Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Seth Boyden Housing Project Complex to Become PATH Station Village
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
I wonder if this moving forward means the Westside Ave Path stop might become a reality one day also.

That depends on who owns and will develop around said Westside PATH stop. It would be relatively easy to install one if they ever did decide.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
I wonder if this moving forward means the Westside Ave Path stop might become a reality one day also.

I doubt it. The current plan is not to build an additional station in South Newark, but to just extend PATH service to EWR Amtrak/NJT Station and insist that local people will use it.

The wording appears to be intentionally vague, but pages 31 and 38 of the below report make it clear that the folks living in the area around Seth Boyden Projects and Frelinghuysen Ave would be able to walk to the new PATH service extended to the preexisting station rather than having a new station built for them.

Also, given that only 3,500 people live along the stretch of Frelinghuysen Ave on the east side of Weequahic Park, most of whom are in public housing and living below the poverty line, I can't see the PA lifting a finger to help them.

As DanL said, this is just a sop statement to give the extension to EWR a veneer of civic responsibility by spuriously contending that it will help regenerate this community, when in fact this entire project is for the benefit of tourists to NYC.

http://www.newarkha.org/cni/CNIDOCS/C ... -_Narrative_Only_04-09-14[1].pdf

Posted on: 2017/1/6 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:

this sounds like a sop in attempts to justify the expense of extending the PATH to Newark Airport. there is no shortage of increasing PATH ridership and only two tunnels under the north river.

One-seat train from Manhattan and JC to EWR sounds like a big win to me. An expensive one, but still a win.

I also doubt there is a massive rush of planes arriving at 8:00 AM weekdays, and departing at 6:00 PM weekdays and 12:00 AM weekends. More likely is that there will be better utilization of off-hour trains, which are not particularly crowded.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

this sounds like a sop in attempts to justify the expense of extending the PATH to Newark Airport. there is no shortage of increasing PATH ridership and only two tunnels under the north river.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/1/6 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Jan 5 2017 - 4:34pm

A vote early this morning by Port Authority Officials to add an extention to its rail lines that will include the former Newark Seth Boyden Housing Projects Complex had been approved.

This is a message from Newark's Mayor:

?I applaud the vote by the Port Authority Board this morning to include funding for extending the PATH rail-line from Newark Penn Station to Newark Liberty Airport and Newark?s South Ward.

This project will reinforce Newark Airport's potential as a major source of jobs for Newark and Elizabeth residents.

It will benefit airport users by providing a one seat connection to lower Manhattan for the first time as well as more frequent service from the airport to midtown Manhattan.

?Just as important, it will give a major economic boost to an underdeveloped area of Newark. One element of the extension is building a new PATH station on Frelinghuysen Avenue near its intersection with Haynes Avenue.

Numerous hotel and industrial developers have expressed interest in building in the transit village that will be created near the new PATH station.

The project will transform the Dayton/Seth Boyden community, creating economic growth, jobs, new housing and an improved quality of life.

?This project has been long in the planning and has brought together a unique partnership between the Port Authority, the City of Newark, the Regional Plan Association, the Newark Community Economic Development Corporation, the Newark Housing Authority and the Newark Public Schools.

As Mayor, I will work with our federal and state elected officials to obtain the funding to complete this critical addition to the region?s transportation and economic infrastructure."

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/forme ... come-path-station-village
rename the project, "trump path village" and funding along with a tweet will be arriving shortly thereafter!

Posted on: 2017/1/6 1:38

Seth Boyden Housing Project Complex to Become PATH Station Village
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Jan 5 2017 - 4:34pm

A vote early this morning by Port Authority Officials to add an extention to its rail lines that will include the former Newark Seth Boyden Housing Projects Complex had been approved.

This is a message from Newark's Mayor:

?I applaud the vote by the Port Authority Board this morning to include funding for extending the PATH rail-line from Newark Penn Station to Newark Liberty Airport and Newark?s South Ward.

This project will reinforce Newark Airport's potential as a major source of jobs for Newark and Elizabeth residents.

It will benefit airport users by providing a one seat connection to lower Manhattan for the first time as well as more frequent service from the airport to midtown Manhattan.

?Just as important, it will give a major economic boost to an underdeveloped area of Newark. One element of the extension is building a new PATH station on Frelinghuysen Avenue near its intersection with Haynes Avenue.

Numerous hotel and industrial developers have expressed interest in building in the transit village that will be created near the new PATH station.

The project will transform the Dayton/Seth Boyden community, creating economic growth, jobs, new housing and an improved quality of life.

?This project has been long in the planning and has brought together a unique partnership between the Port Authority, the City of Newark, the Regional Plan Association, the Newark Community Economic Development Corporation, the Newark Housing Authority and the Newark Public Schools.

As Mayor, I will work with our federal and state elected officials to obtain the funding to complete this critical addition to the region?s transportation and economic infrastructure."

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/forme ... come-path-station-village

Posted on: 2017/1/5 23:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017