Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: New Jersey Prepares To Raise Taxes On "Almost Everything" As It Nears Financial Disaster
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
The mental gymnastics you guys go through to try and make it seem like you aren?t being conned- adorable!

....would those mental gymnastics be similar or worse than what you had to do to vote the Jack O Lantern, Murphy?

Asking for a friend...

He was not my pick for the primaries but you trying to imply someone who worked for literally the most unpopular governor ever as being a better choice....kinda just does the work for me...

Thanks buddy!

Yes. Worked FOR the governor. Isn't THE governor. Many people worked FOR the governor who aren't like the governor. Are you a clone of your boss? It's idiotic thinking like this that will have us crying at the end of this term.

Lol she was his running mate and endorsed by him for the last election...so yeah. You hang around enough trash you start to stink...which is why Trump?s White House is a revolving door and each person entering is more incompetent, corrupt, and unqualified than the last.

::waits for exasperated explanation that the White House doesn?t have a real revolving door::

That's your response? Really? Phew. Thought I'd have something substantial to reply to but I can clearly end here.

RE: trumps revolving door. Didn't vote for him, don't like him, and don't care. Not relevant to this discussion.

Posted on: 2018/3/21 19:55

Re: New Jersey Prepares To Raise Taxes On "Almost Everything" As It Nears Financial Disaster
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
The mental gymnastics you guys go through to try and make it seem like you aren?t being conned- adorable!

....would those mental gymnastics be similar or worse than what you had to do to vote the Jack O Lantern, Murphy?

Asking for a friend...

He was not my pick for the primaries but you trying to imply someone who worked for literally the most unpopular governor ever as being a better choice....kinda just does the work for me...

Thanks buddy!

Yes. Worked FOR the governor. Isn't THE governor. Many people worked FOR the governor who aren't like the governor. Are you a clone of your boss? It's idiotic thinking like this that will have us crying at the end of this term.

Lol she was his running mate and endorsed by him for the last election...so yeah. You hang around enough trash you start to stink...which is why Trump?s White House is a revolving door and each person entering is more incompetent, corrupt, and unqualified than the last.

::waits for exasperated explanation that the White House doesn?t have a real revolving door::

Posted on: 2018/3/21 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Asking for a friend...

Thanks buddy!

Posted on: 2018/3/20 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsNative wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Asking for a friend...

Thanks buddy!

Posted on: 2018/3/20 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Asking for a friend...

Posted on: 2018/3/20 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/3/20 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

Cool opinions bro. We weren?t discussing only NJ. Obviously wasn?t talking about the people at the bottom half of the 1% who technically qualify but the people who are at the very top that are literally hoarding all the wealth unchecked.

I actually didn't post opinions.

Those in the top half of 1% (which is still $800k per year, not billionaires) who are "hoarding wealth" don't pay income tax on salary anyway, they are primarily taxed capital gains rates, which were not touched by the tax reform.

LOL "Cool Bro" Thanks for the great response, it made my morning. I saw that T2P response yesterday and started to reply. Then I decided to cut my toenails. I loved T2P writing that his anti 1% comments are not directed at the bottom of the 1%.

Responding to T2P is typically like talking to a wall. If you challenge his "facts", be prepared to be labelled a racist bourgeois person. He will project the worst human traits on you because of your rational response and eventually you will be dismissed as a"Trump Voter". Have a great week!

Posted on: 2018/3/19 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
By all means, please keep pushing for $15/hr wages tony. I don't like dealing with minimum wage folks anyway, and that "fight for $15" garbage is the fast track to automated service led by robots. Couldn't come quick enough.

Posted on: 2018/3/19 4:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/13 22:07
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Cool opinions bro. We weren?t discussing only NJ. Obviously wasn?t talking about the people at the bottom half of the 1% who technically qualify but the people who are at the very top that are literally hoarding all the wealth unchecked.

I actually didn't post opinions.

Those in the top half of 1% (which is still $800k per year, not billionaires) who are "hoarding wealth" don't pay income tax on salary anyway, they are primarily taxed capital gains rates, which were not touched by the tax reform.

Posted on: 2018/3/19 3:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

srs7191 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Yeah no- you?d have to be a complete fool to think taxpayers should be subsidizing tax breaks for corporations and the 1% at this point while we are allegedly too broke to fund basic social services.

?We?re too broke for health insurance and free education but here?s $11/hr so corporations can get out of paying billions in taxes!?

$15/hr is barely a livable wage. We are way behind on that front.

A tax cut isn't a subsidy. A tax cut means they take less, a subsidy means they give you. Might mean the same thing to you in terms of dollar flows, but they are very different from a morality perspective.

Also, the "1%", I'm pretty sure that they are disportionately represented on this forum, in Jersey City, and in New Jersey in general.

1%ers aren't billionaires, they make $300k. Very good money, but in DT JC, with great credit, zero debt, and a large down payment, you'll still be in a 1000 sqft condo.

The tax cut has been effective for more than 80% of taxpayers. You may argue that it's been eaten up by increasing health costs, inflation, etc.... but those things would have gone up at the exact same rate with or without the tax cut. So, on the net, it's still a savings.

70% of tax filers in the US use standard deductions. They don't care about the property tax deduction being capped. That 70% aren't the wealthiest 70%.

Posted on: 2018/3/19 3:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/13 22:07
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Yeah no- you?d have to be a complete fool to think taxpayers should be subsidizing tax breaks for corporations and the 1% at this point while we are allegedly too broke to fund basic social services.

?We?re too broke for health insurance and free education but here?s $11/hr so corporations can get out of paying billions in taxes!?

A tax cut isn't a subsidy. A tax cut means they take less, a subsidy means they give you. Might mean the same thing to you in terms of dollar flows, but they are very different from a morality perspective.

Also, the "1%", I'm pretty sure that they are disportionately represented on this forum, in Jersey City, and in New Jersey in general.

1%ers aren't billionaires, they make $300k. Very good money, but in DT JC, with great credit, zero debt, and a large down payment, you'll still be in a 1000 sqft condo.

The tax cut has been effective for more than 80% of taxpayers. You may argue that it's been eaten up by increasing health costs, inflation, etc.... but those things would have gone up at the exact same rate with or without the tax cut. So, on the net, it's still a savings.

70% of tax filers in the US use standard deductions. They don't care about the property tax deduction being capped. That 70% aren't the wealthiest 70%.

Posted on: 2018/3/19 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/3/18 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
TonyTwoPoops wrote: Quote:
Monroe wrote: I guess all the workers who received bonuses that their CEO's said came from tax reform didn't happen. But they did. Oopsie.
Oops there you go being distracted by something shiny again and ignoring the big picture! Those bonuses are basically nothing compared to what they have saved on tax breaks. Wow a pay increase to a whole $11/hr from Walmart who saved BILLIONS, is run by the RICHEST people in the country, and pushes their workers to apply for public assistance? They are still paying poverty wages even with that tax break. http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/30/news/ ... worker-bonuses/index.html Walmart, for example, said on January 11 that it would raise its minimum wage to $11 an hour and give employees a one-time bonus of up to $1,000. In all, the initiatives cost $700 million, the company said.Later in the month, Walmart announced that it was buying back $4 billion in company debt. A Walmart spokesman said tax reform was "not the incentive" behind the buyback. Related: Some of the companies giving out raises and bonuses because of tax reform Wells Fargo raised its minimum wage to $15 an hour, from $13.50. Adorable how once you have been disproven you just immediately deflect to something else so you don?t have to deal with the reality that you are being conned. You look like a fool.
There you go again sounding like Nancy Pelosi talking about returning money to taxpayers as being nothing but "crumbs" when her net worth is about $200 MILLION after how many years of government service? These working people are doing better than they were under 12 years of the previous administrations... apparently increasing hourly wages to $15 per hour is only good if companies suffer and the costs of goods or service increase to consumers. Neither happened and the democrats are pissed off? Why?

Posted on: 2018/3/18 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Of course the corporations who pay all the taxes will keep the bulk of the returns. And not only pay higher wages, pay bonuses, and increase 401k matches-but invest in expansion and increase dividends. This ain't Venezuela.

Just think of it this way-they're not getting the lions share, but they're getting more than Obama delivered. MAGA!

Posted on: 2018/3/18 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Monroe wrote: I guess all the workers who received bonuses that their CEO's said came from tax reform didn't happen. But they did. Oopsie.
Oops there you go being distracted by something shiny again and ignoring the big picture! Those bonuses are basically nothing compared to what they have saved on tax breaks. Wow a pay increase to a whole $11/hr from Walmart who saved BILLIONS, is run by the RICHEST people in the country, and pushes their workers to apply for public assistance? They are still paying poverty wages even with that tax break. http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/30/news/ ... worker-bonuses/index.html Walmart, for example, said on January 11 that it would raise its minimum wage to $11 an hour and give employees a one-time bonus of up to $1,000. In all, the initiatives cost $700 million, the company said.Later in the month, Walmart announced that it was buying back $4 billion in company debt. A Walmart spokesman said tax reform was "not the incentive" behind the buyback. Related: Some of the companies giving out raises and bonuses because of tax reform Wells Fargo raised its minimum wage to $15 an hour, from $13.50. Adorable how once you have been disproven you just immediately deflect to something else so you don?t have to deal with the reality that you are being conned. You look like a fool.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I guess all the workers who received bonuses that their CEO's said came from tax reform didn't happen.

But they did. Oopsie.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Tony, Obama was blaming Bush right up to his last day in office. His 'signature' healthcare program didn't get a single Republican-Democrats put exactly what tbey wanted in it (even if it had to be passed to know what was in it). So they own the disaster it's turned out to be. "Like your plan and doctor"?

As far as job creation and tax relief under our President spend a minute and do some research-many CEOs credit Trump and his policies for the surge-including the manufacturing jobs Obama said would never return. Are you telling me the new jobs in the steel industry had anything to do with Obama?

JCRider, yes you may not be in the 80% getting tax relief-but with that real estate tax you're paying obviously you own a valuable home. SALT deductions favored high tax states with bloated spending-hopefully having this go away will cause second thoughts about wasteful spending. You're just going to have to pay your fair share, like Murphy is asking the well to do in NJ.

What Trump walked into and what Obama walked into are completely different. But I?m not going to bother explaining that to you because you?re just here to deflect until people get tired of disproving you and ignore you.

No matter how much you repeat his lies that doesn?t make them true sweetie.

?The Trade Partnership, a consulting firm, says the tariffs would increase U.S. employment in the steel and aluminum sector by about 33,000 jobs but would cost 179,000 jobs in the rest of the economy.?

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go. ... l-industry-story-53711093

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reut ... article/amp/idUSKBN1CV38Q

Those CEO?s have no plan to pass tax breaks onto the workers.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
To all you Liberal Dems that voted this idiot in - good for you, you're getting what you deserve. How come when New Jerseyians get hit with more taxes because of Trumps tax plan it's bad but when this a-hole promises the world and raises taxes on everything it's OK?

Because trumps plan disproportionately benefits corporations and the already rich instead of regular working class people ya rube. Trump and the GOP have convinced you that regular people do not deserve access to health care or a decent education. But the already wealthy need MORE tax breaks when they are already hoarding 80% of the wealth in this country? Get a clue.

Absolutely... And Trump is trying to glom another $20 million from the porn industry.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 11:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_rider wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Tony, you're unaware that 80% of taxpayers are keeping more of their money? !

^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||
Biggest lie ever. Yeah I noticed some paycheck increase but guess what it is temporary unlike corporate cuts. Combined loca/state tax + property tax deduction is reduced to 10K. I pay 13K on property taxes alone and there goes my state tax deductions. Did the math and will end up paying more than pay check increase at the end of the year. They put into my one pocket some and take out more from the other. Ohh they rigged it nicely for the high earners to reduce their top tax bracket to offset the loss of their deductions.

You do realize your property tax is levied by the state, right?? So "they" aren't the same. The federal government gives money back into one pocket, while your state rapes your other pocket. And unfortunately the $10k cap clearly hasn't changed behavior at the state level because Murphy is going to spend like no one has ever seen before. But, like all you simple folks love saying "at least he's no Christie!" Riiiiiiiight....let's see how that works out in 4 years.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 9:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tony, Obama was blaming Bush right up to his last day in office. His 'signature' healthcare program didn't get a single Republican-Democrats put exactly what tbey wanted in it (even if it had to be passed to know what was in it). So they own the disaster it's turned out to be. "Like your plan and doctor"?

As far as job creation and tax relief under our President spend a minute and do some research-many CEOs credit Trump and his policies for the surge-including the manufacturing jobs Obama said would never return. Are you telling me the new jobs in the steel industry had anything to do with Obama?

JCRider, yes you may not be in the 80% getting tax relief-but with that real estate tax you're paying obviously you own a valuable home. SALT deductions favored high tax states with bloated spending-hopefully having this go away will cause second thoughts about wasteful spending. You're just going to have to pay your fair share, like Murphy is asking the well to do in NJ.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 4:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Tony, you're unaware that 80% of taxpayers are keeping more of their money? !

^^^^^^^^
||||||||||||||
Biggest lie ever. Yeah I noticed some paycheck increase but guess what it is temporary unlike corporate cuts. Combined loca/state tax + property tax deduction is reduced to 10K. I pay 13K on property taxes alone and there goes my state tax deductions. Did the math and will end up paying more than pay check increase at the end of the year. They put into my one pocket some and take out more from the other. Ohh they rigged it nicely for the high earners to reduce their top tax bracket to offset the loss of their deductions.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
BS. All if the companies hiring are stating it's because of optimism and regulations that encourage growth.

As far as healthcare-what happened to Obama and his $2,500 per family savings? Talk about shiny penny. Move out of the way, if you don't want to ride the train steamrolling towards America becoming great again!

I mean a very basic google search shows most economists are saying job growth has been an increasing trend for years since obama was in office but sure buddy- it?s ?optimism?. Decreasing regulation only benefits corporations and exploits our environment and workers- it?s not a good thing unless you value profit over people.

Can you do any thinking for yourself without deflecting to Obama or Hilary? People have already explained to you (like you?re a child) that republicans fought that healthcare bill every step of the way so that it became a shell of what it was supposed to be. Grow up.

Posted on: 2018/3/18 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
BS. All if the companies hiring are stating it's because of optimism and regulations that encourage growth.

As far as healthcare-what happened to Obama and his $2,500 per family savings? Talk about shiny penny. Move out of the way, if you don't want to ride the train steamrolling towards America becoming great again!

Posted on: 2018/3/17 22:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Tony, you're unaware that 80% of taxpayers are keeping more of their money? Or that job growth is exploding, with black and Latino unemployment is at record lows? Wow, if that happened with a Democrat you'd be over the moon!

Tax returns mean shit when health insurance premiums are cost prohibitive and we are gutting fundamental social services that we are allegedly too broke to fund. Real easy to get you distracted and excited by something shiny huh? It?s also been proven that the unemployment rate is a reflection of the work done by the previous administration and Trump has done absolutely nothing to increase jobs except for all the available openings in his cabinet as people flee.

I?d rather pay more taxes and not have people dying from preventable diseases they can?t afford treatment for. Most people who aren?t sociopaths feel this way. I?m sorry you aren?t capable of empathy. Seek help.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tony, you're unaware that 80% of taxpayers are keeping more of their money? Or that job growth is exploding, with black and Latino unemployment is at record lows? Wow, if that happened with a Democrat you'd be over the moon!

Posted on: 2018/3/17 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The ultra rich get more $ back because they pay more in, isn't that obvious? You can't count the 47% who pay no Federal income tax and complain they get nothing back from the nothing they put in, lol.

If you are hoarding all the wealth and exploiting your employees by paying so little that they need public assistance you sure as fuck should be paying more taxes. There is no reason corporations or the 1% need or deserve any additional tax breaks. You need to look inside yourself and wonder why you think you or anyone else should tolerate being exploited by a government that values profit over its own people.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The ultra rich get more $ back because they pay more in, isn't that obvious? You can't count the 47% who pay no Federal income tax and complain they get nothing back from the nothing they put in, lol.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
To all you Liberal Dems that voted this idiot in - good for you, you're getting what you deserve. How come when New Jerseyians get hit with more taxes because of Trumps tax plan it's bad but when this a-hole promises the world and raises taxes on everything it's OK?

Because trumps plan disproportionately benefits corporations and the already rich instead of regular working class people ya rube. Trump and the GOP have convinced you that regular people do not deserve access to health care or a decent education. But the already wealthy need MORE tax breaks when they are already hoarding 80% of the wealth in this country? Get a clue.

Posted on: 2018/3/17 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/3/17 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
lol. california was a disaster until jerry brown came in and restored order. guess what, he did what needed to be done, including raising taxes.

Yeah it's never a spending problem always a revenue problem. Yeah right. Funny how that doesn't float in the private sector.

Posted on: 2018/3/16 3:26

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017