Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: DOWNTOWN JC Dog Owners - Grass Area On Bay Street (across from Departed Soles)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

KMont484 wrote:
Hi all. Downtown JC residents - there is a large fenced in grassy area on Bay Street (across from the brewery). I was recently told that anyone can go in there and let their dogs run around off-leash. I thought it was private property. Does anyone know the real deal?

It IS private property AND there are posted signs specifically prohibiting the use of that area for walking dogs or letting them run loose.

In practice, people do it often (mostly during the day) including a few professional dog walkers that bring three or four dogs at a time. I have only seen someone (presumably a management office lackey) come out and tell people to leave on two occasions. For the most part, they seem to turn a blind eye.

If you are a dog owner, and choose to go in there, please have the decency to clean after your dog. The management at The One would allow people to use their parking lot and grassy area across the street as a pseudo giant dog run, until a few inconsiderate asswipes started to let dogs dig up holes in the grass and plant areas and some would not pick up after their dogs.

Posted on: 2017/11/10 11:46

Re: DOWNTOWN JC Dog Owners - Grass Area On Bay Street (across from Departed Soles)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
.... When the developer came in to build the 2nd tower, the dog walkers LOST. THEIR. MINDS. that "THEIR" grass (meaning grass that nobody had kicked them off of for a few years) was now being built up.

Eye roll.

Who was more angry? The dog owners who lost their grass or the people in 1st building who lost their view? :)

Posted on: 2017/11/10 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
it is of course private property, but who knows maybe the property owner doesn't care. Reminds me of the time back when Trump Tower only had the first building up and locals walked their dog on the land that was not yet developed. When the developer came in to build the 2nd tower, the dog walkers LOST. THEIR. MINDS. that "THEIR" grass (meaning grass that nobody had kicked them off of for a few years) was now being built up.

Eye roll.

Posted on: 2017/11/9 19:04

DOWNTOWN JC Dog Owners - Grass Area On Bay Street (across from Departed Soles)

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/30 17:01
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all. Downtown JC residents - there is a large fenced in grassy area on Bay Street (across from the brewery). I was recently told that anyone can go in there and let their dogs run around off-leash. I thought it was private property. Does anyone know the real deal?

Posted on: 2017/11/9 16:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017