Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 58

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 31 »

Re: Whole Foods in JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
wth is taking so long to open the whole foods? what's going on? why the delay?

Posted on: 2023/1/30 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City's Incoming Whole Foods Could Sell Wine and Beer

The new Jersey City location was approved for a liquor license renewal by the City's Alcoholic Beverage Control.

Posted on: 2021/6/20 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

robotdisko wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There is a Wholefoods in Weehawken.
https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/weehawken

There's a Whole Foods in Chicago also. What's your point?

You have the IQ of an animal cracker LOL

The point being, for people living in Journal Square and the Heights that is a 10 to 15 minutes drive. Let's get real, many people shop outside JC anyway due to the parking.

Yes and I feel like that is a valid point. If I had a car I would go to that one but I don't so I hop on the Path and go to the one in Tribeca. It's just information. Generally forums like this are useful for spreading information and name calling is unnecessary.

Posted on: 2021/5/20 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/27 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

robotdisko wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

The point being, for people living in Journal Square and the Heights that is a 10 to 15 minutes drive. Let's get real, many people shop outside JC anyway due to the parking.

Posted on: 2021/5/20 19:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/24 21:12
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Interesting development with the Whole Foods labor issues related to being owned by union busting Amazon that Jersey City would let this happen. Curious what Solomon's position is on this waterfront project?

Curious what Solomon's wallet is on this waterfront project?

fixed it!

Posted on: 2021/5/20 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting development with the Whole Foods labor issues related to being owned by union busting Amazon that Jersey City would let this happen. Curious what Solomon's position is on this waterfront project?

Posted on: 2021/5/20 17:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2021/5/20 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/27 19:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2021/5/20 14:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:
Stringer wrote:

Whole Foods expansion will include 4 new stores in N.J.

all you cry babies can finally over spend on groceries and bath soaps and act like you're real earth warriors LMAO

Posted on: 2021/5/20 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Whole Foods expansion will include 4 new stores in N.J.

Posted on: 2021/5/19 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
But, but, but, what about mom and pop grocery store?!?!?!?!

Posted on: 2019/5/3 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/15 0:21
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(nj.com piece)

Details emerge about Whole Foods headed to Jersey City

Updated 4:26 PM; Today 3:22 PM (5/3/2019)
By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY ? Details emerged this week about the Whole Foods Market slated for the Jersey City waterfront, with real estate firm Mack-Cali telling investors that the upscale grocer will open a 47,000-square-foot location in one of the firm?s buildings.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/05/deta ... eaded-to-jersey-city.html

Posted on: 2019/5/3 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Jersey City Up Front has an article posted today regarding details of the planned Whole Foods space:

http://www.jerseycityupfront.com/neig ... ullboy-expands-food-menu/

*edit*

Link to the original article on Jersey Digs:

http://jerseydigs.com/whole-foods-met ... owers-jersey-city-update/

I'm surprised no one has chimed in about the FIVE LEVELS of parking integrated into the building. That's a parking lot across from another (the one at 50 Columbus, which is usually mostly empty) and across the street diagonally from another parking lot (the one at Grove Pointe) that is usually somewhat empty, as well. I thought we were trying to move away from the idea of reliance on cars and towards more pedestrian friendly concepts.

In any case, I think it also speaks volumes that neither the Planning Board, nor Traffic Department, seem to think that traffic in the area is already a chaotic mess. WTF?

Normally I would agree with you, but this is a grocery store.

Do you intend to see folks walking across those major roadways with shopping bags in tow or pushing their carts to these other lots and then returning those same carts to the store?

Um, yes? It's a dense as hell city and this location is on top of a subway station. There is no need for parking, especially with other (empty) garages on the same block.

How much parking is allotted for the Trader Joe's in Brooklyn Heights? That's a neighborhood with similar density and similar % of car ownership to DTJC.

You need to escape your bubble and realize that most people need cars, especially when going to the grocery store.

No chance in hell to get any kind of major grocer in DTJC without plenty of parking.

Please stop speaking for most people. This person has been grocery shopping for a family of three, sans car, for years now.

That...And...The building that will house Whole Foods, also includes a parking deck. I think they?ll be fine.

Posted on: 2019/5/3 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Jersey City Up Front has an article posted today regarding details of the planned Whole Foods space:

http://www.jerseycityupfront.com/neig ... ullboy-expands-food-menu/

*edit*

Link to the original article on Jersey Digs:

http://jerseydigs.com/whole-foods-met ... owers-jersey-city-update/

I'm surprised no one has chimed in about the FIVE LEVELS of parking integrated into the building. That's a parking lot across from another (the one at 50 Columbus, which is usually mostly empty) and across the street diagonally from another parking lot (the one at Grove Pointe) that is usually somewhat empty, as well. I thought we were trying to move away from the idea of reliance on cars and towards more pedestrian friendly concepts.

In any case, I think it also speaks volumes that neither the Planning Board, nor Traffic Department, seem to think that traffic in the area is already a chaotic mess. WTF?

Normally I would agree with you, but this is a grocery store.

Do you intend to see folks walking across those major roadways with shopping bags in tow or pushing their carts to these other lots and then returning those same carts to the store?

Um, yes? It's a dense as hell city and this location is on top of a subway station. There is no need for parking, especially with other (empty) garages on the same block.

How much parking is allotted for the Trader Joe's in Brooklyn Heights? That's a neighborhood with similar density and similar % of car ownership to DTJC.

You need to escape your bubble and realize that most people need cars, especially when going to the grocery store.

No chance in hell to get any kind of major grocer in DTJC without plenty of parking.

Please stop speaking for most people. This person has been grocery shopping for a family of three, sans car, for years now.

Posted on: 2019/5/3 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
How much of a net effect do we feel this will have on housing prices downtown? I know that sounds obvious, but reval shocks are settling in now, and more supply is coming online. Will this be the counterbalance? too late for buyers to get in on the dip?

Posted on: 2019/5/3 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Terrence T. McDonald
@terrencemcd
1:11 PM - 2 May 2019

Jersey City Whole Foods news from Mack-Cali's new quarterly report: 47Ksf store and 47Ksf northeast HQ in Downtown Jersey City

https://twitter.com/terrencemcd/status/1123998428713947143

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releas ... 19-results-300842312.html
oh snap, there goes my whole paycheck!

Posted on: 2019/5/3 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Oh snap, sht just got real

Posted on: 2019/5/3 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald
@terrencemcd
1:11 PM - 2 May 2019

Jersey City Whole Foods news from Mack-Cali's new quarterly report: 47Ksf store and 47Ksf northeast HQ in Downtown Jersey City

https://twitter.com/terrencemcd/status/1123998428713947143

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releas ... 19-results-300842312.html

Posted on: 2019/5/2 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting. I wonder if this puts to rest rumors I was hearing about WF looking at the 2nd Journal Squared building. Or maybe a 365 would still be a possibility there.

Posted on: 2018/5/18 16:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
I have been getting Whole Foods mailers pretty much every week for at least a month, despite never really shopping in one. Something must be happening.

Posted on: 2018/5/18 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
whole foods would be nice, but i'd prefer a trader joe's or even an aldi. sprouts or fairway would be nice too.

Posted on: 2018/5/14 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Terrence T. McDonald tmcdonald@jjournal.com
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY ? Whole Foods is eyeing a new location for a Jersey City store after dropping plans to open one near the Grove Street PATH station, sources told The Jersey Journal.

The upscale grocery chain is close to finalizing a deal to open in one of Mack-Cali's Harborside buildings, near the Hudson River waterfront, the sources said.

More

Posted on: 2018/5/11 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
I used to hope for Whole Foods, but now with 99 Ranch, it has most of the things I need except for cheese and granola.

Posted on: 2017/4/25 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
It was announced today that Albertsons might buy Whole Foods. Albertsons also owns Acme. Hopefully this is good news?

This is not quite accurate. What was revealed is that Albertsons is considering making a takeover bid for Whole Foods. Albertsons is controlled by Cerberus. Jana Partners (a competitor of Cerberus) has also telegraphed similar intentions, going as far as accumulating a 9% stake in Whole Foods. Regardless of who wins out, this is not necessarily good news: these buyout firms can be brutal and vicious in their approach to achieve profitability.

What did I say that was inaccurate? A takeover is in fact an acquisition which => buying.

Well, you can't really buy something that isn't for sale. Whole Foods is not looking to get bought. The *rumor* is that Cerberus might be exploring making a takeover bid for WF. Not quite the same as an outright buy of the company.

Posted on: 2017/4/25 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
It was announced today that Albertsons might buy Whole Foods. Albertsons also owns Acme. Hopefully this is good news?

This is not quite accurate. What was revealed is that Albertsons is considering making a takeover bid for Whole Foods. Albertsons is controlled by Cerberus. Jana Partners (a competitor of Cerberus) has also telegraphed similar intentions, going as far as accumulating a 9% stake in Whole Foods. Regardless of who wins out, this is not necessarily good news: these buyout firms can be brutal and vicious in their approach to achieve profitability.

What did I say that was inaccurate? A takeover is in fact an acquisition which => buying.

Posted on: 2017/4/25 13:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/10 2:07
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:

Agreed. Private equity tends to load up the companies with lots of debt, pay themselves a huge fee for providing advice and reduce employee salaries and benefits. The helpful, cheerful employees you see will no longer be so if a PE firm acquires them.

Posted on: 2017/4/25 4:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:

Posted on: 2017/4/24 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/4/24 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

nafco wrote:
i think JSQ or something close to a PATH station or hub makes more sense. I know they will require parking which will exist as part of the new towers parking garage, but also it needs to be a well trafficked area. I feel like the Sears and Harborside which is dead for most of the week would not benefit WF which needs a lot of constant foot traffic.

The Sears location is as trafficked as you van get: a mall, with parking on site, as well as being serviced by the light rail and the Newport PATH station is across the street.

Have you ever been to Harborside? Because your statement makes no sense... it's packed and crowded during the week from about 8 AM to 6 PM. Come out between 11:30 - 1:30 during the week and you will see that people all along the waterfront and in the Owen Grundy pier enjoying lunch or a midday break. It is also serviced by the light rail, and the Exchange Place PATH station is right next door. On weekends it is not that crowded, but that's mostly because there is hardly anything open down that way. A supermarket like WF could be transformative for the area.

yeah, that was kind of my point with Harborside. Its pretty dead on the weekends and thats when markets make a lot of sales. They likely want it to be a busy area 7 days a week which JSQ is. Maybe Sears is busy since its by the mall, but on a sheerly accessible standpoint, its a little awkward for the general public to get to. Though it may be busy enough to keep it alive.

Posted on: 2017/4/17 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
[quote]
Seagull wrote:
There has been some chatter that the Whole Foods at Metropolis Towers is a dead deal. Apparently the shareholders of the Metropolis Towers thought they were getting a bad deal out of the project and voted it down. Whole Foods also just closed nine of their stores nationwide due to a poor fiscal outlook, so they may have just decided to not go forward with the construction in this particular location and are looking elsewhere in Jersey City (hence the rumors of a Journal Square location).. [/quote

If it's a dead deal it's nice to because of the shareholder vote. Those buildings are overwhelmingly owned by the coop itself to the tune of about 80%to 20%

doesn't matter now, high levels of chromium still being detected on the site. more testing and remediation before anything happens there.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 7:15

(1) 2 3 4 ... 31 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017