Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (22 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »

Re: Okay, so who here thinks the Katyn monument needs to go?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting to see how soon someone gets down there tomorrow to clean the mess. All the candles/Red Jars have blown off the granite step... highs winds/rain. It's a shame.

Posted on: 5/15 18:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
the statue is still staying very close to its original location. the uproar over moving it 60 meters away is laughable

I believe the uproar was why and how it was proposed to be moved. A sufficient reason was not stated and it was done underhandedly.

Posted on: 5/15 16:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

ActionDan wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

This is not about me nicky, although I do have a great deal of respect for the Polish people. I actually remember reading about St. Maximum Kolbe who gave his life for a Jewish man about to be executed by the Nazi. Kolbe was a Catholic priest who wrote articles condemning Nazis for rounding up Jewish people. When someone escaped from a Nazi camp, ten people was chosen to be executed, a Jewish man was in that list and cried because he had a wife and children. So Maximilian Kolbe volunteered to take his place. The Nazis went after the Jews but the Polish people did not fare well during the war. According to wikianswers, 3 million Catholic Polish people died under the Nazis regime.

How do you even post something like this?

And this for example - " There is a Holocaust memorial in Liberty State Park, also a prime location. If the park were to relocate this memorial, I am sure there would be outrage."

On Fulop's twitter feed the nazis and white power contingent used the same argument.

Yvonne feeds off anger, racism, fear, and misery. She's toxic.

The only toxic people are those who hide their true names and go around condemning others. Shame on you! You are just describing yourself.

Posted on: 5/15 16:35
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pizzaboye wrote:
The insane Polish netizen over-reaction about the statue is hilarious on Fulop's twit page. He must have half the trolls of Poland harassing him.

Yeah there some creative photo shopping and tweets going on. I wish I could read Polish because under Maciej Golubiewski’s tweet replies to Mayor Fulop it looked like it was another round of insults. (I am guessing CAPS mean the same thing in Polish..lol)

Although someone did have the sense to tweet this photo showing the move is no big deal which calmed a few people down..

Resized Image

Posted on: 5/15 15:22
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

oreoz wrote:
I have to say - I think the mayor botched his handling of this one. He could have announced this end result without all the in between drama and there'd probably be a lot less of it. Now he's somehow managed to piss off people from all sides. At the end it will all probably be swept under the rug (and the end result sounds like a good compromise), but it's not a good look.

But Yvonne - I'm curious as to your sudden change of position. You were one of the strongest supporters of moving the statue at the beginning of this thread, giving all sorts of reasons. Why the sudden change? Is it just because you found yourself on the same side as the mayor you despise? Seems a bit odd.

Our Ever-So-Politically-Correct Mayor Authored this ShitStorm via Twitter & the Chickens have Now come Home to Roost.
The Optics are now BAD 4 HIM because he got Checked+Challenged by a tight knit Polish Speaking Community who Pushed Back & said NO!

I am most interested in seeing whether Maciej remains Polish Consul General when Polish President arrives for tomorrow's Wreath-Laying Ceremony, as it is my understanding from Polish people here & abroad that these political Machinations go against the grain of Polish President's Core Beliefs.

Posted on: 5/15 14:47
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

ActionDan wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

This is not about me nicky, although I do have a great deal of respect for the Polish people. I actually remember reading about St. Maximum Kolbe who gave his life for a Jewish man about to be executed by the Nazi. Kolbe was a Catholic priest who wrote articles condemning Nazis for rounding up Jewish people. When someone escaped from a Nazi camp, ten people was chosen to be executed, a Jewish man was in that list and cried because he had a wife and children. So Maximilian Kolbe volunteered to take his place. The Nazis went after the Jews but the Polish people did not fare well during the war. According to wikianswers, 3 million Catholic Polish people died under the Nazis regime.

And this for example - " There is a Holocaust memorial in Liberty State Park, also a prime location. If the park were to relocate this memorial, I am sure there would be outrage."

On Fulop's twitter feed the nazis and white power contingent used the same argument.

No, you're toxic for regurgitating the old trope about twitter nazis and white power.

It was Fulop who first played the Holocaust card by calling the Polish Senator anti-semite and Holocaust denier, bringing the whole discourse to the gutter level.

Therefore, the hypothetical example of moving a Holocaust memorial is absolutely fair game, and a high-road one at that compared to the Fulop utterance.

Posted on: 5/15 12:54
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ActionDan wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 5/15 11:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
the statue is still staying very close to its original location. the uproar over moving it 60 meters away is laughable

Posted on: 5/15 11:02
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 5/15 10:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
“The people who actually built this monument, who actually put the blood and sweat into it, agreed to it,” said Polish Consul General Maciej Golubiewski. “They think it’s the best solution, the best compromise.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/05/14/jersey-city-katyn-memorial/

Posted on: 5/14 23:48
Print Top

Hide User information
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
The insane Polish netizen over-reaction about the statue is hilarious on Fulop's twit page. He must have half the trolls of Poland harassing him.

Posted on: 5/14 22:56
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

oreoz wrote:
I have to say - I think the mayor botched his handling of this one. He could have announced this end result without all the in between drama and there'd probably be a lot less of it. Now he's somehow managed to piss off people from all sides. At the end it will all probably be swept under the rug (and the end result sounds like a good compromise), but it's not a good look.

But Yvonne - I'm curious as to your sudden change of position. You were one of the strongest supporters of moving the statue at the beginning of this thread, giving all sorts of reasons. Why the sudden change? Is it just because you found yourself on the same side as the mayor you despise? Seems a bit odd.

I said this at the council meeting and my position has not change, I am a supporter of American history plain and simple. However, I heard the mayor speak several times on the radio and I was stunned by his comments. There is a Holocaust memorial in Liberty State Park, also a prime location. If the park were to relocate this memorial, I am sure there would be outrage. No ethnic group should be treated any differently, Mayor Fulop owes the Polish community an apology. He does not get a free pass for his comments. Personally, the mayor has embarrassed the city with his comments so this monument should stay. The fact he did not reach out to the Polish community before this is outrageous. Even the NAACP supports the Polish community in their fight.

Posted on: 5/14 19:10
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:

Just another example of her ability to lie and change position on literally any subject. She was for it originally because of her "only American events should get monuments" nonsense in addition to her general toxic NIMBYism (if it's not a parking garage, it's useless). She changed position and became against it after it blew up in the mayor's face and her minions started filing lawsuits. In the end, nobody will remember this whole thing in a couple of months and Yvonne will have once again been served a humiliating loss.

Posted on: 5/14 19:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

oreoz wrote:

Just another example of her ability to lie and change position on literally any subject. She was for it originally because of her "only American events should get monuments" nonsense in addition to her general toxic NIMBYism (if it's not a parking garage, it's useless). She changed position and became against it after it blew up in the mayor's face and her minions started filing lawsuits. In the end, nobody will remember this whole thing in a couple of months and Yvonne will have once again been served a humiliating loss.

Posted on: 5/14 18:40
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

oreoz wrote:

Posted on: 5/14 18:22
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Also in case everyone missed it - Fulop tweeted a rendering of the new park with the memorial in it, on York Street.
https://twitter.com/StevenFulop/status/996038035337891840

EDIT: I see they have a picture of it in the NJ.com article. This one is the rendering.

Posted on: 5/14 17:56
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 5/14 17:54
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Quote:

LOL chorus of boos. There were maybe a dozen people present, including some who tried to get violent. We get two new parks and the statue gets moved a block away.

The only reason you oppose this whole thing is probably because a few parking spaces will be lost. A humiliating defeat for Yvonne and her NIMBY allies.

Again, you need to see a therapist, I was not there, neither was I at the protest at the monument. However, here is a fact approximately, 60% of NJ is white, with around one third Polish ancestry or mixed ancestry. In the 1970s, there was a lot of Italian/Polish and Puerto Rican/Polish marriages, so these people may have an Italian or Hispanic last name, but mama was Polish. As one woman said at the council meeting which I did attend, the mayor will never have the Polish vote whether for mayor or for another office. Scroll down and see Hudson County View video where the people screamed, "Shame," to the mayor over and over again. https://www.facebook.com/hudsoncountyview/
https://hudsoncountyview.com/fulop-hec ... n-memorial-will-be-moved/

Posted on: 5/14 17:09
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LOL chorus of boos. There were maybe a dozen people present, including some who tried to get violent. We get two new parks and the statue gets moved a block away.

The only reason you oppose this whole thing is probably because a few parking spaces will be lost. A humiliating defeat for Yvonne and her NIMBY allies.

Posted on: 5/14 16:53
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 5/14 15:29
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
There was a demonstration today against the move or the deal.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... m.html#incart_2box_hudson

Posted on: 5/13 21:13
Print Top

Re: Never Forget KAYTN RALLY is A GO
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Erm... They aren't removing it, they're just moving it a few blocks. Deal was struck a day or two ago.

http://nj1015.com/jersey-city-reaches ... moving-massacre-memorial/

Posted on: 5/13 20:44
Print Top

Re: Never Forget KAYTN RALLY is A GO
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The community spoke at city hall against the removal of the Katyn statue.
https://youtu.be/KOmqFLYnayE

Posted on: 5/13 19:31
Print Top

Never Forget KAYTN RALLY is A GO
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Never Forget...Katyn Rally TODAY : 3PM @ Exchange Place
phone 347-944-3615 to hear Truth & Details

Posted on: 5/13 12:29
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Ok, so the week in review.

1) We will be getting a new park and renovated waterfront paid for by a developer. You know, the entities who, in any other context, we DEMAND pay for things.

2) The statue will be moved to a more appropriate location.

3) The President of Poland will be visiting Jersey City.

4) Fulop is invited as a guest of the Polish government to visit Auschiwtz.

5) People who were fueling the fire and hoping this would be the mayor's downfall have their mouths agape at how well it worked out.

Yes as usual Mayor Fulop’s actions always work out well for the betterment of Jersey City. Moving us ever forward from the dormant Healy days.

You forgot a number 6 which is I guess related to number 5.

6) One or two JC Civic organizations who are only “looking out for the residents of Jersey City” get Bill (sour grapes) Matsikoudis to draw up frivolous lawsuits against Jersey City and Mayor Fulop. Wasting Government Court time and JC taxpayer money because JC has to defend them.

Posted on: 5/13 11:49
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

5) People who were fueling the fire and hoping this would be the mayor's downfall have their mouths agape at how well it worked out.

See?

Yeah that's a good spin. The people paying attention know it took real adults to clear this up. Not a childlike mayor who engaged in a trumpian twitter war and finally showed everyone who he really is (those in the know already know what he's like behind closed doors; just refreshing you all got to see a glimpse of it).

He will never move past being mayor. But yeah, keep eating what he's feeding you and asking for more.

Posted on: 5/13 9:55
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

See?

Posted on: 5/13 9:41
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop still needs to apology to the Polish community. JC is better than that, we may disagree on policy but we don't attack people.

Posted on: 5/13 9:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, so the week in review.

1) We will be getting a new park and renovated waterfront paid for by a developer. You know, the entities who, in any other context, we DEMAND pay for things.

2) The statue will be moved to a more appropriate location.

3) The President of Poland will be visiting Jersey City.

4) Fulop is invited as a guest of the Polish government to visit Auschiwtz.

Posted on: 5/13 9:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 5/12 22:50
Print Top

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 13 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: