Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: The Lutze Biergarten - Harborside
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
This business needs to take a little pride in themselves and their community. Early-morning runs along the waterfront reveal litter everywhere from its patrons. Plastic beer cups, discarded cigarette packs, etc. line the benches just outside of, and stretching north from, Lutze. While in a perfect world slobs would clean up after themselves, the reality is that in the absence of such common courtesy, Lutze should be cleaning up after their patrons and/or refuse to let customers leave beer cup-in-hand.

Posted on: 2017/6/21 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Very nice job on the Lutze Biergarten. It really is 4 minutes from Exchange. The concept was executed nicely. Looking forward to my return!

Posted on: 2017/5/9 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
people from Jersey City

Posted on: 2017/5/5 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Apparently you have never seen any international football matches between Netherlands and Germany. They are very distinct societies. But you are right about who arrived first.

Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
I know this is irrelevant, but I can't get over the fact that they say JC was founded by the Germans. No, it was the Dutch. I know they're similar and all, but it's just not correct.....

As for their food, I'm withholding judgment. It's not the kind of place I'd go regardless, so far be it for me to trash them.

Agreed, they're distinct and I think they'd each be happy to give a litany of reasons. But I would still say similar. I think we agree on the point. ;)
There's a reason the Dutch are called Swamp Germans.

LOL... who calls the Dutch, "Swamp Germans"... The French??

Posted on: 2017/5/4 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Laws against public drinking are "don't be an asshole" rules. Just decant your suds into a fresh foam coffee cup and you're cool, and so is your beer.

Agreed. During the summer and fall, I tend to keep at home a stash of styrofoam coffee cups (with lids and all) and I will often take a roadie with me while I walk the dog. I like to think the lids lend more credence to the "don't mind me, I'm just having a coffee" ruse.

The police do not seem to care that people openly smoke marijuana out in public they should turn a blind eye to drinking too.

Funny you would mention this. I have noticed as of late that there seems to be an unofficial policy of turning a blind eye to the use of marijuana, even in public. One the houses at the northwest corner of 1st and Marin has a VERY STRONG smell of weed coming from it almost daily. There are cops stationed directly across from it working off duty shifts as security guys at O'Hara's and they must be able to smell it. I certainly notice the smell as I walk past that corner with my dog. Likewise, I often walk on Newark and Grove and come across the wafting smell of weed and cops don't seem to care at all.

They're doing off duty work it's not addressed because of union issues. Same thing happened when the cops were doing off duty work when that new school in the Heights was being built last year. Three guys robbed the Catlow Moving Company and beat the owner up...he died a few months later. The cops were called but were "on an off duty job" at the time and could not address it.

Posted on: 2017/5/4 21:06
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Apparently you have never seen any international football matches between Netherlands and Germany. They are very distinct societies. But you are right about who arrived first.

Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
I know this is irrelevant, but I can't get over the fact that they say JC was founded by the Germans. No, it was the Dutch. I know they're similar and all, but it's just not correct.....

As for their food, I'm withholding judgment. It's not the kind of place I'd go regardless, so far be it for me to trash them.

Agreed, they're distinct and I think they'd each be happy to give a litany of reasons. But I would still say similar. I think we agree on the point. ;)
There's a reason the Dutch are called Swamp Germans.

Posted on: 2017/5/4 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Laws against public drinking are "don't be an asshole" rules. Just decant your suds into a fresh foam coffee cup and you're cool, and so is your beer.

Agreed. During the summer and fall, I tend to keep at home a stash of styrofoam coffee cups (with lids and all) and I will often take a roadie with me while I walk the dog. I like to think the lids lend more credence to the "don't mind me, I'm just having a coffee" ruse.

The police do not seem to care that people openly smoke marijuana out in public they should turn a blind eye to drinking too.

Funny you would mention this. I have noticed as of late that there seems to be an unofficial policy of turning a blind eye to the use of marijuana, even in public. One the houses at the northwest corner of 1st and Marin has a VERY STRONG smell of weed coming from it almost daily. There are cops stationed directly across from it working off duty shifts as security guys at O'Hara's and they must be able to smell it. I certainly notice the smell as I walk past that corner with my dog. Likewise, I often walk on Newark and Grove and come across the wafting smell of weed and cops don't seem to care at all.

Posted on: 2017/5/4 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/4 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/4 2:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I frequently go out for a wine-n-walk, a suds-n-stroll, or a gin-n-jaunt in the evenings. Be cool and it's cool.

Posted on: 2017/5/4 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2017/5/3 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I've only seen it enforced adjacent to Liberty State Park, but alcohol consumption is prohibited on the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway.

True, but I really doubt this is ever enforced. Heck, the only police I have ever seen in the Hudson River waterfront in JC is over by the Exchange Place PATH station, and those are usually PA police hanging out in a patrol car, with the occasional NJ State Park Police guys in LSP.

Posted on: 2017/5/3 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I've only seen it enforced adjacent to Liberty State Park, but alcohol consumption is prohibited on the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway.

Posted on: 2017/5/3 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/3 18:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was so excited about this place but when I saw the $9 beers, I said I'll keep going to the Zeppelin Hall instead. Costs for beer have gotten out of hand.

Posted on: 2017/5/3 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder what they're paying for monthly rent...

At those prices it's hard to imagine them ever being "busy"...

Posted on: 2017/5/3 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

jcgirl wrote:
Jeez at least wait until it opens before you trash it

First of all, this is a tough crowd, and if you can't handle the heat you should stay away.

The marketing release was beyond awful. Drag in every cliche and buzzword you've ever heard, and hope it sells? And for a place that plans to open in roughly 2 weeks to not even have their menu up so people who see the pre-opening announcement can get an idea of what to expect is just a plain failure at marketing 101. Do I plan to rush down there for a $9 beer and a "backyard experience"? Nope, I can do that in my own back yard with friends. And I can take in the view almost anywhere I want, and anytime I want, for free-

Well, you called it! The draft beers are actually priced at $9. WTF? I will go across the street and get better beers at lower prices, particularly if during happy hour! Those prices are kinda bonkers and, as third_street_hats points out, it is NOT an exclusive view or location... anyone can BYO and go sit on the benches along the waterfront for the same view.

Posted on: 2017/5/3 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

Posted on: 2017/5/3 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/5/3 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
From jeseycityupfront:
Quote:
As for drinks ? the Lutze will have a full bar along with 16-oz. $9 draft beers (Radeberger, Weihenstephaner, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, more), $7 can beers (Lutze Amber Ale, Sixpoint Crisp, more), $9 wine/ros?, and $9 sangria. They?ll also offer frozen margaritas at $11. You can check out the full menu here (PDF). Drink prices are actually very reasonable considering the location and the view.

Are we really supposed to think anything other than maybe the wine prices are reasonable? Especially considering a week ago I could effectively BYO and sit in those same seats or continue to do so on any part of the waterfront.

Posted on: 2017/5/3 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Those directions are why I asked if the Tap Haus was gone, when they opened, they used the exact 4 minute walk / in Exchange Place wording. I thought new owners and/or a brand re-launch.

Ironically I checked the TH website and they have another property open in Hoboken that I think is where the crappy Tilted Kilt was by 9th St. Light Rail.

I do look forward to checking out The Lutze Biergarten.

Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Sounds like a place I would check out and give a chance. They aren't at Exchange Place though like the article says.

"located at 15 Second St in Exchange Place"

Maybe I went to wrong link I couldn't find anything about another location in Hoboken. What is it called? Although I could be wrong but I didnt know another place opened in the old Tilted Quilt location, I thought it was still empty.

Ok thanks, I passed by the Hoboken location today and their is a Tap Haus there. I also realize why I thought the place was still empty now. They seem to have installed darker windows and some have dark curtains. When it was Tilted Kilt it was easier to see inside as you pass by.

Posted on: 2017/4/26 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Yup. the website description was awkwardly written.

Posted on: 2017/4/25 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Those directions are why I asked if the Tap Haus was gone, when they opened, they used the exact 4 minute walk / in Exchange Place wording. I thought new owners and/or a brand re-launch.

Ironically I checked the TH website and they have another property open in Hoboken that I think is where the crappy Tilted Kilt was by 9th St. Light Rail.

Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Sounds like a place I would check out and give a chance. They aren't at Exchange Place though like the article says.

Maybe I went to wrong link I couldn't find anything about another location in Hoboken. What is it called? Although I could be wrong but I didnt know another place opened in the old Tilted Quilt location, I thought it was still empty.

Here is TH.Com... Hoboken 800 Jackson which is parallel to light rail tracks. I assumed it was vacant Tilted Kilt, might be something new on that block.

http://www.taphausjc.com/

Posted on: 2017/4/24 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgirl wrote:

Nobody is trashing the place... some of us are simply pointing out the plain fact that their intro website is laughable: it truly is a hodge-podge of cliches, buzzwords, and nonsense.

Posted on: 2017/4/23 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Posted on: 2017/4/23 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Posted on: 2017/4/23 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/4/23 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LOL I actually wished them Good Luck in my first post with some additional comments. I am wishing them Good Luck Again!

I look forward to trying any "new giant beer garden that promises to transform NJ's Dining scene."

Quote:

jcgirl wrote:

Posted on: 2017/4/23 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgirl wrote:

First of all, this is a tough crowd, and if you can't handle the heat you should stay away.

The marketing release was beyond awful. Drag in every cliche and buzzword you've ever heard, and hope it sells? And for a place that plans to open in roughly 2 weeks to not even have their menu up so people who see the pre-opening announcement can get an idea of what to expect is just a plain failure at marketing 101. Do I plan to rush down there for a $9 beer and a "backyard experience"? Nope, I can do that in my own back yard with friends. And I can take in the view almost anywhere I want, and anytime I want, for free-

Posted on: 2017/4/23 18:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/4/23 18:24