Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Dixon Leasing Cheating JC out of Taxes with the help of Rebecca Sysmes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/12 3:48
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Dixon group their properties into separate LLCs all named after Australian Rules Football teams.
Fremantle, St Kilda, Manly Warringah etc.

Posted on: 2018/8/7 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Dixon Properties are listed on the tax rolls as Fremantle LLC

Posted on: 2018/8/7 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
You don't need to submit a FOIA request to get this information. Property tax information is open to the public at large, and you can look it up yourself via the property tax portal.

Unlikely to be easy if the company uses layers of LLCs like many do. There's probably a separate LLC for each property. Maybe correlating the owner addresses would work, but I doubt it.

Posted on: 2018/8/7 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thor800 wrote:
Has anyone put together a definitive list of dixon properties and their pre / post reassessments ?

I would think a FOIA would take care of that.

You don't need to submit a FOIA request to get this information. Property tax information is open to the public at large, and you can look it up yourself via the property tax portal.

You can start by looking at their website, grab the addresses of their real estate listings at the moment and then look up those properties. Afterwards, you can search the tax property records for additional properties they may own by using the ownership information for the listings you just searched.

Not sure what it is that people expect to find... but, I very much doubt that the appraisal company would take the colossal (and, dumb) risk of purposefully appraising the Dixon properties way below market when said information is easily searchable and available to the public at large.

Posted on: 2018/8/7 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/4 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone put together a definitive list of dixon properties and their pre / post reassessments ?

I would think a FOIA would take care of that.

Posted on: 2018/8/7 12:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/16 20:40
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with K-Lo2.

Rebecca Symes is no longer and is not currently connected with Dixon Advisory.

If there are issues with Dixon as there may very well be, they are unrelated to Ms. Symes and a new thread should be created by the person who is posted about Dixon rather than continuing an old thread that is no longer valid.

Posted on: 2018/8/6 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I was hoping the slime job was over.

Posted on: 2018/8/6 18:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
This is about Dixon, not Symes, but...

She was General Counsel at Dixon in Dec 2015 when Fulop attempted to cancel Dixon's increased assessments.

She was also General Counsel when Dixon successfully appealed those increased assessments. A fact that has so far gone unreported.

You cannot simply disassociate someone from their behavior simply because they subsequently left the employer who financially benefitted from that behavior.

The bottom line is Dixon successfully shifted their tax burden onto poorer parts of the city.

Posted on: 2018/8/6 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/12 20:58
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Webmaster, Ms. Symes left Dixon leasing before running for office and is long gone. Can you fix the header please.

Posted on: 2018/8/6 16:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/8/6 16:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users

James Solomon purchased a gut renovated home for 783k in 2015. The taxes are approximetly $44000. The  property was not reassessed after the renovation. James Solomon greatly benefitted from the cities policy.

James Solomon is cheating JC out of taxes. Perhaps his parents can make up the difference?

Posted on: 2017/11/4 0:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
"Late last year, multiple city employees told The Jersey Journal, FBI agents interviewed city employees, asking questions about the city's real-estate development practices. The employees, who asked not to be identified discussing the matter, said one of the topics discussed during the interviews was whether a Fulop political operative had undue influence over administration matters.

The FBI declined to comment, citing its policy neither to confirm nor deny the existence of investigations."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _--_and_did_not_--_l.html

Posted on: 2017/11/2 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Was Bertoli on the grassy knoll

Did Bertoli fake the moon landing

Who tipped the leaning tower if pisa? Bertoli

Who gave Eve that Apple

Posted on: 2017/11/2 13:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
No.

In this case the dots appear to be connecting themselves.

Sept 26 2016

Bridgegate witness: Christie team sought Jersey City councilwoman's support

"Mayor Steve Fulop wasn't the only Jersey City politician Gov. Chris Christie's team courted for a possible endorsement.

Matt Mowers, a former aide to the Republican governor, testified on Friday in the ongoing federal trial related to the George Washington Bridge lane closures that he met with Ward E Councilwoman Candice Osborne at a Jersey City cafe three years ago to discuss whether she would back Christie's re-election bid.

Mowers said he and Christie campaign staffer Pete Sheridan sat down with the Downtown councilwoman in August 2013 on the recommendation of Fulop and the mayor's political advisers.

"They believed she was going to endorse Gov. Christie's re-election campaign," Mowers testified. "And they thought Mayor Fulop wanted to be helpful towards the governor's campaign, or seem helpful while also not endorsing himself."

Mowers said Tom Bertoli, a Fulop political operative, met with Christie re-election campaign manager Bill Stepien and "had been recommending people we would work with within Jersey City.""

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... am_courted_jersey_ci.html

Sept 28th 2016

Fulop Will Run For Mayor Not Governor

"...the move may have torn apart his own staff, some of whom because the subject of speculation and rumor, especially Bertoli -- who was named in one publication as the possible reason for Fulop?s withdrawal.

?I?m just a small fish in the state,? Bertoli said last week. ?This had nothing to do with me. I didn?t even know about it. But I will be thinking hard about the future.?

Bertoli like others said he felt betrayed by the lack of confidence Fulop?s sudden decision showed.

?He?s like a scared kid,? Bertoli said, debating on whether or not he will lend his support to State Senate President Stephen Sweeney as one of the other prominent candidates running against Murphy in the Democratic Primary next June.

?I?m not losing any sleep over this,? Bertoli said. ?This has nothing to do with me. Whatever made Steve change his mind, he did on this own without consulting anyone.?"

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... rs-?instance=latest_story

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop won't run for governor due to rumors surrounding close ally, source says

"In a stunning surprise, Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop will announce this afternoon that he will not run for governor of New Jersey in 2017, according to a person familiar with his thinking.

The person, who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak for the mayor, said Fulop is choosing to not enter the race because of rumors surrounding Tom Bertoli, a close ally."

http://www.njbiz.com/article/20160928 ... ng-close-ally-source-says

Posted on: 2017/11/2 12:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Is this the pretend FBI agent you lied about showing up at Osborne's house for a damn fine cup of coffee?

Posted on: 2017/11/2 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

You can only connect those dots with one of these nifty tin foil hats

Posted on: 2017/11/2 1:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
A timely reminder as to why Jersey City needs to be vigilant regarding the interests of real estate and local governement.
Can you connect the dots?

"http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2017/11/jersey_city_director_favored_developer_friends_ex-.html"

"Of the potential witnesses in the Wrieden case, Madden had the most to say about Bertoli, who was once Fulop?s chief political operative (the two had a falling out last year about the time Fulop said he wouldn?t run for governor). Bertoli works as a permit expeditor. Fulop?s critics say Bertoli wielded outsized influence on planning matters after Fulop?s election, which Fulop has denied.
Among Madden's claims: that Bertoli appeared to have access to a secure parking garage at 30 Montgomery St., where the city's planning offices are; that he believes Cruz told a developer seeking properties in Journal Square that he would "put him in touch" with Bertoli; and that Cruz told him Bertoli signed off on Madden's transfer to the HEDC. "You should thank Tommy for your ? for this title" Madden said Cruz told him.
Wenger, asked about Bertoli in his deposition, said "Bertoli's presence increased after Cruz took office.? He referenced a meeting about proposed changes to a redevelopment plan attended by Wenger, Bertoli and Cotter's immediate replacement, Maryann Bucci-Carter.
"Why was Bertoli there?" Noble asked.
"Good question," Wenger said.
Wenger has been spotted in recent days campaigning for Matsikoudis.
In his deposition, Cruz did not deny knowing Bertoli but characterized their relationship as "cordial" and casual.
"Outside the building, 'Hey, how you doing? How are you, kid?' That kind of stuff he says to me," Cruz said. "And I say, 'Oh, everything's good,' you know, and we walk away. But we don't hang out."
A request for comment from Bertoli was not returned.
The depositions aren?t all bad news for Cruz. Cotter, questioned by the city's attorney, said Cruz never did anything illegal, improper or immoral. Madden said he's not aware of any projects where Agarwal was given special treatment.
Fulop?s name comes up only occasionally. Wrieden, in his deposition, recounted a conversation he had on July 24, 2013, less than a month after Fulop assumed office. Wreiden said Bertoli confronted him on Grove Street that evening about an Erie Street project that needed planning approval.
"Just approve it. You don't want the mayor to find out about this or there'll be trouble," Wrieden said Bertoli told him."

Bertoli is also the "Tommy" referred to in the recently surfaced Fulop corruption tape and, as I have noted elsewhere is assisting Symes not least through a sweetheart rent deal with developer Peter Mocco.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... re_political_insider.html

"A column or two ago I mentioned that Symes sees Solomon as a threat and may target him. Yet from what I've seen Hudnut also accuses her of having close ties to developers. She has hired Vision Media, the tough, Hudson County Democratic Party traditional political PR firm. She also seems to have Bertoli on her side. It appears Bertoli moved from assisting Grillo.

Guess who always had Bertoli on her side. Yup, outgoing Councilwoman Osborne. Can you connect the dots?"

Posted on: 2017/11/2 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
I would take James Solomon over our current President

Posted on: 2017/10/28 0:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/8 22:31
Group:
Registered Users
Because a woman can't be ambitious or show she's ambitious.It's
not ladylike.

Solomon sounds like he's running for President. Got my 5th recent mailer from him...that's alot of postage for a part time job.

Posted on: 2017/10/28 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
I appreciate your words DanL. For background: I do know the candidate in question reasonably well. I have been asked to help in various ways, but chose to decline for all the good reasons. She is capable and talented. But, she reeks of real estate money and her support is very deep in the large developer community. Her campaign is very well run and her social media coverage is very strong. Her funding and financial backing is probably the best in the campaign.

Her campaign is probably the most professional for all the Ward E candidates. The level of detail and thoroughness suggests support for a run beyond city council.

Many of her supporters are drawn by her message, but they do not understand that as a council person, she can do very little to bring her agenda to fruition.

The reason she is so well funded is because ultimately Rebecca is not running for city council, she is running for Mayor. It is Chinatown all over again.

P.S. I may respond to the election troll(s) in a few days.

Quote:

DanL wrote:
This poster is not an election troll, and I agree with him. This is my concern. She came to Jersey City to take on this role first, then she does what other real estate and developer professionals have done before her, many of whom have been nice neighbors, and get involved, fund and support things on behalf of their employers. But the real estate and development business already has an out sized influence on Jersey City government.

I do not believe that someone at her level, general counsel can just turn a switch and is no longer involved. She still resides in her employers property.

She is clearly a professional and capable person. I would welcome her to get involved in the non-profits that I have worked on over the years.

Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Developers have tried to exert direct political influence on the city for a very long time. That Symes is running for council moves the dial into a completely different direction. She is a skilled real estate lawyer, she has been Dixon's in-house counsel for at least 5 years, and she has been very effective in channeling financial support from Dixon to many politically connected groups and associations in JC. She is not running for the greater common good: she is running for what is best for her and the developers.

That she has left Dixon is known. Few believe that the umbilical cords have been cut completely between Symes and Dixon. Many are aware that she continues to reside in a property that is owned by Dixon.

While working for Symes and in her capacity as their community contact, she has channelled funds from Dixon to different civic groups mainly in the downtown area (Ward E). Whether this has been by design or accident, others should opine on. Whether there were strings attached with the funding- and what types of strings - perhaps are not important, but it is difficult to imagine that a developer would give money away for the benefit of the greater common good. It is more than likely that there has been a covert quid pro quo for the longer term benefit of both Symes and Dixon.

[In the case of Dixon, we should not forget that it is not a U.S. owned entity; it is Australian, hence Dixon would have to comply not only with U.S. but also with Aussie rules when it comes to providing funding to civic groups.]

Symes with her liberal urban upper-middle class agenda is appealing to the average Ward E voter: well-educated, relatively affluent, and socially liberal. She is promising a sanitized version of social justice that appeals to the average voter in the downtown: a more enjoyable city to live in. Consequently, many will vote for her.

It is a huge mistake.

It is difficult to imagine that someone who has moved to Jersey City to work for the most aggressive developer in the city will suddenly embrace an agenda that is not benefitting developers. It borders the unimaginable that her political priorities will move away from supporting development. Her strong pro-developer dependence and connections will counter any of the liberal political promises that she is making during the campaign.

Supporting Symes is an excusable mistake. And, voting for Symes is pure and simple stupidity.

Posted on: 2017/10/27 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Look how awesome Liberty State Park used to be! What a shithole that place is now. 3 Presidents visited last month! They must have been horrified at what Jersey City has become.

Posted on: 2017/10/26 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Now these were the days before developers when everything was perfect

Posted on: 2017/10/26 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
What was Downtown Jersey City like before developers?

Resized Image

How have we let these developers destroy our city??

Posted on: 2017/10/26 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

rcjcinsider wrote:
It's the same as if Tommy Bertolli were to claim he represents the little home owners of JC and is against developers. Is anybody fucking home?

Bertoli - there's a name that doesn't get discussed enough...

*wink*

Posted on: 2017/10/26 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Developers have tried to exert direct political influence on the city for a very long time. That Symes is running for council moves the dial into a completely different direction. She is a skilled real estate lawyer, she has been Dixon's in-house counsel for at least 5 years, and she has been very effective in channeling financial support from Dixon to many politically connected groups and associations in JC. She is not running for the greater common good: she is running for what is best for her and the developers.

That she has left Dixon is known. Few believe that the umbilical cords have been cut completely between Symes and Dixon. Many are aware that she continues to reside in a property that is owned by Dixon.

While working for Symes and in her capacity as their community contact, she has channelled funds from Dixon to different civic groups mainly in the downtown area (Ward E). Whether this has been by design or accident, others should opine on. Whether there were strings attached with the funding- and what types of strings - perhaps are not important, but it is difficult to imagine that a developer would give money away for the benefit of the greater common good. It is more than likely that there has been a covert quid pro quo for the longer term benefit of both Symes and Dixon.

[In the case of Dixon, we should not forget that it is not a U.S. owned entity; it is Australian, hence Dixon would have to comply not only with U.S. but also with Aussie rules when it comes to providing funding to civic groups.]

Symes with her liberal urban upper-middle class agenda is appealing to the average Ward E voter: well-educated, relatively affluent, and socially liberal. She is promising a sanitized version of social justice that appeals to the average voter in the downtown: a more enjoyable city to live in. Consequently, many will vote for her.

It is a huge mistake.

It is difficult to imagine that someone who has moved to Jersey City to work for the most aggressive developer in the city will suddenly embrace an agenda that is not benefitting developers. It borders the unimaginable that her political priorities will move away from supporting development. Her strong pro-developer dependence and connections will counter any of the liberal political promises that she is making during the campaign.

Supporting Symes is an excusable mistake. And, voting for Symes is pure and simple stupidity.

Eloquent and almost succinct.

#She is a snake in the grass

Posted on: 2017/10/25 12:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This poster is not an election troll, and I agree with him. This is my concern. She came to Jersey City to take on this role first, then she does what other real estate and developer professionals have done before her, many of whom have been nice neighbors, and get involved, fund and support things on behalf of their employers. But the real estate and development business already has an out sized influence on Jersey City government.

I do not believe that someone at her level, general counsel can just turn a switch and is no longer involved. She still resides in her employers property.

She is clearly a professional and capable person. I would welcome her to get involved in the non-profits that I have worked on over the years.

Quote:

o73o2 wrote:

It is a huge mistake.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rcjcinsider wrote:
It's the same as if Tommy Bertolli were to claim he represents the little home owners of JC and is against developers. Is anybody fucking home?

Bertoli - there's a name that doesn't get discussed enough...

Posted on: 2017/10/18 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rcjcinsider wrote:
It's sad that some people don't see anything WRONG with an in HOUSE attorney for a DEVELOPER run for City Council and of course Mayor NEXT. Rebecca as her ROLE as In house Council for dixon (which I GET WAS her JOB) orchestrated the PAC Money, orchestrated the Tax Cheat, and put her weight behind it. Unless somehow people think a bunch of frat boys from Australia know the inner dealings JC City politics.

It's cool to do that. Dixon is certainly not alone. But don't give us a SOB story about how you fought for the little guy when you run for City Council. It's the same as if Tommy Bertolli were to claim he represents the little home owners of JC and is against developers. Is anybody fucking home?

Well it might be that there is nothing wrong with it. It's a democracy, so if she wants to run, she can. We, as voters, get to decide if we're ok with it or not, through our votes.

Everyone has different opinions and values when it comes to these things. Yours are yours, and everyone else's is his or hers. The outcome will indicate where people fall.

Personally, I can't stand that at election time, we suddenly get bombarded with a bunch of negative posts from people who obviously just signed up for this site. There's nothing wrong with that either. It's just I find it suspect, and annoying.

Posted on: 2017/10/18 19:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/18 17:18
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It's sad that some people don't see anything WRONG with an in HOUSE attorney for a DEVELOPER run for City Council and of course Mayor NEXT. Rebecca as her ROLE as In house Council for dixon (which I GET WAS her JOB) orchestrated the PAC Money, orchestrated the Tax Cheat, and put her weight behind it. Unless somehow people think a bunch of frat boys from Australia know the inner dealings JC City politics.

It's cool to do that. Dixon is certainly not alone. But don't give us a SOB story about how you fought for the little guy when you run for City Council. It's the same as if Tommy Bertolli were to claim he represents the little home owners of JC and is against developers. Is anybody fucking home?

Posted on: 2017/10/18 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
That's why it feels like it will be Grillo 40%; Symes, Hunut, Solomon 20% each. It is no surprise that the Fulop signs are now accompanied with Grillo's quite often. As an independent who will vote for Fulop (the balance vs Healy is positive) but who want to get him in check, not reelect the corrupted old guard, not elect a developer's hand and still want to vote for a person who will represent us all and pursue balanced growth opportunities what are my choices really? Solomon seems the most independent and listening (btw for a "rich" guy he could get new shirts) but could be too progressive on my taxes, Hunut seems a little young. I am edging Solomon but what if I am wrong?

Posted on: 2017/10/13 22:45

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017