Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 3 »


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#73
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/15 15:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9012
Offline
Resized Image


Man Who Hung Confederate Flags Calls Them 'Beautiful,' Says He's No Bigot

By Allegra Hobbs | August 24, 2017
DNAINFO.com

William Green said he would have taken down the Confederate flags hanging in his windows if he had been in the city when recent events in Charlottesville occurred.

EAST VILLAGE — The tenant whose apartment window display of Confederate flags sparked mayhem last week called them "beautiful" historical symbols that have nothing to do with racism — claiming had no idea about the controversy his display caused because he was out of town.

William Green, 43, said he was shocked to return to his apartment at 403 E. Eighth St. after a weekslong vacation to discover the extent of the outrage his two Confederate battle flags had suddenly created, moving one man to hurl rocks at the building and another to punch through Green's apartment window while he was away.

The flags had been there for roughly a year, and Green had never received a complaint, he said.

He acknowledged that he understood the recent events in Charlottesville, Virginia, prompted the sudden outburst, noting that if he'd been home at the time, he probably would have taken the flags down

"If I was here in the city when all of that happened I likely would have taken them down myself, but I was not here when that happened," he said of the Charlottesville incident, in which a woman was killed after a white supremacist rally where many of the attendees carried Confederate flags.

"If my neighbors had come to me, face to face, then I would have [taken them down]," he said.

Instead, he was alerted to the mayhem via email by his landlord, who later filed a lawsuit against Green to keep the flags down and threatened to evict him. The owner dropped the lawsuit just two days after it was filed, records show, and Green said they are back on good terms.

"He was panicking," he said of property owner Charles Yassky. "And who could blame him? It's still hard to believe."

However, Green maintained that the display shouldn't be conflated with bigotry.

"[Racism] is still is a problem, that I agree, but pegging the Confederate flag as a symbol of it isn’t helping anybody," he said. "It is a gross misrepresentation of that flag. It really is a beautiful flag representing sacrifice and commitment."

Alarmed locals started circulating photos of the flags hanging in the windows on social media days after the deadly Charlottesville rally, with some of the comments on widely shared Facebook posts suggested throwing rocks or bricks through the windows.

A man was then caught on video Wednesday morning hurling rocks at the building and yelling that the flags must be taken down, calling their presence a "hate crime."

Then, on Friday night,a DJ who lives around the corner from the building became so agitated by the flags he climbed down the fire escape and punched out one of Green's windows. He was arrested that night and charged with criminal mischief.

Because the flags were lit up in the windows at night, many assumed Green was home and refusing to confront his neighbors.

But the tenant had been in the Pocono Mountains with his boyfriend since earlier in the month with limited Internet access, and his lights were automated to give the impression he was home as a way to discourage break-ins, he explained.

Green insisted he originally put up the flags because he loves their historical significance, which he argued had very little to do with slavery. He claimed both the Union and the Confederacy agreed during the Civil War that "the institution [of slavery] had to go, but the problem was figuring out how it would go."

Green's explanation of the flag's significance that he submitted to his landlord after he was asked to take them down reads: "THE DIXIELAND FLAG WILL ALWAYS REPRESENT THE 400,000 CONFEDERATE FATHERS THAT LOVED THEIR COUNTRY THE WAY THEIR GOD LOVED THE WORLD."

Additionally, a pair of Iron Cross flags that previously adorned his windows — which he said represent Imperial Germany, not Nazi Germany — as well as the Israeli flags that hung there were meant to be tributes to the history of the East Village, he said.

"The history of this neighborhood is German and Jewish," he enthused, adding the Iron Cross was the "flag of the German immigrants who came here."

Originally from the Jersey Shore, Green's father was a cross-country truck driver whose trips gave him an appreciation for Southern culture.

"My early childhood memories are in his truck going up and down the Eastern seaboard and into the Midwest, so I have an appreciation for the honest, simple, hardworking nature of Southern culture that still pervades today," he said.

Green said he has lived in the East Village since he was 17 years old, when he got an illegal sublet in the Jacob Riis Houses across the street. He has lived in his current rent-stabilized apartment since 1996.

The lawsuit filed against him last weekend dredged up old baggage between he and his landlord from a 2006 eviction attempt, he said, adding they are now on good terms.

Commenting on DNAinfo's story on the lawsuit, he said the suicide attempt alleged in the suit was a lie.

Green's recent troubles haven't stopped with the flag display, as he was recently expelled from the College of Staten Island after a spat with his professor over his thesis on Thomas Jefferson, he said.

Asked whether he planned to keep the flags down, Green said the Confederate flag would stay down for at least a year, though he might reintroduce the Iron Cross flags to mark the 100-year anniversary of the fall of the German Empire.

So far, there haven't been any run-ins following his return to the East Village, he said, adding he just wants to move on and put the whole conflict behind him. He doesn't even hold a grudge against Keen for punching his window, he said.

"There's a great wisdom to forgiveness," Green said.

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170 ... rain-person-struck-subway

Posted on: 8/29 15:07
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#72
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/3/18 22:39
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 240
Offline
Pebble has it right. The rest of you, please take your tired arguments and go home.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The British flag honors the caste system that is the monarchy! Take down the Hawaiian flag! We shouldn't honor a system where you have to bow or curtsy to a monarch!

Incorrect. The British Flag represents a collection of nations that is progressing forward and backward at times. However, it is a representation of a collective and not a lone ideal.

The Confederate Flag represented one thing and one thing only: Secession for the sole purpose of owning other human beings.

The *ONLY* reason the Confederate Flag exists on any state flags was a direct push that came with the Jim Crow Laws. They exist as a backlash to the rights given to blacks.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Cornelius Van Vorst had slaves. He also gave the rest of the farm the the village of Van Vorst which later merged with the City of Jersey City for a park. Do we rename the park? If we do I am sure his heirs which still exists might want the land back. Some Van Vorst family members were around in the 1950s.

Wow. You have proven yourself a bigot but I didn’t think you’d go with another stupid argument.

General Lee’s statue has nothing to do with whether he was a slave owner or not. It has to do with the fact that he has one single accomplishment in his life: Taking up arms against his country because they said he couldn’t own human beings as slaves!

Seriously, you want a statue for that guy?

Van Vorst Park is named after him for his notable positives to the neighborhood. What positive did Lee give? Please, be specific when you describe out these positives.

Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Forget the subway symbols, we must destroy the graves of Confederate generals. Dump their evil remains into the ocean.

Please, why don’t you explain the equivalence of a private grave that existed on private property (could become public after historical designation in certain areas) for families to immortalize those they loved versus a statue that was entirely built as a backlash to black people gaining rights.

Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.



Posted on: 8/24 10:03
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#71
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And I would like to thank ESPN for making me feel better by removing from the their broadcast booth, play by play announcer Robert Lee, who was scheduled for an afternoon University of Virginia football game in October.

So we have determined that haircuts and last names can be offensive and racist... even if Mr. Lee's heritage is Asian. I am so glad I dumped those ESPN fools.


The cancer known as liberalism infected ESPN, but continues to spread. I try to use Bing more than Google due to Google also being infected.

Posted on: 8/23 18:51
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#70
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
And I would like to thank ESPN for making me feel better by removing from the their broadcast booth, play by play announcer Robert Lee, who was scheduled for an afternoon University of Virginia football game in October.

So we have determined that haircuts and last names can be offensive and racist... even if Mr. Lee's heritage is Asian. I am so glad I dumped those ESPN fools.

Posted on: 8/23 14:56
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#69
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 17:31
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 786
Offline
Haven't been here for a while and what do I find when I come back? A thread declaring that we should pretend Mississippi doesn't exist because the flag hurts the poster's feelings. Jesus, you must really have no real problems in your life if this is what you're spending your energy on.

Posted on: 8/23 0:42
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#68
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
Yes... nothing like a little social justice "street justice"... these fascists fit in nicely with the Sharia Law Patrols in the ME.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/natio ... nal/article168316202.html

Posted on: 8/21 18:44
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#67
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/4/10 22:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 440
Offline
Wow, they are literally copying the Taliban!

Houston man arrested, accused of attempting to blow up Confederate statue
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/us/hous ... pted-vandalism/index.html

Posted on: 8/21 17:08
ಠ_ಠ
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#66
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/4/10 22:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 440
Offline
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
...Grovepath for one, will not even dare venture down to the south part of the city he/she used to live in...


Wacko


You will out of your way to organize a fight to remove a flag, but take no such action to fight to heal the wounds of racism in black neighborhoods. Just just love to talk crap about them instead of getting involved in the community. You are anormal liberal elitist douche.

Posted on: 8/21 13:58
ಠ_ಠ
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#65
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/15 15:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9012
Offline
Quote:

greenville wrote:
...Grovepath for one, will not even dare venture down to the south part of the city he/she used to live in...


Wacko

Posted on: 8/21 10:03
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#64
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/4/10 22:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 440
Offline
A lot of people who call themselves progressive, are among the most racist people on earth. Grovepath for one, will not even dare venture down to the south part of the city he/she used to live in. The people who support censoring history are a great threat to the principles that the USA was founded apart. These progressives are comparable to the Taliban who tore down the buddhist statues back in 2001. Those who forget history are domed to repeat it.

Posted on: 8/21 8:40
ಠ_ಠ
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#63
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4890
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
My ill-informed friend Brewster, here are the results of the 1968 Presidential election.

Now I know progressives have a hard time understanding the US Presidential Election System but fortunately (for all of us) inside the attached Wiki URL, there is a United States map that correlates by color, each state Nixon, Humphrey and Wallace won.

The states won by the racist democrat, former governor of Alabama, George Wallace are ORANGE. To help even further, let's use the progressive's favorite way of determining presidential election winners, the popular vote.

You will see Nixon 43.4% beating Humphrey 42.4%, almost a dead heat? The remaining 13.5% went to George Wallace which is probably a good indicator of where the KKK/Neo-Nazi types that vote ended up.

Those 9 million popular racists votes did not end up with Nixon, another inconvenient fact for the progressive narrative. Do you really think a racist would not vote for Wallace?

Nixon's "southern strategy" was to pickup the remnants of a shattered democrat party and clearly he did not win 5 of those confederate states. It did help him with the dreaded "Electoral College" and that is all that really mattered. HRC can confirm that .

Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1968


You just made a long argument against yourself. 5 of the 11 confederate states, previously solidly D went to Nixon, the rest to Wallace, only TX went D. The D party was shattered by racist southern states leaving after the 1964 Civil Rights Act. In 1960 those states voted Dem, except for some 3rd party racist craziness in AL & MS. In 1964 after the Act LBJ won in a landslide but for the reactionary Deep South. 68 was a solidification of this exodus of the southern racists from the party that gave the blacks rights. It sure wasn't his management of Vietnam that lost them for him, they were politically conservative warhawks, the Northern Liberal wing of the party opposed the war.
Resized Image

Posted on: 8/20 22:23
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#62
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
My ill-informed friend Brewster, here are the results of the 1968 Presidential election.

Now I know progressives have a hard time understanding the US Presidential Election System but fortunately (for all of us) inside the attached Wiki URL, there is a United States map that correlates by color, each state Nixon, Humphrey and Wallace won.

The states won by the racist democrat, former governor of Alabama, George Wallace are ORANGE. To help even further, let's use the progressive's favorite way of determining presidential election winners, the popular vote.

You will see Nixon 43.4% beating Humphrey 42.4%, almost a dead heat? The remaining 13.5% went to George Wallace which is probably a good indicator of where the KKK/Neo-Nazi types that vote ended up.

Those 9 million popular racists votes did not end up with Nixon, another inconvenient fact for the progressive narrative. Do you really think a racist would not vote for Wallace?

Nixon's "southern strategy" was to pickup the remnants of a shattered democrat party and clearly he did not win 5 of those confederate states. It did help him with the dreaded "Electoral College" and that is all that really mattered. HRC can confirm that .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1968

Posted on: 8/20 21:06
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#61
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4890
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

JCList has been pretty good since WebMaster made the very articulate request a few weeks ago asking posters to chillout, hug their kids and enjoy the nice weekend. I think a lot of people did just that.


Amazing you haven't noticed the site is nearly dead.

The argument that Democrats were the party of racists is both true and the dumbest, most ignorant of political history argument possible. In a 2 party system any party is a coalition, and those coalitions shift. 50 years ago the coalition of progressives, labor, and southern racist conservatives broke and the latter joined the GOP in electing Nixon, in a move called "the southern strategy". Current fact, not ancient history.


Once again progressives fail to tell the whole truth... I am glad you agree with my the comments about the real history of the democrat party. My simple point is that if today's democrat socialist progressive communist block want to tear apart national institutions in search of racism... they should start by denouncing their own democrat party history instead of hiding it in shame.

That split you are talking about was the democrat party splintering over the Vietnam War they got us into. LBJ was shamed into quitting, Vice-Pres Humphrey was the compromise establishment choice after RFK was murdered along with liberal hopes of capturing the WH and "ending their war" The southern democrat racist vote went to George Wallace's 3rd Party and it continued for another decade.

All the Republicans did was develop a "southern strategy" to pick up the pieces of the shattered democrat party. Republicans had not won the south in a presidential election in 100 years... 1968 was the beginning of an atypical democrat presidential election screwup that would haunt them for years with bad candidates like McGovern, Carter, Dukakis etc.

In the 90's middle of the road WJC came along as a moderate democrat from the south with a plan to fix "it's the economy stupid". And he would not have won if it wasn't for Ross Perot and his charts.


Once more you've failed history. The southern racists left the party due to LBJ's civil rights legislation, and that's why they were ripe for Nixon to woo them. "After President Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, he reportedly turned to his press secretary and lamented that Democrats “have lost the South for a generation.” "http://www.economist.com/node/17467202

And I've never heard a prominent Democrat deny the history of it's southern racists. Quote please.

Posted on: 8/20 18:57
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#60
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

JCList has been pretty good since WebMaster made the very articulate request a few weeks ago asking posters to chillout, hug their kids and enjoy the nice weekend. I think a lot of people did just that.


Amazing you haven't noticed the site is nearly dead.

The argument that Democrats were the party of racists is both true and the dumbest, most ignorant of political history argument possible. In a 2 party system any party is a coalition, and those coalitions shift. 50 years ago the coalition of progressives, labor, and southern racist conservatives broke and the latter joined the GOP in electing Nixon, in a move called "the southern strategy". Current fact, not ancient history.


Once again progressives fail to tell the whole truth... I am glad you agree with my the comments about the real history of the democrat party. My simple point is that if today's democrat socialist progressive communist block want to tear apart national institutions in search of racism... they should start by denouncing their own democrat party history instead of hiding it in shame.

That split you are talking about was the democrat party splintering over the Vietnam War they got us into. LBJ was shamed into quitting, Vice-Pres Humphrey was the compromise establishment choice after RFK was murdered along with liberal hopes of capturing the WH and "ending their war" The southern democrat racist vote went to George Wallace's 3rd Party and it continued for another decade.

All the Republicans did was develop a "southern strategy" to pick up the pieces of the shattered democrat party. Republicans had not won the south in a presidential election in 100 years... 1968 was the beginning of an atypical democrat presidential election screwup that would haunt them for years with bad candidates like McGovern, Carter, Dukakis etc.

In the 90's middle of the road WJC came along as a moderate democrat from the south with a plan to fix "it's the economy stupid". And he would not have won if it wasn't for Ross Perot and his charts.

Posted on: 8/20 15:49
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#59
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 16:13
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4890
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

JCList has been pretty good since WebMaster made the very articulate request a few weeks ago asking posters to chillout, hug their kids and enjoy the nice weekend. I think a lot of people did just that.


Amazing you haven't noticed the site is nearly dead.

The argument that Democrats were the party of racists is both true and the dumbest, most ignorant of political history argument possible. In a 2 party system any party is a coalition, and those coalitions shift. 50 years ago the coalition of progressives, labor, and southern racist conservatives broke and the latter joined the GOP in electing Nixon, in a move called "the southern strategy". Current fact, not ancient history.

Posted on: 8/20 14:05
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#58
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/8 12:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 343
Offline
(Some of) you all are effin' crazy! [I'm not naming names, but you know who you are.]

Posted on: 8/19 19:29
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#57
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.



Of course facts do not matter to progressives if they don't fit their anti-America narrative. Your little twisted narrow mind thinks I am defending Neo Nazis / KKK by what I wrote?

The insidious institution of slavery was a cancer on the soul of the country and we can see its legacy today. That was the genius of Lincoln who tried to temper the retributive attitude of his cabinet that wanted to punish the south after a bloody war that killed thousands of Americans.

Had Lincoln not been assassinated along with his vision for America's future, who knows how different the last 150 years may have been different.


Your comments are nothing but reflection to the fact your heroes, Hillary and Bill Clinton courted the White Supremist vote when Bill ran for office. Yes, slavery is a cancer so is the fact that liberals believe in choice which is the killing of innocent babies in the womb. That is immoral and evil. By the way, Margaret Sanger, said Negros are a weed and weeds need to be exterminate and over 21 innocent black babies have been murdered in the womb. They are placed in minority neighborhoods. http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/16/79 ... -target-blacks-hispanics/


correction-21 million black babies more than any holocaust caused by Hitler.

Posted on: 8/19 18:37
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#56
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1125
Offline
Here's my crazy idea. If you don't like the flag, don't look at it.

This has to be the dumbest complaint I've ever seen on here, by far. Confederate flag, my ass.

Posted on: 8/19 18:05
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#55
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Literally- no one cares. No one even participates on JClist anymore because the same four posters have dumbed it down with so much Fox News rhetoric that it's literally became a useless forum. Kinda like the current state of our government!


LOL ... apparently you care, based on your continuous inane postings that you think no one views. Despite you opionoin, I have been engaged with a number non-political dialogues.

JCList has been pretty good since WebMaster made the very articulate request a few weeks ago asking posters to chillout, hug their kids and enjoy the nice weekend. I think a lot of people did just that.



Posted on: 8/19 15:34
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#54
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/25 15:18
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 267
Offline
Literally- no one cares. No one even participates on JClist anymore because the same four posters have dumbed it down with so much Fox News rhetoric that it's literally became a useless forum. Kinda like the current state of our government!

Posted on: 8/19 15:10
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#53
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.



Of course facts do not matter to progressives if they don't fit their anti-America narrative. Your little twisted narrow mind thinks I am defending Neo Nazis / KKK by what I wrote?

The insidious institution of slavery was a cancer on the soul of the country and we can see its legacy today. That was the genius of Lincoln who tried to temper the retributive attitude of his cabinet that wanted to punish the south after a bloody war that killed thousands of Americans.

Had Lincoln not been assassinated along with his vision for America's future, who knows how different the last 150 years may have been different.


Your comments are nothing but reflection to the fact your heroes, Hillary and Bill Clinton courted the White Supremist vote when Bill ran for office. Yes, slavery is a cancer so is the fact that liberals believe in choice which is the killing of innocent babies in the womb. That is immoral and evil. By the way, Margaret Sanger, said Negros are a weed and weeds need to be exterminate and over 21 innocent black babies have been murdered in the womb. They are placed in minority neighborhoods. http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/16/79 ... -target-blacks-hispanics/

Posted on: 8/19 14:00
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#52
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.



Of course facts do not matter to progressives if they don't fit their anti-America narrative. Your little twisted narrow mind thinks I am defending Neo Nazis / KKK by what I wrote?

The insidious institution of slavery was a cancer on the soul of the country and we can see its legacy today. That was the genius of Lincoln who tried to temper the retributive attitude of his cabinet that wanted to punish the south after a bloody war that killed thousands of Americans.

Had Lincoln not been assassinated along with his vision for America's future, who knows how different the last 150 years may have been different.

Posted on: 8/19 13:25
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#51
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.


You are rationalizing behavior. I am pointing out a fact that happened. These pins are selling on ebay. This is nothing but killed the messenger for pointing out this information. In 1992, Ross Perot was a valid candidate for president. He ran as an independent. So it does not surprise anyone, Clinton was scrambling for white votes in the South. After all, he came from Arkansas and Gore from Tennessee. They knew the white groups there and yes did court their vote.

Posted on: 8/19 12:47
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#50
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/25 15:18
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 267
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.


Pssstt... here's a clue.. no one cares! It's still morally and ethically wrong. Just because you blindly follow and defend your chosen party doesn't mean the rest of us can't use our own brain to tell right from wrong.

LOL I mean seriously what response do you expect to this kind of comment?? "Oh man he got me good- now I guess I have to hate black people since I voted democrat!". No wonder it's so easy to pander to you rubes.

Posted on: 8/19 12:22
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#49
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4196
Offline
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Those pins were not produced by the campaign, your disingenuous ass.

As for your previous stupid post, Van Vorst did not take up arms against the Union to maintain slavery.

People like you should be ashamed of yourselves, drawing equivalence between traitorous rebels that killed more Americans than the Nazis with other figures that have something else going for them besides being Confederate generals and leaders.

Scum like you deserve the scorn you get here.


Those pins were acknowledge by the campaign. There was no, "I am against this from Clinton/Gore." Neither did the Washington Post article say they were not true. More articles on the subject. By the way, your language is over the line calling someone scum, etc, is an evil response perhaps from an evil person. https://www.aol.com/article/2015/06/23 ... surfaces-online/21199944/

Posted on: 8/19 10:16
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#48
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
[Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.


Then why don't we talk about the real truth....

Which terrorist political party was responsible for suppressing human rights of slaves freed by Lincoln (R) and future generations, 100+ years, following the Northern Victory. And who celebrated his assassination?

Which party openly supported the KKK, instituted the Jim Crow Laws and enabled the violent attacks and murders of Civil Right Marchers?

Which party today openly leverages the memories of their own atrocities and their violent legacy to maintain political power through fear.

Here is a clue.... it ain't the Republicans.

Posted on: 8/19 10:10
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#47
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The British flag honors the caste system that is the monarchy! Take down the Hawaiian flag! We shouldn't honor a system where you have to bow or curtsy to a monarch!

Incorrect. The British Flag represents a collection of nations that is progressing forward and backward at times. However, it is a representation of a collective and not a lone ideal.

The Confederate Flag represented one thing and one thing only: Secession for the sole purpose of owning other human beings.

The *ONLY* reason the Confederate Flag exists on any state flags was a direct push that came with the Jim Crow Laws. They exist as a backlash to the rights given to blacks.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Cornelius Van Vorst had slaves. He also gave the rest of the farm the the village of Van Vorst which later merged with the City of Jersey City for a park. Do we rename the park? If we do I am sure his heirs which still exists might want the land back. Some Van Vorst family members were around in the 1950s.

Wow. You have proven yourself a bigot but I didn’t think you’d go with another stupid argument.

General Lee’s statue has nothing to do with whether he was a slave owner or not. It has to do with the fact that he has one single accomplishment in his life: Taking up arms against his country because they said he couldn’t own human beings as slaves!

Seriously, you want a statue for that guy?

Van Vorst Park is named after him for his notable positives to the neighborhood. What positive did Lee give? Please, be specific when you describe out these positives.

Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Forget the subway symbols, we must destroy the graves of Confederate generals. Dump their evil remains into the ocean.

Please, why don’t you explain the equivalence of a private grave that existed on private property (could become public after historical designation in certain areas) for families to immortalize those they loved versus a statue that was entirely built as a backlash to black people gaining rights.

Quote:
No. It isn’t. It’s a strawman. NOBODY is trying to erase history. People that hate racism want symbols erected for the sole purpose of intimidation taken down. Nobody ever makes the argument that students shouldn’t learn about Gen. Lee in history class.



Posted on: 8/19 8:52
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#46
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1341
Offline
Quote:

stc4blues wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Well you have to be stupid and obviously "sightless" not to see the hidden symbols glorifying grand old antebellum days of the South.

Can only imagine the emotional angst triggered by looking at this despicable image.... sorry MTA, they have to go!

http://www.historynet.com/confederate-flags-in-times-square.htm


According to the NYTimes, they're going, or at least being changed:

To busy New Yorkers walking briskly by, the mosaic inside a Times Square subway station might look like a Confederate flag.

It is not, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority assured riders on Friday. But less than a week after violence broke out at a Virginia rally, ostensibly over the planned removal of a statue of a Confederate general, officials are not taking any chances.

So in order to “avoid absolutely any confusion,” the M.T.A. said in a statement that it would modify the design to make it “absolutely crystal clear” that it does not depict a symbol of Southern defiance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/nyr ... me=Watching-article-click



Probably better to incur this expense rather than risk $$$ of damage from antifa/leftist/anarchists targeting and destroying racist MTA stations.

Posted on: 8/19 6:45
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#45
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/2/8 12:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 343
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Well you have to be stupid and obviously "sightless" not to see the hidden symbols glorifying grand old antebellum days of the South.

Can only imagine the emotional angst triggered by looking at this despicable image.... sorry MTA, they have to go!

http://www.historynet.com/confederate-flags-in-times-square.htm


According to the NYTimes, they're going, or at least being changed:

To busy New Yorkers walking briskly by, the mosaic inside a Times Square subway station might look like a Confederate flag.

It is not, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority assured riders on Friday. But less than a week after violence broke out at a Virginia rally, ostensibly over the planned removal of a statue of a Confederate general, officials are not taking any chances.

So in order to “avoid absolutely any confusion,” the M.T.A. said in a statement that it would modify the design to make it “absolutely crystal clear” that it does not depict a symbol of Southern defiance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/nyr ... me=Watching-article-click

Posted on: 8/19 2:29
Print Top


Re: Confederate Flag added to Liberty State Park
#44
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/16 23:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 705
Offline

Posted on: 8/19 0:37
Print Top




(1) 2 3 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017