Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Getting the most out of ObamaCare
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No, Pebble, he retired because many of his patients could not afford Obamacare, they can afford only to pay the fines or the bronze plan, which is no insurance at all. He is not retired from medicine, he decided to work for an insurance company by visiting patients in their homes. This prevents them from using nursing homes. The bottom is - Obamacare is a mess. Arizona had a 116% increase in 2016. Government does some things well, but it is horrible at managing education and healthcare.
ask those people who had no insurance before Obamacare, who didn't go to the doctor, if Obamacare is a mess to them....ask those people who couldn't get coverage due to pre-x conditions

Look this is not what Obama promised. Perhaps you should ask Arizona residents how they felt when their preminums increase16%.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/10/25/arizona-obamacare-premiums/

"I don't care about all the at risk people who weren't covered and now have health insurance and can get medical treatment!"

The worst part of Yvonne isn't her ignorance but the fact that she considers herself religious and thinks any god would support this line of thinking. She is sanctimoniously full of Christ's love as long as that doesn't mean paying a little extra so people don't get sick or die!

Posted on: 2017/7/2 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No, Pebble, he retired because many of his patients could not afford Obamacare, they can afford only to pay the fines or the bronze plan, which is no insurance at all. He is not retired from medicine, he decided to work for an insurance company by visiting patients in their homes. This prevents them from using nursing homes. The bottom is - Obamacare is a mess. Arizona had a 116% increase in 2016. Government does some things well, but it is horrible at managing education and healthcare.
ask those people who had no insurance before Obamacare, who didn't go to the doctor, if Obamacare is a mess to them....ask those people who couldn't get coverage due to pre-x conditions

Look this is not what Obama promised. Perhaps you should ask Arizona residents how they felt when their preminums increase16%.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/10/25/arizona-obamacare-premiums/

Posted on: 2017/7/2 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/7/2 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/7/1 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Twenty years ago, insurance was less expensive for me as well. It's called getting older and the cost of living going up. Choosing to blame it on something that has nothing to do with it is just stupid.

It's not inflation when in 4 yrs my deductible increases 6 fold and my company desides it's cheaper to insure me themselves

Posted on: 2017/7/1 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Not true. While I could have selected a smaller deductible I am on the same plan I had previously. Had I chose the other plan with a smaller deductible I would have spent even more on higher premiums. In addition after the Ahca my firm has decided it is cost effective to insure us themselves. This was not the case under the prior system

Again, this is called making a choice.

The insurance companies gave you the option to keep the plan you had. They just increased the price of it.

Twenty years ago, insurance was less expensive for me as well. It's called getting older and the cost of living going up. Choosing to blame it on something that has nothing to do with it is just stupid.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pebble, if you know by doctor, and most likely you don't he will tell you he was not making money under Obamacare. You pretend you are a "know it all on all subjects." By the way, my doctor was the person who got an award that was written in the Jersey Journal several months. I don't make it a practice of using someone's name unless they are a politician. But if you have the energy and go back several months you will find an article about him.

You've demonstrated your bigotry on topics involving various minorities. You also have a distinct lack of understanding regarding anything other than the most basic level of intelligence. In short, you have the ability to breathe, use a computer, but deep thought is outside your capacity. Cause and effect is something you do not understand.

Your doctor was in his 60s and you somehow think he retired because of a change in federal law that is slowly implemented. You don't think for a minute that he retired because he's of retirement age and just didn't feel like dealing with insurance companies anymore?

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Obamacare was never about affordable healthcare for all, it was a mass means to redistribute wealth (and control the poor). That's why he had to lie about it to sell it, and the chumps believed him.

Oh please.

Obamacare was RomneyCare applied nationally. It worked to reduce the state's costs, just as ObamaCare worked to reduce the federal costs of medical coverage.

Your argument is not remotely based in anything other than paranoia.

Posted on: 2017/6/30 19:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
What he says is that while he never used it and was fundamentally against it. He was glad there was a low cost option if he needed it. There will be with the new plan as well. Also, something Obama care chooses not to state is that before it someone could write off healthcare costs above 7% of their salary. Obamacare has raised that level to 10%
there might be a low cost option...but what will the deductible be? what happens to the 22 million that stand to lose their coverage!

As I stated in a previous post my deductible is $3200 before Obamacare it was $500
yes, i agree that it sucks that your deductible went up. so, did mine and i had to pay a lot more in taxes but at the end of the day which is better a $3200 deductible or not having access to insurance.

hero, I was replying to your post. You had stated earlier that the new plan might offer a low cost option but at what deductible. I pointed out that deductibles have already shot sky-high.
If a new plan is implemnted and less people are covered and deductibles continue to climb as you state. I will agree that it is a failure
former ceo of molina healthcare on bloomberg says house/senate bills will cut medicauid by 35% and that premiums and deductibles will rise....shifting costs to states will ultimately lead to cuts in other state programs, such as education

Fine with me. Go back to the 1950 balanced budget and hit reset.

Posted on: 2017/6/30 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
What he says is that while he never used it and was fundamentally against it. He was glad there was a low cost option if he needed it. There will be with the new plan as well. Also, something Obama care chooses not to state is that before it someone could write off healthcare costs above 7% of their salary. Obamacare has raised that level to 10%
there might be a low cost option...but what will the deductible be? what happens to the 22 million that stand to lose their coverage!

As I stated in a previous post my deductible is $3200 before Obamacare it was $500
yes, i agree that it sucks that your deductible went up. so, did mine and i had to pay a lot more in taxes but at the end of the day which is better a $3200 deductible or not having access to insurance.

hero, I was replying to your post. You had stated earlier that the new plan might offer a low cost option but at what deductible. I pointed out that deductibles have already shot sky-high.
If a new plan is implemnted and less people are covered and deductibles continue to climb as you state. I will agree that it is a failure
former ceo of molina healthcare on bloomberg says house/senate bills will cut medicauid by 35% and that premiums and deductibles will rise....shifting costs to states will ultimately lead to cuts in other state programs, such as education

Posted on: 2017/6/30 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/30 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
health care myth...that being able to sell insurance across state lines will improve access to affordable health care. it might work in northern nj, with people being able to access nyc's network of doctoers, etc...but it is not practical for most people. i'd rather pay more to visit a local dr, instead of one in pennsylvania or even trenton or newark

Posted on: 2017/6/29 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/29 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/29 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Obamacare was never about affordable healthcare for all, it was a mass means to redistribute wealth (and control the poor). That's why he had to lie about it to sell it, and the chumps believed him.
if you have a problem, trying to insure that as many people as possible have access to affordable healthcare, then you need to have your head examined. i have no problem paying more taxes so that people have access.

i do believe that those who want to eschew health insurance, should be able to do so provided that they have a 5 year wait period and are not allowed to get charity care!

I'd be up for that, we'd save the tens of billions of dollars a year spent on illegal aliens.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
if you have a problem, trying to insure that as many people as possible have access to affordable healthcare, then you need to have your head examined. i have no problem paying more taxes so that people have access.

i do believe that those who want to eschew health insurance, should be able to do so provided that they have a 5 year wait period and are not allowed to get charity care!

Posted on: 2017/6/28 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Just like Crack Cocaine

Posted on: 2017/6/28 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/28 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Some people do not want health insurance.

Back in the early '90s NJ, VT, and NY passed insurance regulation similar to the ACA (minus the mandatory purchase on insurance).

NJ (like ACA) became a 'community rating' and a 'guaranteed issue' state. Basically, this means cannot be denied insurance for a pre-existing condition and the insurance company had to charge everyone the same rate. So a 25 non-smoking healthy male would be have to be charged the same a 50 year old overweight woman who smokes five packs a day.

I went without insurance for a while because the insurance available at the time would have eaten up close to half my monthly take home pay and was an 80/20 plan (I have to pay 20% of whatever medical costs I incur). This was a terrible plan for me since I hardly used any medical services and if I had a catastrophic event (Say something that costs $200k+, I would still be broke). NJ later did reforms that allowed younger people to buy basic plans, but ACA wiped those plans out.

If I lived in PA (which didn't regulate like NJ did) I could have gotten a high deductible catastrophic plan (with emergency room coverage), covering up to $3million, with a for $90 to $125 a month (depending on the deductible). That I could afford... but was illegal in NJ.

I went without insurance until I got on an employer plan many months later.

I can buy a catastrophic emergency room plan today.. but only for my cat.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/28 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Virtually everyone I know who doesn't have government subsidized health insurance is paying thousands more per year that is hurting them and their families.

When ACA kicked in, my company insurance plan saw a 54% increase over one year. I ended up back on my wife's plan, which unfortunately lacked and HSA component. Her plan was grandfathered under ACA and only saw single digit increases in cost.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Hero69, you keep repeating fake news. The 22 million stat includes people who will make a choice not to enroll because it won't be mandated-which mostly are young, healthy adults opting out. Choosing not to enroll isn't the same as 'losing' it.
i get it....the cbo now releases fake news. imo, it is unacceptable for the government to pushing legislation that would leave anyone with less/worse healthcare. the government should be doing its best to HELP people, not hurt them!

Virtually everyone I know who doesn't have government subsidized health insurance is paying thousands more per year that is hurting them and their families. Less money for food, less money for college savings, less money period. So Obamacare has hurt many in their wallets and families. (And they couldn't keep their plan, or their doctor, or save $2,500/year as Obama sold it on).
i know people who have unsubsidized obamacare too, and they are happy they have it...it is a safety net. what happens if you don't have insurance and get cancer, have a stroke, get aids, etc?

Posted on: 2017/6/28 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Hero69, you keep repeating fake news. The 22 million stat includes people who will make a choice not to enroll because it won't be mandated-which mostly are young, healthy adults opting out. Choosing not to enroll isn't the same as 'losing' it.
i get it....the cbo now releases fake news. imo, it is unacceptable for the government to pushing legislation that would leave anyone with less/worse healthcare. the government should be doing its best to HELP people, not hurt them!

Virtually everyone I know who doesn't have government subsidized health insurance is paying thousands more per year that is hurting them and their families. Less money for food, less money for college savings, less money period. So Obamacare has hurt many in their wallets and families. (And they couldn't keep their plan, or their doctor, or save $2,500/year as Obama sold it on).

Posted on: 2017/6/28 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/28 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
So if that number is not correct, what is the break down between people who are expected to opt out, and the people that will lose coverage?

The number may be correct, but the implication isn't. Don't forget that in 2015 almost 6 million people chose to pay the penalty rather than enroll in Obamacare, and since then premiums and deductibles have continued to skyrocket under Obamacare. The CBO hasn't broken down the 23 million number into voluntary withdrawals, but I recall hearing it could be around 10 million.

The sad thing about all of this is that if Obama just decided to pay for the indigent and people with pre-existing conditions we'd have been far better off-instead he tried to move us into socialism, and screwed up the best healthcare in the world. The numbers I've seen were 15-20 billion a year to do that, it was doable.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
So if that number is not correct, what is the break down between people who are expected to opt out, and the people that will lose coverage?

Posted on: 2017/6/28 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/28 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/28 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/28 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Former GOP Congressman Loathed Obamacare ? Until He Lost His Own Coverage....says a lot

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/d ... _59529e05e4b02734df2de1be

Posted on: 2017/6/28 12:25

Edited by hero69 on 2017/6/28 12:54:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
If you are going to try to make a point about something and also keep bringing up that you were a teacher at least write a clear coherent statement.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Was this written by an ESL student?

Your mother must be proud that she raised a child who mocks typos. This reminds me of people who laughs who someone trips and hurt themselves.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 2:04

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017