Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gulls Cove 2

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/11 11:10
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kingster wrote:
What does everyone think about Gulls Cove 2? The building is 61% sold. Not sure is they're keeping some for rentals? Anyone live at Gulls Cove 1? How is it? Is the structure and management good? Looking into buying there but hesistant because of all the things I've read about the developer.

My advice, if you are already hesitant, look elsewhere. There is so much inventory in the area for full service luxury buildings, why try and convince yourself to buy in the building when you have so many other great options?

Posted on: 2017/4/11 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
The rental idea was short-lived and happened several years before construction actually began.

Posted on: 2017/4/8 1:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/10/4 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
A few years back the developer tried to convert phase 2 to rentals. But he needed the residents to vote for such a change. We weren't having it.

There was a lot of concern that Phase 2 would remain unbuilt for a prolonged period of time and we would be in a situation where the developer controlled the board for that period. However, phase 2 is being built. Completion date has been put off a couple of times, but the work is being done, and the units are being purchased.

Point being, in the not so distant future, we will have a majority resident board that we should have had years ago. We will have to carefully look at the books and the structure as the building as a matter of due diligence. But overall, it seems like a good building in a good location. I can't represent that there is not some structural defect or financial shenanigans that will make living here untenable, but so far so good.

You can PM or call me if you like.

Did the builder change the construction plan or building materials after realizing that it is not going to be a rental? The reason I am asking this is because quality of a rental is far inferior to than that of a condo building (thin walls, applicances, etc )

Posted on: 2017/4/8 0:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/14 0:48
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Thoughts on how HOA fees might be adjusted (or compare to Phase I) given it's shared amenities for both phases?

I'm considering one of the Phase II duplexes. Thoughts on them in terms of construction quality, resale values, vs. reg. condos, setc.?

Posted on: 2017/4/7 12:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
A few years back the developer tried to convert phase 2 to rentals. But he needed the residents to vote for such a change. We weren't having it.

There was a lot of concern that Phase 2 would remain unbuilt for a prolonged period of time and we would be in a situation where the developer controlled the board for that period. However, phase 2 is being built. Completion date has been put off a couple of times, but the work is being done, and the units are being purchased.

Point being, in the not so distant future, we will have a majority resident board that we should have had years ago. We will have to carefully look at the books and the structure as the building as a matter of due diligence. But overall, it seems like a good building in a good location. I can't represent that there is not some structural defect or financial shenanigans that will make living here untenable, but so far so good.

You can PM or call me if you like.

Posted on: 2017/3/12 22:13

Gulls Cove 2
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/28 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
What does everyone think about Gulls Cove 2? The building is 61% sold. Not sure is they're keeping some for rentals? Anyone live at Gulls Cove 1? How is it? Is the structure and management good? Looking into buying there but hesistant because of all the things I've read about the developer.

Posted on: 2017/3/12 11:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017