Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   4 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 49 50 51 (52) 53 54 55 ... 78 »

Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
The guy they tortured was a Klan member because, just like Alex Jones, I felt like making stuff up.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
BLM thugs tied up and tortured a white Trump supporter live on Facebook.

http://www.infowars.com/shock-video-w ... st-black-anti-trump-gang/

Mass media has completely ignored the story so far, but there's video and arrests have been made. Considering how much press the fake "hate crimes" committed by Trump supporters get, this is a new low, even for our liberal mass media.

Also really shows you the barbarism of some members of society.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Seems to me the adults are back in charge...

If that's true, we can at least hope Mr. Trump stays out of their way.

"Rex, quick, jingle your keys in front of him!"

Posted on: 2017/1/6 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
I don't think anyone thought that Mexico would write us a check; likely we'll withhold aid money, throw some tariffs up, etc. In any case, he's building a wall that will waste billions of taxpayer dollars that we have little to no hope of recovering from a foreign country, which is most important.

FTFY

Estimates vary, but somewhere around 20% to 30% of Mexico's GDP is dependent on remittances back from the USA. Millions of now unemployed Mestizo Mexicans flooding back into Mexico proper is a formula for revolution. Mexican elites aren't to keen on this happening.

Another third of the economy is oil. The latter requires good terms with the USA to make $$$ for Mexico because Mexico can't really export to anyone else (US refiners figured out how to turn low grade heavy oil into high grade products like gasoline). Nobody else can process high sulfur, high viscosity crude like US refiners can.. unless you plan to turn all of Mexico's oil into asphalt.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think anyone thought that Mexico would write us a check; likely we'll withhold aid money, throw some tariffs up, etc. In any case, he's building a wall that will waste billions of taxpayer dollars that we have little to no hope of recovering from a foreign country, which is most important.

FTFY

Posted on: 2017/1/6 11:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think anyone thought that Mexico would write us a check; likely we'll withhold aid money, throw some tariffs up, etc. In any case, he's building it, which is most important.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Trump to ask for Federal funding to build border wall.

Yet another key campaign promise broken.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Senator Schumer calls flight attendant a bitch, because she wanted him to power down his cell phone-at first, Senator Gillebrand tried to cover for him.

I wonder what his feminist, 1%er comedienne cousin Amy Schumer will say? Where's the outrage from the left?

http://nypost.com/2009/12/16/schumer- ... urn-off-cell-phone-bitch/
the flight attendant should have calle him an asshole.

Posted on: 2017/1/6 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Senator Schumer calls flight attendant a bitch, because she wanted him to power down his cell phone-at first, Senator Gillebrand tried to cover for him.

I wonder what his feminist, 1%er comedienne cousin Amy Schumer will say? Where's the outrage from the left?

http://nypost.com/2009/12/16/schumer- ... urn-off-cell-phone-bitch/

Posted on: 2017/1/6 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty funny story about the liberal media getting taken in by their own foolishness to form fake pro-Hillary news narratives.

It is a bit dragged out Daily Beast piece but it is no wonder MSM were so surprised by Trump's victory. How can anybody believe their fear mongering today.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... 55-year-old-comedian.html

Posted on: 2017/1/6 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The paperwork is approved and being processed with the Australian Embassy and I'm looking for a rental in Melbourne Australia online - Looking forward to the adventure. Also looking for a realtor to find tenants for my two properties in JC and Bayonne

cool story bro, when does the movie come out?

Posted on: 2017/1/5 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Give me Ford deciding to keep jobs and investments in the USA (not because of Trump threats, but because they think the country will turn around) any day over Obama giving Solyndra and it's connected backs a half billion taxpayer dollars, only to see it disappear.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The paperwork is approved and being processed with the Australian Embassy and I'm looking for a rental in Melbourne Australia online - Looking forward to the adventure. Also looking for a realtor to find tenants for my two properties in JC and Bayonne

Posted on: 2017/1/5 22:27
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nice article about Trumps car deals.

What Scares Me The Most About Donald Trump Making 'Deals' With Automakers

Freddy "Tavarish" Hernandez

Donald Trump, polarizing showman that he is, proved that he won?t wait until inauguration day to start his politically charged quest to Make America Great Again, whatever that means. However, political optics aside, his interventions and deals with large companies, and car companies in particular, are scaring the shit out of me.

A quick note to those who expect a one-sided polemic on Donald Trump: this isn?t one. I am a conservative, primarily on economic matters, but am neither a Trump supporter nor a detractor. And I find myself with increasing concerns about how Trump seems to see his role as president as being someone who should interfere with free market economics.

Perhaps one of Trump?s key attributes is the fact that he thrives on deals where he can leverage his assets into creating more power and wealth for his businesses, his name recognition, and by proxy, himself. He successfully leveraged his brash and crude attitude in politics to destroy his Republican competition and played the law of averages to spread his message, in any context, via the media only too happy to regurgitate his often nonsensical tweets, speeches, and actions.

What sets a dangerous precedent is that in all of these instances, Trump, and Trump alone, is the arbiter of which businesses may live and which may die, based on criteria that his personal businesses don?t even follow.
It?s safe to say that Trump understands how the game is played and he knows, perhaps better than most give him credit for, how to game the political system for personal gain, and that can make him a very dangerous man indeed when given the opportunity to make the rules that businesses must follow.

Earlier this week, Trump tweeted to the head of General Motors that they?d face a stiff border tax if they didn?t stop their production of the Chevy Cruze in Mexico.

This comes off the heels of a political move by the Trump campaign to entice the air-conditioning company Carrier to keep jobs in the country instead of send them to Mexico. This incentive was in the form of specialized tax breaks.

Some people say the media should only cover what President-elect Donald Trump does, not what he?
Read more
Ford CEO Mark Fields also announced that the company would be halting plans for a $1.6 billion plant in Mexico and opted to re-tool a plant in Michigan, adding 700 jobs in the process.

While some speculated on whether this was due to Trump?s policies, Fields called it a ?vote of confidence? for the Trump Administration, after months of conflict between the then-candidate and the company.

Following suit, Toyota Motor Corp. President Akio Toyoda said that Trump?s threat of tariff on production of a car made in Mexico would also be taken into account, but no decision would be made as of yet regarding their plans to develop a Mexican-made Corolla in 2019. Then today?s tweet, addressing that very plant.

What sets a dangerous precedent is that in all of these instances, Trump, and Trump alone, is the arbiter of which businesses may live and which may die, based on criteria that his personal businesses don?t even follow.

Every job saved then acts as validation for his actions, retweeted ad infinitum, or until people realize that we gave one man way too much power over our buying decisions.

He?s setting backroom meetings with the heads of companies to work out agreements, in which he uses mafia logic to give companies the choice to essentially accept a gift in anticipation of future payback, or wake up next to a severed horse head. ?Gee, that sure it a nice plant you got there. It would be a shame if tariffs made it impossible for you to compete in the market.?

Globalization, both in concept and in practice, has its upsides as well as its downsides. It has been touted by Trump to be the source of many of the country?s economic ills. A company selling things in Mexico or another country where the cost of labor is cheaper is likely do so because they sell a less expensive product with slimmer margins.

However, the reality is that these cheaper goods?whether it be cars or laundry detergent at Wal-Mart?sometimes come at the cost of American jobs that have been priced out of relevance in their respective industries because of global competition. We simply can?t have both high-paying jobs for unskilled and entry-level skilled labor, and cheap cost of goods as the product of that labor. (Also, Trump and others forget the role automation, robots and other technologies have had in changing the face of manufacturing.)

Nevertheless, placing tariffs on said companies that choose to outsource their labor necessarily does more harm than good.

The only possible outcome of arbitrary tariffs would be to increase the cost of goods and decrease competition in the market. With these Mexican-built, small cars essentially becoming more expensive and less common in the marketplace, it hits those who rely on them the most, and those are almost always people who can?t afford much else.

While an argument could be made to generally lower corporate tax rates to bring those companies back (or at least get rates in line with that of Scandinavian nations), there?s a huge difference between an across-the-board tax decrease and a one-off reciprocal backscratch-a-thon, as was the case with Carrier, and likely will be the case for any large company that ?chooses? to stay in the country during his Presidency.

What?s even more confusing is that self-proclaimed fiscal conservatives like Newt Gingrich, who denounced the idea of Barack Obama using taxpayer money and government influence to shape the auto industry and keep jobs in the United States in 2008, now applaud Trump?s actions against companies that work in their own best interests.

For these people, it seems as though the cliff is still within sight and fast approaching, but the only difference is that their guy is driving, forgetting that he hasn?t actually hit the brakes yet.

To be clear, they?re both cases of crony capitalism, government intermingling with big business behind closed doors, then coming out and proclaiming that they understand the plight of the working man, and that he is safe for now. The big business can maintain its market share and any competition that wants a piece of the pie can go fuck itself, with the most extreme innovation being relegated to the regulatory gray areas.

In the auto industry, examples of this would be companies akin to Tesla and Uber, both companies that have had bouts with legality and regulation, despite having products that are now considered market staples in their respective industries.

While we?re all expecting Trump to attempt to construct an actual level playing field for small businesses in terms of lessening regulation that larger businesses can absorb, he?s started off his political legacy by poising himself as a leader who instinctively knows what?s best for the market and the American people. He alone can fix it, he says, and that means he alone knows what is best for all.

The way I see it, he?s currently using his position as the leader of the free world as leverage to make companies, both large and small, do his bidding, with stock prices fluctuating with every sleep-deprived tweet.

This is textbook authoritarianism. And it only takes one bad deal to realize that the whims of one man can?t save an economy, but they can sure as hell destroy it.

I?d love to be wrong about this, and I hope Trump?s policies will bring in much-needed innovation through a freer market, but at this point, the only thing I?m seeing is the public applauding a fireworks show while their house catches fire behind them. I pray they turn around.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Mass media has completely ignored the story so far, but there's video and arrests have been made. Considering how much press the fake "hate crimes" committed by Trump supporters get, this is a new low, even for our liberal mass media.

...and by "mass media ignoring it" you mean all over local and national news?

At the time I made this post, Infowars and other alternative media sites were the only ones reporting on the story. Despite the clear video and arrests. Whatever happened to wanting to be the first to break a story?

The mass media tried to ignore it, but there was outrage all over social media so they had no choice.

I'm no longer complaining about their coverage. However, if the races were reversed and a group of white animals tortured a black man while laughing and yelling "fuck black people, fuck Obama," I guarantee you the story would be far bigger. Many liberals, the media, and Democrat politicians would blame it all on Trump and his "hateful rhetoric." There probably would be nationwide protests. Probably another good excuse for the usual suspects to loot and riot too.

So there's still a tremendous double standard but luckily Trump won, and the pendulum is finally beginning to swing back.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Most sickening video I have seen in a LONG time. Anything other than really long jail sentences would be a disgrace and a miscarriage of justice.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Initially the Chicago PD said it wasn't a hate crime (I guess they didn't see the anti-white, anti-Trump Facebook video), or when they shoved the poor kids head into the toilet . . . now they're walking that back because of the response to the outrage. Wasn't it also in Chicago where the thugs pulled a white guy out of a car and beat him claiming he was a Trump supporter?

The looney left did warn us there would be violence if Trump was elected, they just didn't tell us it would be from them.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:

Not to mention that this doesn't have anything to do with BLM. Just some run of the mill f*cked people doing f*cked up things to people they deem lower than themselves.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yeah, 700 million dollars invested in the USA, rather than going south to Mexico. Damn that Trump!

Just for the record, nobody said all 700M was going to be spent in the USA. Most likely a fraction of that amount will go to the jobs, but the rest will go back into the coffers.
Ford said it, CNN reported it. http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/ ... 700-jobs-trump/index.html

I stand corrected. Now lets see what actually happens.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Yeah, 700 million dollars invested in the USA, rather than going south to Mexico. Damn that Trump!

Just for the record, nobody said all 700M was going to be spent in the USA. Most likely a fraction of that amount will go to the jobs, but the rest will go back into the coffers.
Ford said it, CNN reported it. http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/ ... 700-jobs-trump/index.html

Posted on: 2017/1/5 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/5 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/5 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Using the U6 unemployment rate measure would be a better metric for gauging the health of the employment markets.

i don't have a problem with using that rate, but even that rate has come down under obama. let's see where it is when trump leaves office? although i'm happy that trump is pressuring us companies to keep jobs in the us, i fully expect other countries to do the same. not to mention that automation is displacing many workers all over the world.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Using the U6 unemployment rate measure would be a better metric for gauging the health of the employment markets.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
the obama rally goes from strength to strength...i hope scumbag doesn't screw it up.

Wait, the left said the market would tank if Trump was elected-and instead it's been skying! Ford wants to help Trump make America great again! Mexico wants to play nice now. Bibi knows Trump has his back. Stop the snowflake tears, everything will be ok.
and still, obama has laid the foundation for the market's strength and the removal of election uncertainty is a positive.

Right, because DOUBLING the national debt under your watch, and keeping interest rates at practically zero will ensure a long term recovery. Meanwhile, food stamps users are up 10 million, labor participation is at a historic low, growth has been abysmal, and family income has been stagnant for the last 8 years. But bbbbbBush!
oh this is gonna be great. So I guess you are opposed to trumps plan to significantly increase the deficit although the unemployment rate is very low?

You are wrong. The actual unemployment rate is not very low. The Obama administration has been releasing juked stats.
then I expect the trump administration to come out with a revised, true unemployment rate...Just like macro did in Argentina? Gee, I guess Obama "improved" or massaged the definition of the unemployment rate used by gwb to make himself look good. Gtfooh.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 9:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
the obama rally goes from strength to strength...i hope scumbag doesn't screw it up.

Wait, the left said the market would tank if Trump was elected-and instead it's been skying! Ford wants to help Trump make America great again! Mexico wants to play nice now. Bibi knows Trump has his back. Stop the snowflake tears, everything will be ok.
and still, obama has laid the foundation for the market's strength and the removal of election uncertainty is a positive.

Right, because DOUBLING the national debt under your watch, and keeping interest rates at practically zero will ensure a long term recovery. Meanwhile, food stamps users are up 10 million, labor participation is at a historic low, growth has been abysmal, and family income has been stagnant for the last 8 years. But bbbbbBush!
oh this is gonna be great. So I guess you are opposed to trumps plan to significantly increase the deficit although the unemployment rate is very low?

You are wrong. The actual unemployment rate is not very low. The Obama administration has been releasing juked stats.

Posted on: 2017/1/5 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/5 4:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/5 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/5 3:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/5 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/1/5 2:31

« 1 ... 49 50 51 (52) 53 54 55 ... 78 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017