Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Likelihood of Fulop Getting Reelected
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
If/when he does get reelected I just hope he pays a little more attention the the areas of JC that are not downtown. Pushing for the new restaurant row by Lincoln Park would be a great start.

That is not the way the game is played... you will start to see all that positive activity in areas other than DTJC months before the election then the status quo will reestablish right after the re-election.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 11:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
yes, he could be photographed disoriented with only a towel on his front porch and get re-elected. then 4 years later when asked about it, instead of not commenting, come up with a lame explanation, that will be pounced on by his opponents and lose ... so looks like we are stuck with crappy government for another 4 years.

Quote:

MDM wrote:
Short of doing something like eating a baby live on TV, an incumbent in JC generally gets re-elected. Fulop has been a disappointed to me (I wanted more of a reformer and less of a guy wanting to run for governor), but compared to many of the mayors of the past, he hasn't been that bad.

He will get re-elected. Though I have heard rumors that Yun might challenge him.

Posted on: 2017/2/17 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It is important to remember Fulop won the election by 50 plus on the first ballot. Good news for him against 3 other challengers. But his base was downtown in very high percentages. Fulop numbers changed outside downtown. So unless downtown turn out as they did in the past, I think he will have a difficult challenge this time. He is not running against Healy's record, he is running against his own record.

Posted on: 2017/1/25 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
maybe he will actually do and or complete a few things that he said he would - at least between now and next November.

Do we have a list of his campaign promises, that we can compare to what he's done?

Posted on: 2017/1/25 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

likely, for the reasons given, but #notmymayor.

and make it difficult challenge him. read the news, which is not his emails or press releases, but Terrence McDonald and the Jersey Journal -

https://twitter.com/terrencemcd

https://twitter.com/jerseyjournal

maybe he will actually do and or complete a few things that he said he would - at least between now and next November.

Posted on: 2017/1/25 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
If/when he does get reelected I just hope he pays a little more attention the the areas of JC that are not downtown. Pushing for the new restaurant row by Lincoln Park would be a great start.

Posted on: 2017/1/24 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
There have been a lot of high profile departures during his tenure and nothing has really changed in regards to the police or building departments, two major issues blocking Jersey City's progress as a (ahem) "world class city". JC Make It Yours and bankrolling Chicpea are just embarrassing. The parking authority dissolution has been a mild disaster. RCC is a propaganda tool. Who even knows how the JCMUA/JCIA is going. I'll take Chico as a barometer on that.

On the other hand, we have Healy's lawyer and a guy who I mostly know from this timeless article:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_assemblyman_defend.html

who seems like an ok guy with the kind of funny, mostly harmless flaws we all have, and that's about all I can say about him. Is this the best we can get? (I ask that with all of the irony in the world during a Trump administration)

I've heard Raj Mukherji being floated, though I'm not sure he's going to actually run. He seems like the only name I've heard thus far with a head on his shoulders. All of the other names I've heard (Boggiano, Healy's shill lawyer, Yun) will probably just have me hold my nose and vote Fulop.

Posted on: 2017/1/24 4:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
There have been a lot of high profile departures during his tenure and nothing has really changed in regards to the police or building departments, two major issues blocking Jersey City's progress as a (ahem) "world class city". JC Make It Yours and bankrolling Chicpea are just embarrassing. The parking authority dissolution has been a mild disaster. RCC is a propaganda tool. Who even knows how the JCMUA/JCIA is going. I'll take Chico as a barometer on that.

On the other hand, we have Healy's lawyer and a guy who I mostly know from this timeless article:

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_assemblyman_defend.html

who seems like an ok guy with the kind of funny, mostly harmless flaws we all have, and that's about all I can say about him. Is this the best we can get? (I ask that with all of the irony in the world during a Trump administration)

Posted on: 2017/1/24 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Short of doing something like eating a baby live on TV, an incumbent in JC generally gets re-elected. Fulop has been a disappointed to me (I wanted more of a reformer and less of a guy wanting to run for governor), but compared to many of the mayors of the past, he hasn't been that bad.

He will get re-elected. Though I have heard rumors that Yun might challenge him.

Posted on: 2017/1/23 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Any statisticians or Vegas odd makers here ?

My guess is, he'll be re-elected.

Does anyone bother to run polls in JC?

This is my instinct too. Incumbency is a powerful thing and despite some fumbles, people I've spoken to still see him as far superior to the mayor he replaced and all the ones that came before him. The population Downtown has increased by a lot and the additional turnout of having it in November will help him out too.

How does it work, does someone need to get at least 50% to outright win and not trigger a runoff? I feel he'll at least get plurality and then outright win if there's a runoff.

Posted on: 2017/1/23 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

My guess is, he'll be re-elected.

Does anyone bother to run polls in JC?

Posted on: 2017/1/23 18:53

Likelihood of Fulop Getting Reelected
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

https://youtu.be/f4zyjLyBp64

Posted on: 2017/1/23 15:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017