Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Dixon Leasing Cheating JC out of Taxes with the help of Rebecca Sysmes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/14 15:55
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Dixon did a partial gut - rehab (twice because the 1st contractor didn't do such a good job), including a tear off / replace of the roof on the property next to mine. This was a house previously occupied by a hoarder with 30+ cats. My block no longer smells like cat piss. So personally, I have no negative issues with Dixon.

As for abatements.. 1-4 unit buildings are eligible for a 5 year abatement for major renovations, regardless who owns them (owner occupied or investor). You don't report rent income on units 4 or less to the city since they are not rent controlled and are taxed as residential (tax assessment based on comparison sales.. not rent income). So what exactly is this 'special' abatement that Dixon is getting?

Dixon is not applying for an abatement after they renovate a property. If they did, the property would be reassessed and the tax on the property would skyrocket. This is what I think the OP is getting at.

Posted on: 2017/4/19 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

rcjcinsider wrote:
The scam is that 2 years ago, when the city tried to get the taxpayer's share for added assessment due to renovations, Dixon threatened the city with a $300K lawsuit and the assessments never happened. The scam outlined below is what the insiders came up with to protect Dixon going forward.

My job will be to expose the secret deals everyone has been making with the City and their cronies. One day at a time.

I work for the City and I am sick and tired of the BS that passes along one administration to the next

You're such a loser. As has been mentioned, major rehabs are automatically eligible for a 5 year abatement. It has nothing to do with Dixon or city council.

BTW, if anyone from Dixon is reading this, please buy up some of the abandoned properties in my neighborhood in the Heights to convert into 2,3, or 4-family homes. I'm tried of the blight, and it sounds like you guys know hoe to get the job done. Great jobs guys.

Um, might want to re-think that request. Dixon owns about 6-7 houses on my block alone in DTJC. Two of them they purchased 2 years ago and they've been sitting empty ever since. Don't know if they plan to refurb them or sell them as-is, but probably the former. Dixon is usually the last to shovel during the winter and when they are doing refurb work they pay zero attention to the noise they make, starting early (like 7:00) and sometimes all weekend. As neighbors go, pretty obnoxious...

Thank for the info - in the case, nevermind.

Posted on: 2017/4/18 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

rcjcinsider wrote:
The scam is that 2 years ago, when the city tried to get the taxpayer's share for added assessment due to renovations, Dixon threatened the city with a $300K lawsuit and the assessments never happened. The scam outlined below is what the insiders came up with to protect Dixon going forward.

My job will be to expose the secret deals everyone has been making with the City and their cronies. One day at a time.

I work for the City and I am sick and tired of the BS that passes along one administration to the next

You're such a loser. As has been mentioned, major rehabs are automatically eligible for a 5 year abatement. It has nothing to do with Dixon or city council.

BTW, if anyone from Dixon is reading this, please buy up some of the abandoned properties in my neighborhood in the Heights to convert into 2,3, or 4-family homes. I'm tried of the blight, and it sounds like you guys know hoe to get the job done. Great jobs guys.

Um, might want to re-think that request. Dixon owns about 6-7 houses on my block alone in DTJC. Two of them they purchased 2 years ago and they've been sitting empty ever since. Don't know if they plan to refurb them or sell them as-is, but probably the former. Dixon is usually the last to shovel during the winter and when they are doing refurb work they pay zero attention to the noise they make, starting early (like 7:00) and sometimes all weekend. As neighbors go, pretty obnoxious...

Posted on: 2017/4/18 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rcjcinsider wrote:

Posted on: 2017/4/18 15:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/5 18:14
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I believe that another set of developers, the Silverman Brothers, have been dedicated supporters of a similar group (HPNA) for many, many years.

Also, I believe that the HCA's charter - and what their President can and cannot do - is clearly laid out and publicly available.

Not endorsing nor condemning HCA, Silverman or Dixon. However, if you have a problem with the city's abatement policies, spurious innuendo only diminishes your credibility.

Edit: late and I confused HCA and HPNA.

Posted on: 2017/4/18 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tern wrote:
I checked and it is Rebecca Symes herself, general counsel for Dixon Properties, who is also president of the Harsimus Cove Neighborhood Association.

http://harsimuscove.org/board-of-directors

Robin.

How on earth did someone like that become president of a neighborhood (NIMBY) association? This is someone these groups usually want to publicly tar and feather.

Posted on: 2017/4/17 23:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I thought that if you did enough work to justify an abatement, you got it because they were resetting your assessment to adjusted "market" as part of the process. Getting an abatement without first resetting WOULD be ridiculous and a scandal.

Posted on: 2017/4/17 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Since all the Dixon Leasing properties are 1-4 units (in fact, from what I have seen in the past, they are all single family units, but perhaps some are still zoned as multi-families of 1-4 units) I dont see how the rent reporting has any bearing (taxes are not predicated on that for 1-4 units) and the abatement thing is the standard 5-year abatement for such properties. So, what exactly is the issue? Can you actually provide concrete examples of graft/corruption/chicanery? Or, are the histrionics meant to make up for actual facts?

Posted on: 2017/4/17 5:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I checked and it is Rebecca Symes herself, general counsel for Dixon Properties, who is also president of the Harsimus Cove Neighborhood Association.

http://harsimuscove.org/board-of-directors

Robin.

Posted on: 2017/4/17 5:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Robin's comment is def a concern. Nothing better than circulating information...: can rcjcinsider point out a listing of Dixon properties (address/date acquired) to watch out post november assessments? Also, are properties on the receiving end of 5 years abatements excluded from the reval inspections?

Posted on: 2017/4/17 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
In NJ, you can blame the Democrats in the Legislature. In JC and Hudson County, you can blame Fulop and the Democrat machine. Our President has been in office a few months, give him time to get stuff done.

Really !

Trump and politicians just to name a few, have been exploiting tax loopholes, legislation and regulations regardless if democrats or republicans have been in office ... We shouldn't live in a fantasy that one political party is better at governance then the other.

The political and financial elite might 'talk the talk' but will never screw things up for themselves. Trump and any politician will ensure that any of their enterprises or interests will not be effected with their actions of change and if anything, will be benefitted by their political position ... no-one shoots themselves in the ass !

Posted on: 2017/4/16 21:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
In NJ, you can blame the Democrats in the Legislature. In JC and Hudson County, you can blame Fulop and the Democrat machine. Our President has been in office a few months, give him time to get stuff done.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Why complain it's the American way - We have a President (not to mention most politicians) that knows every tax avoidance loophole in all his business and building interests.

Every developer, politician, corporation or individuals that have the means will employ a lawyer or even a team of lawyers to look for loopholes and exploit poorly written legislation ... It might be legal what they do, but maybe not so ethical and unfortunately, being unethical means nothing these days as there are no consequences.

If you want to finger point, then it's Fulop, Christie and the IRS for not 'patching' up those loopholes in our building regulations and tax laws.

Less then a week to go before I'm leaving on a Virgin flight from JFK to LAX then, Qantas plane out of here.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 21:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I noticed that Dixon managed to get one of their staff elected president of the Harsimus Cove Neighbourbood Association. Seems a conflict of interest.

Robin.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rcjcinsider wrote:

So, a bunch of allegations without proof. Happy Easter, everyone!

By the way, $300k doesn't sound like a big threat to me. Nor does it sound like those properties have any sort of immunity from the upcoming reval.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 18:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/18 17:18
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/4/16 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Dixon did a partial gut - rehab (twice because the 1st contractor didn't do such a good job), including a tear off / replace of the roof on the property next to mine. This was a house previously occupied by a hoarder with 30+ cats. My block no longer smells like cat piss. So personally, I have no negative issues with Dixon.

As for abatements.. 1-4 unit buildings are eligible for a 5 year abatement for major renovations, regardless who owns them (owner occupied or investor). You don't report rent income on units 4 or less to the city since they are not rent controlled and are taxed as residential (tax assessment based on comparison sales.. not rent income). So what exactly is this 'special' abatement that Dixon is getting?

Posted on: 2017/4/16 17:04

Dixon Leasing Cheating JC out of Taxes with the help of Rebecca Sysmes

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/18 17:18
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Dixon Leasing, the traitors from Australia have a solid scam going. It's rather brilliant actually.

They have been renovating 1-4 Families in JC for a while. When us working folks renovate something, our taxes get updated. When the City hit Dixon Leasing with a $300K tax increase on over 50 Muliti-Families they have been updating, holier than thou Rebecca Sysmes with the help of her friend Candice Osborne threatened the City with a lawsuit just because she could. Here is the scam:
The deal that was made was for those multi-families to get a tax abatement on the improvement. The crime however was that this was deliberately done to protect the entire portfolio of Dixon Criminals against the Reval as the abated properties won't get touched.
They have also been feeding JC Tax Office (through Rebecca and other cronies) false rental data so that the City can't assess them properly. Taxes on Multi-Families are a % of the collected revenues. When you falsify the rent, the city can't get their fair share. In summary:
1) BS Rent numbers reported to the Assessors Office (if rent is really $3500, they claim 2000)
2) Abating properties for BS renovation work (they never pull all needed permits, just some for appearance sake)
3) Since buildings get abated, they are protected from the Reval
4) Getting Mother Theresa Rebecca Symes to be face of it all
5) Getting your cronies (Candice) to back you up.

Wake of Jersey City. You have been f-ed with for far too long.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 16:33

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017