Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City puts end to police officers working off-duty jobs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City moves to ax off-duty jobs for cops

JERSEY CITY — Mayor Steve Fulop and Public Safety Director James Shea announced at City Hall today that the city is moving forward with a plan to dismantle a program that allowed cops to work off-duty gigs, angering officers who say Fulop is punishing the entire force for the actions of a handful of bad cops.

The move comes as the program is under intense federal scrutiny, with 11 people, including ex-Police Chief Phil Zacche, admitting their involvement in a scheme that allowed officers to accept payments for off-duty jobs they didn't work. Shea said today officers' misconduct related to off-duty jobs is "much more widely spread" than what is publicly known and he suggested that the entire force knew about the malfeasance.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... f-duty_jobs_for_cops.html

Posted on: 2/14 17:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SixthBoro wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

SixthBoro wrote:
Frozen for 2 years at 37k. They can't even afford to live here!

You mean rookies, not rank and file. This is part of the smoke and mirrors of cop contracts, they can point to their poor underpaid rookies that they threw under the bus in the last contract since they weren't there to vote.

Or how a few years after they actually get that step, they get frozen again?

Okay, i'll bite, how long are they at this next "frozen" step and how much is that pay? Since you seem close to the conversation, I'm interested in seeing the pay scale cause I see many youngish looking cops driving BMWs, Benzs and late model SUVs. Many officers I know from my home town own boats and jetskis and many other toys. How is that possible if the pay is so bad?

Make no mistake, I am not anti cop and I appreciate that it can be a tough job at times...a lot of family and friends are police but the "woe is me" gets old when EVERYONE sees a detail on a job site getting paid time and a half sitting in their civilian cars or standing on a corner texting.

Posted on: 2/7 11:22
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

SixthBoro wrote:

You mean rookies, not rank and file. This is part of the smoke and mirrors of cop contracts, they can point to their poor underpaid rookies that they threw under the bus in the last contract since they weren't there to vote.

Or how a few years after they actually get that step, they get frozen again?

Posted on: 2/7 8:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SixthBoro wrote:

Posted on: 2/5 21:20
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
Median income of 100k lol. Their contract is atrocious. Frozen for 2 years at 37k. They can't even afford to live here!

The contractor paid the city, whom in turn paid the cop. A portion of what is paid also goes to the city. The city made money off these details.

Posted on: 2/5 17:25
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Can we get some money back please

Posted on: 2/3 13:53
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Does this mean street construction will finally be able to use cheap flaggers like everyplace else in the universe instead of paying cops to stand around looking at their phones?

Posted on: 2/3 13:21
Print Top

Jersey City puts end to police officers working off-duty jobs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
JERSEY CITY -
Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop has pledged to put an end to city police officers working off-duty jobs in the wake of a corruption scandal within the department for doing just that.

Fulop made the announcement on Twitter Tuesday. He says that the median income for a Jersey City police officer is about $100,000. He says that some officers were able to make double or triple that amount by working off-duty jobs.

Fulop says that his issue is that corrupt police officers have been defrauding the city by filling out and submitting time sheets for off-duty work that they never actually did.

“We don’t think that the stain that this program has put on the reputation of the city is something that should continue,” Fulop says. “We’re going to eliminate it.”

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/374 ... ers-working-off-duty-jobs

Posted on: 2/3 10:40
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017