Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hit & Run Injures 3 - Man Arrested - Sip/Tonnelle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Do I recall some JClisters disputing the problem / dangers of distracted motorists on cellphones and the like ... you need 100% concentration when driving a car, that means no cellphones, coffee, food or even earphones with music playing. Driving is a privilege not a right and you have a duty of care to other road users ... especially pedestrians and cyclists.

This ass should spend time in prison as does the passenger for driving off and not providing assistance

What you may recall is the simple fact that neither drivers, pedestrians, nor cyclists follow the rules of the road at all times. All three can be particularly egregious in their transgressions.

But I agree that this driver should be locked up for a LONG time. Maybe the passenger too, for not reporting the crime.

The likelihood of a distracted driver killing a pedestrian or cyclist is far easier then to another motorist, however you are right, a distracted pedestrian or cyclist can kill themselves through inattention ... I'm sure there isn't too many pedestrians or cyclists that have the ability to kill another person (especially in a motor vehicle) because they were distracted; more then likely they'll just kill themselves !

Posted on: 2017/2/15 18:45
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Do I recall some JClisters disputing the problem / dangers of distracted motorists on cellphones and the like ... you need 100% concentration when driving a car, that means no cellphones, coffee, food or even earphones with music playing. Driving is a privilege not a right and you have a duty of care to other road users ... especially pedestrians and cyclists.

This ass should spend time in prison as does the passenger for driving off and not providing assistance

What you may recall is the simple fact that neither drivers, pedestrians, nor cyclists follow the rules of the road at all times. All three can be particularly egregious in their transgressions.

But I agree that this driver should be locked up for a LONG time. Maybe the passenger too, for not reporting the crime.

Posted on: 2017/2/15 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/15 17:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 6:04
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
This is awful. I see this everyday...people constantly on their phones and not paying attention to the road. That poor mother and her babies...

Posted on: 2017/2/15 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... it-and-run_that_inju.html
This is the video link to the incident from nj.com.

Posted on: 2017/2/14 22:59
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Unf*cking believeable -- This guy should be locked up for a long time -- Not watching where you are going to an extent that you hit 3 people. Then, of course, when you realize what you did, take off.

Posted on: 2017/2/13 4:30

Hit & Run Injures 3 - Man Arrested - Sip/Tonnelle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on February 11, 2017 at 5:55 PM, updated February 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM

JERSEY CITY - (Ismail M. Aouf), a 20-year-old Jersey City man, has been charged in a hit-and-run crash at Sip and Tonnelle avenues that sent three people to the hospital last night.

...Aouf told police he didn't see the victims crossing the street because his girlfriend was showing him something on Instagram on her cellphone as he drove. He said after striking the victims, he and his girlfriend got out of the vehicle, but after seeing "there were kids hurt they both got back into his vehicle and fled," the report says.

More

Posted on: 2017/2/12 16:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017