Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: its official: entire heights must buy resident parking permit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Weird, I could have sworn I commented here.

I think this is great and would love to see it expanded to other parts of the city. The pockmark parking zones are absurd right now, where if you go two blocks from your house suddenly you're in another zone. And having permit parking apply only during work hours makes no sense to me as most people would need parking during the evening anyway.

I like that people working in the area can get a 6 month permit for only $50 as well, which is better than taking chances and getting tickets right now.

also thought this quote was hilarious
Quote:
Pat O'Melia, of Congress Street, called the measure an "attack on the working people of the Heights." O'Melia said it would hurt workers of businesses on Central and Palisade avenues.

"You might as well put red caps on that say 'make America great again,'" O'Melia told council members, "because you're all working for Trump."

wtf does that even mean? I dislike Trump a lot but a lot of Jersey City people love to freak out about any little change.

Posted on: 2017/4/14 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
A few considerations not thought of: Charging for health care worker visits, neighbors deciding to stay for longer visits late in the evening, and proper signatures for street parameters. Many signatures were collected as a whole but not all reflect each block that zoned parking will be implemented. Knowing this ordinance will not take effect until a year from now there will be time for tweaking and polishing which was the thought process in the initial stages of this plan.

Posted on: 2017/4/14 13:48
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
I don't live in the Heights, but I have no problem with them doing this. However, there are two very stupid things here:

"The new zone will not take effect for a year. City officials believe it will take that long to make sure the city's parking division has the staff to enforce the new rules."

Why do we accept that it will take this long for Parking to get its act together?!? MAKE THEM, COUNCIL! It shouldn't take more than 6 months TOPS fore them to be able to effectively launch this. This delay is utter crap. Director Paretti needs to actually do some work for that sweet 6 figure salary.

"A $15 annual permit for residents will allow them to park in the zone 24 hours a day."

Expanded services at virtually FREE rates? That price is stupid and needs to be increased. Some would say substantially or to market rate. I would say $30-$50/year makes sense - that's still a giant bargain. How does this city expect to pay for better services like expanded enforcement - which we desperately need citywide - at these 1970's prices?!?

Agreed, but 60-90 days is plenty of time to hire people.

And pricing should be more like $1000/year for residential permit parking and $+5000/year for non-residents. We need to consider street parking as the prime real estate that it is and promote public transportation and cycling.

Posted on: 2017/4/14 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

earthling wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Look, residents in the Heights, if property owners are paying taxes and increased water rates, so why pay for additional for parking? This mayor/council has also increased many fees on many things. The city has been pushing development to add to the budget without the adequate parking so of course there are problems. Insist all new construction have parking spaces.

no, create public transportation system, like in europe.

Correct.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
I don't live in the Heights, but I have no problem with them doing this. However, there are two very stupid things here:

"The new zone will not take effect for a year. City officials believe it will take that long to make sure the city's parking division has the staff to enforce the new rules."

Why do we accept that it will take this long for Parking to get its act together?!? MAKE THEM, COUNCIL! It shouldn't take more than 6 months TOPS fore them to be able to effectively launch this. This delay is utter crap. Director Paretti needs to actually do some work for that sweet 6 figure salary.

"A $15 annual permit for residents will allow them to park in the zone 24 hours a day."

Expanded services at virtually FREE rates? That price is stupid and needs to be increased. Some would say substantially or to market rate. I would say $30-$50/year makes sense - that's still a giant bargain. How does this city expect to pay for better services like expanded enforcement - which we desperately need citywide - at these 1970's prices?!?

+1

Posted on: 2017/4/13 16:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 13:42
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Look, residents in the Heights, if property owners are paying taxes and increased water rates, so why pay for additional for parking? This mayor/council has also increased many fees on many things. The city has been pushing development to add to the budget without the adequate parking so of course there are problems. Insist all new construction have parking spaces.

no, create public transportation system, like in europe.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 14:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

what an article it is.

thank you for the compliment. I love my fans.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 14:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
terrence was busy picking his nose and twitting about trump at last night council meeting, so it did not make it to the news.

lol twitting

New parking rules for the Jersey City Heights

issue was raised that people come, park and take jitneys to nyc

have you seen a single person driving around looking 15 minutes for a spot, then walking half a mile uphill on western slope? what kind of journalism is that?

Posted on: 2017/4/13 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

what an article it is.

thank you for the compliment. I love my fans.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/4/13 14:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Quote:

earthling wrote:
terrence was busy picking his nose and twitting about trump at last night council meeting, so it did not make it to the news.

lol twitting

your priorities show how you care. you rush to advertise lavarro as "champion" of immigrants first. then, you posted your article after my post.

and what an article it is.

you missed entirely unlimited paid permits for anybody for a small consideration, like contractors. nobody calculated how many should be allowed altogether. just send us a check.

you also missed raised issue of city failing to calculate how many spots are there to begin with. fulop allows illegal driveways en masse. before shaking people for money why not enforce an existing laws?

you missed issue of unlimited driveways for new cookie cutter box houses, converted from no driveway status. city taking those spots, and there is nothing in ordinance addressing this hole in the system.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/4/13 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

earthling wrote:

lol twitting

Posted on: 2017/4/13 13:20

its official: entire heights must buy resident parking permit
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

ordinance 17-033
http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/agenda.aspx?id=1268

fulop's war on middle class continues.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 12:40

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!