Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Re: 400 Unit Development in Hamilton Park

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/26 15:03
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Free parking!

Posted on: 2018/6/12 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
What's the parking situation.. They charge residents, free for residents, etc. Lived here 14 years and it was pretty easy until the hospital converted and 10th street got built up.. It will look like "SoHo" Jersey City (between 14 and 18 Street)..

Posted on: 2018/6/8 19:44

Re: 485 is here
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/11 21:03
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Hamilton Park is over burdened at this point. These projects should be required to include green space and dog runs. There is way too much density in Jersey City and little is being done to accommodate it.

They were required a green space and made one. They have their own dog run too.

Posted on: 2018/6/8 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

485 Marin brings rentals from $2,300/month to Jersey City’s Hamilton Park

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/6/5/1742971 ... apartments-for-rent"}"> 2 comments

The project shares a developer and architect with Jersey City’s massive Journal Squared

By

The team behind Jersey City’s massive Journal Squared project launched their next rental west of the Hudson River today. The development, called 485 Marin, brings 397 rentals to Jersey City’s Hamilton Park, a neighborhood known more for its tree-lined streets and Victorian architecture than swanky rental buildings.

Architect Hollwich Kushner (HWKN) designed an 18-story brick-clad building for the site at the corner of Marin Boulevard and 8th Street and opposite the Newport Centre shopping mall. The building’s distinctive feature, its inward-facing stepped design, is intended to “create a visual corridor for the existing residents of the area,” according to a press release by developer KRE Group.

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/6/5/1742971 ... -city-apartments-for-rent

Posted on: 2018/6/8 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
Hamilton Park is over burdened at this point. These projects should be required to include green space and dog runs. There is way too much density in Jersey City and little is being done to accommodate it. Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

[quote]

Fully agreed on the building being horrific in terms of look and styling. Location is pretty crappy, but it does have close proximity to Hamilton Park, and there are a handful of good restaurants in that area, plus the HP's farmer market options. They are also perfectly positioned with regards to the future development of the MetroVest Plaza area, where ~15 towers will go up, along with small parks, and many amenities.

The location next to a fire station will likely get annoying for residents, though.

Posted on: 2018/6/8 15:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/3 14:35
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dcourts1984 wrote:

Just wish it wasnt A.) build by a Kushner and B.) wasnt so ugly.

It's the other Kushner though (same as Journal Squared). Wouldn't be fair to hold the rest of his family's behavior against him/the company.

But it is ugly.

Posted on: 2018/6/8 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
How many roommates the "room" ? Kinda like a pseudo dorm or shore house.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 22:01
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/1 1:16
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Building is very ugly looking...it will be first of several projects on that stretch of Marin to be redeveloped. Firehouse will be gone in a few years, there are talks of extending 7th street out to Marin which has its own issues. Only thing staying is the Robert Clemente baseball field.

As for the price of a studio...who knows. There will be lots of inventory coming online in the next few months, that building is alone on its own in the area. One pro is that its a quick walk through the mall to Newport Path.

Just wish it wasnt A.) build by a Kushner and B.) wasnt so ugly.

the .com this is bizarre as well.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Good lord that price for a studio is bonkers. But hey, more power to them if they can get it.

Every time a new building starts leasing, someone will come in here and make (more or less) the same statement. And yet, here we are: buildings continue to get built, and filled up.

Agreed and understood. Like I said, more power to them if they can get it. I have to assume they know the market better than I do as to what renters are willing to put out. Said renters aren't me, cause I found a steal!

And also agree with the others that the building is hideous. And what's with putting .com on your building name? Last I checked the building isn't a website, it's an actual physical place. Facing Marin is awful, but backing up to more or less to HP will probably be their selling point.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Agreed, super ugly building, and sort of a goofy spot to be in. Granted, it's a closer walk to the Newport PATH stop, but Marin Blvd, has nothing around it. I suppose people may walk to the, Mall (which really isn't the city experience) Grove St. are or HP area for restaurants, coffee, etc.

But hey, I'm not a developer.

Quote:

tern wrote:
This building is ugly beyond belief.

Even in comparison to other cheap towers going up around town by Lefrak and the like, this building looks horrible even against that low bar.

Really the architect should be ashamed.

Edit: Architect is Hollwich Kushner (HWKN)

Robin.

Fully agreed on the building being horrific in terms of look and styling. Location is pretty crappy, but it does have close proximity to Hamilton Park, and there are a handful of good restaurants in that area, plus the HP's farmer market options. They are also perfectly positioned with regards to the future development of the MetroVest Plaza area, where ~15 towers will go up, along with small parks, and many amenities.

The location next to a fire station will likely get annoying for residents, though.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed, super ugly building, and sort of a goofy spot to be in. Granted, it's a closer walk to the Newport PATH stop, but Marin Blvd, has nothing around it. I suppose people may walk to the, Mall (which really isn't the city experience) Grove St. are or HP area for restaurants, coffee, etc.

But hey, I'm not a developer.

Quote:

tern wrote:

Even in comparison to other cheap towers going up around town by Lefrak and the like, this building looks horrible even against that low bar.

Robin.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Good lord that price for a studio is bonkers. But hey, more power to them if they can get it.

Every time a new building starts leasing, someone will come in here and make (more or less) the same statement. And yet, here we are: buildings continue to get built, and filled up.

$2,300 / studio may sound bonkers to some, but lots of people are already paying that, or very similar, in other buildings. I have yet to see he market slowing down, and rents continue to rise. There are at least two very large new buildings going up in my vicinity, and I expect those rents to continue the same trend.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 11:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck indeed. It may turn out $2300 for a studio with 2 months free rent or something like that. LeFric building on 10th is getting finished, there are more for rent signs and the rental market in NYC has peaked.

Posted on: 2018/6/6 0:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/6/5 19:14

485 is here
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
485 Marin brings rentals from $2,300/month to Jersey City?s Hamilton Park

The apartments will start at $2,300 for a studio and range to three-bedrooms asking upwards of $5,750. Christopher Stevens designed the building?s interiors, which include kitchens with white quartz countertops, high-gloss gray cabinets, Grohe fixtures, and Whirpool appliances as well as bathrooms with quartz countertops and brushed nickel fixtures by Kohler. Every apartment comes with Whirlpool washer/dryer sets and many of the apartments have terraces.

Posted on: 2018/6/5 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Can't say the the images fill me with joy, but the design does seem to echo the stepped ziggurat motif you find in The Beacon and in other buildings in the city.

Stepped ziggurat? Looks more a 5-year old kid smashed his lego.

Yeah... stc4blues was exceedingly kind with that description. The art deco facade of The Beacon is magnitudes nicer than this project.

Posted on: 2018/3/22 12:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Can't say the the images fill me with joy, but the design does seem to echo the stepped ziggurat motif you find in The Beacon and in other buildings in the city.

Stepped ziggurat? Looks more a 5-year old kid smashed his lego.

Posted on: 2018/3/22 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Can't say the the images fill me with joy, but the design does seem to echo the stepped ziggurat motif you find in The Beacon and in other buildings in the city. IMGP1883rd [!SCRIPT FILTERED!]

Posted on: 2018/3/21 18:03

Re: 485 Marin
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
There is, seemingly, no ceiling to DTJC rental rates... I thought 5K for a 3bd was the absolute top, but recent buildings coming to market with those type of units (3bd) are asking well over that, with some even at 6K. Even with a promotional free month when signing your lease, you are looking at 5.5K.

As for whether or not these high rises are filling up, almost every new building coming onto the market fills up within a few months. I am no longer surprised by what the local market bears.

Rents have been falling in Manhattan this will probably happen in JC as well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/article ... ents-fall-most-since-2011

Posted on: 2018/3/21 17:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/1 1:16
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
KRE....just another Kushner family property. Great.

Posted on: 2018/3/21 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
How is the filing of the high rises in NoHo - aka The Taint aka Soho West? There are a lot of rentals coming on the market, would be surprised they all fill up at these prices without investors discovering they have to give discount - and can't get decent ROI.

There is, seemingly, no ceiling to DTJC rental rates... I thought 5K for a 3bd was the absolute top, but recent buildings coming to market with those type of units (3bd) are asking well over that, with some even at 6K. Even with a promotional free month when signing your lease, you are looking at 5.5K.

As for whether or not these high rises are filling up, almost every new building coming onto the market fills up within a few months. I am no longer surprised by what the local market bears.

Posted on: 2018/3/21 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
How is the filing of the high rises in NoHo - aka The Taint aka Soho West? There are a lot of rentals coming on the market, would be surprised they all fill up at these prices without investors discovering they have to give discount - and can't get decent ROI.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
my point is that imo plenty of the bland towers going up in jersey city are ugly too. at least, this ugly building breaks the mold a bit. and as i said, it is MY OPINION. some may find the towers as well as 485 marin exciting and uplifting.Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
it ain't pretty but at least its not another boxed tower totally lacking in an type of imagination, imo

Quote:

tern wrote:
Astonishingly ugly! I appreciate that can be said about most of these modern towers, but your average Lefrak tower, though bad, looks nicer than this carbuncle.

Soviet style brutalist architecture, out of scale and with no redeeming qualities.

On the rear side, which you can't see in the photos, is a huge windowless wall with channels of cinder-block covered with some green siding material. I can only pray that they intend to construct some other structure to cover that part, as the way it looks now is dire.

Robin.

Talk about cutting the nose to spite the face. Favoring an ugly building over a traditional (or, boring) one seems like an odd stand.

I am with the others. I have watched this building go up and it always struck me as oddly out of place: too large for its location, aesthetically it clashes with its surrounding, and the design itself is not at all visually pleasant. Complete and total FAIL.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
it ain't pretty but at least its not another boxed tower totally lacking in an type of imagination, imo

Quote:

tern wrote:
Astonishingly ugly! I appreciate that can be said about most of these modern towers, but your average Lefrak tower, though bad, looks nicer than this carbuncle.

Soviet style brutalist architecture, out of scale and with no redeeming qualities.

On the rear side, which you can't see in the photos, is a huge windowless wall with channels of cinder-block covered with some green siding material. I can only pray that they intend to construct some other structure to cover that part, as the way it looks now is dire.

Robin.

Talk about cutting the nose to spite the face. Favoring an ugly building over a traditional (or, boring) one seems like an odd stand.

I am with the others. I have watched this building go up and it always struck me as oddly out of place: too large for its location, aesthetically it clashes with its surrounding, and the design itself is not at all visually pleasant. Complete and total FAIL.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
it ain't pretty but at least its not another boxed tower totally lacking in an type of imagination, imoQuote:

tern wrote:

Robin.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Is this the place they are building now next to the fire house on Marin? I thought that was gonna be a hotel.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 18:34

Edited by tern on 2018/3/20 18:51:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
https://ny.curbed.com/2018/3/19/171393 ... ent-485-marin-launch-date

I wish this was never built. It's ugly. Will every tenant get free parking? If not, our Hamilton Park streets are doomed.

According to the article, there will be parking available on premises, so that makes residents ineligible for street parking permits. If people start parking on the streets around Hamilton Park, just ask the PA to make it a point to come around to ticket vehicles. We had that issue around the PAD area and it got fixed real quick after a few weeks of parking enforcement. They come around every day (twice in the morning, and at least once or twice in the afternoon) and there is hardly any violators nowadays, as nobody wants to come back to a vehicle ticketed for zone parking violations.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DouglasReynholm wrote:
https://ny.curbed.com/2018/3/19/171393 ... ent-485-marin-launch-date

I wish this was never built. It's ugly. Will every tenant get free parking? If not, our Hamilton Park streets are doomed.

This picture made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Posted on: 2018/3/20 18:01

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017