Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man shot dead on Brunswick St in Downtown 1/1/18
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Caitlin Mota
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- The new year got off to a violent start in Jersey City, with one man killed and another injured in shootings during the first hours of 2018.

Four shootings were reported between 2 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Monday, city spokeswoman Kimberly Scalcione said.

The first shooting occurred at about 2:15 a.m. on Washington Boulevard near Newport Mall and no injuries were reported.

A few hours later, a 44-year-old man was shot three times in the abdomen near Martin Luther King Drive and Virginia Avenue. The victim was allegedly involved in a bar fight with someone he did not know before he was shot, Scalcione said.

At about 6:30 a.m., 23-year-old Taiwon Robinson was shot in the head near Montgomery and Brunswick streets. He was brought to the hospital where he died, authorities previously announced.

In the final shooting of the day, a resident walked into the West District to report a car had been damaged near Martin Luther King Drive and Warner Avenue. Police recovered shell casings from the intersection, Scalcione said.

Photos of the scene show at least 13 shell casings were located. Last month, a 28-year-old was fatally shot in the same spot where the shell casings were recovered.

Posted on: 2018/1/3 1:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Caitlin Mota
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- A 23-year-old's New Year's Day death is expected to be ruled the first homicide in Hudson County in 2018 after authorities say he was shot in the head.

Taiwon Robinson, of Jersey City, was found unresponsive near Brunswick and Montgomery streets at about 6:15 a.m. after reports of a possible shooting, Hudson County Prosecutor Esther Suarez announced.

He was brought to Jersey City Medical Center where he was pronounced dead just after 7 p.m., she said. The shooting occurred in the alleyway of a residential complex near Ferris High School.

More

Posted on: 2018/1/2 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
...While I am glad to see homicides down, letting the shootings continue even if less people are being killed increases the likely hood of some "well respected" gang leader being killed eventually starting an even bigger chain of retaliation on the streets...

If this is gang related - what gang controls the "Brunswick Street residential complex" townhouses?

Posted on: 2018/1/2 9:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Man fatally shot on Brunswick Street in Jersey City
Updated 9:35 PM; Posted 8:15 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald tmcdonald@jjournal.com
The Jersey Journal

A man in his 20s was fatally shot at a Brunswick Street residential complex in the early morning hours of New Year's Day in Jersey City, the county's prosecutor says.

It is not clear yet whether the shooting will be classified a homicide. The prosecutor's office said today its homicide unit is investigating the shooting.

Blood could still be seen on the courtyard pavement this morning. The complex is located just off Montgomery Street across the street from Ferris High School.

A 48-year-old man who was standing near the scene of the shooting said his mother, who lives nearby, heard what she believed was a gunshot -- "a big boom" -- at about 6:30 this morning.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... t.html#incart_river_index

Posted on: 2018/1/2 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/1/2 1:48
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Speaking of crime statistics, for 2017, as of 12/28:

20 homicides (down from 24 the previous year)

Non-fatal: 105 incidents with 125 victims (about the same as last year -- 106 incidents, 135 victims)

Small drops in assaults, robberies

Moderate increase (17% in burglaries)

Sexual assaults are up (though this may be due to more people reporting assaults, as one might imagine based on this year's events)

While is is no comfort to the individual victims, it's a small improvement over last year.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... structuring_are_2017.html

"Last year, the city provided grossly under-reported numbers of nonfatal shootings to The Jersey Journal in a year-end meeting. In January, city officials said there were 80 shooting incidents in 2016 compared to 69 in 2015."

I wonder if they are under reporting the shootings this year as well. I believe crime in general will continue to decline but I want to see more done about the shootings. That report came out before the year was finished and I know of at least 3 separate incidents with gunshot victims that didn't make that list. That report just shows shooting incidents have rose 3 years in a row like I been saying on here.

While I am glad to see homicides down, letting the shootings continue even if less people are being killed increases the likely hood of some "well respected" gang leader being killed eventually starting an even bigger chain of retaliation on the streets. Notice the number of shooting have increased in the morning, afternoon and early evening in the last couple years. The saying nothing good happens after 10pm hasn't been able to apply to shootings lately.

Posted on: 2018/1/2 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
rlsmedia.com links are VERY common in jclist.com. And, in fact, they tend to be better at covering "breaking news" of criminal incidents, sometimes reporting on shootings and other criminal activity missed (or, ignored?) by the Jersey Journal.

Sure they are.

News 12 report says body was found at corner of Brunswick & Montgomery.
Does sound like another case of someone dropping body near the Hospital.

Another case? Like I said name one case of someone dropping off a body in that area in the past like you claim has happened before.

I know what you are trying to do, you read through RLS Media and saw another article about a shooting a couple hours before this one where the victim was transported by a private vehicle and you are going to wait until the JJ mentions it to try to make your spin more believable.

So name these other incidents of gunshot victims being dropped off there? The closest you will get is of the man who died while driving himself to JCMC on Grand and a handful of cases people were dropped of on Grand within a block of the hospital.

Here is the other shooting that happened this morning.
https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/jerse ... -hospital-private-vehicle

Posted on: 2018/1/2 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking of crime statistics, for 2017, as of 12/28:

20 homicides (down from 24 the previous year)

Non-fatal: 105 incidents with 125 victims (about the same as last year -- 106 incidents, 135 victims)

Small drops in assaults, robberies

Moderate increase (17% in burglaries)

Sexual assaults are up (though this may be due to more people reporting assaults, as one might imagine based on this year's events)

While is is no comfort to the individual victims, it's a small improvement over last year.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... structuring_are_2017.html

Posted on: 2018/1/2 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
rlsmedia.com links are VERY common in jclist.com. And, in fact, they tend to be better at covering "breaking news" of criminal incidents, sometimes reporting on shootings and other criminal activity missed (or, ignored?) by the Jersey Journal.

Sure RLS Media is...

The News 12 report says body of a male in his 20s was found at the corner of Brunswick & Montgomery -- so who knows. I'll be happy to hear more real details.

Posted on: 2018/1/2 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
http://newjersey.news12.com/story/371 ... tally-shot-in-jersey-city

I'm sure the JJ will cover it eventually tonight but it being a holiday I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until tomorrow. So far the only info is date, time, location and that the victim may have been in his 20s.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I think I'll wait for better coverage elsewhere -- I've never heard of

rlsmedia.com

Website description: RLS Media is a website that covers news about breaking news and politics.

You are (obviously) not one for a keen eye to details, or someone with good memory: rlsmedia.com links are VERY common in jclist.com. And, in fact, they tend to be better at covering "breaking news" of criminal incidents, sometimes reporting on shootings and other criminal activity missed (or, ignored?) by the Jersey Journal.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
That's pretty funny being as you were the first to comment on it.

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

rlsmedia.com

Website description: RLS Media is a website that covers news about breaking news and politics.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

rlsmedia.com

Posted on: 2018/1/1 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
New Years Eve...that is one of those "public" housing "low income" townhouses behind the Old Colony shopping center. In the past there has also been injured people who were dropped in that area since it is near the Hospital - since the friends dropping the injured don't want to be on hospital cameras.

This happened this morning so it was New Years Day, not New Years Eve.

Yes it happened at the Montgomery Gateway complex near Ferris HS near the corner of Brunswick and Montgomery. Yes gunshot victims have been dropped off a block away from JCMC but never that far away. You are making up that people have been shot and dropped off there in the past, name one time? I have posted a couple months ago other shootings not far from this one. A day time shooting by Old Colony and another shooting in the Van Vorst Park area all a short walk from this homicide.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I disagree. The JCPD doesn't need JC list to compile crime statistics. The truth is that GP saw a post that said that some was found shot on Brunswick street and felt the need to look up the address to quell their anxiety about where it happened. We don't know whether the victim was "low income" or not.

If posters on this site cared about crime stats, we would see many more posts regarding crime in Greenville and Lafayette.

Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
I don't think it matters whether the person is of "low income." Somone lost their life this morning. Making yourself feel better about where it happened is irrelevant.

I think GP made a very significant point and is relevant. I am sure municipal governments, insurance companies, police departments, and health facilities look at these incidents and measure the statistics to see if there is a pattern and where the source of this dilemma is attributed.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
I don't think it matters whether the person is of "low income." Somone lost their life this morning. Making yourself feel better about where it happened is irrelevant.

I think GP made a very significant point and is relevant. I am sure municipal governments, insurance companies, police departments, and health facilities look at these incidents and measure the statistics to see if there is a pattern and where the source of this dilemma is attributed.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 21:13
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think it matters whether the person is of "low income." Somone lost their life this morning. Making yourself feel better about where it happened is irrelevent.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
New Years Eve...that is one of those "public" housing "low income" townhouses behind the Old Colony shopping center. In the past there has also been injured people who were dropped in that area since it is near the Hospital - since the friends dropping the injured don't want to be on hospital cameras.

Posted on: 2018/1/1 20:36

Man shot dead on Brunswick St in Downtown 1/1/18
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
BREAKING JERSEY CITY: Male Found Suffering Gunshot Wounds to the Head in Jersey City

Jan 1 2018 - 6:37am

There are life-threatening injuries reported for a shooting victim found in a Jersey City neighborhood a short time ago.

Police responded to the vicinity of 38 Brunswick Street at approximately 6:20 a.m. where they found the unconscious male suffering gunshot wounds to the head according to reports.

EMS are in the process of transporting the victim to Jersey City Medical Center at this time.

There is a crime scene established and an investigation underway. The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office has been notified.

UPDATED 6:57 am This is now a homicide investigation with the victim being pronounced.

DEVELOPING

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/break ... t-wounds-head-jersey-city

Posted on: 2018/1/1 19:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017