Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

Re-Visitor, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Jersey City rally in support of immigrants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
The report is incorrect. They still processed the visa applications. They just subjected them to extra vetting. they kept granting visas in that entire period.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Considering that China still owns 6%-7% of our debt, I would say that we have a pretty convincing reason to stay in good graces with China, and we are stuck with them for the time being. I think my point is still valid.

As for the safe zones, it remains to be seen how well they would work. I ,of course, think that refugees would be safer anywhere but Syria, but who knows how well the international community would be able to protect people still living a war zone. There is also the potential problems Russia may have with setting up safe zones (i.e. fear of regime change).

I'm sure most liberals would still be up in arms about the immigration ban if it included any countries. They were certainly pretty against it during the campaign.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
A 2013 ABC News article reported, ?The State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News ? even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets.?

Posted on: 2017/1/31 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Obama never had a travel ban. That list just removed a visa waiver, but we never stopped taking immigrants from those countries.

And for Yvonne, we sill allowed refugees from Iran. The travel ban was for US tourism TO Iran.

Both you and Monroe can get your facts straight now.

No, there was a travel ban, Iranians could not get visas to the USA. I remember that time well. I was shocked when the revolution happened and shortly after the revolution the country decided to remove USA influence. They hang gays and drug users. Those images were on television via French tv and magazines.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Obama never had a travel ban. That list just removed a visa waiver, but we never stopped taking immigrants from those countries.

And for Yvonne, we sill allowed refugees from Iran. The travel ban was for US tourism TO Iran.

Both you and Monroe can get your facts straight now.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Perhaps "ally" is a bit much when it comes to China, but either way we need them to get along with us. Maybe Frenemy is a better term.

Maybe so, but it invalidates your point.

The point is that countries like Saudi Arabia are not on the list (even though they should) because they are vital allies to us and we are stuck with them for the time being. Not so for China.

Plus, doing it this way allowed Trump to twist Saudi Arabia's arm into setting up safe zones for the refugees.

And I'd love to see a liberal be honest for once. If those other countries were included, you're telling me you still wouldn't be going nuts over Trump's enactment of his promise to voters? Please.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps "ally" is a bit much when it comes to China, but either way we need them to get along with us. Maybe Frenemy is a better term.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
'Angering our allies' 'like China and Mexico'?

Since when is China our ally??

Posted on: 2017/1/31 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
This has been answered. These countries are our allies. It has nothing to do with Trump's business dealings, though there are many morons who lap up every conspiracy theory they can think of.

And btw, he made a deal with the Saudi King to support safe zones in the Middle East. I'm sure they will pay for them. That's where these refugees belong, not here where they will be a burden, cause crime (if Europe is any indication), and don't fit in.

While I have heard the argument that the countries not on the list are our allies, and taking that to the logical conclusion of we don't want to alienate our allies, it still doesn't make sense to me. Trump has shown he has no problem angering our allies. Just look at China and Mexico. I just don't know why, if you really wanted to make America safe, you wouldn't ban immigration from the countries where the actual terrorists, that actually commit acts of terror on US soil came from. We can sit here and argue the merits of this till we're all under 10 feet of water, but the reality is the rest of the civilized world sees this as a ban on Muslims. Perhaps more importantly, this will only go to help prove the point of the jihadists that America hates Islam.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not talking about that stuff - that's the usual everyday in the trenches stuff. I'm talking about how he feels he's had to become reflexively supportive of whatever Trump says/tweets - that's not the circa 2015/early 2016 Ryan.

When/if the Trump experiment implodes, the Ryan star will be in serious jeopardy, methinks.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@jsleeze, no, I'm sure Ryan is quite happy-of course, one of Nancy Pelosi's aides had to apologize today for making shit up about the Speaker!

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/317 ... ryan-of-cursing-reporters

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
You know what's really great about being a snowflake? Each one is entirely unique and when a lot of snowflakes get together ...well, you know.

They turn yellow and nasty in due time when a 'rescue Pit Bull"
pisses on them.

#libtard

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

It's especially delicious when the honorable Senator Schumer (happy?) gets caught on two sides of the argument

Like they all do. None of this is new - as I pointed out with Sessions and Pence (and McConnell pretty much every time he opens his mouth these days) and Biden last year and Trump based on old tweets. That's politics - anyone who believes 100% of what any of these people says is naive. Why get so titillated?

On this topic though - and a serious question - you think Ryan regrets becoming speaker? I do.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Former President Carter issued a travel ban on Iran after they seized our embassy. Not a peep of protest then.

Hey Yvonne- welcome to the goddamn 21st century.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
The answer is simple. Trump supporters are cowards. They are scared of their own shadows. They need their bubble.

go back to your safe place snowflake

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:13
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

You people made these weak arguments at the time and they were decisively rejected by the American people.

More of the redirect - the election is over. No one is on this board saying anything about Clinton (or Johnson, Stein or Sanders). You broke it, you bought it, cowboy. Deal with it. When your boy continues to shit the bed five times a day, you're going to hear about it. Just be sure to be at the ready with clean sheets.

A sizable number of republicans in the house and senate (and legitimate conservative press) acknowledge that the order was either a mistake or horrendously implemented and overreach. But because you continue your one man jihad on a community message board - I guess you're right. Clearly you know things none of us (or them) know. We should all kneel to you.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Former President Carter issued a travel ban on Iran after they seized our embassy. Not a peep of protest then.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Boy - you love those 3rd grade name calling things and "gotcha" stuff don't you - kind of like the PrevaricatorOTUS.

No different than Pence's tweet on muslim bans or Sessions' grilling of Yates on her willingness to stand up against the president's unlawful orders.

Is tit for tat the best we have?

It's especially delicious when the honorable Senator Schumer (happy?) gets caught on two sides of the argument-like when he said he would've opposed Supreme Court nominees towards the end of Bush's presidency, then squealed like a stuck pig when Republicans did exactly that to Obama. And now this example, where he was weeping the other day, and earlier opposed refugee resettlement.

As far as the fired acting AG, the Justice Department had already said President Trumps executive order was legal. So refusing as she did was a sure fire way for a fast exit.

As far as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the other countries that we still have protocol in place-those countries actually have working governments we can reach and touch. Somalia, Libya, etc-it's the freaking Wild West, with warlords and radical imams running the show. President Trump's business interests (if there are any) have no bearing in his decision (although the loonies would like to think so).

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

This has been answered.

Incorrectly. Throwing yourself on the floor and screaming it at the top of your lungs while wetting yourself isn't going to make it true.

In less than two weeks, the momentum for 2018 could not be growing faster. I see where Jeff Flake is getting primaried for not marching in step; may as well just hand that one over to the dems now. The snap back from this failed experiment with authoriatiran know-nothingism is going to make Bernie Sanders look positively centrist.

You people have been in an echo chamber for years. You were positively convinced you'd win the election and even thought you could take the Senate. Reality said otherwise.

Your echo chamber has now provided you with a new set of delusions. That's nice for you, but you're not changing a thing.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Blame Obama for putting those countries on the list.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/u ... ump-hit/story?id=45163884

Trump ran on his outrage at the system and how wrong (his view) Obama/Clinton and most recent presidents were on foreign policy, immigration, national security, trade, and a host of other issuers. Why does he (and his sycophantic chorus) always fall back on "Obama did it, too!!" Didn't you vote for him so he would be different?

Monroe won't answer why countries with actual terrorists that also do business with Trump aren't on the list. DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT (and then stick head in the sand).

This has been answered. These countries are our allies. It has nothing to do with Trump's business dealings, though there are many morons who lap up every conspiracy theory they can think of.

And btw, he made a deal with the Saudi King to support safe zones in the Middle East. I'm sure they will pay for them. That's where these refugees belong, not here where they will be a burden, cause crime (if Europe is any indication), and don't fit in.

I don't think you emotional children get it. You lost. Cry all you want, turn to your tired labels of racist, bigot, xenophobe, etc. You're not changing a thing.

dude- we are literally on the side that has all the intellectuals and actual scientists. You're on the side that laps up every lie you are told because you're a racist chump (and we all know you are for believing any of that bullshit you just posted).

*YAWN*

You are on the side that was decisively defeated on Election Day according to the only metric that matters, the Electoral College.

You people made these weak arguments at the time and they were decisively rejected by the American people.

But because you have the emotional maturity of a toddler, you refuse to accept reality and instead think wailing and screaming THIS IS NOT OK! and protesting and having many temper tantrums and sticking to your tired hateful racist, bigot, etc, playbook will mean a damn thing.

Just as a toddler who causes a commotion always loses to a stern parent, such is your fate.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

This has been answered.

Incorrectly. Throwing yourself on the floor and screaming it at the top of your lungs while wetting yourself isn't going to make it true.

In less than two weeks, the momentum for 2018 could not be growing faster. I see where Jeff Flake is getting primaried for not marching in step; may as well just hand that one over to the dems now. The snap back from this failed experiment with authoriatiran know-nothingism is going to make Bernie Sanders look positively centrist.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Trump ran on his outrage at the system and how wrong (his view) Obama/Clinton and most recent presidents were on foreign policy, immigration, national security, trade, and a host of other issuers. Why does he (and his sycophantic chorus) always fall back on "Obama did it, too!!" Didn't you vote for him so he would be different?

Monroe won't answer why countries with actual terrorists that also do business with Trump aren't on the list. DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT (and then stick head in the sand).

I don't think you emotional children get it. You lost. Cry all you want, turn to your tired labels of racist, bigot, xenophobe, etc. You're not changing a thing.

dude- we are literally on the side that has all the intellectuals and actual scientists. You're on the side that laps up every lie you are told because you're a racist chump (and we all know you are for believing any of that bullshit you just posted).

Posted on: 2017/1/31 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/31 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/31 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
KING: Had Muslim gunmen killed six white Christians, half the world would have Canadian flags as profile pictures

SHAUN KING
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:26 AM

On Sunday night an anti-Muslim white nationalist allegedly walked into a mosque in Canada and shot and killed six people and left at least eight others critically wounded in a hail of gunfire. All by itself, that news is utterly devastating ? or at least it should be ? but something truly despicable is going on.

For nearly a full day, tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of conservatives all over the internet blamed the shooting on Muslims. The words "Allahu Akbar" were the top trending topic in the United States as the rumors spread that multiple Muslim gunmen screamed this as they shot worshippers in the mosque.

Even right now, when I just Googled the words "Allahu Akbar," the top links were news stories from all over the world declaring that multiple gunmen were heard chanting this as they shot and killed those six people.

But the initial reports weren't accurate. The shooting had one lone gunman ? not two, as officials initially said. The suspect was not a Muslim. He was not from Morocco. He was not bearded or wearing Muslim garb. He didn't speak Arabic. Yet, 24 hours later, Fox News still has not retracted or addressed their widely shared tweet that it was a Muslim Moroccan who did the shooting.

Instead, the suspected shooter was a bigoted 27-year-old white man known to many as a conservative online troll and white nationalist who voiced support for Donald Trump. Perhaps this is why Donald Trump has not personally mentioned this mass shooting even though it was the deadliest single incident in North America since he was inaugurated?

What I know is this ? had the shooter actually been a Muslim who walked into a quaint little Baptist church full of white folk singing Amazing Grace, not only would Trump be genuinely outraged right now, the entire conservative machine would be mobilizing against what they call radical Islam. It appears that radical whiteness simply does not bother them.

Well Worth the Read...

Posted on: 2017/1/31 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
To Monroe - My mother is a Cuban immigrant, left shortly after Castro had firm control over Cuba...I have been to Cuba - and yes, I do not support Obama's policy with regards to Cuba. Half of my family is still stuck there. Again, I have been, first time in 2000. So, I know you weren't expecting that answer - you're a birther probably.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Boy - you love those 3rd grade name calling things and "gotcha" stuff don't you - kind of like the PrevaricatorOTUS.

No different than Pence's tweet on muslim bans or Sessions' grilling of Yates on her willingness to stand up against the president's unlawful orders.

Is tit for tat the best we have?

Posted on: 2017/1/31 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Memo to weepy Chuckie-the internet never forgets.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action ... ee-pause-may-be-necessary

Posted on: 2017/1/31 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Did you feel the same way when Obama shut down Iraqis from entering the USA, or is this just because it's from President Trump?

Again, Melania? Think for yourself!

The Obama administration?s 2011 review came in response to specific threat information, including the arrest in Kentucky of two Iraqi refugees, still the only terrorism-related arrests out of about 130,000 Iraqi refugees and SIV holders admitted to the United States. Thus far, the Trump administration has provided no evidence, nor even asserted, that any specific information or intelligence has led to its draconian order.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30/s ... -to-your-immigration-ban/

Posted on: 2017/1/31 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

IF Obama should be blamed for the list, why are 4 of those countries missing from Trump's ban then: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt?

Posted on: 2017/1/31 16:18

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017