Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Activists drape 'Refugees Welcome' banner on Statue of Liberty
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

And if it were European models and not Mexicans picking your fruit, bussing your tables and washing your dishes, you wouldn't care about the current situation either.

A day without eastern european models.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
About 7 years ago, my son left his job to pursue another activity. Before he started this new adventure, he wanted to travel. He went to Canada. The border guards took his passport and his license and did a background check, they found nothing. They went throught his personal luggage and found nothing. Yet they denied him entry. They said they are denying an unemployed American entry to Canada because jobs here are for the locals. Later, when employed he lost his desire to visit Canada. Canada puts out the hype of liberal borders and Americans believe this hype. Europe right now is suffering from the consequences of their liberal borders. There are no jobs for the immigrants and crime is up.

Hey Yvonne- Your son isn't a refugee. This is a totally irrelevant story. No one gives a shit. Try to keep up.

I was making a point, because immigrants come here on tempory Visas and stayed. Case in point, the blind sheik that caused the first bombing in 1993 on the World Trade Center. He made his home in Journal Square. People do use vacations as a ploy and the Canadian guard was not having any of it that day.

Other countries are far smarter than us in regards to their immigration policies.

Luckily President Trump has finally brought us up to speed. So long, illegals!

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
About 7 years ago, my son left his job to pursue another activity. Before he started this new adventure, he wanted to travel. He went to Canada. The border guards took his passport and his license and did a background check, they found nothing. They went throught his personal luggage and found nothing. Yet they denied him entry. They said they are denying an unemployed American entry to Canada because jobs here are for the locals. Later, when employed he lost his desire to visit Canada. Canada puts out the hype of liberal borders and Americans believe this hype. Europe right now is suffering from the consequences of their liberal borders. There are no jobs for the immigrants and crime is up.

Hey Yvonne- Your son isn't a refugee. This is a totally irrelevant story. No one gives a shit. Try to keep up.

I was making a point, because immigrants come here on tempory Visas and stay. Case in point, the blind sheik that caused the first bombing in 1993 on the World Trade Center. He made his home in Journal Square. People do use vacations as a ploy and the Canadian guard was not having any of it that day.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:29

Edited by Yvonne on 2017/2/22 15:45:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Melania Trump was paid more than $20,000 for "modeling work" in the United States before she was actually legally allowed to work in the country, according to the Associated Press.

That report is unproven, and in any case it also was reported there was a gap of a few weeks before her paperwork was cleared. All of this was noted before the election, and no-once cared, and still don't.

And if it were European models and not Mexicans picking your fruit, bussing your tables and washing your dishes, you wouldn't care about the current situation either.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
I really love the attitude of conservatives. I got here, I got my piece of the American pie, fuck those who come after me. This has been going on for as long as people have been coming to America from other parts of the world.

For the record, I have no problems deporting ILLEGAL immigrants, but to do so without fair hearings as is going on now, that's atrocious. And to deport kids who have grown up here, when their parents brought them in as kids, also lousy.

But this paranoia that immigrants are the root of this nation's problems, well that's just selfish. We are all the product of immigration.

It is funny how their head is so far up their own ass that they can't even see that their hate and fear is truly the problem with America. Parents must have really done a number on these people to never teach them compassion or empathy from for anyone that isn't related to them.

Also what a bunch of spineless chumps. "Well it's going to be a CVS so you just shouldn't bother!!!" It takes one chain retail store to convince yourself it's not worth protesting something that you think is fucked up because people are just going to shop there anyways? Is this the new American dream?

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/22 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
... All of this was noted before the election, and no-once cared, and still don't.

More people might well care than don't care -- since Trump lost the popular vote by millions. They just don't live in the old rust belt.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Melania Trump was paid more than $20,000 for "modeling work" in the United States before she was actually legally allowed to work in the country, according to the Associated Press.

That report is unproven, and in any case it also was reported there was a gap of a few weeks before her paperwork was cleared. All of this was noted before the election, and no-once cared, and still don't.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/22 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mscottc wrote:
I really love the attitude of conservatives. I got here, I got my piece of the American pie, fuck those who come after me. This has been going on for as long as people have been coming to America from other parts of the world.

For the record, I have no problems deporting ILLEGAL immigrants, but to do so without fair hearings as is going on now, that's atrocious. And to deport kids who have grown up here, when their parents brought them in as kids, also lousy.

But this paranoia that immigrants are the root of this nation's problems, well that's just selfish. We are all the product of immigration.

I fully support the rights of legal immigrants, and support those who want to come here following our laws and legal processes.

I know no-one who is paranoid about illegal immigrants being the root of the problems our country faces.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/22 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/22 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
And this accomplished what?????????????

It lets the world know that some people / individuals of the U.S don't agree with Trump's foreign policy on banning citizens from certain countries from entering ... it should be a human right to seek safety from wars or civil unrest until normality returns!

And then what you send them home?

Posted on: 2017/2/22 11:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:

It lets the world know that some people / individuals of the U.S don't agree with Trump's foreign policy on banning citizens from certain countries from entering ... it should be a human right to seek safety from wars or civil unrest until normality returns!

No, there isn't a human right to resettle where you desire and expect the host country to pay for your housing, health care, education-and then listen to you demanding that the host permit Sharia law. It's not working in Europe.

Posted on: 2017/2/22 11:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/22 9:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
So did they "scale" the statue like Spiderman and hang the sign.... or did they use the stairs like mere mortals and hang it over the side of the observation deck?

Posted on: 2017/2/22 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/22 2:36

Activists drape 'Refugees Welcome' banner on Statue of Liberty
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Activists drape 'Refugees Welcome' banner on Statue of Liberty

USA TODAY
Charles Ventura
Feb. 21, 2017

Activist scaled the Statue of Liberty and unfurled a red and white "Refugees Welcome" banner on Tuesday, just hours after the Department of Homeland Security unveiled its sweeping plan to deport undocumented immigrants across the U.S.

The banner, which measured 3 feet by 20 feet in length, was unrolled and dangled from the statue's observation deck, the National Park Service said. The banner was removed more than an hour later after it surfaced, the Associated Press reported, but not before images spread like wildfire on social media.

Resized Image

According to CNN, an activist group called Alt Lady Liberty claimed responsibility for the banner. "?Almost all Americans have descendants from somewhere else," the group told CNN. "Immigrants and refugees make this country great. And turning away refugees, like we did to Anne Frank, does not make us great."

Alt Lady Liberty posted images of the banner on its Twitter account, with one caption reading: "The message of the Statue of Liberty is unmistakable."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/na ... -welcome-banner/98225528/

Posted on: 2017/2/22 2:32

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017