Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Getting the most out of ObamaCare
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Was this written by an ESL student?

Posted on: 2017/6/28 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, if you know by doctor, and most likely you don't he will tell you he was not making money under Obamacare. You pretend you are a "know it all on all subjects." By the way, my doctor was the person who got an award that was written in the Jersey Journal several months. I don't make it a practice of using someone's name unless they are a politician. But if you have the energy and go back several months you will find an article about him.

Posted on: 2017/6/28 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was listening to the car radio last week, I don't know the station but was shocked when a person called in to the station and said he pays $3,200 a month for insurance for 3 people. His wife has cancer. I figure he makes a good salary when he said he sold his home to make monthly payments.
yes, $3,200 is a lot but you don't know how much this person makes. i know people, before obamacare, could not even get coverage with cancer or other pre-exising conditions.

It is obvious, it is not a lot or he would not have to sell his home in order to pay $3,200 monthy. I do feel for people without insurance. That is why states covered them with Medicaid. Some people are not getting insurance, they are just paying the fine because they cannot afford even the cheapest plan. My doctor who is in his early 60s closed his practice due to Obamacare. He is now working for an insurance company as a visiting doctor for homebound patients. I went to him for 20 plus years.

Your doctor is in his 60's. He didn't close practice because of Obamacare. That's a beyond stupid statement.

Under Obamacare, the federal government has been spending less money on healthcare while the number of insured people have gone up.

I thought Republicans wanted government spending to go down? Oh, right... A black guy proposed it and put it in place...

My deductible has gone from $500 to $3200 in the past 4-5 yrs.Now I basically have insurance just for major issues

You've chosen a high deductible policy. That is called making a choice. If you had mad a different choice, your deductible would be lower.

Not true. While I could have selected a smaller deductible I am on the same plan I had previously. Had I chose the other plan with a smaller deductible I would have spent even more on higher premiums. In addition after the Ahca my firm has decided it is cost effective to insure us themselves. This was not the case under the prior system

Posted on: 2017/6/27 22:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was listening to the car radio last week, I don't know the station but was shocked when a person called in to the station and said he pays $3,200 a month for insurance for 3 people. His wife has cancer. I figure he makes a good salary when he said he sold his home to make monthly payments.
yes, $3,200 is a lot but you don't know how much this person makes. i know people, before obamacare, could not even get coverage with cancer or other pre-exising conditions.

It is obvious, it is not a lot or he would not have to sell his home in order to pay $3,200 monthy. I do feel for people without insurance. That is why states covered them with Medicaid. Some people are not getting insurance, they are just paying the fine because they cannot afford even the cheapest plan. My doctor who is in his early 60s closed his practice due to Obamacare. He is now working for an insurance company as a visiting doctor for homebound patients. I went to him for 20 plus years.

Your doctor is in his 60's. He didn't close practice because of Obamacare. That's a beyond stupid statement.

Under Obamacare, the federal government has been spending less money on healthcare while the number of insured people have gone up.

I thought Republicans wanted government spending to go down? Oh, right... A black guy proposed it and put it in place...

My deductible has gone from $500 to $3200 in the past 4-5 yrs.Now I basically have insurance just for major issues

You've chosen a high deductible policy. That is called making a choice. If you had mad a different choice, your deductible would be lower.

Posted on: 2017/6/27 21:39
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/27 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/27 21:11
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/27 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/27 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This country pays more for healthcare and education. We are #1 in spending but don't get the bang for the buck.

Both have the following in common: Often the people using the service aren't paying the bill and the resulting lack of price discovery. With our current system, YOU are not the customer.. the insurance company or the government (i.e. Medicare is).

If you want to see an area in medical service where you see a trend of declining prices and / or improved service, look at services NOT covered by insurance.

Posted on: 2017/6/27 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This country pays more for healthcare and education. We are #1 in spending but don't get the bang for the buck.

And NJ is #1 in the country in those two categories. Also in cost of road repair. NJ just raised it's gas tax so that it will now lose revenue from NY and PA drivers, but it's never enough for people on this board. Just wait for the next Gov to raise property taxes.

Posted on: 2017/6/27 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/27 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
How's that super terrific, best ever, nobody loosing coverage, no cuts to Medicaid replacement for the AHCA vote coming along? Oh that's right, he can't even get enough support in his own party to bring it to a vote.

Posted on: 2017/6/27 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wut??

Posted on: 2017/6/27 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/27 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
it's telling that so many republicans don't have a problem with potentially 22 million people losing insurance coverage. i just saw an expert on bloomberg state that about 1/3 of children in the us benefit from medicaid as does 2/3 of people in nursing homes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/us/ ... =top-news&WT.nav=top-news

oh yeah, that coverage nobody can afford when it's necessary to use under Obamacare? I can keep my doctor too, right?

Posted on: 2017/6/27 13:10
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Don't you know that most Republicans only care about you getting the medical attention you need until you're born? Once you're our of the womb it would be a nightmare for the government to meddle in your health care.

Posted on: 2017/6/27 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
it's telling that so many republicans don't have a problem with potentially 22 million people losing insurance coverage. i just saw an expert on bloomberg state that about 1/3 of children in the us benefit from medicaid as does 2/3 of people in nursing homes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/us/ ... =top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Posted on: 2017/6/27 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
cbo just said 14 million [rising to 24 millio by 2026] would lose health coverage under ryan's healthcare plan...guess who gets hit hardest?

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/art ... rage-in-gop-plan-cbo-says

Posted on: 2017/3/13 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
another gop a_shole on healthcare. what prrof does this guy have that a lot of poor people are sacrificing their healthcare so they can buy an iphone.

Jason Chaffetz: Poor People Shouldn?t Buy iPhones If They Need Money For Health Care

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/j ... _58bea6aae4b09ab537d6a395

Posted on: 2017/3/7 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
so teaparty is planning a vote to completely repeal obamacare...well, i think trump, mainstream republicans and the democrats are gonna kick the teaparty in the face.

Posted on: 2017/3/7 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I'm still waiting for Trump, republicans and Democrats to rage against this outrageous increase in drug prices from $1600 for generic in UK to $89,000 in the US by Marathon.

http://www.11alive.com/news/health/th ... n-89k-price-tag/407210610

mayne i should start a business of going to the uk, buying this stuff and bring back to the US?

Boy... Trump has been in office for only 4 weeks??? Seems like years, why just two weeks ago Trump did call in the Big Pharma CEOs and gave them fair warning to get their pricing together... Big Pharma is on the to-do-list.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
Referred to as being in a "death spiral" yesterday by a major insurance company ceo.
Young people are not signing up in significant numbers (since they're young and healthy or on their parents' policy until they're twenty-six).Also, the IRS is not going to enforce the law on the mandated penalty for those who don't sign up.

I am actually surprised that so many people are surprised that a ton of young people (and many not so young) chose to not sign up for ACA. Have people forgotten how young people think?? Very few are concerned with the possibility of medical issues, and for those faced with the choice of expensive medical insurance or a paltry penalty for ignoring the individual mandate provision, well... the math was simple.

I actually know people who have lost jobs and have purposely chosen NOT to sign up for an ACA plan because the individual mandate penalty was a pittance and they could save thousands by just paying the penalty. Even for 2016, the penalty is a paltry $695, which is about a month of coverage for some plans. Lots of people will roll the dice and do without the insurance. Obamacare never had a chance to succeed given how it was structured: the individual mandate penalty was too low, the restrictions on the insurance companies went against all logic and actuarial tables, and the end result was always going to be what we are seeing: insurance companies bailing on the markets, massive losses, and a system bound to implode.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/1 14:07
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Referred to as being in a "death spiral" yesterday by a major insurance company ceo.
Young people are not signing up in significant numbers (since they're young and healthy or on their parents' policy until they're twenty-six).Also, the IRS is not going to enforce the law on the mandated penalty for those who don't sign up.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm still waiting for Trump, republicans and Democrats to rage against this outrageous increase in drug prices from $1600 for generic in UK to $89,000 in the US by Marathon.

http://www.11alive.com/news/health/th ... n-89k-price-tag/407210610

mayne i should start a business of going to the uk, buying this stuff and bring back to the US?

Posted on: 2017/2/13 6:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
"UnitedHealth Group, the parent company, warned in November it was considering quitting most marketplaces because of escalating losses on the Obamacare plans. The company on Tuesday said it lost $475 million last year from the marketplace plans and was on target to lose $650 million in 2016."

Could N.J. lose one of its Obamacare insurers?

By Kathleen O'Brien | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on April 28, 2016 at 1:21 PM, updated April 28, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Insurance giant UnitedHealthcare roiled the political landscape recently when it revealed it will stop selling policies through the federal government website in all but "a handful" of states.

Such policies - in most cases heavily subsided - are a cornerstone of the Affordable Care Act, now in its third full year.

UnitedHealthCare has declined to say whether it will remain in New Jersey's ACA marketplace, where it operates under the name of a subsidiary, Oxford Health.

State insurance regulators in 26 other states have stated they've been notified by United that it will be pulling out of their marketplaces in 2017. Officials in New York, Nevada and Virginia say the company will be staying in their states.

http://www.nj.com/healthfit/index.ssf ... care_health_insurers.html

Posted on: 2016/4/29 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Paul Ryan has an idea for replacing Obamacare, and once you stop laughing I?ll tell you what it is

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/29/paul_ ... ter&utm_medium=socialflow

Posted on: 2016/4/29 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I'm glad the Court decided the way it did. I do like the dissent's line about "interpretive jiggery pokery" though.

I'm just waiting for Scalia to call the President "Odumba" in one of his opinions.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
ADAM LIPTAK

The Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that President Obama?s health care law may provide nationwide tax subsidies to help poor and middle-class people buy health insurance.

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote the majority opinion in the 6-to-3 decision. The court?s three most conservative members ? Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr. ? dissented.

The case concerned a central part of the Affordable Care Act, Mr. Obama?s signature legislative achievement. The law created marketplaces, known as exchanges, to allow people who lack insurance to shop for individual health plans.

Resized Image

Some states set up their own exchanges, but about three dozen allowed the federal government to step in to run them. Across the nation, about 85 percent of customers using the exchanges qualify for subsidies to help pay for coverage, based on their income.

Continue reading the main story

Despite all the issues and complaints at the moment, I think history will look kindly on Obamacare, and whatever form it takes over time.

Regardless, what I find most interesting and fascinating about this Supreme Court is the way that Chief Justice Roberts is settling into his position and role. He seems to be a bit hard to predict, and I actually like that. I think it shows creative thinking and a willingness to set aside ideology in favor of jurisprudence. I do wonder how GWB feels about his pick, though.
you mean the supreme socialist court of the united states upheld obamacare subsidies for the poor?

Posted on: 2015/6/25 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
ADAM LIPTAK

The Supreme Court ruled on Thursday that President Obama?s health care law may provide nationwide tax subsidies to help poor and middle-class people buy health insurance.

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. wrote the majority opinion in the 6-to-3 decision. The court?s three most conservative members ? Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr. ? dissented.

The case concerned a central part of the Affordable Care Act, Mr. Obama?s signature legislative achievement. The law created marketplaces, known as exchanges, to allow people who lack insurance to shop for individual health plans.

Resized Image

Some states set up their own exchanges, but about three dozen allowed the federal government to step in to run them. Across the nation, about 85 percent of customers using the exchanges qualify for subsidies to help pay for coverage, based on their income.

Despite all the issues and complaints at the moment, I think history will look kindly on Obamacare, and whatever form it takes over time.

Regardless, what I find most interesting and fascinating about this Supreme Court is the way that Chief Justice Roberts is settling into his position and role. He seems to be a bit hard to predict, and I actually like that. I think it shows creative thinking and a willingness to set aside ideology in favor of jurisprudence. I do wonder how GWB feels about his pick, though.

Posted on: 2015/6/25 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
ADAM LIPTAK

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/6/25 14:31

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017