Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
33 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 32

FSJR9, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Anyone know of a peditrician who is anti-vaccine or vaccine neutral in JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I was just coming back to this thread to post the same article (different source) posted by tickatoe. It's truly a shame, a sad, pathetic shame that so many people (some smart, educated people, and some gullible communities duped by fraudsters) that there is now such a thing as an anti-vaccine movement. That's just crazy. And, as you can see by earthling's posts, these are people that refuse to open their eyes and be rational. They are as ignorant and dangerous as the South African rapists that believe having sex with a virgin will cure them of AIDS/HIV.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nationa ... c-764dc781686f_story.html

Posted on: 5/6 17:42
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/0 ... get-vulnerable-community/

Measles outbreak rages after anti-vaccine groups target vulnerable community

Minnesota is experiencing its largest measles outbreak since the 1990s following a targeted and intense effort by anti-vaccine groups there to spread the false belief that vaccinations cause autism.

As of Thursday, health officials reported 41 confirmed cases, nearly all unvaccinated children from a Somali immigrant community in Hennepin County. The community has for years been a target of anti-vaccine groups, aided by Andrew Wakefield, a fraudulent former physician.

In the early 2000s, the large Somali immigrant population had high vaccination rates. But in 2008, fear that their children were suffering from higher rates of autism swept through the community. Though research later concluded that autism rates were not unusually high in the community, anti-vaccination activists pounced on the panic. The activists held community meetings and invited Wakefield to visit with scared families. Vaccination rates dropped from 92 percent in 2004 to 42 percent in 2014.

Wakefield, a former British doctor who now lives in Texas, is considered the founder of the modern anti-vaccination movement. In 2010, around the time he was visiting the Somali community, he was stripped of his British medical license for falsifying a 1998 study. The study fraudulently alleged that the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine caused autism. Wakefield was paid to produce the study to aid a money-making legal scheme, which ultimately failed. The study was retracted, and Wakefield was also found guilty of dozens of other counts of professional misconduct, including abusing autistic children.

Despite the shocking misconduct and retraction, the harmful belief that life-saving vaccines cause autism lives on.

In a presentation Sunday night to the Somali community, anti-vaccine activist Mark Blaxill played up the threat of autism while glossing over the real risk of measles, The Washington Post reports. “When you hear people from the state public health department saying there is no risk, that [vaccines] are safe, this is the sort of thing that should cause you to be skeptical” Blaxill said.

Health experts in the community have looked on with shock and horror. During some meetings, they were barred from attending.

“It’s remarkable to come in and talk to a population that’s vulnerable and marginalized and who doesn’t necessarily have the capacity for advocacy for themselves, and to take advantage of that,” Siman Nuurali, a Somali American clinician who coordinates the care of medically complex patients at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, told the Post. “It’s abhorrent.”

Measles is a highly contagious viral infection that generally causes fever, cough, a runny nose, and a rash. About a third of cases develop complications, including diarrhea, blindness, inflammation of the brain, and pneumonia. In rare instances, it can be fatal. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend children get a dose of MMR vaccine between 12 and 15 months, then again between ages 4 and 6. The vaccine is very safe and effective, with two doses being 97 percent effective at preventing infection.

Posted on: 5/6 14:55
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on April 27, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Madeline Adinolfe never walked a day in her life, yet she exceeded everyone's expectations and was an inspiration.

The 67-year-old Jersey City native died on April 23, having lived 66-and-a-half years longer than all her doctors expected.

But Adinolfe wasn't the type to tell them "I told you so." Despite contracting polio at the age of 2 months in 1949 -- before the vaccination was developed -- Adinolfe was too busy living her life to waste time being bitter.

More

Posted on: 4/27 23:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
The iron lung did not cure polio and was not used for that. It was used to treat the symptoms and allowed patients to breathe.

It is now almost completely outdated because of modern mechanical respirators.

Do you know why it also is outdated? Because of....THE POLIO VACCINE!

iron lung was invented to cure polio. period. another proof of mistake on part of mainstream medicine, along with arsenic cure. at least they were genuine, not like snake oil salesman.

You're not very bright, yeah?

bottom line is, you never prove risk. impossible. you only prove safety. you want pump into me the unknown? prove it is safe first.

See above.

Posted on: 4/27 22:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
The iron lung did not cure polio and was not used for that. It was used to treat the symptoms and allowed patients to breathe.

iron lung was invented to cure polio. period. another proof of mistake on part of mainstream medicine, along with arsenic cure. at least they were genuine, not like snake oil salesman.

bottom line is, you never prove risk. impossible. you only prove safety. you want pump into me the unknown? prove it is safe first.

The millions of vaccinated people living just fine with various vaccines in their systems is not proof enough?

Diseases I've never feared getting:

Smallpox
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
For the most part Tuberculosis

Because I've been vaccinated for them and so has almost the entire United States population.

Posted on: 4/27 22:03
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Posted on: 4/27 21:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Posted on: 4/27 19:44
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Posted on: 4/27 19:38
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Oh, the irony. :)

Posted on: 4/25 10:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 4/25 9:48
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kimmygo wrote:
The Iron Lung wasn't invented to treat polio. It was invented to help people who suffered paralysis from polio breathe.

iron lung was to cure polio. there was no understanding of polio cause at the time. it came from same mainstream medicine which used arsenic for syphilis at the same time.

Posted on: 4/24 17:32
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The Iron Lung wasn't invented to treat polio. It was invented to help people who suffered paralysis from polio breathe.

Posted on: 4/24 17:23
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
the point rather should be how mistaken mainstream medicine can be. my favorite is wsj article

"the radium water worked fine until his jaw fell off"

https://www.scribd.com/document/188172 ... ne-Until-His-Jaw-Fell-Off

and lets not forget iron lungs bs machine for polio
https://books.google.com/books?id=qOID ... PA975#v=onepage&q&f=false

You are equating snake oil pitches as being medicine adopted by the whole community.

Also, why are iron lungs BS?

community relies on professionals. that is why we license them.
time and again mainstream medicine did blunder after blunder. in fact, if you questioned, you would be condemned as witch, quack, or whatever name they currently use. from pricking women in the middle ages to using arsenic to treat syphilis just mere 80 years ago.

iron lung was invented specifically to treat polio. you would lose you medical license if you questioned it.

Posted on: 4/24 16:31
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
That's the thing though. If you bring your kid to any doctor's office, it's full of unvaccinated kids. They're not fully vaccinated until they're years old.
If you go to a pediatrician's office, all the kids in the waiting room are at difference phases of the process. Several of them take place over 2 to 3 rounds of shots, and you're not fully immune until the end.

This whole thing depends on everybody buying in and everybody doing it. Just one unvaccinated kid can mess up the whole thing up.

Posted on: 4/22 23:43
Print Top

Hide User information
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
I would also like to know the answer to this - so I don't inadvertently bring my baby to a doctor's waiting room filled with unvaccinated kids. K thanks...

Posted on: 4/22 17:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
as soon as someone starts ranting about "toxins" you can be certain you are talking to a misinformed idiot

Posted on: 4/20 10:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

earthling wrote:
the point rather should be how mistaken mainstream medicine can be. my favorite is wsj article

You are equating snake oil pitches as being medicine adopted by the whole community.

Also, why are iron lungs BS?

Posted on: 4/19 21:37
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
EasyGibson touch on a point that seems so prevalent in our current time: the disappearance of family/community knowledge. Grandparents in many way used to be the reference to us, whether on diseases or war. They used to be the reference to decisions we made because they had lived through the horror leading to them. It feels like the OP doesn't have these people as reference. I would suggest in their absence to trust the experts and people who know someone who lived the pre-vaccine era. THIS is what you can control - wasn't it all about this, the notion you can control the outcome, while you will create another?

As for the difference in toxicity related to form, dose and distribution, I can reach to one of my pharmacokinetic expert friend if that can help. He I strongly suggest has vaccinated his kids. Vaccines are safer than not.

Posted on: 4/19 19:59
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, but even if a 10 children out of the probably 10 million that get vaccinated die or get a new condition every year it is still worth it. There are too many lives at stake to allow some unvaccinated children to become ticking time bombs for members of our population who are too young to receive them yet and for the sickly and elderly whose bodies cannot defend against it.

It is selfish as a member of a society as you put everyone else in harm's way.

Posted on: 4/19 19:00
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
Since doctors seem to have more knowledge about vaccines than the average person, I think if 94% of them (from this study) CHOOSE to vaccinate their own kids, then they may be on to something.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/OJPed20120300003_46564276.pdf

also, more doctors smoke camels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

Yeah but what % of doctors back then smoked vs did not? I also prefer Kamel.

Posted on: 4/19 16:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
New parent, and I gotta admit that it's pretty terrifying watching somebody stick a needle in your perfectly healthy kid every couple months. You take a healthy baby and expose them to a risk of harm, they scream, the wound from the needle bleeds, and a box gets checked off on a list that is dozens long. It triggers your fight or flight response. You want to punch your doctor, grab your kid, and get the hell out of there.

You know why you don't though?

Because my Grandmother told me what it was like to watch a sibling die of whooping cough. Imagine choking, gasping for life, for 3 months.

Herd immunity only works if we all buy in. The argument that it's an individual choice is not correct. The NJ vaccination schedule takes place over several years, and isn't complete until well after children are allowed to enter daycare and pre-schools.
When you choose not to vaccinate your child, you're also choosing to expose MY child to risk, as your non-vaccinated child can be a carrier and can infect my child who hasn't yet received their vaccines.

OP, I feel you. I really do. It's an incredibly tough choice and it is an absolute fact that one in a million children do have their lives 100% ruined by vaccine allergies. A perfectly healthy child can become a vegetable. It's scary. Hopefully in the future there will be better ways of testing for these reactions.
For now though, you have to admit that one in a million is pretty good odds, especially when you look at the percentages of kids that had polio, measles, whooping cough, etc when our fathers and their fathers were younger.

I'd urge you to revisit the facts and really think about what you're doing, not with your child, but with mine. You're exposing my kid to fatal diseases in an urban environment.

$.02

Good luck with your decision. I understand how tough it can be.

+1- very nicely said

Posted on: 4/19 12:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
Since doctors seem to have more knowledge about vaccines than the average person, I think if 94% of them (from this study) CHOOSE to vaccinate their own kids, then they may be on to something.

Yeah but what % of doctors back then smoked vs did not? I also prefer Kamel.

Posted on: 4/19 12:31
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
New parent, and I gotta admit that it's pretty terrifying watching somebody stick a needle in your perfectly healthy kid every couple months. You take a healthy baby and expose them to a risk of harm, they scream, the wound from the needle bleeds, and a box gets checked off on a list that is dozens long. It triggers your fight or flight response. You want to punch your doctor, grab your kid, and get the hell out of there.

You know why you don't though?

Because my Grandmother told me what it was like to watch a sibling die of whooping cough. Imagine choking, gasping for life, for 3 months.

Herd immunity only works if we all buy in. The argument that it's an individual choice is not correct. The NJ vaccination schedule takes place over several years, and isn't complete until well after children are allowed to enter daycare and pre-schools.
When you choose not to vaccinate your child, you're also choosing to expose MY child to risk, as your non-vaccinated child can be a carrier and can infect my child who hasn't yet received their vaccines.

OP, I feel you. I really do. It's an incredibly tough choice and it is an absolute fact that one in a million children do have their lives 100% ruined by vaccine allergies. A perfectly healthy child can become a vegetable. It's scary. Hopefully in the future there will be better ways of testing for these reactions.
For now though, you have to admit that one in a million is pretty good odds, especially when you look at the percentages of kids that had polio, measles, whooping cough, etc when our fathers and their fathers were younger.

I'd urge you to revisit the facts and really think about what you're doing, not with your child, but with mine. You're exposing my kid to fatal diseases in an urban environment.

$.02

Good luck with your decision. I understand how tough it can be.

Posted on: 4/19 11:54
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
QuackWatch.com is a great resource to help debunk some of the bunk pseudo science circulating about health, medical issues and nutrition.

They have a link about vaccines here:

http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webg ... e.cgi?ID=1&query=vaccines

It's worth a read.

disclaimer that site is financed by bayer ag should be in order.
the guys who were employing dr mengele.

Posted on: 4/19 11:11
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:

Posted on: 4/19 11:06
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck finding any school or daycare to take your kid.

Quote:

lipzilla wrote:
As I imagined, this is a very sensitive topic. I will leave you all with this. It should be up to the parents. We should have be forced to vaccinate. Every child is different, and more testing/research needs to be done to study the long term effects as well as the combining of vaccines during a given doctor's visit.

1) Please don't go comparing ingesting to injecting. When ingesting aluminum and/or chlorine, your gut has an opportunity to fed off the toxins. When injecting, your body has no chance of fighting the toxins.

2) Glyphosate- You are what you eat AND you are what you eat eats. In order other words, one of the ingredients in some vaccines is cow tissue. If the cows are eating the very grains that are being fertilized by Monsanto's Round Up, then guess what. It's in the cow tissue, and thus in the vaccine.

3) Thimerosal is still in vaccines as "trace amounts". That's a fact. You may not see them listed because the percentage is below a certain level but it's there. And again, any amount of toxins going straight into the bloodstream is troubling. Why not demand big Pharma spend a little money investigating ingestable vaccines?

Listen, doctors used to say a cigarette a day is good for the body. It's helps you relax. Blah, blah, blah. It took decades for the truth to come out about the negative consequences of smoking because the Tobacco industry used its money to influence Government. Vaccines is another big money business. A lot is at stake for these Pharma companies. I don't expect them to roll over. But I am willing to do the digging to make the best decisions for my family.

Hey your kids are vaccinated. Good for you. You guys have nothing to fear. Load your kids up with these vaccines. They will be protected. No need to worry by my kid and my parenting skills.

Listen, kids are sicker than ever. Cancer in kids is at all time high levels. Learning disorders are on the rise. Autism is spiking, especially among boys. The data doesn't lie. Something is going on. I have a hutch why. And it's shame that greed is getting in the middle.

Posted on: 4/19 10:53
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, I sure can't wait to be exposed to things like whooping cough and mumps thanks to your unvaccinated offspring.

Watch Autism x6, I'm pretty sure none of those kids are vaccinated.

Posted on: 4/19 10:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ladybert wrote:
Quote:
If you are healthy and develop a strong immune system, you should not be afraid.

the reality is not everyone has a healthy immune system. not only does it place your child at risk, but without "herd immunity", those who are ineligible to receive vaccines due to weakened immune systems (transplants, etc) are also at risk. this is how outbreaks happen.

Some viruses actually are more deadly for those with healthy immune systems (i.e. Spanish flu, SARS). People die from the immune reaction (drowning in their own mucus). SARS was treated with immune suppressants, which then destroyed the bones of some of the patients.

Posted on: 4/19 9:57
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 4/19 6:43
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
You should be sterilized.

Posted on: 4/19 3:01
Print Top

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login