Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 3 »


Re: New Amazon HQ
#76
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/14 19:28
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 159
Offline
As I follow this story I have to wonder: won't Bezos do his homework on New Jersey with its penchant for politicians and their sycophants having their hands out?
Does anyone wonder what happened to that hundred million Zuckerberg gave to Newark a few years back? It was like a bag of potato chips to the hordes waiting in line for their piece of the pie.
My prediction is that Bezos will bypass New Jersey entirely. Murphy has already grabbed from the companies who got a reduction in the corporate rate.

Posted on: 5/21 21:51
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#75
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1443
Offline
The thing not clear is if this employee head tax includes only employees in the city limits... or all the employees on the Amazon payroll. I assume the latter looking at the $47M annual revenue. Did they also include contractors?

And some foolish local people are complaining because they did not stick with the original $540 per head? Did they calculate the unemployment benefits for former employees that can't move with their jobs? Never thought it was possible to be sympathetic to Amazon and Starbucks.


Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
Wow!! Gettin' a little loopy:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/15/techn ... fic-newsletter/index.html

Posted on: 5/21 20:07
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#74
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/14 19:28
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 159
Offline

Posted on: 5/21 15:30
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#73
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/14 19:28
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 159
Offline
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

What does affordable housing have to do with this? Most of these employees will be earning 100k+ salaries, I can't imagine affordable housing is high on their list of demands.


I was just following up on the subject the you and Yvonne were having earlier in the thread about population and housing etc.

Posted on: 5/21 8:10
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#72
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5186
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Facts are facts, I just reported the census, instead of name calling I suggest you look up the census record, but if you did that the air would blow out of your argument. You cannot stand to hear the truth. So check the census from the mid-1980s to now.


No one said your factoid was wrong, it's just that you have utterly zero understanding of economics, and the complex relationship between population, demographics, and economic growth.

Posted on: 5/20 19:33
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#71
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4463
Offline
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There is a homeless problem in all urban areas because housing that traditionally went to the poor are being used by others. In the mid-1980s, the US population was 229 million, it is now 329 million, an increase of 100 million. This is due to legal and illegal immigration. Immigrants go to cities, the reason for the homeless people in many areas.


It's because of disgusting NIMBYs like Yvonne that cities can't build enough housing to make market rates affordable to lower-middle class families, regardless of population growth.


Resized Image


High housing cost is primarily a zoning problem.


Facts are facts, I just reported the census, instead of name calling I suggest you look up the census record, but if you did that the air would blow out of your argument. You cannot stand to hear the truth. So check the census from the mid-1980s to now.

Posted on: 5/20 18:27
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#70
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1443
Offline
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

What does affordable housing have to do with this? Most of these employees will be earning 100k+ salaries, I can't imagine affordable housing is high on their list of demands.


Basic economics. Dump a bunch of people into a market at any price point and it will disrupt it. Any increased demand will drive up prices throughout the price range.


Newark is already starting to undergo a building boom that will bring many more market rate units onto the market...and it's not like 100k people would be moving next year, opening a second HQ is a huge process and would likely take them several years to fully build out a new site and actually hire new people. Jersey City thankfully is building like crazy, I suspect a good many would wind up moving here instead of staying in Newark proper.


Not sure you understand the Amazon business model... but it is not built on taking several years to spin up a business location or operation and then hiring talent... if they want to get into fresh food distribution, they buy Whole Foods.

They will have their 7/6 Figure Mgmt Team transferring from Seattle and/or hired locally in place when they announce the winning location. Bezos did not get rich wasting time or money. The new location will have an immediate impact.

Posted on: 5/20 16:32
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#69
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2015/11/21 17:12
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 258
Offline
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

What does affordable housing have to do with this? Most of these employees will be earning 100k+ salaries, I can't imagine affordable housing is high on their list of demands.


Basic economics. Dump a bunch of people into a market at any price point and it will disrupt it. Any increased demand will drive up prices throughout the price range.


Newark is already starting to undergo a building boom that will bring many more market rate units onto the market...and it's not like 100k people would be moving next year, opening a second HQ is a huge process and would likely take them several years to fully build out a new site and actually hire new people. Jersey City thankfully is building like crazy, I suspect a good many would wind up moving here instead of staying in Newark proper.

Posted on: 5/20 15:14
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#68
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5186
Offline
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

What does affordable housing have to do with this? Most of these employees will be earning 100k+ salaries, I can't imagine affordable housing is high on their list of demands.


Basic economics. Dump a bunch of people into a market at any price point and it will disrupt it. Any increased demand will drive up prices throughout the price range.

Posted on: 5/20 14:30
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#67
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2015/11/21 17:12
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 258
Offline
Quote:

What does affordable housing have to do with this? Most of these employees will be earning 100k+ salaries, I can't imagine affordable housing is high on their list of demands.

Posted on: 5/20 13:46
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#66
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/14 19:28
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 159
Offline

Posted on: 5/20 11:02
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#65
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/11/9 23:48
From Chilltop, Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 343
Offline
And Trump doesn’t like what WaPo says about him, so he’s trying to pressure USPS to double the shipping fees charged to Amazon.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/18/trump-pr ... hipping-rates-for-amazon/

Posted on: 5/19 20:56
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#64
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4225
Offline
WaPo is certainly a far left slanting paper, as far left as the NY Post us to the right. Bezos hates Trump and the paper pushes the antiTrump agenda Bezos champions.

Posted on: 5/19 14:21
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#63
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5186
Offline
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There is a homeless problem in all urban areas because housing that traditionally went to the poor are being used by others. In the mid-1980s, the US population was 229 million, it is now 329 million, an increase of 100 million. This is due to legal and illegal immigration. Immigrants go to cities, the reason for the homeless people in many areas.


It's because of disgusting NIMBYs like Yvonne that cities can't build enough housing to make market rates affordable to lower-middle class families, regardless of population growth.


Resized Image


High housing cost is primarily a zoning problem.

Posted on: 5/19 13:35
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#62
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2015/11/21 17:12
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 258
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There is a homeless problem in all urban areas because housing that traditionally went to the poor are being used by others. In the mid-1980s, the US population was 229 million, it is now 329 million, an increase of 100 million. This is due to legal and illegal immigration. Immigrants go to cities, the reason for the homeless people in many areas.


It's because of disgusting NIMBYs like Yvonne that cities can't build enough housing to make market rates affordable to lower-middle class families, regardless of population growth.

Posted on: 5/18 22:35
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#61
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1904
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
There is a homeless problem in all urban areas because housing that traditionally went to the poor are being used by others. In the mid-1980s, the US population was 229 million, it is now 329 million, an increase of 100 million. This is due to legal and illegal immigration. Immigrants go to cities, the reason for the homeless people in many areas.

"I'll take stupid hot takes for $100, Alex."

Posted on: 5/18 17:11
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#60
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4463
Offline
There is a homeless problem in all urban areas because housing that traditionally went to the poor are being used by others. In the mid-1980s, the US population was 229 million, it is now 329 million, an increase of 100 million. This is due to legal and illegal immigration. Immigrants go to cities, the reason for the homeless people in many areas.

Posted on: 5/18 17:07
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#59
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1904
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Meanwhile back in Seattle....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busines ... s-tax-20180515-story.html

I can't believe all the people that want to help Newark at the expense of Seattle... pretty obvious what is going on and its Jeff Bezos shirking his social responsibilities.


Jeff shirking his social responsibilities?

Seattle caused this chronic homeless situation with strict zoning laws and restrictions that stop anything other than luxury housing from being built (sounds familiar).

They created the problem, now they're trying to send the bill to others. Wish I could do that.



Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.

I don't get where you put Bezos as a liberal. He owns the Washington Post but that isn't a "liberal news" outlet. He has very little hand in what is covered. He does what owners should do and let those that do the research take the story where it leads.

In terms of practices and policies, nobody has ever confused Bezos with a liberal. Socially, sure.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.


Ah, my bad, sarcasm doesn't travel well over text.


I was quite baffled by the post myself. The sarcasm may have been a little too cloaked. I missed it entirely.

The situation in Seattle and in Portland has gotten quite dire. Aggressive panhandling is quite common, drug addiction is rampant, and both cities have seemingly given up on a real solution to either problem. The previous mayor of Portland didn't even run for reelection. Both cities keep extending protections of the homeless population with policies and edicts that go against the best interests of businesses and other city residents. And, let's be clear, no one is arguing for either city to turn their back on the homeless population, just that it find better (and, effective) ways to address the issues.

Wow. Quite extreme... I know people that live in Portland and Seattle. Your dystopian description is from your mind only.

Posted on: 5/18 16:51
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#58
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/28 17:22
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 612
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Who knew there was a homeless crisis? The 8 years previous to January 2017 we never heard about such things. The people were living large with free cell phones, free rent and healthcare. If we could have only paid off everyone's tuition debt that would have been the cherry on the progressive agenda.



Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
But I thought there was so much winning going on that EVERYONE has a well paying job now?

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.


Ah, my bad, sarcasm doesn't travel well over text.


I was quite baffled by the post myself. The sarcasm may have been a little too cloaked. I missed it entirely.

The situation in Seattle and in Portland has gotten quite dire. Aggressive panhandling is quite common, drug addiction is rampant, and both cities have seemingly given up on a real solution to either problem. The previous mayor of Portland didn't even run for reelection. Both cities keep extending protections of the homeless population with policies and edicts that go against the best interests of businesses and other city residents. And, let's be clear, no one is arguing for either city to turn their back on the homeless population, just that it find better (and, effective) ways to address the issues.


Oh that's because this crisis is Trump's fault.

Posted on: 5/17 17:06
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#57
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1443
Offline
Who knew there was a homeless crisis? The 8 years previous to January 2017 we never heard about such things. The people were living large with free cell phones, free rent and healthcare. If we could have only paid off everyone's tuition debt that would have been the cherry on the progressive agenda.



Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
But I thought there was so much winning going on that EVERYONE has a well paying job now?

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.


Ah, my bad, sarcasm doesn't travel well over text.


I was quite baffled by the post myself. The sarcasm may have been a little too cloaked. I missed it entirely.

The situation in Seattle and in Portland has gotten quite dire. Aggressive panhandling is quite common, drug addiction is rampant, and both cities have seemingly given up on a real solution to either problem. The previous mayor of Portland didn't even run for reelection. Both cities keep extending protections of the homeless population with policies and edicts that go against the best interests of businesses and other city residents. And, let's be clear, no one is arguing for either city to turn their back on the homeless population, just that it find better (and, effective) ways to address the issues.

Posted on: 5/17 15:53
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#56
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/3/18 22:39
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 247
Offline
But I thought there was so much winning going on that EVERYONE has a well paying job now?

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.


Ah, my bad, sarcasm doesn't travel well over text.


I was quite baffled by the post myself. The sarcasm may have been a little too cloaked. I missed it entirely.

The situation in Seattle and in Portland has gotten quite dire. Aggressive panhandling is quite common, drug addiction is rampant, and both cities have seemingly given up on a real solution to either problem. The previous mayor of Portland didn't even run for reelection. Both cities keep extending protections of the homeless population with policies and edicts that go against the best interests of businesses and other city residents. And, let's be clear, no one is arguing for either city to turn their back on the homeless population, just that it find better (and, effective) ways to address the issues.

Posted on: 5/17 11:11
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#55
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3453
Offline
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.


Ah, my bad, sarcasm doesn't travel well over text.


I was quite baffled by the post myself. The sarcasm may have been a little too cloaked. I missed it entirely.

The situation in Seattle and in Portland has gotten quite dire. Aggressive panhandling is quite common, drug addiction is rampant, and both cities have seemingly given up on a real solution to either problem. The previous mayor of Portland didn't even run for reelection. Both cities keep extending protections of the homeless population with policies and edicts that go against the best interests of businesses and other city residents. And, let's be clear, no one is arguing for either city to turn their back on the homeless population, just that it find better (and, effective) ways to address the issues.

Posted on: 5/17 10:21
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#54
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2017/10/28 15:03
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.


Ah, my bad, sarcasm doesn't travel well over text.

Posted on: 5/17 8:18
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#53
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1443
Offline
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Meanwhile back in Seattle....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busines ... s-tax-20180515-story.html

I can't believe all the people that want to help Newark at the expense of Seattle... pretty obvious what is going on and its Jeff Bezos shirking his social responsibilities.


Jeff shirking his social responsibilities?

Seattle caused this chronic homeless situation with strict zoning laws and restrictions that stop anything other than luxury housing from being built (sounds familiar).

They created the problem, now they're trying to send the bill to others. Wish I could do that.



Actually.... my post was sarcastic in nature. I was hoping to get some of the left wing / progressive / communists on the site to respond? In typical fashion, they remain silent, because when one of their own (Bezos/WaPo) is caught in an issue wear facts challenge left wing agenda / dogma.

Posted on: 5/17 7:46
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#52
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1443
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Amazon wasn't looking for the opinions of clueless bigots from Jersey?

Webmaster please delete response #27 from psyopit it has no bearing on the topic. It is offending to the citizens of New Jersey.


It is sad how crazy, reactionary and unhinged some people on this site have become. We could be talking about liking or disliking vanilla ice cream... and some whacko would call you a racist for not including chocolate ice cream as part of the conversation.


I simply replied about 2 people on this message board who are both known for posting bigoted comments, one of which constantly posts things that are questionably factual at best.
A bit harsh probably but not untrue.


It is your opinion that my comments are bigoted, personally, I believe your opinions are bullying. Anyone that has a different point of view you attack. In a plural society people do have different opinions. This country is not ISIS where only one set of facts are recognized. So lets keep it that way.


Your past posts speak for themselves so I don't need to defend anything.

Sorry for the off topic to others reading this, I'm done responding in this thread.


And you continue to be a self-righteous douche bag. Thanks for playing along in the game. Sorry you have no self control... though it is not surprising.


I continue to follow my own beliefs and not drink the Kool-Aid. If that bothers you, then you have the problem, not me.


I am not sure why you cut my last quote from another thread and used it in this thread???? That comment was not directed at you??? Very confused at your behavior?

Posted on: 5/17 7:41
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#51
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/14 19:28
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 159
Offline
Murphy has already amped up taxes on companies playing off the reductions granted by Trump's administration.
As to Newark, all of New Jersey kicks in for that problem child since Gibson was Mayor. Judging by the Seattle backlash I wonder if Bezos will step into
the nanny state that is Jersey and in addition become a helicopter parent for its many wayward ward cities.

Posted on: 5/16 19:57
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#50
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3453
Offline
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Meanwhile back in Seattle....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busines ... s-tax-20180515-story.html

I can't believe all the people that want to help Newark at the expense of Seattle... pretty obvious what is going on and its Jeff Bezos shirking his social responsibilities.


Jeff shirking his social responsibilities?

Seattle caused this chronic homeless situation with strict zoning laws and restrictions that stop anything other than luxury housing from being built (sounds familiar).

They created the problem, now they're trying to send the bill to others. Wish I could do that.


This. Plus, super liberal policies that encourage other young, homeless people to come live in Seattle among the same kind. My last trip to Seattle a year ago was a really sad one: the city is literally overrun with people drugged out of their minds and lots of homeless people who seem to have more rights and privileges than the average citizen. It is a sad state of affairs, and (understandably) the city residents have grown tired of their local government ineffectiveness.

The city refuses to be held accountable and instead is trying to milk their large companies for more money to pay for their own mess.

I know two couples that prior to moving to Seattle were serious liberals and now think of themselves as anything but that. The failure of liberal policies to protect the interests and rights of residents other than homeless people has caused a lot of resentment and discord. After three days visiting last summer, I doubt I’ll be going back anytime soon.

Posted on: 5/16 19:09
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#49
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2017/10/28 15:03
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Meanwhile back in Seattle....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busines ... s-tax-20180515-story.html

I can't believe all the people that want to help Newark at the expense of Seattle... pretty obvious what is going on and its Jeff Bezos shirking his social responsibilities.


Jeff shirking his social responsibilities?

Seattle caused this chronic homeless situation with strict zoning laws and restrictions that stop anything other than luxury housing from being built (sounds familiar).

They created the problem, now they're trying to send the bill to others. Wish I could do that.

Posted on: 5/16 16:00
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#48
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4463
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Amazon wasn't looking for the opinions of clueless bigots from Jersey?

Webmaster please delete response #27 from psyopit it has no bearing on the topic. It is offending to the citizens of New Jersey.


It is sad how crazy, reactionary and unhinged some people on this site have become. We could be talking about liking or disliking vanilla ice cream... and some whacko would call you a racist for not including chocolate ice cream as part of the conversation.


I simply replied about 2 people on this message board who are both known for posting bigoted comments, one of which constantly posts things that are questionably factual at best.
A bit harsh probably but not untrue.


It is your opinion that my comments are bigoted, personally, I believe your opinions are bullying. Anyone that has a different point of view you attack. In a plural society people do have different opinions. This country is not ISIS where only one set of facts are recognized. So lets keep it that way.


Your past posts speak for themselves so I don't need to defend anything.

Sorry for the off topic to others reading this, I'm done responding in this thread.


And you continue to be a self-righteous douche bag. Thanks for playing along in the game. Sorry you have no self control... though it is not surprising.


I continue to follow my own beliefs and not drink the Kool-Aid. If that bothers you, then you have the problem, not me.

Posted on: 5/16 15:57
Print Top


Re: New Amazon HQ
#47
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1443
Offline
Meanwhile back in Seattle....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busines ... s-tax-20180515-story.html

I can't believe all the people that want to help Newark at the expense of Seattle... pretty obvious what is going on and its Jeff Bezos shirking his social responsibilities.

Posted on: 5/16 10:59
Print Top




(1) 2 3 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017