Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Activists drape 'Refugees Welcome' banner on Statue of Liberty
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No one talks about the cost of immigrantion, we spend billions when you add healthcare, education, housing but in the meantime, there is no money for bridges and tunnels which are falling apart and will becoma a tragedy. The illegal immigrant population will become part of the 47% that do not pay taxes.
http://www.fairus.org/issues/publications/state-cost-studies

I agree with you 100%, but the good guys won this issue. It's over, and we will get the illegal immigration crackdown we have desperately needed for years.

Just think of how many bridges we could fix with all the tax payer money we are spending on Trump's frequent vacations and housing Melania in the NYC tower she's too humiliated to leave. Can't wait to see the final tally and you foaming at the mouth to defend it like a good little chump.

Posted on: 2017/2/23 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Glad you decided to deflect to contagious diseases. Here's how Trump is helping the anti vaccine movement!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nationa ... ml?utm_term=.f77366ed6fee

These problems already exist because of American citizens trusting fake ass news and ignoring actual science.

+1

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/13/us/ ... -center-arizona.html?_r=0

Great- now actually read the article you shared because it literally states that the health officials say residents want to blame the migrants but the larger problem is actually the declining vaccination rate in Arizona. The first line of the article even points out that they are pressing federal officials for better cooperation because some of the EMPLOYEES were slow to be vaccinated. I'm sure Trump propping up all these anti-science morons will only increase this issue and then you get to read some article from Fox News that tells you it's just all the brown people bringing measles in.

Yes, I did read the article. The US was tardy in vaccinating the immigrants, but let's get real, vaccines are also available in other countries. The immigrants were not vaccinated. If nothing else, the UN does give out vaccines. There are other health problems like diabetes and heart disease which also puts a strain on our health care system. http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/NealAs ... ncy/2013/05/09/id/503579/

Nice job ignoring facts and just breezing past the part where you are WRONG. It was the staff with the outbreak not the immigrants and health officials confirmed it was the fault of AMERICANS for not being up to date. But so very Christian of you to think about yourself when there are people fleeing for their lives. But my parking!!! Enjoy hell Yvonne! Pretty sure if you're into that sort of thing it's where all the Trump supporters will end up.

Posted on: 2017/2/23 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No one talks about the cost of immigrantion, we spend billions when you add healthcare, education, housing but in the meantime, there is no money for bridges and tunnels which are falling apart and will becoma a tragedy. The illegal immigrant population will become part of the 47% that do not pay taxes.

I agree with you 100%, but the good guys won this issue. It's over, and we will get the illegal immigration crackdown we have desperately needed for years.

Posted on: 2017/2/23 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/23 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
My family were peasants in Europe while the slave trade was active all over the world, and you do know it was other black Africans who rounded up other black Africans and sold them, right?

But I'm sure glad we had President Lincoln and the Republican party to end slavery.

And you do know that the parties have swapped roles in the liberal/conservative spectrum in the late 1800s thru early 1900s. The Republican Party started out as the liberal extreme, they have now finally made it to the conservative extreme. Oh wait, no education, eh?

I guess you missed all the votes on civil rights in the sixties that Democrats opposed and Republicans supported . . .

I'm assuming you're talking about the southern "Dixiecrats" who were (to use the current vernacular) "Democrat In Name Only," and started joining the Republican party as soon as that happened in the 1960s.

No, I'm talking about the Democratic Party overall, by votes. Going back to the 30's Democrats overwhelmingly opposed civil right legislation. Are 'Northern' Democrat votes worth more? Or do you count a 'Southern' Democrat vote as Republican because it fits your world view?

Posted on: 2017/2/23 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
My family were peasants in Europe while the slave trade was active all over the world, and you do know it was other black Africans who rounded up other black Africans and sold them, right?

But I'm sure glad we had President Lincoln and the Republican party to end slavery.

And you do know that the parties have swapped roles in the liberal/conservative spectrum in the late 1800s thru early 1900s. The Republican Party started out as the liberal extreme, they have now finally made it to the conservative extreme. Oh wait, no education, eh?

I guess you missed all the votes on civil rights in the sixties that Democrats opposed and Republicans supported . . .

I'm assuming you're talking about the southern "Dixiecrats" who were (to use the current vernacular) "Democrat In Name Only," and started joining the Republican party as soon as that happened in the 1960s.

Posted on: 2017/2/23 12:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Glad you decided to deflect to contagious diseases. Here's how Trump is helping the anti vaccine movement!

These problems already exist because of American citizens trusting fake ass news and ignoring actual science.

+1

Great- now actually read the article you shared because it literally states that the health officials say residents want to blame the migrants but the larger problem is actually the declining vaccination rate in Arizona. The first line of the article even points out that they are pressing federal officials for better cooperation because some of the EMPLOYEES were slow to be vaccinated. I'm sure Trump propping up all these anti-science morons will only increase this issue and then you get to read some article from Fox News that tells you it's just all the brown people bringing measles in.

Yes, I did read the article. The US was tardy in vaccinating the immigrants, but let's get real, vaccines are also available in other countries. The immigrants were not vaccinated. If nothing else, the UN does give out vaccines. There are other health problems like diabetes and heart disease which also puts a strain on our health care system. http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/NealAs ... ncy/2013/05/09/id/503579/

Posted on: 2017/2/23 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/23 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/23 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
And this accomplished what?????????????

It lets the world know that some people / individuals of the U.S don't agree with Trump's foreign policy on banning citizens from certain countries from entering ... it should be a human right to seek safety from wars or civil unrest until normality returns!

No, there isn't a human right to resettle where you desire and expect the host country to pay for your housing, health care, education-and then listen to you demanding that the host permit Sharia law. It's not working in Europe.

I guess when it came to kidnapping / slavery it was ok and to also deny them of their culture, tradition and beliefs ... not to mention denying the native american the same ... the US citizen can be a narcissistic, bizarre and hypocritical species ... maybe we shouldn't of allowed all the jews and european refugees after the first and second world wars too!

You're really going to hate it in Australia.

Not only do they have a sensible immigration policy, which President Trump is finally implementing here, but they wiped out their Aborigines and treated them like shit. All of the problems you claim to have with the US are even worse over there. Lol!

Posted on: 2017/2/23 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/23 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
And this accomplished what?????????????

It lets the world know that some people / individuals of the U.S don't agree with Trump's foreign policy on banning citizens from certain countries from entering ... it should be a human right to seek safety from wars or civil unrest until normality returns!

No, there isn't a human right to resettle where you desire and expect the host country to pay for your housing, health care, education-and then listen to you demanding that the host permit Sharia law. It's not working in Europe.

I guess when it came to kidnapping / slavery it was ok and to also deny them of their culture, tradition and beliefs ... not to mention denying the native american the same ... the US citizen can be a narcissistic, bizarre and hypocritical species ... maybe we shouldn't of allowed all the jews and european refugees after the first and second world wars too!

Posted on: 2017/2/23 0:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

+1

Posted on: 2017/2/22 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

+1

Posted on: 2017/2/22 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

+1

Posted on: 2017/2/22 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Hey, TonyTwoPoops, what a silly name, now returning to the subject, the USA is 5% of the world's population. We cannot allow people in that want to come in, we will be taxing people to death, as it is we are pushing that debt off to the future. Futhermore, immigration is a privilege not a right.
It is wrong to compare the immigration from the early 20th century to now. First, there was plenty of jobs, second, Ellis Island did a health check, unlike today where people enter some are very sick and diseases like measles have returned. Unfortunately, a few people do die from mealses. But there are more serious diseases coming here like leprosy which rarely makes the paper, but it was reported at Beth Israel some years ago. TB is high with the immigrant population and this is deadly for American seniors.
The European immigrants built their own Catholic schools so they were not a burden on taxpayers. NJ spends $20,000 each on student and there is no distinction on American citizens and non-American citizens on education.
Many hospitals were used by recent immigrants that some went out of business, I remember an article from the New York Tmes in 2002 on this very subject.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, TonyTwoPoops, what a silly name, now returning to the subject, the USA is 5% of the world's population. We cannot allow people in that want to come in, we will be taxing people to death, as it is we are pushing that debt off to the future. Futhermore, immigration is a privilege not a right.
It is wrong to compare the immigration from the early 20th century to now. First, there was plenty of jobs, second, Ellis Island did a health check, unlike today where people enter some are very sick and diseases like measles have returned. Unfortunately, a few people do die from mealses. But there are more serious diseases coming here like leprosy which rarely makes the paper, but it was reported at Beth Israel some years ago. TB is high with the immigrant population and this is deadly for American seniors.
The European immigrants built their own Catholic schools so they were not a burden on taxpayers. NJ spends $20,000 each on student and there is no distinction on American citizens and non-American citizens on education.
Many hospitals were used by recent immigrants that some went out of business, I remember an article from the New York Tmes in 2002 on this very subject.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When people come here illegally, it also forces American citizens to compete with them for resources, for something as simple as a parking space to something major as an apartment. Then there is a cost of education and the impact of our healthcare. There has been articles of measles outbreak and TB among illegal immigrants.

Just want to clarify something- you are allegedly super religious ....but you want to send people who are fleeing for their lives back to a certain death because you need the parking spots?

So everyone who comes here is fleeing for their lives? I doubt that. By the way there is the negative to immigration that no one talks about. Let's compare Cuba and Poland. Many Cubans people flee here and Castro until his death and friends are still in power more than 60 years later. When President Reagan saw the uprising of the Polish people against Communism, he closed the borders to the USA. The people had to address this problem. We know what happened. They won and they have freedom. Cuba is still under a dictatorship.

Well - first of all, nice deflection on you being the worst kind of religious zealot. "I know people are getting blown up but what about my parking spots???!!"

Your idea of shutting off any chance of exit from the country in distress by not allowing anyone to seek refuge elsewhere because it will somehow force them to figure out a resolution is absolutely stupid. You are essentially blocking all the exits of a building on fire with that strategy. Be glad there is no actual hell because that line of thought certainly guarantees you'll end up there if there is one. Look at Aleppo and tell me how well that strategy of yours works.

Also you don't think refugees are fleeing for their lives? Do you read anything besides JCList? Can you point out Syria on a map?

We let in the Boston Bombers family and their children said thanks by creating a bomb. We also paid for other fees. Russia also warned us about this family but we ignored this.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/04/25 ... otel-lawyers-and-security

1) I don't humor Fox News by reading anything they publish. Next time pick a source without racial and religious bias.

2) https://www.theatlantic.com/national/a ... ecame-us-citizens/316082/

This breaks down exactly how the family was vetted when they got here. By your logic since we can't predict the actions of children or perform a vigorous background check due to them being CHILDREN we should just send them back and let them die? How very Christian of you! You aren't even making the point you think you're making- you just proved there's no way to predict who will become a terrorists. But if we do want to go by statistics it's white men who were born and raised here.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When people come here illegally, it also forces American citizens to compete with them for resources, for something as simple as a parking space to something major as an apartment. Then there is a cost of education and the impact of our healthcare. There has been articles of measles outbreak and TB among illegal immigrants.

Just want to clarify something- you are allegedly super religious ....but you want to send people who are fleeing for their lives back to a certain death because you need the parking spots?

So everyone who comes here is fleeing for their lives? I doubt that. By the way there is the negative to immigration that no one talks about. Let's compare Cuba and Poland. Many Cubans people flee here and Castro until his death and friends are still in power more than 60 years later. When President Reagan saw the uprising of the Polish people against Communism, he closed the borders to the USA. The people had to address this problem. We know what happened. They won and they have freedom. Cuba is still under a dictatorship.

Well - first of all, nice deflection on you being the worst kind of religious zealot. "I know people are getting blown up but what about my parking spots???!!"

Your idea of shutting off any chance of exit from the country in distress by not allowing anyone to seek refuge elsewhere because it will somehow force them to figure out a resolution is absolutely stupid. You are essentially blocking all the exits of a building on fire with that strategy. Be glad there is no actual hell because that line of thought certainly guarantees you'll end up there if there is one. Look at Aleppo and tell me how well that strategy of yours works.

Also you don't think refugees are fleeing for their lives? Do you read anything besides JCList? Can you point out Syria on a map?

We let in the Boston Bombers family and their children said thanks by creating a bomb. We also paid for other fees. Russia also warned us about this family but we ignored this.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/04/25 ... otel-lawyers-and-security

Posted on: 2017/2/22 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/22 18:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/18 3:14
From Hamiliton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Only in Jersey City can we start a thread about refugees and bring up parking.

On a side note, I just returned from Canada. They looked at my passport and boarding pass. They did not ask if I had a job. They just waved me through. You don't need a visa to visit Canada. Of course you won't be able to work but nobody's stopping anyone from enjoying a nice vacation up north.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/22 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

LOL... at least the ones planning to move to DTJC. They should be issued Citi Bike Passes to avoid that kind of problem.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/22 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
You're absolutely right Yvonne

Posted on: 2017/2/22 16:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/2/22 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/22 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
I really love the attitude of conservatives. I got here, I got my piece of the American pie, fuck those who come after me. This has been going on for as long as people have been coming to America from other parts of the world.

For the record, I have no problems deporting ILLEGAL immigrants, but to do so without fair hearings as is going on now, that's atrocious. And to deport kids who have grown up here, when their parents brought them in as kids, also lousy.

But this paranoia that immigrants are the root of this nation's problems, well that's just selfish. We are all the product of immigration.

Once again.... people are not against legal immigration. There is a process in place to enter not only this country, but 99% of the countries around the world. There is no reason why someone illegally entering the country should go to the head of the immigration line and before the people already in line.

With a rare exception, most immigrants do not come to the USA with the intent of committing mass murder. Progressive like to talk about how time has changed the interpretation of the Constitution. Time and the hard realities of the world today have also changed the nature of how we must review the backgrounds of immigrants. Letting the basic entry standards slip to zero endangers all people living in the USA.

The amazing thing is that all this immigration stuff was "fixed" by congress in 1986. What happened?

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
About 7 years ago, my son left his job to pursue another activity. Before he started this new adventure, he wanted to travel. He went to Canada. The border guards took his passport and his license and did a background check, they found nothing. They went throught his personal luggage and found nothing. Yet they denied him entry. They said they are denying an unemployed American entry to Canada because jobs here are for the locals. Later, when employed he lost his desire to visit Canada. Canada puts out the hype of liberal borders and Americans believe this hype. Europe right now is suffering from the consequences of their liberal borders. There are no jobs for the immigrants and crime is up.

Hey Yvonne- Your son isn't a refugee. This is a totally irrelevant story. No one gives a shit. Try to keep up.

I was making a point, because immigrants come here on tempory Visas and stayed. Case in point, the blind sheik that caused the first bombing in 1993 on the World Trade Center. He made his home in Journal Square. People do use vacations as a ploy and the Canadian guard was not having any of it that day.

Other countries are far smarter than us in regards to their immigration policies.

Luckily President Trump has finally brought us up to speed. So long, illegals!

awww aren't you cute with all that blood on your hands?

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
About 7 years ago, my son left his job to pursue another activity. Before he started this new adventure, he wanted to travel. He went to Canada. The border guards took his passport and his license and did a background check, they found nothing. They went throught his personal luggage and found nothing. Yet they denied him entry. They said they are denying an unemployed American entry to Canada because jobs here are for the locals. Later, when employed he lost his desire to visit Canada. Canada puts out the hype of liberal borders and Americans believe this hype. Europe right now is suffering from the consequences of their liberal borders. There are no jobs for the immigrants and crime is up.

Hey Yvonne- Your son isn't a refugee. This is a totally irrelevant story. No one gives a shit. Try to keep up.

I was making a point, because immigrants come here on tempory Visas and stayed. Case in point, the blind sheik that caused the first bombing in 1993 on the World Trade Center. He made his home in Journal Square. People do use vacations as a ploy and the Canadian guard was not having any of it that day.

And I've gone to Canada and been waived right through the border with them checking nothing except my ID. You're not making any point. Literally the point of your story was "They went through my son's stuff while he was trying to visit Canada and then made a comment that jobs are only for locals." Save yourself some typing next time. Just because you make a story long winded doesn't mean it actually has a point.

Also no one believes any second hand story you relay because this entire forum is filled with bullshit half baked stories from you that no one except Monroe and JCman8 believe because they are equally as clueless and terrified of reality as you are.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:39

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017