Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Couldn’t vote listed as “mail in”
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was not going to leave the voting booth without casting my votes on the questions. The red lettering is hard to read.

Which is why the county goes to considerable lengths and expense to provide you with a sample ballot several days in advance, via mail - so you don't have to stand in there all day, taking up everyone else's time.

Yes the county also spends money to deliver two voting booths to my poll station and we waited in line because one did not work. Was not quite all day, but it was to long.

Also believe they sent out an inaccurate ballot one year. They get it right occasionally, which makes for a pleasant surprise.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 23:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was not going to leave the voting booth without casting my votes on the questions. The red lettering is hard to read.

Which is why the county goes to considerable lengths and expense to provide you with a sample ballot several days in advance, via mail - so you don't have to stand in there all day, taking up everyone else's time.

I often don?t get mine in the mail until AFTER Election Day. I didn?t get one this year. Maybe it?ll show up tomorrow or next week.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was not the only person today who had trouble reading the questions. I read the paper without glasses so why should the red print for questions be so small?

Everyone gets sent a sample ballot. You had plenty of time for people to read the questions in advance, even to read articles on them.

And if you have any issues, you can ask the poll staff for assistance. That's their job. They are happy to answer any questions you have.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I was not the only person today who had trouble reading the questions. I read the paper without glasses so why should the red print for questions be so small?

Posted on: 2017/11/7 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The font on the questions are so small you cannot read them. But according to you there is room for more names.

1. I had no trouble reading anything and I have been wearing glasses for over 50 years.
2. The list of two mayoral candidates was to the left of another list of 8 council nominees...with spaces in between each ticket. So yes, I stand by my statement that there would have been room for more names.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
I repeat, there was plenty of room for more names if needed.

The font on the questions are so small you cannot read them. But according to you there is room for more names.

Gee Yvonne, maybe instead of less democratic participation like you want, the answer is an update to our antiquated voting machines so it doesn't have to be on one big confusing page?

Posted on: 2017/11/7 17:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks. I?ll give it a try and see if I can make it happen.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/11/7 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/7 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Did you actually mail in your vote the last election? My daughter is studying overseas and mailed in her ballot last November, so it may be the same situation for her when she returns.

Oh, she also did not receive a sample ballot this time around - would that be a clue?

Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
i was unable to vote this morning because I was listed as ?mail in? on the registry at the poll. I left defeated. Anyone know what I can do to correct this today and subsequently vote? The fine volunteers at ps #25 were unable to give me anything more than ?go to city hall? (they were very nice about it just lacked a go to person who could provide concrete answers). I have a feeling it may be a bit more complex than simply going to city hall. Any good info appreciated.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/20 23:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Please request a provisional ballot whenever you are unable to vote, this ensures your vote will count when a correction is made. You are entitled to a vote.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
Irrelevant to your point, Yvonne. There was still space on the ballot for more. I am happy to fulfill my voting obligations all on one day.

You are blind to my point, there are two candidates for mayor. Are you going to say all future mayoral races will only have two candidates? Personally, I don't remember ever having only two people running for mayor in JC.

Yes they blind to your point. Yvonne is trying to raise blood pressure of democrat liberal progressives so there will be fewer of them. Keep up good work!

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
i was unable to vote this morning because I was listed as ?mail in? on the registry at the poll. I left defeated. Anyone know what I can do to correct this today and subsequently vote? The fine volunteers at ps #25 were unable to give me anything more than ?go to city hall? (they were very nice about it just lacked a go to person who could provide concrete answers). I have a feeling it may be a bit more complex than simply going to city hall. Any good info appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Try this -

Deputy Superintendent of Elections/Commissioner of Registration
John Brzozowski
Address: Hudson County Plaza, 257 Cornelison Avenue, 4th Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm, 201-369-7740

Let us know if you made any progress. Good luck!

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:

Maybe someone mailed in your ballot for you?

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
Irrelevant to your point, Yvonne. There was still space on the ballot for more. I am happy to fulfill my voting obligations all on one day.

You are blind to my point, there are two candidates for mayor. Are you going to say all future mayoral races will only have two candidates? Personally, I don't remember ever having only two people running for mayor in JC.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There was only two mayoral candidates. Do you realize in that in 1989, 20 people ran for mayor? Not everyone had a full slate. If Fulop wins and keeps his promise of having one more extra term, there will be 4 to 6 mayoral slates if not more. Look how crowded Ward E is since Osborne decided not to run.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I disagree. The ballot may have been long, but it's great to get it done in one shot. My polling place was busier than I've ever seen...with the exception of a presidential race. You don't get that kind of turn out for school board or other local elections.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It was only two candidates running for mayor and their slate, not the normal 4 to 6 slates. yet the ballot was confusing. The worse thing Fulop ever did was to change to November. I cannot image when there will be the normal 4 to 6 different mayoral slates. I was not going to leave the voting booth without casting my votes on the questions. The red lettering is hard to read.

wut?

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It was only two candidates running for mayor and their slate, not the normal 4 to 6 slates. yet the ballot was confusing. The worse thing Fulop ever did was to change to November. I cannot image when there will be the normal 4 to 6 different mayoral slates. I was not going to leave the voting booth without casting my votes on the questions. The red lettering is hard to read.

Posted on: 2017/11/7 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:

I believe you need to change that status with Hudson County Clerk. I do not think City Hall has anything to do your issue. Sounds like you voted by mail before, maybe for presidential?

Seems odd that the way you vote for one election becomes permanent, like the political party affiliation. If that is the case, many early presidential voters are probably having the same experience and surprise at the poll today.

http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org

Posted on: 2017/11/7 15:21

Couldn’t vote listed as “mail in”
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/7 15:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017