Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man Found Stabbed in the Chest in Jersey City (Newark ave between Grove and Erie)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think the business in the report is relevant if the crime didn't happen inside. It might not of even happened outside of Porta or during business hours since no exact time is given. Usually police just write in the report the closest address to where the victim was found, it doesn't mean the crime occurred there. He could of got stabbed a few doors down and stumbled close to Porta when Police/EMS arrived on the scene or been in the middle of the plaza across from that place.

But that is why I think it is important for the JJ to cover these stories to give the missing details. I have noticed a pattern of under reporting crimes Downtown and a decent amount of the ones that are, have no location given or no intersecting streets. For example saying the crime occurred on Newark, Montgomery, Grand, Mercer, Wayne etc with out a cross street doesn't make it clear what neighborhood they occured in and one might assume it wasn't where it actually did.

Like User pointed out over the last year or so the same seems to be going on to a lesser degree with JSQ. An example of JSQ articles being misleading is the one about a shooting that happened at the Ramada in the summer was only originally reported as being on Tonnelle and at an unnamed motel instead of a hotel. That would lead most people to believe it happened in the Heights somewhere between Ringside and the North Bergen border instead of where it actually did.

Obviously I don't know for a fact this is going on but I noticed Michelangelo Conte seems to be the one that loves leaving out locations, intersecting streets and uses misleading info more than any reporter of the JJ. It makes me wonder if he is doing this on purpose.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 3:53

Re: Man Found Stabbed in the Chest in Jersey City (Newark ave between Grove and Erie)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Funny. The city I live in now releases a police report every week listing every incident with a date, time and location AND relevant details. The reports are broken down by zones/precincts. Jersey City is still mired in 1970's technology.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 2:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/16 6:03
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Would love to see the source of your quote because the only location quote I saw was that the incident occurred in the vicinity of 135 Newark Ave.

Maybe you and GrovePath can go down during the day and interview the business owners in the vicinity? It did say early morning... If it helps you, remember nothing good ever happens after midnight.

ROTFL ? you tried to Google that ?quote???

There?s no need for me to waste my time speaking to store owners / staff to figure out what goes down around here. Someone was stabbed in the vicinity of the Newark Ave Pedestrian Plaza, right there on JC's famous, high class, restaurant row. If anyone did know what happened, I've no doubt they wouldn?t tell me?. SMFH.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Probably because it would be bad press for them and unless they're involved at all it's not really relevant. If someone gets stabbed outside a residence, should they mention who lives at the residence?

+1 Maybe GrovePath can still stop by the two businesses and ask anyway?

I don?t particularly need to know the name of the DTJC business a crime occurred outside of, but I DO need to know the general vicinity. An address doesn't immediately help me with that - I have to Google it to find the location. Turns out 135 Newark Ave is in the middle of the pedestrian plaza in DTJC?s restaurant row.

I need that information for my own personal safety, so I know where to be careful and where to avoid completely. I need to know: ?The stabbing victim was found outside a restaurant located on the downtown Newark Ave pedestrian plaza?, so I can decide if, and when, I go to that vicinity.

Stabbings in the middle of supposedly safe, busy areas of DTJC concern me, as does the absence of news coverage about these crimes. What else doesn?t get reported, and why not??

Your google search in the first paragraph provided no information, that was not already known. Would love to see the source of your quote because the only location quote I saw was that the incident occurred in the vicinity of 135 Newark Ave.

Maybe you and GrovePath can go down during the day and interview the business owners in the vicinity? It did say early morning... If it helps you, remember nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

Because then they couldn't charge 2200/mo for a shitty basement studio in a "desirable" area.

+1 LOL. Yeah, so true?. But it?s the back story I?m most interested in.

Terrence, how ?bout you try to get the lowdown from your JJ buddy, intrepid Police Reporter, Michaelango Conte?? He should be on the job with these crime reports.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bamb00zle wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Probably because it would be bad press for them and unless they're involved at all it's not really relevant. If someone gets stabbed outside a residence, should they mention who lives at the residence?

I don?t particularly need to know the name of the DTJC business a crime occurred outside of, but I DO need to know the general vicinity. An address doesn't immediately help me with that - I have to Google it to find the location. Turns out 135 Newark Ave is in the middle of the pedestrian plaza in DTJC?s restaurant row.

I need that information for my own personal safety, so I know where to be careful and where to avoid completely. I need to know: ?The stabbing victim was found outside a restaurant located on the downtown Newark Ave pedestrian plaza?, so I can decide if, and when, I go to that vicinity.

Stabbings in the middle of supposedly safe, busy areas of DTJC concern me, as does the absence of news coverage about these crimes. What else doesn?t get reported, and why not??

Because then they couldn't charge 2200/mo for a shitty basement studio in a "desirable" area.

Posted on: 2017/11/21 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

Posted on: 2017/11/21 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The JJ has been in bed with developers downtown... forever. This is why you barley see news reports on Journal Square lately. They want to make people from the Midwest feel safe while paying 3k a month. Shit happens all over the city not just up the hill as they want you to believe.

Posted on: 2017/11/21 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

Posted on: 2017/11/21 12:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/21 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Email the JJ and ask them why some news stories don?t make it to print. My beef with the JJ is that they never seem to do follow up pieces.

The print edition of the JJ has this on page 3:

NEWS TIPS ..Call Managing Editor Ron Zeitlinger at 201-217-2429 or email rzeitlinger@jjournal.com

I noticed some JJ reporters include their email addresses in their pieces or you can click on a JJ reporters name and get their JJ email address.

Posted on: 2017/11/21 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Also wondering why these news reports/articles seemingly go out of their way to avoid mentioning the establishments in the vicinity of which these incidents happen. 135 Newark Ave is Porta, so why not mention that?

Posted on: 2017/11/21 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Article says it happened Friday late night or Saturday morning at Porto (135 Newark Ave) and Two Boots is right next door. If anyone is going by either and wants to ask one of them that could be interesting.

Posted on: 2017/11/21 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Since they moved to Secaucus, there seemed to be less reporting of crime in Jersey City, especially on the weekends. Does any of the reporters live in Jersey City?

Posted on: 2017/11/21 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
And not a whisper of a story in the JJ. Any new updates?

Wouldn't be surprised if they don't cover this. I have noticed over the years they seem to be selective with covering crimes Downtown. Sometimes when they do cover them they don't mention exact locations in the article.

For example they never reported on a man being shot in the Van Vorst Park area a couple months ago.

Posted on: 2017/11/21 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
And not a whisper of a story in the JJ. Any new updates?

Posted on: 2017/11/19 14:36

Man Found Stabbed in the Chest in Jersey City (Newark ave between Grove and Erie)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Nov 18 2017 - 6:25am

A man found stabbed in the chest in Jersey City early this morning has authorities investigating the exact motive for the incident.

Police were called to the vicinity of 135 Newark Avenue to investigate a report of a person bleeding at that locating.

Units arriving at the scene requested EMS on the rush after they found the male victim suffering a severe stab injury to the chest according to reports.

EMS rushed the victim to Jersey City Medical Center where he was listed in serious but stable condition as of early this morning.

Police have not arrested a suspect in the incident, and the motive is reported to be an attempted robbery.

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/male- ... stabbed-chest-jersey-city

Posted on: 2017/11/18 23:23

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017