Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PSE&G: is this even legal?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Slightly different, but they got all nasty when they wanted to upgrade the gas meter on one of 5 meters (apts plus heat). I had told them they could have access when they were ready to change all 5 at once, and not jerk me around 5 times. They threatened to cut off service to the whole property, but finally escalated it to a supervisor who backed down. Haven't heard from them in a while. Company is too used to being a monopoly, customer convenience is last on the list.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I received similar threats from PSE&G for tenants that had not paid their bills. I just let them in and the locked out the tenant's electric and gas meters.

I recall one case where they actually physically yanked the service (removal of power lines) from a 2 family building on my block due to non payment.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

I would have a hard time believing PSEG would arbitrarily shutoff all the units. They have no idea if there are people in the building on any life support devices etc. Can't imagine why they would make their problem with one customer, a problem for all the other residents. Especially when a Management Co. could provide access.

Potentially sounds like one nice law suit? Save your letters and keep us posted

Posted on: 2017/11/27 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Maybe it's something the building management failed to do? They need access to the meters and its building management's job to ensure that's happening. Not directly neighbor's fault, in my opinion.

true. that was me jumping to conclusions. regardless of the source of their frustration, for a major utility company to take it out (or at least threaten to) on customers who've always been in good standing is, to me, just outrageous.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe it's something the building management failed to do? They need access to the meters and its building management's job to ensure that's happening. Not directly neighbor's fault, in my opinion.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 18:45

PSE&G: is this even legal?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
I received a letter from PSE&G stating that there is a problem in our building that requires them to shut off one of their meters, and since all of their attempts to gain access have failed, they plan to cut power and gas to the entire building.

I imagine this is due to my neighbor not paying her bill, and then not answering the door. she's a bit....intense, so I want no part of this, and resent PSE&G putting the onus on my household to give them access to her meter.

I'm letting the management company handle this. but how is it legal for a utility company to threaten to turn off the power and gas of customers who pay their bills on time??

Posted on: 2017/11/27 18:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017