Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (17 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 3
Guests: 74

Dolomiti, Monroe, Killtown, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Wow - LSC's Updated Plans for SciTech Scity
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Smells like Xanadu II!
ditto. i'm not sure there is a business case for this? i could see if a major university were opening there, but a k-12 school- charter or public? funding?

Posted on: 1/31 6:59
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Smells like Xanadu II!

Posted on: 1/30 23:28
Print Top

Re: Transformative SciTechsity Science Technology Campus LSC Advance Council Approval
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Plans for Liberty Science Center expansion clear hurdle

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 30, 2017 at 4:31 PM

JERSEY CITY -- New zoning approved by the City Council last week paves the way for a $280 million expansion of Liberty Science Center that will include a K-12 science and math-focused school, labs and a "scholars village" with residences for visiting scientists.

The project, known as Scitech Scity, is slated for 16 acres of city-owned land adjacent to the science center. Mayor Steve Fulop in a statement touted the project as one that will be a catalyst for a growing technology sector in Jersey City.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _liberty_science_cen.html

Posted on: 1/30 21:16
Print Top

Re: Transformative SciTechsity Science Technology Campus LSC Advance Council Approval

Hide User information
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
"Funding for the project is expected to come largely from venture partners and philanthropists"

Sounds great! I just hope they already know who is paying for this so we dont get stuck with the bill in a few years. Looking forward to it though.

Posted on: 1/27 10:13
Print Top

Transformative SciTechsity Science Technology Campus LSC Advance Council Approval
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/27 2:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Must be nice, with all the FREE land they're getting from Jersey City to build it. Are we sure we can trust Liberty Science Center to not screw this project up?

Remember some years ago when the city had to bail out Liberty Science Center with an interest-free $ 2.5 million loan? This was because when they expanded their buildings years ago, they had no clue how massive the increased utility costs were going to be. I don't know if they ever paid the loan back either.

Furthermore, let's not forget all the vice presidents the organization has with their extremely bloated salaries and yet they laid off a slew of people who make less than $ 30,000 per year. Yeah, I'm sure they'll do great running a hotel, school, residential community and research facility.

You sound like DanL. This is a fantastic and welcomed addition to the city. Unless you're saying the land should have been sold to the highest bidder.

The land should have been sold to the highest bidder but that's another matter. It will be fantastic if it ever actually gets built and the Liberty Science Center knows what the hell they're doing when they are running it. Given their past track record, I can't see how they can be trusted.

Posted on: 1/6 13:04
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Must be nice, with all the FREE land they're getting from Jersey City to build it. Are we sure we can trust Liberty Science Center to not screw this project up?

Remember some years ago when the city had to bail out Liberty Science Center with an interest-free $ 2.5 million loan? This was because when they expanded their buildings years ago, they had no clue how massive the increased utility costs were going to be. I don't know if they ever paid the loan back either.

Furthermore, let's not forget all the vice presidents the organization has with their extremely bloated salaries and yet they laid off a slew of people who make less than $ 30,000 per year. Yeah, I'm sure they'll do great running a hotel, school, residential community and research facility.

You sound like DanL. This is a fantastic and welcomed addition to the city. Unless you're saying the land should have been sold to the highest bidder.

Posted on: 1/6 12:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I guess it'll need a superhighway from the Liberty Diner to Van Vorst Park, once they build the car bridge alongside the stinky bridge to connect downtown without having to drive Grand/Pacific/Johnston to get there.

Posted on: 1/6 12:38
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/6 12:32
Print Top

Wow - LSC's Updated Plans for SciTech Scity

Hide User information
From Jersey City - Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/6 10:24
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: