Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Rich Boggiano JSQ/Ward C City Council
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
I voted for Rich twice last time. But I am undecided this time around so far.

is yer buddie McCann on the ticket?

#Vote Rich

Posted on: Yesterday 21:23
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I voted for Rich twice last time. But I am undecided this time around so far.

Posted on: Yesterday 20:52
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Excerpt from Terrence McDonald's article Fulop allies stress independence amid 'rubber stamp' claims (link to full text at bottom):

Boggiano, 74, who is also seeking a second term in the nonpartisan municipal contest, has touted his independence from the mayor on the campaign trail (Fulop ally Council President Rolando Lavarro has called Boggiano and Yun obstructionists). Most of the council members, Boggiano said, "do what they're told."

"The problem here with the city is you have a 'yes' council," Boggiano said. "If we have more independence on the council we may be able to get things done. That's the key, get more independent people that don't just say yes."

-----

When The Jersey Journal first asked to talk to Hanussak about his candidacy, he said Fulop's campaign told him he could not be interviewed. This reporter mentioned that to Fulop, who said his campaign had no objections to the interview. Hanussak subsequently agreed to meet with The Jersey Journal.

Asked during that interview how voters could trust he would vote in their best interests if he needed Fulop's express permission to be interviewed by a reporter, Hanussak struggled to answer.

After a 10-second pause, he said, "How the heck do I answer that?" After another 10 seconds, he said, "It's a lot ... " before trailing off.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ber_stamp_reputation.html

Posted on: 10/17 14:09
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
"My neighbors may not always agree with my position on a given issue, but no one ever questions my integrity or love for Jersey City."

Truer words were never spoken.

I disagree with Boggiano a lot, but his integrity and love for Jersey City is untarnished. All I ask is to please please please bring a decent supermarket to Journal Square. C-Town doesn't cut it. Put it in the base of the One Journal Square development (if that bloody thing ever gets built). I've read newspaper clippings that this is something he is on board with, even parting with the mayor on tax subsidies for Kushner's Journal Square if it means something will finally be built.

Posted on: 10/16 13:38
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Boggiano a stand-out non-politician

The world of Jersey City politics is renowned world over. This is not for its admirable traits. The popular impression is that of a Political Machine Boss-led system where the dead still vote.

The standout non-politician is Councilman Rich Boggiano. Richie will question and fight anything he and his constituents feel will adversely affect his ward. His service to the people of Jersey City is well known. He served as a policeman, detective and academy instructor for the Jersey City Police Department. The Hilltop Block Association knows Richie as president who brings their concerns to the City and follows through to make sure they are addressed.

Richie began the "Winning the Peace" program. This nationally-recognized program brings West Point cadets and cadre to Jersey City to meet with members of our various ethnic communities to foster an atmosphere of understanding within all groups involved.

As Ward C Councilman, Richie has fought for his ward. He fought uncontrolled development, unbridled road construction and unresponsive city agencies. He answers his phone, listens to callers and gets back to them with an answer! What refreshing behaviour from a "politician." Richie is a non-politician and my councilman.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... cil_election_chatter.html

Posted on: 10/16 10:35
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, thanks God! /s

Posted on: 10/1 21:23
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
It was Councilman Boggiano who first spoke against the EMS contract going to Bayonne bypassing the Medical Center. He also was first to speak against Fulop putting garbage in Greenville. Those things did not come to pass, so thank God for the Councilman Boggiano.

Posted on: 10/1 18:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichBoggiano wrote:
10 things Trump should see when he visits Jersey City

#2 Lady Liberty

Trump has no doubt been to the Statue of Liberty before, but if he takes a trip again, this time with Jersey City Councilman Rich Boggiano, he may be convinced that Liberty Island is in New Jersey, not New York. Boggiano has long championed the notion that the statue is in Jersey City -- the U.S. Supreme Court in 1987 refused to weigh in -- so maybe Boggiano can convince Trump to get the federal government to endorse the idea.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... n_hes_in_jersey_city.html

Trump + Boggiano = Perfect together. Two peas in a pod, spending all of their time yapping about things that make no difference in the average person's life - ranting about things like what state the Statue of Liberty is in or standing for the national anthem.

Time to move to Florida, Rich.

Posted on: 10/1 17:48
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
10 things Trump should see when he visits Jersey City

#2 Lady Liberty

Trump has no doubt been to the Statue of Liberty before, but if he takes a trip again, this time with Jersey City Councilman Rich Boggiano, he may be convinced that Liberty Island is in New Jersey, not New York. Boggiano has long championed the notion that the statue is in Jersey City -- the U.S. Supreme Court in 1987 refused to weigh in -- so maybe Boggiano can convince Trump to get the federal government to endorse the idea.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... n_hes_in_jersey_city.html

Posted on: 9/30 12:36
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Ward C debate to be aired live Sept. 26

By Ron Zeitlinger
The Jersey Journal
Four people vying for the Jersey City Ward C city council seat will participate in a debate on Sept. 26 that will be televised live on Jersey City Comcast Ch. 190 and on the internet by Hudson Media Group.

The debate is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. and will feature incumbent Councilman Richard Boggiano and challengers Janet...

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e_aired_live_sept_26.html

Posted on: 9/26 7:37
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The Ward C debate at the Loews sponsored by The New JSQ.
https://vimeo.com/233302940

Posted on: 9/11 10:55
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Sept 9,2017:

Boggiano really stood out today
during the JSQ debate held at the Loews Theatre.

Of the 3 candidates present he was able to fully articulate his
positions and asserted why he should remain the Ward C councilman.

Fulop walked out early of the event as realized his option was more adept at coughing loudly into his lapel microphone than making any sort of relevant presence.

Reka Nandwani was sadly more concerned it seemed with the candidates remaining seated during the debate and left nothing more than a mere smudge on her political aspirations.

Posted on: 9/9 22:27
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Richie is a top Lad.

Need some more like him who have a backbone.

Like his brother?

Resized Image

Do you have an intelligent point to make our are you just being a dope?

Posted on: 8/30 21:12
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Chilltop, Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
He made sure that the barricade blocking the new "Magnolia Landing" steps was removed less than a year after the steps were constructed.

Posted on: 8/30 16:00
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I am curious what his constituents view as his top 3 legislative accomplishments? The only bill I recall him presenting and passing is the noise ordinance.

Posted on: 8/30 14:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Richie is a top Lad.

Like his brother?

Resized Image

Posted on: 8/30 13:26
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Richie is a top Lad.

Posted on: 8/29 17:06
Print Top

Rich Boggiano JSQ/Ward C City Council
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The letter (below) was published in the Jersey Journal this past weekend at this link:http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... d_about_the_candid_1.html

Journal Square is Reborn

As a young police officer in a riot at Hamilton Park in the 1970s, my patrol car was smashed by cinder blocks thrown at me from the roof of a brownstone. The city was looking for anyone willing to take possessions of that brownstone and others like it for $1. No one wanted them.

Under mayors Tony Cucci and Jerry McCann, the rebirth of downtown began in the 1980s. It's transformed into one of the most desirable places to live on the planet. Those same brownstones are now worth millions of dollars apiece.

Journal Square was once the thriving heart of Jersey City. I've been fighting for its rebirth since I moved to my current house on Magnolia Ave in 1980. I raised my kids here at a time when others were leaving. I've been a populist voice for vulnerable residents, clean government, and honest redevelopment the entire time. My neighbors may not always agree with my position on a given issue, but no one ever questions my integrity or love for Jersey City.

I've had the privilege of serving as Ward C's councilman during a rebirth where I have seen more change in the last 4 years than the past 40. I encourage new construction in line with the Journal Square Redevelopment Plan while holding developers accountable so they don't make a profit at the expense of current or future residents. I've been fighting to bring a supermarket to Journal Square, clean up our streets, and make our community generally more livable for singles, families, and seniors.

Journal Square and the heights will continue to be transformed in the next four years. I am excited to see what the future holds, and plan to continue fighting for everyday people as it unfolds. Thank you for your support!

Rich Boggiano, Councilman, Ward C, Jersey City

Posted on: 8/29 15:59
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017