Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Letter to the editor posted on line:

Forfeit salaries if sanctuary city raises taxes

I am asking our elected politicians who believe Jersey City is a sanctuary city to put their money with their statements.

If the president withholds federal funds to Jersey City as well as the local school system, I am asking you to give up your salaries. Why should my taxes go up for the statements you make?

My former school had a front row seat to the tragedy of 9/11. My students were traumatized by these events and drew scenes of airplanes crashing into buildings and people falling out the buildings before they collapsed.

My childhood was different, I drew flowers in window boxes or parks, not scenes of death and destruction.

This is not about immigration but the protection of this country. So, will you make a pledge to give up your salaries?

YVONNE BALCER
JERSEY CITY

This is a good point. If anything, the question of whether Jersey City should be a lawless sanctuary city should be put on the ballot. Why should these "progressive" grandstanding politicians force everyone's taxes to rise just to score political points with their brainwashed constituents? If a majority of voters decide this that's one thing, but I don't think the majority of people actually support this...

Posted on: 2017/2/8 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Letter to the editor posted on line:

Forfeit salaries if sanctuary city raises taxes

I am asking our elected politicians who believe Jersey City is a sanctuary city to put their money with their statements.

If the president withholds federal funds to Jersey City as well as the local school system, I am asking you to give up your salaries. Why should my taxes go up for the statements you make?

My former school had a front row seat to the tragedy of 9/11. My students were traumatized by these events and drew scenes of airplanes crashing into buildings and people falling out the buildings before they collapsed.

My childhood was different, I drew flowers in window boxes or parks, not scenes of death and destruction.

This is not about immigration but the protection of this country. So, will you make a pledge to give up your salaries?

YVONNE BALCER
JERSEY CITY

Posted on: 2017/2/8 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
With the number of civilians killed by the U.S over the years, I'm surprised more nations don't ban us instead ... or is that just 'collateral damage' and any 'pay-back' from victims isn't justified !!! The U.S needs to take a good hard look at ourselves and ask what motives terrorism ...

It was all once about communism as being the threat, but in recent times most of the nations we have engaged in, have been muslim (oil rich) nations with extremely high civilian casualties and our so-called 'smart bomb' and 'strategic targeting' have been everything but !

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-k ... ince-world-war-ii/5492051

So now you are blaming the US citizens for acts of terror that has been going on since the beginning of Islam. Here is a historical fact, northern Africa was Christian. In fact, some early popes came from northern Africa. St. Augustine, an early church father came from northern Africa, too. When Islam started in the 7th century, it converted people with the sword. Northern Africa is not Christian, the people practice Islam.

Your comprehension and analytical skills are lacking ... I pity the students you ever taught as a teacher ... then again, if you've had a mental health issue or head injury in recent times, it would account for your current logic and interpretation of views here.

I think it's time for JClisters to promote this cause;

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/2/8 20:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

She's right, dem joos don't be bombing or cutting the heads off infidels......

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

First, I did read about Anne Frank. That is not the same comparison. Jews do not plant bombs in our country trying to overthrow democracy. They do not practice Sharia Law. There is nothing that I have read that requires them to kill 'unbelievers.'

Posted on: 2017/2/7 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
With the number of civilians killed by the U.S over the years, I'm surprised more nations don't ban us instead ... or is that just 'collateral damage' and any 'pay-back' from victims isn't justified !!! The U.S needs to take a good hard look at ourselves and ask what motives terrorism ...

It was all once about communism as being the threat, but in recent times most of the nations we have engaged in, have been muslim (oil rich) nations with extremely high civilian casualties and our so-called 'smart bomb' and 'strategic targeting' have been everything but !

So now you are blaming the US citizens for acts of terror that has been going on since the beginning of Islam. Here is a historical fact, northern Africa was Christian. In fact, some early popes came from northern Africa. St. Augustine, an early church father came from northern Africa, too. When Islam started in the 7th century, it converted people with the sword. Northern Africa is not Christian, the people practice Islam.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

It was all once about communism as being the threat, but in recent times most of the nations we have engaged in have been muslim (oil rich) nations with extremely high civilian casualties and our so-called 'smart bomb' and 'strategic targeting' have been everything but !

Now that we produce more oil of our own, why are our gas prices still high and not cheaper ?

If Trump wants to ban immigrants and place tariffs on imports, the US will implode financially and intellectually.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 22:46
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
One random thought here- during WWII Jews across Europe were routinely denied Visas to enter the US (including Anne Frank's father) as there was fear they were secretly Nazis. Do you think the Yvonnes of today would have denied the Jewish refugees safe passage during WWII? Food for thought.

First, I did read about Anne Frank. That is not the same comparison. Jews do not plant bombs in our country trying to overthrow democracy. They do not practice Sharia Law. There is nothing that I have read that requires them to kill 'unbelievers.'

Posted on: 2017/2/7 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
One random thought here- during WWII Jews across Europe were routinely denied Visas to enter the US (including Anne Frank's father) as there was fear they were secretly Nazis. Do you think the Yvonnes of today would have denied the Jewish refugees safe passage during WWII? Food for thought.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I type the number of terrorists attacks since 2016 and they are broken down by months. There are people who want to destroy democracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2016

Interesting link you provided - looking through it, I find that nobody was killed in the US during 2016 by an immigrant in a terrorist-related incident. I guess the old policies were working just fine. Thanks, Yvonne!

The point being - they would like to come here. This is about our immigration/refugee policy. The USA is not like Europe but I am sure we will be similar to Europe with our open borders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYmmt7tJres

Just curious, what experience do you have working in immigration here in the US? Worked at an immigration law firm? Worked for the government processing visa requests? Please don't pivot and just answer! And before I am called a liberal snowflake I am a lifelong republican who left the party last year.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote: The point being - they would like to come here.

And you think this is a new desire? I'm sure you could have said the same thing in 2001... Point is, the old policy was working. No one was killed in the US in 2016 as a result of terrorism committed by immigrants (or refugees). Thanks again for your information.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I type the number of terrorists attacks since 2016 and they are broken down by months. There are people who want to destroy democracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2016

Interesting link you provided - looking through it, I find that nobody was killed in the US during 2016 by an immigrant in a terrorist-related incident. I guess the old policies were working just fine. Thanks, Yvonne!

The point being - they would like to come here. This is about our immigration/refugee policy. The USA is not like Europe but I am sure we will be similar to Europe with our open borders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYmmt7tJres

Posted on: 2017/2/7 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Luckily for America, the important people already know this. We've won, and President Trump will continue enacting measures to make us safer.

Let these bitter, nasty "progressives" on this site spew as many lies as they want. Doesn't matter, they lost.

When you say "wewonwewonwewon" often, it appears as though you care more about winning than good policy.

This is further proof that political discussions are nothing more than glorified sports debates. Fans root for their own team regardless of the information (on both the left and the right).

I've been very clear about what I mean if you've been paying attention.

The very policies that are the subject of this thread were on the ballot, and the side that wanted to implement them won. That means they get implemented, barring action by the courts.

I think this is very good policy and the American voters agree. There's really no point in discussing further. Neither side will convince the other and for good reason: this stuff was the subject of an 18+ month campaign and has been analyzed in detail for the American voters, who already made their decision.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/7 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Luckily for America, the important people already know this. We've won, and President Trump will continue enacting measures to make us safer.

Let these bitter, nasty "progressives" on this site spew as many lies as they want. Doesn't matter, they lost.

When you say "wewonwewonwewon" often, it appears as though you care more about winning than good policy.

This is further proof that political discussions are nothing more than glorified sports debates. Fans root for their own team regardless of the information (on both the left and the right).

Posted on: 2017/2/7 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/7 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/7 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
People who don't understand english (the difference between the words "immigrant" and "refugee", for instance) should sit back and watch. As my dad used to say "better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Quote:
vonne wrote:
You know what ...bike? Poland did not accept any immigrants and guess what? There are no immigrants blowing up bombs in Poland. This is something to think about.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You know what ...bike? Poland did not accept any immigrants and guess what? There are no immigrants blowing up bombs in Poland. This is something to think about.

You really don't think.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 4:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Make America Poland Again

Posted on: 2017/2/7 4:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

And No terrorist attacks post 9/11 by people from countries in Trump's travel ban

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-met ... attacks-post-911-countri/

Something to think about in your idiocracy. You know what? Not.

Posted on: 2017/2/7 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/7 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If TRUMP has his way regarding the band on muslims from certain countries, I understand Yvonne and Monroe will 'welcome' all gay and transgender muslim immigrants from those same said countries!

Still think the fulop 'sanctuary' statement is dumb, however TRUMP's directive towards muslims is MADNESS!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2017/2/6 22:10

Re: Mayor Fulop to Sign Executive Order Re-Affirming Jersey City Sanctuary City; Drafted with Coalition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Again! Utter stupidity on the half of Fulop. What does this accomplish other than to raise awareness that Jersey city refuses to obey federal law?

Which half?

The half that is trying to get Jersey City unfunded.

Posted on: 2017/2/5 0:33

Executive Order in Detail Establishing Jersey City Sanctuary City Status
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/3/2 18:39
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
On February 3rd, 2017 Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop signed an Executive Order re-affirming and strengthening Jersey City?s Sanctuary City status and outlining a detailed policy on the matter for the Police Department and other city departments and agencies who work with the immigrant community. Here is the Executive Order:

http://riverviewobserver.net/2017/02/ ... rsey-city-sanctuary-city/

Posted on: 2017/2/4 6:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Unsolved triple murder in Greenville, a 14 year old packing a gun at middle school, and Fulop is wound up over Muslim refugees? Maybe organize a protest on Ocean Avenue or MLK??

Posted on: 2017/2/2 20:53

Re: Mayor Fulop to Sign Executive Order Re-Affirming Jersey City Sanctuary City; Drafted with Coalition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
How can any city be welcoming to immigrants or refugees if TRUMP doesn't allow them in the country.

I too could open my home to Syrian refugees, knowing TRUMP will not let them in the country ... It all sounds like a flaky meaningless statement to get some humanitarian points ... I'd like to see Fulop make a much stronger objection to the issue and 'shirt-front' (media statement) TRUMP if he's truly serious.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Again! Utter stupidity on the half of Fulop. What does this accomplish other than to raise awareness that Jersey city refuses to obey federal law?

Which half?

Posted on: 2017/2/2 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/2 20:20

Mayor Fulop to Sign Executive Order Re-Affirming Jersey City Sanctuary City; Drafted with Coalition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/3/2 18:39
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/2 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home