Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NJ Now Taxing Residents Without Health Care
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So low and income people who choose not to enroll get screwed, while illegal aliens will continue to use ER's as primary care facilities-running up costs for our low and middle class payers. Effing stupid idiot.

What is it with the outbreak in the use of the word "our" for things the speaker doesn't own? ("our seniors", "our low and middle class payers" [sic]) The people using it have made it very clear they are not inclusive and give not two shits for more than half the country. Why pretend to be otherwise through your word selection? I realize it comes with the FOX/SHS talking points, but it sounds self-important and - more to the point - creepy af.

I think "our" was a somewhat unclear point of differentiation between US citizens and illegal aliens. Progressives suffer a similar reflex response using "The Children" to emotionally backstop all their silly proposals... I am sure it was used at some point by multiple Trenton hacks supporting this bill. CNN/MSNBC would be proud.

Posted on: 2018/6/1 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
All the more creepy because such people often present themselves as lovers of individual liberty and rail against "collectivism."

Posted on: 2018/6/1 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So low and income people who choose not to enroll get screwed, while illegal aliens will continue to use ER's as primary care facilities-running up costs for our low and middle class payers. Effing stupid idiot.

What is it with the outbreak in the use of the word "our" for things the speaker doesn't own? ("our seniors", "our low and middle class payers" [sic]) The people using it have made it very clear they are not inclusive and give not two shits for more than half the country. Why pretend to be otherwise through your word selection? I realize it comes with the FOX/SHS talking points, but it sounds self-important and - more to the point - creepy af.

Posted on: 2018/6/1 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/6/1 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
good. but i would be in favor of something stipulating that if one willingly choses not to forego health insurance that one has to wait 5 years to get it and that such persons can not avail themselves to the emergency room.

i know this might sound harsh and i do think medicaid should be expanded, but there are many people who are opposed to insurance mandates on philosophical grounds and refuse to buy health insurance. hopefully, my plan would address their concerns

Posted on: 2018/6/1 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
Quote:
NJ Now Taxing Residents Without Health Care

Let me fix that....NJ Now Taxing Residents Without Health Care Insurance

Yup - sorry, you're right!

Posted on: 2018/6/1 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Let me fix that....NJ Now Taxing Residents Without Health Care Insurance

Posted on: 2018/6/1 15:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
The Republican tax cuts signed by President Trump repealed the Obamacare individual mandate tax nationwide, but New Jersey residents will be stuck paying it due to the state?s Democrat legislature and governor. Governor Phil Murphy on Wednesday signed the new tax into law that will impose the tax on residents who choose not to purchase ?qualifying? health insurance as defined by Obama-era regulations.

More

Do you believe people who choose not to purchase health insurance will not use the public healthcare system if they get hurt or sick?

Posted on: 2018/6/1 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
The Republican tax cuts signed by President Trump repealed the Obamacare individual mandate tax nationwide, but New Jersey residents will be stuck paying it due to the state?s Democrat legislature and governor. Governor Phil Murphy on Wednesday signed the new tax into law that will impose the tax on residents who choose not to purchase ?qualifying? health insurance as defined by Obama-era regulations.

More

Posted on: 2018/6/1 2:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017