Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Legal Weed Is Coming to New Jersey
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like NY might have legal rec weed b4 NJ....why does NJ always move at a snail's pace?

NY State Health Department Recommends Legalizing Marijuana

http://gothamist.com/2018/07/16/legalizing_pot_ny_cuomo.php

This is sort of my problem with democrats...other than obama, they don't want to deliver. they talk a good game, but oce in office. say what u want about trump, he is attempting to deliver on his promises (although mean spirited) and the same can be said about christie (may god curse his soul).

Posted on: 7/17 16:58
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
When is no going to get moving on legalizing marijuana. I read somewhere that NY is now closely looking at legalizing weed.

Much of NJ's financial windfall from this is based on NYers learning that NJ isn't that far away. If NJ is to move, they need to move quick...

Posted on: 5/18 17:10
Dos A Cero
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
When is no going to get moving on legalizing marijuana. I read somewhere that NY is now closely looking at legalizing weed.

Posted on: 5/16 19:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
"This is the part where I point out that the bike/walk/mass transit-friendly streets of Amsterdam, where car traffic is limited and calmed by engineering, law, and culture, are far safer, crash-wise, than those of basically every other large city. (Their national average is around 3.4 deaths per 100k—about a third of ours.)

This despite having pot and hashish sold on every other corner, drunk tourists roaming around every night, and a self-reported 2/3 of young people regularly biking while drunk.

The most effective remedy for the dangers of intoxicated driving, it turns out, is not reducing intoxication, it's reducing ... well, you know.

K bai!"

Thank you Elsquid for another informative post that doesn't stoop to inane name calling and one upmanship.
May your tribe increase.

Posted on: 5/2 22:27
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's funny and sad that you can replace marijuana in this entire statement with alcohol and take a time travel back 100 years to alcohol prohibition. And see all the stupid arguments and why they didn't work. No one believes that alcohol being legal for adults implies that it's okay for kids, even kids don't see that.

What's interesting is that currently it's far easier for kids to get weed than alcohol because the marijuana market is 100% underground and no one's carding.

Quote:

Stringer wrote:

What Hudson Prosecutor Esther Suarez thinks about legal weed and 6 other topics

Posted on: 5/2 15:09
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
It is difficult to pin an increase in traffic accidents or traffic fatalities on marijuana legalization. Traffic deaths nationwide increased by 14% from 2014 to 2016, with 2016 being the deadliest year since 2007. So Colorado is far from the only state to see an uptick in traffic incidents.

Colorado's traffic fatality rate per 100,000 citizens is 11.0, which is actually below the national average of 11.6. The highest fatality rates are in Mississippi (23.1) and Alabama (21.3), states that most certainly are not known for lax marijuana laws.

If anything, I'd surmise that the increase in traffic deaths nationwide has more to do with a strengthening economy plus relatively low gas prices. These two factors helped make 2016 the year with the highest number of miles driven in the history of the United States. More cars on the road and more miles driven would logically lead to an increase in traffic accidents.

This is the part where I point out that the bike/walk/mass transit-friendly streets of Amsterdam, where car traffic is limited and calmed by engineering, law, and culture, are far safer, crash-wise, than those of basically every other large city. (Their national average is around 3.4 deaths per 100k—about a third of ours.)

This despite having pot and hashish sold on every other corner, drunk tourists roaming around every night, and a self-reported 2/3 of young people regularly biking while drunk.

The most effective remedy for the dangers of intoxicated driving, it turns out, is not reducing intoxication, it's reducing ... well, you know.

K bai!

Posted on: 5/2 14:02
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

What Hudson Prosecutor Esther Suarez thinks about legal weed and 6 other topics

Posted on: 5/2 13:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
I didn't say car accidents are down. In fact, I said quite the opposite.

Returning to my original statement, the legalization of recreation marijuana will translate into higher car insurance rates. So even non users will be affected by this change.

Posted on: 4/20 18:14
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't say car accidents are down. In fact, I said quite the opposite.

Posted on: 4/20 17:43
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 4/20 17:18
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The Denver Post has been doing stories on this since marijuana has become legal, accidents have one up. But what make the newspaper 'angry' is the fact that some medical examiner tests for marijuana use and other don't so you are not getting a full picture of accidents. Those that don't says marijuana stays in the body for a long time so it is not accurate. But that also means your surgeon or air pilot who uses marijuana for recreation has the chemical still in their blood. At what point during an accident does this drug interferes with judgment?

But the tons of functioning alcoholics are fine with you because it's been legal for years?

A few rips of some dank Kush and you'll mellow out a bit.

Posted on: 4/20 17:00
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
It is difficult to pin an increase in traffic accidents or traffic fatalities on marijuana legalization. Traffic deaths nationwide increased by 14% from 2014 to 2016, with 2016 being the deadliest year since 2007. So Colorado is far from the only state to see an uptick in traffic incidents.

Colorado's traffic fatality rate per 100,000 citizens is 11.0, which is actually below the national average of 11.6. The highest fatality rates are in Mississippi (23.1) and Alabama (21.3), states that most certainly are not known for lax marijuana laws.

If anything, I'd surmise that the increase in traffic deaths nationwide has more to do with a strengthening economy plus relatively low gas prices. These two factors helped make 2016 the year with the highest number of miles driven in the history of the United States. More cars on the road and more miles driven would logically lead to an increase in traffic accidents.

Posted on: 4/20 16:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The Denver Post has been doing stories on this since marijuana has become legal, accidents have one up. But what make the newspaper 'angry' is the fact that some medical examiner tests for marijuana use and other don't so you are not getting a full picture of accidents. Those that don't says marijuana stays in the body for a long time so it is not accurate. But that also means your surgeon or air pilot who uses marijuana for recreation has the chemical still in their blood. At what point during an accident does this drug interferes with judgment?

Posted on: 4/20 16:49
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
We've been screwed ever since no-fault anyway Yvonne. They don't need a reason to jack up your rates, they just make it up as they go along. It's a Joisey thing.

I think it's going to get even more interesting as the mileage trackers get market share. Low mileage drivers have been subsidizing higher risk high-mileage drivers forever. So, similar to the reval, as some people get their insurance lowered some are going to get it raised.

That said, the whole tracker thing is creepy as hell! I can see every place my wife goes via the insurance app and vice versa. No doubt they're selling the data too.

Posted on: 4/20 16:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Just be prepared to pay more money in car insurance. There has been an increased in accidents in Colorado. I spoke to my agent as to why rates are going up even you do not make a claim and he gave me the stats in JC.

We've been screwed ever since no-fault anyway Yvonne. They don't need a reason to jack up your rates, they just make it up as they go along. It's a Joisey thing.

Posted on: 4/20 15:56
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Just be prepared to pay more money in car insurance. There has been an increased in accidents in Colorado. I spoke to my agent as to why rates are going up even you do not make a claim and he gave me the stats in JC.

Posted on: 4/20 14:02
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Poll: 59% of New Jersey backs legal weed

https://newjerseyglobe.com/section-2/p ... -jersey-backs-legal-weed/

The silent majority needs to not be silent on this issue and overpower the NIMBYs trying to stop this.

Posted on: 4/20 12:57
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
The Dems are getting smarter. This is a guaranteed vote getter:

https://nypost.com/2018/04/20/schumer- ... -decriminalize-marijuana/

Posted on: 4/20 12:01
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:
Since marijuana does not send users into homicidal rages, nor does it encourage users to steal rampantly to pay for it, it makes no sense to claim that Colorado's homicide rate increased slightly because marijuana was legalized.

Did u bother to read the article?

Yes. Did you?

The CBI and and Denver PD offer no theories. One police officer mistakenly says it's due to economic conditions (patently false, as crime rates did not soar in 2007-2009). One lawmaker who tries to pin it on pot also acknowledges a surge in opiate use.

Spare us the FUD, kthx.

The article points to crime increasing to outsiders coming to Colorado for the pot laws. They have increased crime in the state! And say what u want driving high is the same as driving drunk and when there is no accurate way to test than it should not be legal. Period. Its common sense.

in what world is driving high at all the same as driving drunk? how many high drivers plow into other cars and kill people? anyway, the information can be spun anyway you want to hear it, but the fact is, if weed (which people are going to smoke either way) was made legal, it reduces the drug sales from people who support cartels and the like and puts money into state taxes and local growers which sounds like an obvious choice to most logical people.

Posted on: 4/19 13:29
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:
Since marijuana does not send users into homicidal rages, nor does it encourage users to steal rampantly to pay for it, it makes no sense to claim that Colorado's homicide rate increased slightly because marijuana was legalized.

Yes. Did you?

The CBI and and Denver PD offer no theories. One police officer mistakenly says it's due to economic conditions (patently false, as crime rates did not soar in 2007-2009). One lawmaker who tries to pin it on pot also acknowledges a surge in opiate use.

Spare us the FUD, kthx.

The article points to crime increasing to outsiders coming to Colorado for the pot laws. They have increased crime in the state! And say what u want driving high is the same as driving drunk and when there is no accurate way to test than it should not be legal. Period. Its common sense.

Posted on: 4/16 10:57
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Yes. Did you?

Spare us the FUD, kthx.

Posted on: 4/15 11:05
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Just a matter of time....

Posted on: 4/15 10:13
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

I read it, there's no link, just weak speculation. They're trying to pin everything from murders to drunk driving on weed.

Quote:
CBI (CO bureau of Investigation) officials indicated they can’t offer an analysis about why crime increased in the state.

Here's an article with links to actual studies:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mari ... galization-violent-crime/

Posted on: 4/14 13:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 4/14 12:33
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 4/14 11:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
This really shouldn't be a debate. Legalization is a slam dunk. You have the successful models in other states already. Throw in the fact that we have major cities bordering our state, we could easily draw in some major revenue via "tourism." Atlantic City could have something drawing people to it, again. Camden could start to make a come-back in some parts as a destination.

The downside could be a much more crowded PATH. The plus side could be that the PATH might be pressured to run more trains later and over the weekend...

Really? This successful model?
https://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/11/ ... rcent-higher-murder-rate/

Posted on: 4/13 20:48
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Peeps have been driving high forever. You look confused.

Posted on: 4/13 20:47
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
I reached out to him on Facebook as well. The article doesn't explain any of his possible reasoning for being against legalization, so I'll let him make his case, but I will vote against him in every election if he isn't in favor of something the vast majority of NJ and Hudson County supports.

Half this opposition is just spineless pols afraid of being painted "soft on crime" in the next election. That's why only in Vermont was legalization passed by the legislature, all the rest were plebiscites where they could claim it wasn't them that did it.

Really? How do u know that? Do u really think it is safe to pass? There is no way currently to regulate driving while high. That doesn't seem to be a win win to me!

Posted on: 4/13 20:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Vote delayed on Jersey City pot plan

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop's plan to bar recreational marijuana sales citywide before coming up with pot-friendly zones lives for another day, with the City Council Wednesday night moving to postpone a vote on the controversial proposal.

The council voted 8-1 to set aside the measure, which was scheduled for a final vote Wednesday night. Councilman-at-large Daniel Rivera, who supports Fulop's plan, was the only no vote.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ed_on_jersey_city_po.html

Posted on: 4/13 16:09
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
maybe it should be put to the ballotQuote:

brewster wrote:
These politicians are simply cowards who think they'll lose more votes by supporting it than they'll gain, since seniors vote more than young people.

Time for a weed rally in Trenton? The "Massive Mellow March"?

Posted on: 3/5 19:49
Print Top

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017