Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 3
Guests: 60

neverleft, mle267, papadage, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New IRS & Jury Duty Phone Scams - HC Sheriff Warning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
By Michaelangelo Conte
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- County officials are warning residents, especially seniors, about telephone scams involving a person posing as a law enforcement officer saying they face arrest if they do not pay immediately.

Hudson County Sheriff Frank Schillari said his office has received complaints from people saying they were contacted by someone claiming to be a police deputy who says they face arrest for failing to report for jury duty or outstanding warrants unless they pay over the phone.

More

I don't think this is said enough: thank you for always being thoughtful and respectful with your posts and by helping spread the word about things like this.

Awww - thank you! I've received these calls and these scammers can be very intimidating. I remember this older man in the Heights got cleaned out by a door-to-door team some years back. It just broke my heart.

Posted on: 10/18 13:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
+1

I was called by a dude with a heavy Indian accent telling me he was an FBI agent and that I need to pay using Bluedot, or be arrested.

I told him to go eff himself, and he told me I will be arrested within 2 hours...

I can see how this can be intimidating to seniors.

These scammers make good money - please spread the word!

Posted on: 10/18 13:35
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
By Michaelangelo Conte
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY -- County officials are warning residents, especially seniors, about telephone scams involving a person posing as a law enforcement officer saying they face arrest if they do not pay immediately.

Hudson County Sheriff Frank Schillari said his office has received complaints from people saying they were contacted by someone claiming to be a police deputy who says they face arrest for failing to report for jury duty or outstanding warrants unless they pay over the phone.

More

I don't think this is said enough: thank you for always being thoughtful and respectful with your posts and by helping spread the word about things like this.

Posted on: 10/18 13:23
Print Top

New IRS & Jury Duty Phone Scams - HC Sheriff Warning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
By Michaelangelo Conte
The Jersey Journal

More

Posted on: 10/18 13:19
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017