Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 45

bodhipooh, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Wonder Bagels location opening
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

PS - didn't see any cats

Thanks good to know, only trash wants to pet a dirty cat while they are eating their bagels. Pure trash.

Posted on: 6/13 21:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
6/13/2018: The new Wonder Bagel at the JC/Bayonne City Line Plaza is now open. I had to go into the DMV for a renewal which amazingly only took 10 minutes saw the Grand Opening sign so I stopped in for a dozen. Nice place. I find it interesting that the bagels taste and size are different in the many Wonder Bagel locations.

PS - didn't see any cats

Posted on: 6/13 14:54
Print Top

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Ah! I always wondered who the dickhead was that got Cookie the cat evicted. Hope he got a giant rat turd in his bagel.

Posted on: 5/30 14:30
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I agree the one dtjc is a hot mess, the damn ceiling is falling down and crap is falling down, possibly in the food prep area. The rumor is that this location may be history. I do like this one because it's the original but it's not very clean looking. It's the only location where there are disgusting dogs and a cat in the damn shop. That's pretty disgusting.

I'd rather have a cat in a bakery than mice. and yes, every food establishment has mice.

but thanks to some crybaby like you, Cookie the Wonder Cat got evicted.

Posted on: 5/28 15:31
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Just noticed a new Wonder Bagel sign on a store front at the City Line Shopping Plaza (JC/Bayonne border) looks like work is being done inside. Smart move it will get all of the Bayonne DMV customers.

PS – believe it or not there used to be a pretty good sized movie theater in one of the stores along the Plaza.

Posted on: 5/28 12:40
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From York & Grove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I agree the one dtjc is a hot mess, the damn ceiling is falling down and crap is falling down, possibly in the food prep area. The rumor is that this location may be history. I do like this one because it's the original but it's not very clean looking. It's the only location where there are disgusting dogs and a cat in the damn shop. That's pretty disgusting.

I don't think the one on Jersey is the original. The locations on Sip and on Tonnelle in North Bergen (no longer there), where both there long before the Jersey & Columbus bagel shop became a wonder bagels.

Posted on: 2015/1/4 21:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I stopped by the new location at 729 Bergen Avenue on Sunday. Like ConstantReader said the space is great. Just too bad they couldn’t have taken over the whole bank before it was halved. (to me it looks like it was cut in half with WB on one side??? ) I used to do my banking there beautiful interior back then.

Space is airy and light with a lot of tables. Staff is great very helpful and friendly ( tip them well) The guy that worked the original Wonder Bagels on Danforth and rt 440 is at this one. He told me to look through the kitchen doors to see the old bank vault. Pretty cool.

Oh yeah as for parking which as you know is tough around there (if you ever tried to run into Lee Simms) …WB has it's own huge parking lot for many cars across the street.

http://wonderbagels.com/

JC history: down toward McGinley Square was THE place to get your Converse and Puma sneakers back in the day. It was a store called All Star Sports. Later on a competitor opened up a sports store on JSquare (near the current Good Will space) called Greens Sporting Goods. Funny to look back at the selection of items each store had. Like one type of sweats… in blue or gray. (think Rocky) One type of gym shorts …booty busters. (think old NBA game videos..ouch ) One type of sneakers….Converse (until Puma came along that is). Other places I recall in the area My Florist, Alp’s Restaurant, and Pix movie theater.

Posted on: 2015/1/4 13:25

Edited by neverleft on 2015/1/4 13:47:05
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Kudos to the new Wonder Bagels at Bergen and Fairmount for a nice renovation of the old bank space: High ceilings and architectural detail preserved and painted cheerful colors. It's great to have a pleasant space in McGinley Square where you can meet friends for a cup of coffee and a bite.

Posted on: 2014/12/8 12:53
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Basics on hamilton park has bagels. I like their lox, very fresh.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 20:48
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed- the way they let people bring in whatever animals they have with them grosses me out. It used to be every now and then I'd see a dog in there but it's gotten to the point where there are multiple animals inside everytime I'm there and no one behind the counter wants to grow a pair and tell their entitled customers that it violates health code. I've definitely stopped going there as frequently because it makes me wonder what else they are that lax about behind the counter.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 14:40
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/5 8:28
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseycityboy wrote:
Wonder Bagels are a good stop. From time to time, I've been to all the Locations in Jersey City. But, the location Downtown, on Jersey & Christopher Columbus is not very clean, kind of grimy looking. That location is in need of a renovation.

Goes to show that impressions are so subjective. I have visited all, or most of, the Wonder Bagels locations, and by far prefer the one downtown. I think it is charmingly unpolished. All the other locations seem overly nice, and not as "focused". It's a bagel shop. You go and get a bagel, or pastry/muffin, and a coffee. The line snaking around the block seems to agree.

If you think Wonder Bagels downtown is grimy, you must think the Second Street Bakery should be condemned. And, that's a perfectly awesome spot, too. Best subway/hero sandwiches in ALL of downtown.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 7:48
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Wonder Bagels are a good stop. From time to time, I've been to all the Locations in Jersey City. But, the location Downtown, on Jersey & Christopher Columbus is not very clean, kind of grimy looking. That location is in need of a renovation.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 5:47
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was just talking to the owner about the new spot, and he thinks this location would be the only location that would stay open pass 5:00 PM due to the college students. So it will be a little spot to chill after a late afternoon class with a some cookies and a coffee. Good move.

Posted on: 2014/12/4 17:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's pretty amazing that aside from Wonder Bagels and that NY Bagel chain, there is no other bagel place downtown. If somebody opened a good quality bagel shop in either Hamilton Park or Paulus Hook, I have to think they'd do really, really well. Those folks have to walk over to Jersey/Columbus to get a bagel? Crazy.

Posted on: 2014/12/4 17:19
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The Wonder Bagels at Bergen and Fairmount is open! I stopped in there last weekend.

Posted on: 2014/12/4 17:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
We need a good bagel store. I wish them well. How's their coffee?

I tend to hit up the one on 440 and the coffee is fine. They do have fresh squeezed orange juice, which is nice.

Posted on: 2014/11/13 10:11
Dos A Cero
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
We need a good bagel store. I wish them well. How's their coffee?

Posted on: 2014/11/12 21:12
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I was about ready to give up on this Wonder Bagels location at Bergen & Fairmont, but walked by the other night and it looked like things were progressing.

Not my favorite bagel, but I'll be happy to have it in McGinley Square, if and when they manage to open...

Posted on: 2014/11/11 22:33
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
This is a good sign. I like Wonder Bagel. It's part of my regular stop on Sundays during the Fall and Spring.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 14:47
Dos A Cero
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
free bagels this morning.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 13:34
Print Top

New Wonder Bagels location opening

Hide User information
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Heard from my friend that a new Wonder Bagels location is opening in Jersey City! She saw a sign near Bergen Ave & Fairmount. Hope it's true because this is an area of JC they haven't explored yet - they'll get foot traffic from nearby schools - Hudson Catholic, Saint Peters University, Saint Dominic Academy.

Has anyone heard anything on when they'll open?

Posted on: 2014/1/18 22:09
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017