Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Legal Weed Is Coming to New Jersey
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
I know that "traditional" smokers are not a protected class, and landlords can write and enforce no-smoking provisions in their leases. Are people who are allowed "medical marijuana" a protected class? Can a landlord prohibit them from renting a home?

Interested in knowing the legal issues here - particularly those related to other tenants' health, second-hand smoke, and residual smoke impact on the living space.

I would think that given the non-smoke alternatives like edibles and concentrates, particularly for the medical uses, there should be no reason actual smoking should be protected.

Posted on: 2018/1/14 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
I know that "traditional" smokers are not a protected class, and landlords can write and enforce no-smoking provisions in their leases. Are people who are allowed "medical marijuana" a protected class? Can a landlord prohibit them from renting a home?

Interested in knowing the legal issues here - particularly those related to other tenants' health, second-hand smoke, and residual smoke impact on the living space.

I just wish people would stop asking logical questions related to how this cannabis decriminalization / sales process will work. All you need to know is that everyone in Oregon, California and Colorado are very happy with their laws and that these types of illegitimate obstructionist questions are only delaying the will of the people. And yes... cannabis users will become a protected class because of the taxes they will be paying.

Posted on: 2018/1/14 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/1/14 16:49

Re: Jersey City's approach to legalization:
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
perhaps the na's will take a nimby approach, or maybe next. was there a lot of na resistance in other states/cities that allow municipal marijuana. i would think ideal locations would be along the commercial strips Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Time to for supporters to pack the NA meetings and demand they be allowed to be opened Downtown. The NIMBYs in those groups will relegate these shops to dangerous and obscure parts of the city if they can and will most likely use hyperbolic "think of the children arguments" to get the city to comply.

Traditionally in Jersey City planning and zoning boards will suggest that property and business owners visit the neighborhood associations to iron out any concerns. Often cafe/restaurant owners will make nice and bring free baked goods or the like to these meetings. I wonder how this will now play out.....

Posted on: 2018/1/14 5:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The cops better start testing for pot use at car crashes. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/21/auto-c ... -in-marijuana-states.html

Posted on: 2018/1/13 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
perhaps the na's will take a nimby approach, or maybe next. was there a lot of na resistance in other states/cities that allow municipal marijuana. i would think ideal locations would be along the commercial strips Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Time to for supporters to pack the NA meetings and demand they be allowed to be opened Downtown. The NIMBYs in those groups will relegate these shops to dangerous and obscure parts of the city if they can and will most likely use hyperbolic "think of the children arguments" to get the city to comply.

Posted on: 2018/1/11 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2018/1/11 16:27

Jersey City's approach to legalization:
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Steven Fulop@StevenFulop

I?m a supporter of legalization of marijuana + in next few weeks our planning dept is going to clean up JC zoning laws so that we can get ahead of where we?ll allow/not allow dispensaries, grow facilities etc. we want our zoning to be clear w/community input + to avoid lawsuits

Posted on: 2018/1/11 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
legal weed in jersey city would be great as long asthe city gets its fair share of the tax revenue.Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
By Payton Guion pguion@njadvancemedia.com,
NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

With the marijuana legalization debate set to heat up this year in New Jersey, leaders in two of the state's highest-profile towns say they have no problem with weed businesses in their cities.

Should state lawmakers legalize pot, count Jersey City and Asbury Park among those likely to be a part of what could eventually be a billion-dollar industry.

A bill to legalize recreational marijuana lets municipalities to decide if they want to allow pot sales and production, or miss out on millions in tax revenue.

On Wednesday, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop tweeted that he and city officials would be working with the public to "clean up" zoning laws to clarify where dispensaries and grow facilities would be allowed to operate.

More

Posted on: 2018/1/11 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Community input, eh? Avoid lawsuits, eh? That should be fun ;)

Posted on: 2018/1/11 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Payton Guion pguion@njadvancemedia.com,
NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

With the marijuana legalization debate set to heat up this year in New Jersey, leaders in two of the state's highest-profile towns say they have no problem with weed businesses in their cities.

Should state lawmakers legalize pot, count Jersey City and Asbury Park among those likely to be a part of what could eventually be a billion-dollar industry.

A bill to legalize recreational marijuana lets municipalities to decide if they want to allow pot sales and production, or miss out on millions in tax revenue.

On Wednesday, Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop tweeted that he and city officials would be working with the public to "clean up" zoning laws to clarify where dispensaries and grow facilities would be allowed to operate.

More

Posted on: 2018/1/10 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
LOL! I wouldn't know!!! Why don't all the senators in the "legal" states band together to produce some remedial federal legislation?

That might actually be happening.

Congressmen and governors, from both parties, are furious over Sessions' plans to enforce federal marijuana laws. Some are upset over the claim that it violates federalist principles; some because they want to protect a nascent industry that is generating billions in state tax revenues.

There are stocks and ETFs for marijuana companies, which obviously took a bit of a hit. Even stocks for legitimate businesses (like Scotts, which makes fertilizer) dropped after Sessions' announcement.

While I don't think it will happen any time soon, it seems to me that federal legalization is inevitable. It's already getting too big and too popular to stop.

Posted on: 2018/1/7 0:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/13 22:07
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
On another right tending site the response to the "state's rights" argument was, and I more or less quote: "you didn't support states rights for me about the federal govt persecuting Christians and Southerners, so fuck you even though I agree with your position". And there's why bipartisanism is dead, if you don't support them when you disagree with them, they won't support you even when they do. This place is a mess.

This place? You mean the USA? I'm from the UK and lived in Hong Kong for three years before moving here - political discourse is awful globally.

I personally believe that social media and the modern news cycles have pushed both sides - left and right - into a state of constant panic. People don't act friendly or think rationally when they're scared.

Also people act like dicks on the Internet, anyways. That same person who wrote that vile message is probably quite friendly and tolerating of your views in the flesh.

Posted on: 2018/1/6 22:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
On another right tending site the response to the "state's rights" argument was, and I more or less quote: "you didn't support states rights for me about the federal govt persecuting Christians and Southerners, so fuck you even though I agree with your position". And there's why bipartisanism is dead, if you don't support them when you disagree with them, they won't support you even when they do. This place is a mess.

Posted on: 2018/1/5 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
See what early-morning sarcasm gets you? Being publicly exposed as lazy and a substance abuser. LOL!

Posted on: 2018/1/5 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
LOL! I wouldn't know!!! Why don't all the senators in the "legal" states band together to produce some remedial federal legislation?

Posted on: 2018/1/5 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
K-Lo2 wrote: Yes, I was being sarcastic, and also lazy....according to some.
lazy is a side effect of cannabis abuse

Posted on: 2018/1/5 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I was being sarcastic, and also lazy....according to some.

Posted on: 2018/1/5 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
Brewster, states' rights apply only to guns.

K, I've always respected your opinions but this last comment from you just leaves me scratching my head. Guns are the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. States can set all kinds of things, like taxation, legal age to drive or drink or even marry without parental consent just off the top of my head. Please explain your comment if you have a chance. Thanks,

I am pretty sure K_Lo2 was being sarcastic, in agreement with the sentiment expressed by Brewster in his comment. I find both posts to be lazy criticism, as it is clear that not EVERYTHING is up to states to regulate. But, I also think that most of these discussions are moot, as most people have made up their minds one way or the other and are unlikely to be swayed. Clearly, conservatives agree that some matters are the purview of the federal government.

Posted on: 2018/1/5 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:

K, I've always respected your opinions but this last comment from you just leaves me scratching my head. Guns are the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. States can set all kinds of things, like taxation, legal age to drive or drink or even marry without parental consent just off the top of my head. Please explain your comment if you have a chance. Thanks,

Posted on: 2018/1/5 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/1/5 13:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
It's funny how these right wing assholes are all for "states rights" until it's for something they're against.

Posted on: 2018/1/4 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i saw this. i guess i'll have to go to canada

Posted on: 2018/1/4 16:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Wonder if this will slow down progress toward legal weed before it even starts.

https://apnews.com/19f6bfec15a74733b40eaf0ff9162bfa

Posted on: 2018/1/4 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
We have restaurant row for Newark ave next we need Cannabis row for JSQ.

Downtown can have the food and alcohol while JSQ can have the weed and entertainment. Wouldn't it be great to have comedy clubs, billiards, arcades, concerts (Loews Theater), indoor skydiving, wave runners, trampoline parks, laser tag etc all in one place?

Jersey City needs to take advantage of this and set it up to bring in the tourist from NYC and the burbs that would flock to something like that before NYC speeds the process up to do the same once they see how successful it is and how much money they are losing out on.

So no one for a Cannabis Row in JSQ with entertainment? Lol

LOL it seems like you are on to something! It could be called .... Xanadu!

This litterally made me laugh out loud.

Posted on: 2018/1/2 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Downtown can have the food and alcohol while JSQ can have the weed and entertainment. Wouldn't it be great to have comedy clubs, billiards, arcades, concerts (Loews Theater), indoor skydiving, wave runners, trampoline parks, laser tag etc all in one place?

Jersey City needs to take advantage of this and set it up to bring in the tourist from NYC and the burbs that would flock to something like that before NYC speeds the process up to do the same once they see how successful it is and how much money they are losing out on.

LOL it seems like you are on to something! It could be called .... Xanadu!

Posted on: 2018/1/2 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Posted on: 2018/1/2 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I read that California expects to raise $1 BILLION in tax revenue due to marijuana sales. if nj legalized and taxed it, it could use extra revenue to fund underfunded pensions, etc....although I wonder if many public employees wouldn't be better off in 401k type plan as they would be able to leave money to heirs

Posted on: 2018/1/2 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/27/techn ... g-costs-seattle/index.htm

isn't stoned drivers one reaon why amazon is no considering oregon?

No.

WeedMan wants out of jail because...

" He's further concerned that the bill makes no mention of job protection for those who may be drug tested by employers and test positive for marijuana."

WTF... why does my boss at the local 3P Contract Amazon Distro Center want to mess with my buzz?

Posted on: 2017/12/31 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/27/techn ... g-costs-seattle/index.htm

isn't stoned drivers one reaon why amazon is no considering oregon?

No.

Posted on: 2017/12/31 17:27

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017