Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Permits for demolitions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The story is now in the Jersey City Reporter on demolition and the heights is the target.http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... ps-?instance=latest_story

Posted on: 2018/3/4 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
THAT'S BECAUSE THE HOUSES ARE WORTH MORE MONEY NOW YOU DUNDERHEAD. If your $50,000 shack gained $2 million in value you should be thrilled to pay whatever amount of taxes come at you because you are RICH. Development doesn't raise your taxes arbitrarily, it raises your taxes because you're RICH AND OWN A $2 MILLION HOUSE.

Posted on: 2018/3/3 1:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The redevelopment of downtown has lead to higher taxes. No other part of JC has seen similar development and no other parts are looking at $20K to $40K tax bills.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
it's like Yvonne lives in bizarro world where everything is backwards.

Posted on: 2018/3/2 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
I don't think he was saying the map was the falsehood you keep peddling; more likely it was your assertion that more redevelopment leads to higher taxes. I mean, he pretty much said exactly that.

THANK YOU. I don't know why I bother trying to reason with her. It is a futile endeavor. She simply refuses to listen. Sad.

Posted on: 2018/2/28 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think he was saying the map was the falsehood you keep peddling; more likely it was your assertion that more redevelopment leads to higher taxes. I mean, he pretty much said exactly that.

Posted on: 2018/2/28 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I went to the caucus yesterday and one of the topics discussed was permits for demolitions. I saw the map given to the council people and apparently, most of the permits are in the heights area of JC. So it is redevelopment today and high taxes tomorrow.

Another falsehood from the resident disinformation professional. Those who oppose additional development are literally campaigning for higher taxes. More people means more taxpayers, and that in turn could help lower taxes for everyone.

If this is false, then contact any councilperson and ask them for a copy of the sites for the permits. I actually asked a councilperson if I could see his copy, he lent me his copy and I returned it. Let me remind you, everyone has 3 councilpersons, which is the ward person and 3 at-large. I am sure if you contact any of the 4, one of them will give you a copy of the graph that shows the demolition permits. By the way, no one named bodhipooh was at the causcus meeting on 2/26/18. However, there is still time to place your name on the council agenda for Wednesday meeting and ask about the demolition permits. But then again, that means, you are wrong and you will not bother.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I went to the caucus yesterday and one of the topics discussed was permits for demolitions. I saw the map given to the council people and apparently, most of the permits are in the heights area of JC. So it is redevelopment today and high taxes tomorrow.

Another falsehood from the resident disinformation professional. Those who oppose additional development are literally campaigning for higher taxes. More people means more taxpayers, and that in turn could help lower taxes for everyone.

Posted on: 2018/2/27 22:39

Permits for demolitions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/2/27 19:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017