Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 31 »

Re: Whole Foods in JC?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nafco wrote:
i think JSQ or something close to a PATH station or hub makes more sense. I know they will require parking which will exist as part of the new towers parking garage, but also it needs to be a well trafficked area. I feel like the Sears and Harborside which is dead for most of the week would not benefit WF which needs a lot of constant foot traffic.

The Sears location is as trafficked as you van get: a mall, with parking on site, as well as being serviced by the light rail and the Newport PATH station is across the street.

Have you ever been to Harborside? Because your statement makes no sense... it's packed and crowded during the week from about 8 AM to 6 PM. Come out between 11:30 - 1:30 during the week and you will see that people all along the waterfront and in the Owen Grundy pier enjoying lunch or a midday break. It is also serviced by the light rail, and the Exchange Place PATH station is right next door. On weekends it is not that crowded, but that's mostly because there is hardly anything open down that way. A supermarket like WF could be transformative for the area.

Posted on: 2017/4/16 6:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
Seagull wrote:
There has been some chatter that the Whole Foods at Metropolis Towers is a dead deal. Apparently the shareholders of the Metropolis Towers thought they were getting a bad deal out of the project and voted it down. Whole Foods also just closed nine of their stores nationwide due to a poor fiscal outlook, so they may have just decided to not go forward with the construction in this particular location and are looking elsewhere in Jersey City (hence the rumors of a Journal Square location).. [/quote

If it's a dead deal it's nice to because of the shareholder vote. Those buildings are overwhelmingly owned by the coop itself to the tune of about 80%to 20%

Posted on: 2017/4/14 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
i think JSQ or something close to a PATH station or hub makes more sense. I know they will require parking which will exist as part of the new towers parking garage, but also it needs to be a well trafficked area. I feel like the Sears and Harborside which is dead for most of the week would not benefit WF which needs a lot of constant foot traffic.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I have it on good authority that WF is definitely being wooed by Harborside Financial Center. I had heard the same as seagull (the Metropolis deal is dead) and that WF is shopping for another location.
it's a shame that the WF can't go into the sears location (or part of it). that would be a very strong location imo.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 12:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have it on good authority that WF is definitely being wooed by Harborside Financial Center. I had heard the same as seagull (the Metropolis deal is dead) and that WF is shopping for another location.

Posted on: 2017/4/13 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
There has been some chatter that the Whole Foods at Metropolis Towers is a dead deal. Apparently the shareholders of the Metropolis Towers thought they were getting a bad deal out of the project and voted it down. Whole Foods also just closed nine of their stores nationwide due to a poor fiscal outlook, so they may have just decided to not go forward with the construction in this particular location and are looking elsewhere in Jersey City (hence the rumors of a Journal Square location)..

Posted on: 2017/4/12 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
In this article it says that 99 Ranch on Grand Street will open April 21st.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/ ... 04/10/99-ranch/100083576/

Posted on: 2017/4/12 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
I doubt they would be planning a second location when the first isn't even a done deal yet. Also if you go here http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list/development you can see what stores are coming first.

This list http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/stores-development is where Jersey City is listed with a ton of other stores.

The company is currently in turmoil and the activist shareholders are demanding change.
u never know...who would have foreseen two home depots in jersey city?

Posted on: 2017/4/12 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
I doubt they would be planning a second location when the first isn't even a done deal yet. Also if you go here http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list/development you can see what stores are coming first.

This list http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/stores-development is where Jersey City is listed with a ton of other stores.

The company is currently in turmoil and the activist shareholders are demanding change.

Posted on: 2017/4/12 0:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 6:04
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I hear WF is planning a second location in JSQ? can someone confirm this??

Posted on: 2017/4/12 0:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/6 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
Whole Foods scrapping expansion plans

"Whole Foods is now scrapping its plans to eventually expand to expand to 1,200 stores across the US.

Company executives said they are going to wait and see how recently opened stores perform before making any long-term commitments on future growth."

Will this change the plans for the JC store?

Posted on: 2017/2/9 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ntvamrn wrote:
My people are telling me that Whole Foods is looking at opening here in Harborside Plaza 2....where the food court is. The court is closing next week 1/31/17. WF is alleged to be moving into that footprint. Keep your eyes open

Is 16,000 sq ft big enough for WF? This sounds small for any supermarket.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/180428 ... e-Plaza-2-Jersey-City-NJ/

Posted on: 2017/1/26 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

K-Lo2 wrote:
99 Ranch Market had a job fair in November. Any ETA on opening?

I walked by the location and popped in an open door to ask the foreman for the construction inside. He said they're definitely targeting the spring and it absolutely will not go into the summer. I'm hearing from other places they're targeting March.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
[quote]
PremiumContent wrote:
Metropolis Towers shareholders have organized against the Whole Foods plan. Don't expect it to happen there.
what are their objections? traffic?

They should have put it at the old colony shopping center

Again with the Old Colony idea? That's a 15 minute schlep from the Grove Street PATH station. For most of DTJC, the trek would be even longer. As explained before, at that point you are better off taking the PATH to WTC, walking a few minutes to WF, and then coming back.

Regardless, 99 Ranch Market is going into the old Pathmark space. [/quote

Haha. 15 min from where your house? It has parking space and would transform the neighborhood. What do you say to those living on Brunswick or Hamilton Park area? I'm sure they are not going to want to walk all the way to their house from Grove with 4 bags of groceries either. Regardless, if the residents don't want it then it's back to square 1. Which probably means liberty harbor in about 5 yrs

Posted on: 2017/1/26 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Metropolis Towers shareholders have organized against the Whole Foods plan. Don't expect it to happen there.

Again with the Old Colony idea? That's a 15 minute schlep from the Grove Street PATH station. For most of DTJC, the trek would be even longer. As explained before, at that point you are better off taking the PATH to WTC, walking a few minutes to WF, and then coming back.

Regardless, 99 Ranch Market is going into the old Pathmark space.

Posted on: 2017/1/26 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/26 4:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/25 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ntvamrn wrote:
My people are telling me that Whole Foods is looking at opening here in Harborside Plaza 2....where the food court is. The court is closing next week 1/31/17. WF is alleged to be moving into that footprint. Keep your eyes open

This would be great news, but it's hard to get excited about WF rumors after so many years of none of them becoming true. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn the proposed WF for Metropolis fizzles out.

Posted on: 2017/1/25 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/1/25 19:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/25 19:07
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/1/25 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

erstrecs wrote:
Is this really happening? Zero signs of construction so far.

The store is slated for opening in 2020. That's still more than 3 years away. They have plenty of time left to complete the development and open to the public.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 15:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/12 12:27
Group:
Registered Users
Is this really happening? Zero signs of construction so far.

Posted on: 2016/12/17 8:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Poor Yvonne must be having the biggest existential crisis of her life right now. A poor surface parking lot is being dug up...bad. But a big, beautiful, possibly unnecessary parking deck is going up in its place...that's great! But there's going to be awful, awful street level retail with a much needed grocer and create an enjoyable public plaza...terrible! And not to mention it could back up traffic in parts of the city...horrendous! What to do??

Posted on: 2016/7/15 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:

The co-op owners in those "projects" will be able to buy and sell you, my friend. They're sitting on a gold mine.

Not me, but thanks for playing.

I'm sure they've appreciated over time - probably quite a bit, given how old they are and how much the area around them has improved. Getting 3x or 4x on your money is nice, but on a small amount it isn't "buying or selling" anyone. I know Tommy the slumlord has done well, but the average person isn't walking away with a truckload of cash. Either way, that place is a rathole.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I wonder when, if ever, Jersey City will realize that it's a city and start behaving that way, instead of constantly shoehorning itself into a car-first midwestern satellite city-suburb.

The proposed plan is very similar to the P Street WF near DuPont Circle in DC - which is dense and has a lot of carless residents. Parking is the cost of doing business in most cases with WF and let's be honest - as much as you and I would like to pretend otherwise - JC is still more car dependent than it needs to be. Just look at the ShopRite parking lot any weekend day.

I like the fact that the surface lot at the projects will disappear. Now, if they could just do the same with the buildings....

The co-op owners in those "projects" will be able to buy and sell you, my friend. They're sitting on a gold mine.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
They are replacing the gigantic parking lot that currently exists with a parking garage on top of a Whole Foods and people are still whining? I guarantee that this was a requirement by the residents of Metropolis Towers - it's not like they're going to agree to a redevelopment plan that gets rid of their parking spaces permanently.

Seriously. We're replacing a surface lot with a deck, on top of retail. It is a pretty damn good solution.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I am not sure I buy into the idea that people are going to WF and leaving with carts teeming with groceries. From my experience in this area, as well as in suburbia in NJ and elsewhere, it seems like most WF purchases can be fit in four bags or less. Perhaps a result of the high prices. After all, they don't call it Whole Paycheck for nothing.

I live alone, so most of the time, my Whole Paycheck purchase does fit into just a bag or two. However, about once a month I do use the car to load up on stuff like the house brand Italian sparkling water (cheaper than Pellgrino by far). It's summer and I like watermelon, but there's no way I'm going to schlep a watermelon - or even half a melon - home on foot. They will also run pretty good sales on those pricey cans of San Marzano tomatoes, and that's when I stock up and buy an entire flat of those cans. I make my own sauce and always have some in the fridge. In fact I have marinara simmering on the stove right now.

Nice...! And, indeed, whenever they have the San Marzano on sale, I do buy too much of it. I used to buy the same sparkling water, until I switched to a Sodastream. (BTW, if anyone else in here uses Sodastream, you can get replacement cartridges at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10 if you use one of their $5 off $15 coupons that show up in the mailbox every month or so.)

Posted on: 2016/7/14 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
I am not sure I buy into the idea that people are going to WF and leaving with carts teeming with groceries. From my experience in this area, as well as in suburbia in NJ and elsewhere, it seems like most WF purchases can be fit in four bags or less. Perhaps a result of the high prices. After all, they don't call it Whole Paycheck for nothing.

I live alone, so most of the time, my Whole Paycheck purchase does fit into just a bag or two. However, about once a month I do use the car to load up on stuff like the house brand Italian sparkling water (cheaper than Pellgrino by far). It's summer and I like watermelon, but there's no way I'm going to schlep a watermelon - or even half a melon - home on foot. They will also run pretty good sales on those pricey cans of San Marzano tomatoes, and that's when I stock up and buy an entire flat of those cans. I make my own sauce and always have some in the fridge. In fact I have marinara simmering on the stove right now.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Definitely agree that replacing the surface lot with the parking deck is a huge improvement. And, of course, parking right on site is much more convenient than having to go across a busy street.

I am not sure I buy into the idea that people are going to WF and leaving with carts teeming with groceries. From my experience in this area, as well as in suburbia in NJ and elsewhere, it seems like most WF purchases can be fit in four bags or less. Perhaps a result of the high prices. After all, they don't call it Whole Paycheck for nothing. In any case, I am sure some smart people looked at the problem and determined a lot was necessary to make it viable. So, a lot it is. I am just surprised that so many people complain about lots in JC and this one seemed to have flown under the radar.

Lastly, for those who don't think this will make traffic worse in the area, I am simply without words. That intersection is a shitshow and it will only get worse. Already, most days in the afternoon, the traffic along Marin Blvd backs up at least two blocks in both traffic directions from Columbus Drive. Just wait until the hotel opens and then you will have cars trying to drop off guests at the curb, and others presumably loading and unloading (hopefully along the northern side of Columbus) and that corner will be a veritable mess.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I wonder when, if ever, Jersey City will realize that it's a city and start behaving that way, instead of constantly shoehorning itself into a car-first midwestern satellite city-suburb.

The proposed plan is very similar to the P Street WF near DuPont Circle in DC - which is dense and has a lot of carless residents. Parking is the cost of doing business in most cases with WF and let's be honest - as much as you and I would like to pretend otherwise - JC is still more car dependent than it needs to be. Just look at the ShopRite parking lot any weekend day.

I like the fact that the surface lot at the projects will disappear. Now, if they could just do the same with the buildings....
so true, shop rite on the weekend day is a madhouse.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 14:42

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 31 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017