Rates are VERY reasonable. Give them a call. And, since the operation is associated with the vets office, you have the peace of mind of knowing they have doctors on hand and/or call. My cat has been to the vet there and she got some really good care and they treated her very nicely.

Here is a link to the boarding services: Club Barks Boarding

Posted on: 2014/9/22 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
I believe Jersey City Animal Hospital on West Side bards (and they are excellent vets). You may also want to call K-9dergarten.

Posted on: 2014/9/22 15:43

Recommendations - Cat Boarding?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I have a great cat sitter who comes to my home, but I have to travel while some construction is happening at my house, and I'd like to board my cat so the contractor doesn't have to worry about him.
Does anyone have recommendations for cat BOARDING (not in-home care)?
The only places I can find that seem to board cats in the area are PetSmart in Secaucus and Unleashed, and I hear mixed feedback on both.

Posted on: 2014/9/22 15:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017