Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Ward E for Sale - James Solomon Highest Bidder
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
MND wrote:

i agree with JPHURST that...

Glad to see you two agree on something and engaging in civil discourse. http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... l_board_turning_ugly.html "JERSEY CITY -- A fight that broke out last week at a meeting of Downtown Democratic committee people shows how much uglier the 2016 Jersey City school board race is compared to last year's sleepy campaign. At the Oct. 5 meeting, held in the basement of Grove Street restaurant The Bistro, two men who are allies of opposing slates of school board candidates began bickering about a controversial Facebook post by the school board's vice president, according to sources with knowledge of the incident. The fight turned physical when one man spat on the other and the man who was spat on returned the favor by licking the other man's face, the sources said. Two women who witnessed the fight had to pull the men apart." Was anyone else swapping saliva at these meetings?

Posted on: 2017/11/5 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Quote:

ecoindie wrote:
The truth is he has no actual job. He's a trust fund baby that masks himself as a reformer.
I wouldn't call an adjunct professor having no job. But, I would never want to have an adjunct professor sit on city council, or God forbid, become the mayor even though the adjunct professor has both the skill of policy and glib.

Academics, particularly people who think they are real professors, such as lowly underpaid adjuncts (such as the well-admired Mr Salomon) with means to support themselves independently through the hard work of their spouse or accumulated wealth through inheritance are very dangerous and are hardly acting in anyone else's interest but their own. Not because they are insipid, but because they live and breath the ivory tower they are too timid, lazy or untalanted to join through proper training. They reach their goals through adjuncting in fourth and fifth rate colleges, also known as diploma mills. Do we want a guy like that to represent us and to deal with real issues?

Symes supporter here. But NJCU and HCCC are not "diploma mills."
Your inference is not my claim. The personality type - not smart enough for a decent PhD - is.

Posted on: 2017/11/5 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
MND wrote:

i agree with JPHURST that  NJCU are not diploma mils. I also agee that Mr. Solomon is not qualified for the job , his campaign has lacked integrity from the get go. From exploiiting his cancer, to fudging his resume, to his  half truths and his recent attack adds. The four remaining candidates have accomplished things ...though Solomon did graduate from a prestigous ivy league university...just like Trump and George W.

The thing is you can only assess him on is his resume... I am a bit confused about what he did in Boston aside from refining his progressive pedigree at JFK School of Government in Cambridge. Was he on the City of Boston payroll as a Bump Manager or was he unpaid grad school volunteer working on a PhD? Also would like to know more about his activities "working" with small businesses during the aftermath of the marathon terror attack. There aren't a whole of small businesses in immediate area of Bolyston Street... mostly high end chain stores, hotels and restaurants. Maybe I misunderstood that part.

Posted on: 2017/11/5 13:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users

i agree with JPHURST that  NJCU are not diploma mils. I also agee that Mr. Solomon is not qualified for the job , his campaign has lacked integrity from the get go. From exploiiting his cancer, to fudging his resume, to his  half truths and his recent attack adds. The four remaining candidates have accomplished things ...though Solomon did graduate from a prestigous ivy league university...just like Trump and George W.

Posted on: 2017/11/5 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Quote:

ecoindie wrote:
The truth is he has no actual job. He's a trust fund baby that masks himself as a reformer.
I wouldn't call an adjunct professor having no job. But, I would never want to have an adjunct professor sit on city council, or God forbid, become the mayor even though the adjunct professor has both the skill of policy and glib.

Academics, particularly people who think they are real professors, such as lowly underpaid adjuncts (such as the well-admired Mr Salomon) with means to support themselves independently through the hard work of their spouse or accumulated wealth through inheritance are very dangerous and are hardly acting in anyone else's interest but their own. Not because they are insipid, but because they live and breath the ivory tower they are too timid, lazy or untalanted to join through proper training. They reach their goals through adjuncting in fourth and fifth rate colleges, also known as diploma mills. Do we want a guy like that to represent us and to deal with real issues?

Symes supporter here. But NJCU and HCCC are not "diploma mills."

Posted on: 2017/11/5 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ecoindie wrote:

Posted on: 2017/11/5 2:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users

Thats funny that you compare Solomon to Fulop. Im not going to argue that but point out that Jersey City was alot differnt city when Fulop first ran in 2005. Ward E needed Steve Fulop then we don't need Solomon now.

Posted on: 2017/11/5 0:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/4 20:10
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
The voters of Ward E have had the wall pulled over their eyes. James Solomon --- do as i say, not as i do.

Solomon says he's not for sale - but he's buying this election.

Solomon says we have lead poisoning in jersey city greater than flint, michigan - but we don't.

Solomon says he won't take money from developers - no one can.

Solomon says he won't take "real estate industry money" - but he's taken almost $10000 of money from the real estate industry.

Solomon says he has a plan for the reval - but he directly benefits from having no reval, because he pays NOTHING in property taxes.

HES A BIGGER PHONY THAN STEVEN FULOP. WARD E - VOTE FOR ANYEONE BUT JAMES SOLOMON.

at the least the others aren't lying.

Posted on: 2017/11/4 20:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/25 20:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/11/3 16:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/4 20:13
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
not the facts at all, you posted fake facts.

It?s very simple, Dan. On an FEC filing he listed the City of Boston as an employer. If you simply google James Solomon?s time he purports to have spent working for Mayor Menino, you?ll find he did his graduate work (not actually employed!) in boston....and that work was published in 2013, before he discovered his desire to run for office in a Jersey City.

So Solomon either lied on a federal election law disclosure OR he misled the City of Boston by living in Jersey City and ?working? in Boston. Which is it?

Nothing I?ve described is fake in the slightest. You can corraborate what I?ve said and you?ll find he?s been more than cheeky about his actual work experience and his time in JC.

Posted on: 2017/11/3 16:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/25 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
I checked the tax records. He paid $783,000 for his "small frame house.' That's a pretty nice lump for someone who is only an adjunct professor.

Posted on: 2017/11/3 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
not the facts at all, you posted fake facts.

I met James in 2013, not long after he moved to Jersey City. I believe that he and his fiance at the time (since married) were renting an apartment in the Village neighborhood. I was introduced to him by a fiend of mine, Valerio Luccio, a former president of both the Harsimus Cove Neighborhood Association and Civic JC.

I ran into him again the following summer at Citizens Campaign's "#bethechangeJC" held at St. Paul's Lutheran Church. Which included workshops that involved identifying priorities and finding evidence based solutions for Jersey City issues.

he obviously has lived and been involved her in Jersey City since at least 2013. His home that they purchased is not a brownstone, but a small frame house west of Coles St. that seen better times at least on the exterior. google the street view.

and in addition to volunteering, I have donated money to his campaign, but not at the level to be itemized individually.

I encourage people to talk to him.

Posted on: 2017/11/3 16:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/4 20:13
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
A Hypocrite at his finest.

James Solomon purchased a brownstone in Jersey City when he moved to Hudson County in 2015 and had no job prospects. He first applied for a job in City Hall and spent 6 hours courting Muhamed Akil for said job. Yes, the same Muhammed Akil at the center of Jersey City?s latest bid rig scandal.

Solomon pays next to nothing in property taxes for what is now likely to be a $1M+ home.

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin ... 01=5&h02=&i24=2&ccdd=0906

It is hard to say when Solomon actually starting generating any income because he?s so independently wealthy that he too made several thousand dollars worth of contributions to Hillary Clinton and Democrats running all around the US.

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/indi ... 2016&contributor_state=NJ

He even disclosed still working for the City of Boston as of October 2016, when he purportedly lived in Jersey City?

What is clear is that James Solomon declared his Ward E candidacy exactly 2 years after he moved to Jersey City.

January of 2017 was a very busy month for Solomon. With limited to no real income, he found his calling as an activist, shaming people that live Trump?s 2 buildings, and the Oakman. Little did these folks know that like them, Solomon lives in a million dollar home, and pays less in property taxes than what?s collecting through the PILOTs of downtowns abated properties.

Instead of getting involved with neighborhood associations, civic organizations, or nonprofits, he chose the most politically opportune thing to do to launch his political career.

Nothing but facts.

However well meaning Solomon may be, it is VERY difficult to view Solomon?s presence in Jersey City as anything but a cynical and calculated play for power, one backed financially by big, wealthy, outside money and yes, including the interests of real estate.

Posted on: 2017/11/3 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
While negative campaigning does work sometimes (see: Trump supporters) I do find it deters those who actually vote based on policy. While I can't vote in E, I liked this Solomon guy until he went negative. I know others in Ward E who similarly were deterred by him for this same reason.

Posted on: 2017/11/3 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
I actually have substantive reasons for not voting for Solomon, but if I didn't, I still wouldn't vote for him based on the amount of junk mail he's sent. A mailer once a week, perhaps twice in the week before elections is reasonable. But what a waste of paper, of trees... it's litter in my mailbox at this point.

Posted on: 2017/11/3 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/3 19:14
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
So only Ward E can put up a candidate worthy of mayor? How elitist of a perspective.

But again, whomever wins Ward E will be a 1 term candidate. Guaranteed.

Posted on: 2017/11/3 13:50

Ward E for Sale - James Solomon Highest Bidder

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/3 4:45
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Tell me again how the ?developer? candidate is being outspent by the ?independent?? I received another mailer today from Solomon, and quite frankly, I?m annoyed.

Why go negative? He has a lot to say about Symes and Grillo - and truthfully, why aren?t we asking any questions about him?

Solomon lives the life of a 1%er. And - HE HAS REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY MONEY. The same money he bitches about Symes having.

Grillo?s Sweetheart deal? Solomon is the only one in this race with a sweetheart deal. He gets to play politics and work as a part time professor, while he calls in favors from these liberal elitists around the country.

There is almost NO contribution from Jersey City coming in for Solomon. Why is this?

How can James Solomon claim independence when he too has big money interests from the real estate and energy industries?

Posted on: 2017/11/3 4:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017