Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man Shot Dead in Heights - Waverly & Palisades - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Trial of N.Y. woman charged with executing ex-boyfriend in Jersey City set to begin

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on February 21, 2017 at 11:24 AM

JERSEY CITY -- The New York City woman charged with shooting her ex-boyfriend in the head with his own gun in 2014 is slated to go on trial next week.

Cheryl Nisbett, 40, is charged with murdering Robert Ashbourne, 46, of Mt. Vernon, New York inside his car on Aug. 5, 2014. After he was shot, Ashbourne's car cruised through the intersection of Waverly Street and Palisade Avenue in the Heights section of Jersey City, smashing into a parked vehicle.   

Nisbett's trial will begin Tuesday before Hudson County Superior Court Judge John Young in the Hudson County Administration Building in Jersey City.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _executing_ex-boyfri.html

Posted on: 2017/2/21 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Christine wrote:
So can a lot of other areas of Jersey City...including downtown. Sorry, but I'm just tired
of the negativity about the heights. You can also have a 2000 s.f. apartment without the worry of a flood.

So, if you don't shoot yourself in the head in your car while driving through
from Georgia, you should be reasonably safe.

Since this man was murdered, your post doesn't make sense.

It still makes sense. His ex-girlfriend killed him. Here goes:
"So, if your ex-girlfriend doesn't shoot you in the head in your car while driving through

P.S. I am not making light of this man's murder; I am just setlling a difference of opinion with another poster.

Posted on: 2015/6/26 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(wow almost a year but it looks like they solved it)

Ex-girlfriend charged in mysterious Jersey City Heights homicide

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... city_he.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/6/25 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Summer Dawn Hortillosa | The Jersey Journal

The friends and family of the man found dead in a car in Jersey City on Tuesday are fondly remembering the 46-year-old, whom authorities say was the victim of a homicide.

"Yesterday I Found Out I Lost My Father I Haven't Really Been Saying Much But My Heart Broken That Is Another One Of Bestfriends That Is Gone I Love U So Much Dad Idk How Am I Goin To Get Threw This But Me And The Family Will Find Away I Promise I'm Goin To Make U Proud Of Me R.I.P Dad Love U"

More

Posted on: 2014/8/7 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well, paragraph one still does. I guess we have to wait for details and I will rework paragraph two as the info becomes available.

Fair enough?

Posted on: 2014/8/7 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Christine wrote:
So can a lot of other areas of Jersey City...including downtown. Sorry, but I'm just tired
of the negativity about the heights. You can also have a 2000 s.f. apartment without the worry of a flood.

Since this man was murdered, your post doesn't make sense.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

The death of man found dead in car after it crashed in Jersey City ruled a homicide

Officials have identified the man found shot dead inside a car at the intersection of Waverly Street and Palisade Avenue in Jersey City as Robert Asbourne of Mt. Vernon, N.Y., seen here in one of his Facebook photos. He was 46.

The Jersey Journal
Michaelangelo Conte
August 06, 2014

The death of a man found shot to death in a car after it crashed into another vehicle in the Jersey City Heights yesterday has been ruled a homicide and investigators have identified the victim.

Robert Ashbourne, 46, of Mt. Vernon, NY, who was found dead in a Cadillac with Georgia plates at Palisade Avenue and Waverly Street yesterday afternoon, died of a gunshot wound to the ?head area,? Hudson County Acting Prosecutor Gaetano T. Gregory announced at 5:30 p.m.. The ruling was made based on the autopsy performed on Ashbourne today at the state Regional Medical Examiner?s Office in Newark.

Emergency medical responders and police arriving at the intersection at about 1 p.m. on a report of a motor vehicle accident found Ashbourne bleeding from the gunshot wound and he was pronounced dead at the scene, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino said.

Ashbourne?s vehicle was heading east on Waverly when it struck an SUV that was backing into a parking space on on the far side of Palisade, Rubino said, adding that the investigation revealed the driver of the SUV vehicle was in no way involved in the shooting death.

Rubino would not comment on a report that one of the Cadillac?s rear doors was open when police arrived, due to the ongoing nature of the investigation. Similarly, he would not comment on whether a gun had been recovered.

A resident living half a block from the crash told The Jersey Journal yesterday that he heard the impact and ran to the crash site. He said he found Ashbourne slumped forward in the driver?s seat, he was bleeding from the head and mouth and was unresponsive. He said he called 911 but that he and the driver of the SUV originally thought Ashbourne may have merely been knocked unconscious by the impact. He said he did not hear a gunshot.

The Prosecutor?s Office ruled Ashourne's death suspicious yesterday. All of the Cadillac?s windows appeared intact. The woman driving the SUV could be seen being interviewed by police at the scene.

The homicide investigation is being conducted by the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Homicide Unit. No arrests have yet been made and a motive has not been identified, Rubino said.

Anyone with information on the homicide is asked to contact the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office Homicide Unit at (201) 915-1345 or by email at hcpotips@hcpo.org. All contacts will be kept confidential, Rubino said.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ity_ruled_a_homicide.html

Posted on: 2014/8/6 23:07

Edited by GrovePath on 2014/8/6 23:26:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/6 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Christine wrote:

So what are you saying? he shot himself? I guess I missed this report...

Posted on: 2014/8/6 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/6 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
Guess he was on his way to the hospital huh? The Heights is slowly changing for the better, but there are still some corners you want to avoid...particularly near St. Pauls ...going north on Baldwin to Prospect...there are nice houses and blocks, but it can get shady quick.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No mention of a gun being found in his late model Cadillac with Georgia plates.

I wonder if he was perhaps driving with a head wound.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 14:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/1 15:38
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Live right down the street.
One of the nicest sections of the Heights.
This, like the murder/suicide in September is totally premeditative and could've happened anywhere.
Still one of the nicest sections of the city to live and does not define this area at all.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 12:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Very strange? that end of Waverly is a quiet neighborhood with some beautifully maintained restored houses.

Posted on: 2014/8/5 19:48

Man Shot Dead in Heights - Waverly & Palisades - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Man found shot dead inside car in middle of Jersey City intersection

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on August 05, 2014 at 1:18 PM, updated August 05, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Resized Image

A man was found dead in his car in the middle of an intersection in the Jersey City Heights this afternoon, authorities confirmed.

The man was found with a gunshot wound to his head at Waverly Street and Palisade Avenue just before 1 p.m., said a source with knowledge of the initial investigation.

It appears that the vehicle, a later model Cadillac with Georgia license plates, was involved in an accident, a witness at the scene said.

Homicide detectives from the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office and Jersey City police are at the scene investigating, officials said.

The car appeared to be heading east on Waverly and appears to have rammed into an SUV parked on Palisade Avenue. At the moment, a white sheet is draped over the front windshield.

Residents in the area are watching from a distance as numerous police officers work at the scene. Some residents said they didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. One witness said he saw the man who was killed slumped over in the driver's seat.

Luis Gonzales, who lives on Palisade Avenue, half a block from where dead man's car was said, "I heard a crash and I ran over and I knocked on his window. I thought he was unconscious. He was bleeding from the head."

"I was tapping on the window saying 'You okay? You okay?'" Gonzales said. "I couldn't even see his eyes because of his sunglasses."

Gonzales then called 911. He added that the driver of the SUV that was damaged when the victim;s car rolled into it also though the man had passed out.

Link to JJ Story

Posted on: 2014/8/5 19:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017