Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Today's Package Thief Alert
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/4 17:41
From Lincoln Park/McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Funny package thief story (if there is such a thing) - a few years ago someone stole an Amazon package off my front porch (sadly not the first or last time). It was a pet-hair attachment for my vacuum cleaner - neither particularly exciting nor valuable. I called Amazon and they replaced it. . .then several days later the original package (opened) and the vacuum attachment mysteriously appeared, thrown in the bushes in front of my house. Guess the thief was disappointed and decided to "return" his "gift"! Moral of the story - order boring stuff I guess?

Anyway Happy New Year everyone. . .keep fighting the good fight. . .

Posted on: 2017/12/29 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Some have thought of using exploding dye packs. I would love to see that video.

Posted on: 2017/12/29 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
That bobby trap does the job nicely, how about a mouse trap or something that will leave a lasting reminder on the culprit to take / hit home with them ?

Posted on: 2017/12/24 19:44
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
I always felt a little more responsibility wouldn't hurt and a little vigilance goes a long way. If you aren't there to accept your package to the minute, then have it relocated to a safe box/depot. Or... you can go crazy and do/buy what this guy has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do3qhctywZs

Either way, it may be good for laughs or a visit from Homeland. Who knows, it may even start a shootout. Just don't forget to post it on youtube.

Posted on: 2017/12/24 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
(From Hoboken - but the woman in the video could be operating in JC)

As the holiday gift-giving season ramps up, Police Chief Ken Ferrante says residents should focus on protecting their homes against a rash of package theft throughout the city.

Just last week, the department arrested Luis Medina, 37, of Jersey City and charged him with three counts of burglary, three counts of thefts, one count possession of burglary tools, and bail jumping in connection with alleged package thefts. He was apprehended in the 1200 block of Clinton Street.

Also last week, a Youtube user posted a video that appears to show a woman allegedly taking packages and mail from a Hoboken building.

Read more: Hudson Reporter - Caught on camera One alleged package thief arrested another suspect appears on video

Posted on: 2017/12/13 14:13

Today's Package Thief Alert
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/12 15:06
Group:
Registered Users
Today's package thief is the daily double!

Two vagrant looking, spanish speaking folks spotted on a stoop next to Albert's bodega on Coles St. today near 7th.

Man and woman. Both sitting, casually chatting while fondling delivered boxes from the doorstep behind them. When they saw me, the tossed the boxes and disappeared toward Hamilton Park (not guilty looking at all).

Both looked semi-homeless: Grocery pull-carts, untidy clothes, drunk mannerisms.

Posted on: 2017/9/15 19:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017