Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bayonne man steals $3K bike in Jersey City burglary spree, cops say (Downtown)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It will be a slap on the wrist and he'll be lucky to serve anytime in prison ... I hope some disgruntled victim finds out where he lives and graffiti's his home or car with 'WARNING: BIKE THIEF' ... I'm betting that will change his ways !

Posted on: 2017/3/10 18:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Bayonne man steals $3K bike in Jersey City burglary spree, cops say (Downtown)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
I wanted to see the actual bike, rather than his picture. It's great that he's been caught and everything but $ 3000 for a bike? Is it made of silver or something?

For that kind of money, the bike should pedal itself.

It's the industry standard in today's market. Like any sport or hobby you have junk, cheap, affordable, and high end. You wouldn't know it unless you were in the game.

Exactly. But my question is why would anyone in the game, who can presumably appreciate a high-end machine, leave it in an inadequately-locked bike room?

People leave 50K machines on the road routinely when they park their cars. At some point, you just hope and trust that humanity will not let you down. I dont know if the bike rooms in question were inadequately locked, but I am assuming each the rooms was locked and that the criminal simply broke / circumvented those locks. Either way, the victim is not at fault. Owning an expensive bike does not make you deserving of being the victim of theft or burglary.

Bod, I did NOT mean to imply in any way that the victim was "at fault". But let's face it, a bike can disappear into the back of a truck and be gone forever whereas a car (possibly with LoJack or at least alarmed) is a tougher steal and is either on the road or headed to a chop shop. I ride some nice bikes as well as old mopeds and I lock the heck out of them. The bicycles come inside when I'm home.

No worries, man. I never thought you were blaming the victim (not your style) and my comment was more of a general one and directed towards those who felt a 3K bike is ridiculous. As if somehow, someone owning a 3K is a dummy and therefore not worthy of concern. I keep a "beater" (well, used to be a beater, but was recently upgraded) for getting around town (that one gets the New Yorker chain everywhere I go) and I keep the nice ones in storage, from where they come out only on weekends, when I feel like riding a nice, long distance. Those NEVER get left out of my sight, except at bike shops, with the bikes of other cyclists, or in transition areas overnight when attending a race.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
I wanted to see the actual bike, rather than his picture. It's great that he's been caught and everything but $ 3000 for a bike? Is it made of silver or something?

It's the industry standard in today's market. Like any sport or hobby you have junk, cheap, affordable, and high end. You wouldn't know it unless you were in the game.

Exactly. But my question is why would anyone in the game, who can presumably appreciate a high-end machine, leave it in an inadequately-locked bike room?

People leave 50K machines on the road routinely when they park their cars. At some point, you just hope and trust that humanity will not let you down. I dont know if the bike rooms in question were inadequately locked, but I am assuming each the rooms was locked and that the criminal simply broke / circumvented those locks. Either way, the victim is not at fault. Owning an expensive bike does not make you deserving of being the victim of theft or burglary.

Bod, I did NOT mean to imply in any way that the victim was "at fault". But let's face it, a bike can disappear into the back of a truck and be gone forever whereas a car (possibly with LoJack or at least alarmed) is a tougher steal and is either on the road or headed to a chop shop. I ride some nice bikes as well as old mopeds and I lock the heck out of them. The bicycles come inside when I'm home.

Hmmm.... I have one of those "NYC" bike locks which was a few bucks more, but gave piece of mind. Your comment about Lojack for cars, why not for bikes?

If it doesn't exist, could be an interesting business opportunity to explore. Would a person spend money to protect a bike with a battery charged-on demand transponder device embbed in the frame?

Posted on: 2017/3/10 16:07

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/18 3:14
From Hamiliton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Some buildings do not allow you to bring your bikes in your apartment. All must be left in the bike room.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

Many bikes are massive ripoffs.

"You're out of your element Donnie."

Go back to bitching about snowflakes.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/3/10 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

$3,000 gets you a basic entry level racing bike, particularly after you factor in the frame, the component set, and the pedals. Good, entry level carbon fiber bikes will usually run you about 5K. It then goes up from there. You can pay 10K or even 20K for some top end models. The more you know...

There are speaker cables for 20 grand as well. Just sayin'.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 14:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/3/10 13:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

$3,000 gets you a basic entry level racing bike, particularly after you factor in the frame, the component set, and the pedals. Good, entry level carbon fiber bikes will usually run you about 5K. It then goes up from there. You can pay 10K or even 20K for some top end models. The more you know...

Posted on: 2017/3/10 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/3/10 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/3/9 23:33
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:

Many bikes are massive ripoffs.

Posted on: 2017/3/9 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/3/9 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I know their have been bike theft topics in the past on here so maybe some of the people that have had their bikes stolen would want to check out the link to see his picture.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... incart_river_mobile_index

He was arrested in NYC for stealing bike parts in the summer so he probably been at this for a while.

https://town-village.com/2016/08/10/po ... bery-in-union-square/amp/

His arrest is at the bottom.

Posted on: 2017/3/9 21:26

Bayonne man steals $3K bike in Jersey City burglary spree, cops say (Downtown)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on March 09, 2017 at 9:52 AM, updated March 09, 2017 at 9:53 AM

JERSEY CITY -- A 31-year-old Bayonne man has been charged with three counts of burglary in Jersey City and stealing four bicycles, including one worth $3,000.

Anthony Dimonde, of the 100 block of Prospect Street, is charged with entering a gated parking garage on Dudley Street on Feb. 2 and stealing the $3,000 bicycle, the criminal complaint says.

He is also charged with entering a Van Vorst Street building on Feb. 11, entering a locked bicycle room and stealing two bicycles, the complaint says

He is additionally charged with entering a building on Christopher Columbus Drive on Feb. 17 and taking a mountain bike, according to the complaint, which also states this incident was captured on video.

Dimonde appeared in Criminal Justice Reform Court in Jersey City on Tuesday via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny.

His next court appearance will be on May 2 before Hudson County Superior Court Judge Paul DePascale in the Hudson County Administration Building in Jersey City

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... incart_river_mobile_index

Posted on: 2017/3/9 21:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017